Photo

Radical PvP Rework

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

Poll: Radical PvP Rework (41 member(s) have cast votes)

What Idea should be added first to enhance PvP in the game?

1. Remove Deflect (1 votes [2.44%])

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

2. PvP Points for Regular Hits (different from ladder) (2 votes [4.88%])

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

3. Bring Back the ORIGINAL Smasher Medal (9 votes [21.95%])

Percentage of vote: 21.95%

4. Active PvP Battle System (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. PvP in Game Tutorial (4 votes [9.76%])

Percentage of vote: 9.76%

6. PvP Events (3 votes [7.32%])

Percentage of vote: 7.32%

7. Guild PvP Arena (1 votes [2.44%])

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

8. Idea #1 + #3 combined .. OH YEA (6 votes [14.63%])

Percentage of vote: 14.63%

9. None of the Above / Do Nothing (15 votes [36.59%])

Percentage of vote: 36.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 16:08

Well if that attacked never bounties it's their loss. They have 48h to post it and that's plenty of time.  So, that's no excuse. With the bounty expiring I see 99% of bounties being cleared.  But if people really want to remove the expire time then so be it.  I don't see anything wrong with removing or keeping it there.

I'm ok either way as well... but as others have said. no more compromising!

#42 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 16:08

the bounty board is not a punishment..that is the probelm..90% of the time i have been hit with 100 stam pvp hit..i get a message to put them on the bounty board..if most all pvpers actually want on the bounty board..it is not a punishment..they usually want to be de-leveled so they can easily level up again by staying in same area, therefore gaining more xp for thier guild...

5 levels down = trip to Krul Island - no more sitting on VL map - this would fix this agreed?  bounty board trip cost 2x the exp loss of a open hit minimally.  Number of bounties that expire are so extremely low they are completely irrelevant (never has one of mine expired in a lot of trips)- just further means to counter point anything possible

#43 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 16:19

5 levels down = trip to Krul Island - no more sitting on VL map - this would fix this agreed?  bounty board trip cost 2x the exp loss of a open hit minimally.  Number of bounties that expire are so extremely low they are completely irrelevant (never has one of mine expired in a lot of trips)- just further means to counter point anything possible

Ahh... Since it's so extremely rare for bounties to expire is why the hammer comes down on those that clear in the last hour hence the unwritten rule... learning....

#44 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 16:28

Ahh... Since it's so extremely rare for bounties to expire is why the hammer comes down on those that clear in the last hour hence the unwritten rule... learning....

I take bounties without regard for who is posted; or how much time remains, and this will never change.  Likely another happened once occurrence -so highlight it, despite it lacking relevance to he big picture.  I honestly see through such -some think it is cool to prey on the passionate for nothing more then their own amusement. 

#45 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 16:29

Actually that's not true.  Some people react differently.  While some want the satisfaction of their bounty expiring, others don't care.  It's like attacking someone, you can lose 5 levels or no bounty at all.  It's totally up to the player either way.

#46 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 16:33

I take bounties without regard for who is posted; or how much time remains, and this will never change.  Likely another happened once occurrence -so highlight it, despite it lacking relevance to he big picture.  I honestly see through such -some think it is cool to prey on the passionate for nothing more then their own amusement. 

Ohhh... i wouldn't mess with that guy... your asking for a delevel party.

#47 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 16:34

I'll take my chances - thanks for the advise though.

#48 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 16:34

Actually that's not true.  Some people react differently.  While some want the satisfaction of their bounty expiring, others don't care.  It's like attacking someone, you can lose 5 levels or no bounty at all.  It's totally up to the player either way.

Indeed, but as I am being schooled here, it's a one off rare moment... or isn't it. I'm starting to get confused. This is like real school now...

#49 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2014 - 16:55

you say you have to poay to opt out of pvp? PvP'rs have an option to "opt out" of leveling also...we have a choice to pay 200 fsp per level so we dont have to hit unsuspecting, unbuffed,helpless critters that dont hit back. BUT 99% of PvP'rs don't opt out of leveling...same as 99% of levelers don't opt out of pvp.

I agree with Ryebred on the fact we(pvp players) shouldnt budge on compromises anymore. Look at where it has gotten us. The game #'s are a 1/4 of what they were before i was terminated(before most of the changes for the softening of PvP) do you truly think softening up PvP did this to the #'s? never was their a change made that made PvP more brutal....they were all to soften it(PvP opt in, More punishment by more bounties, PvP protection,etc,etc)....and yet i hear how PvP has ruined this game for so many.

Could it be the never ending stream of new content for a select few(who complain when they dont get something new to do instead of trying other aspects of the game....btw if PvP is so brutal and unfair how do we have EOC players sitting with nothing to do?) ? Could it possibly be the constant stream of softening PvP updates? Could it be the fact that the last GvG update ruined GvG?(not the part about needing more than 1 attacker but the rating system, the lack of updates and removal of dead guilds from top 250 list,etc)? PvP is an ESSENTIAL part of this game and its been constantly degraded and punished.

I say instead of more mind numbingly boring content for EOC'rs and global combatants why not make it a challenge for them. Give the critters stats similar to a PvP'r? See them work for something other than throwing buffs on and clicking 1,2,3,4,5,r(give the critters PvP based buffs and stat reducing/increasing buffs and lets see what happens...)

Edited by DomCorvis, 29 March 2014 - 16:56.

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#50 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 17:05

you say you have to poay to opt out of pvp? PvP'rs have an option to "opt out" of leveling also...we have a choice to pay 200 fsp per level so we dont have to hit unsuspecting, unbuffed,helpless critters that dont hit back. BUT 99% of PvP'rs don't opt out of leveling...same as 99% of levelers don't opt out of pvp.

I agree with Ryebred on the fact we(pvp players) shouldnt budge on compromises anymore. Look at where it has gotten us. The game #'s are a 1/4 of what they were before i was terminated(before most of the changes for the softening of PvP) do you truly think softening up PvP did this to the #'s? never was their a change made that made PvP more brutal....they were all to soften it(PvP opt in, More punishment by more bounties, PvP protection,etc,etc)....and yet i hear how PvP has ruined this game for so many.

Could it be the never ending stream of new content for a select few(who complain when they dont get something new to do instead of trying other aspects of the game....btw if PvP is so brutal and unfair how do we have EOC players sitting with nothing to do?) ? Could it possibly be the constant stream of softening PvP updates? Could it be the fact that the last GvG update ruined GvG?(not the part about needing more than 1 attacker but the rating system, the lack of updates and removal of dead guilds from top 250 list,etc)? PvP is an ESSENTIAL part of this game and its been constantly degraded and punished.

I say instead of more mind numbingly boring content for EOC'rs and global combatants why not make it a challenge for them. Give the critters stats similar to a PvP'r? See them work for something other than throwing buffs on and clicking 1,2,3,4,5,r(give the critters PvP based buffs and stat reducing/increasing buffs and lets see what happens...)

If your solution will increase the playing population, I'm all for it! Do it now! I for one have no idea what increases or decreases the population but if you have the info, then let's do it. My opinion is one thing but it seems you have the facts so I will defer to your expertise. It would be lubricious to think that online games go through cycles and attrition based on the market and game landscape.

#51 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 17:09

Don't carry gold, talk crap, or 100 stam someone and you don't get hit. It's that simple! What is so difficult? Players want to avoid PvP yet... love to complain! Here's just another thread full of complaints.

Atm the devs are phasing out PvP. There's no discussion as much as they'd like to make it appear that way. When Hoof was around he'd really listen. Now just count the numbers of players in the impending PvP update thread who are against it compared to those for it. "This is gonna happen!" PvP is now being slowly ripped apart without ever having any real playing rewards, ever! No wonder it's so unpopular. It has always had a negative cost. At least with Arena for example, the rewards are so valuable that once you start winning you'll do well. What do you get out of PvP? The occasional big gold hit, maybe? But look at all the times you were rewarded with protect gold(that means 0 gold for those that don't know) or a 10% looting. It's a joke really.

Another important issue was that there was supposed to never be PvP protection. It was repeated for years it would not happen, then... This was truly the beginning of the downfall, and you could add to that the integrity of the game.

HCS is in panic mode in my eyes. They have to be looking at donations, wondering how to get them coming back. I have never seen online numbers lower and donations has to reflect that. The devs are milking what's left.That's it. They're seeing if getting rid of the part of the game that has always had so many complaints will help. Players who consistently PvP are mostly ones tired of leveling. I'm one. There are almost 2k levels.  What do you expect? To answer Bleltch's question earlier, "What can you do?" I think we all know what the ultimate answer is - nothing, but quit. Then that conjures up all sorts of emotions; I've donated, put tons of time in, made lots of friends, etc. Like smoking, the best results, although painful, are from going cold turkey.

Edited by sweetlou, 29 March 2014 - 17:11.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#52 daripper41

daripper41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 17:12

Everybody needs to understand that this game is based on conflict,,for anyone to be exempt from being attacked by another player (within range) is completly reverse from the concept of the game. Yes there are many different aspects to this game (lvling, farming, marketing,,,etc,,etc).  No matter how you choose to play the game you need to remember what the game is based on.  If you don't like the conflict then you need to play a different game.  Should you be able to bounty a bounty hunter? Of course.  Should there be a time limit on bounties?  Of course.  Now the pvp ladder thing, if it remains an opt in, then I don't think you should be allowed to bounty a ladder hit.  That draws players into it who have not opted in. So I would suggest either no bounties from ladder hits,,,or,,,open the ladder and allow bounty hits. I would prefer to see the ladder opened up and everybody is in..Titan hunting,,,,if you have people useing scripts to cheat then that must be stopped if possable.  Remember people it's all about conflict.

#53 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 17:13

Don't carry gold, talk crap, or 100 stam someone and you don't get hit. It's that simple! What is so difficult? Players want to avoid PvP yet... love to complain! Here's just another thread full of complaints.

What if you do all of this and still get PVP'd? and not just once. but repeatedly.

Edited by yotwehc, 29 March 2014 - 17:14.

#54 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2014 - 17:15

as ryebred has stated and i will restate now. I have seen droves of players mainly PvP/GvG players driven away from Fallensword. The latest idea for the BB has even more beginning to doubt their future in Fallensword. Some of these players are very influential to this game. Few have been around long before most claiming to need these changes. The fact is killing PvP is killing the player base. Believe it or not its true. I'm not saying make PvP a bloodbath free for all. But quit trying to nerf it. Havent us players who play pvp and spend fsp/gold daily earned a right to play the game as well as anyone else?

When you break it down PvP'rs are a HUGE % of the FS market. We buy more gear,buffs,etc than most levelers(who use shared gear bought by their guild). We buy buffs on a daily basis(how many levelers do this?), we buy new crystal gear constantly...We supply new gear from the ladder at the expense of OUR xp. We buy potions, donate, hunt to regain levels at the same rate if not MORE than your "average" leveler style player.

I'm sorry if you can not see this as feasible but believe me it is. Our guild is the type of enviroment where we participate in ALL facets of Fallensword. Some guilds prefer to shelter their members from the full FS experience...and then when players are 1/2 thru content and get smacked its some new awful experience. PvP should be introduced to new players. I remember i got started PvP'n because there was a quest that required PVP rating to complete. It taught me there was more to the game than just killing non combatant critters

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#55 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 17:16

Everybody needs to understand that this game is based on conflict,,for anyone to be exempt from being attacked by another player (within range) is completly reverse from the concept of the game. Yes there are many different aspects to this game (lvling, farming, marketing,,,etc,,etc).  No matter how you choose to play the game you need to remember what the game is based on.  If you don't like the conflict then you need to play a different game.  Should you be able to bounty a bounty hunter? Of course.  Should there be a time limit on bounties?  Of course.  Now the pvp ladder thing, if it remains an opt in, then I don't think you should be allowed to bounty a ladder hit.  That draws players into it who have not opted in. So I would suggest either no bounties from ladder hits,,,or,,,open the ladder and allow bounty hits. I would prefer to see the ladder opened up and everybody is in..Titan hunting,,,,if you have people useing scripts to cheat then that must be stopped if possable.  Remember people it's all about conflict.

Can you show me where it says that? They need to highlight and bold it so it's easier to see since it's ALL about conflict:

Fallen Sword is a massively multiplayer role playing game set in the exciting and evolving world of Erildath. Players enter the world and explore, adventure across a vast number of realms with thousands of other players.

Fallen Sword is a great game to play on your own or with friends. It has an old school MUD (Multi-User Dungeon) feel to it, with a great combat system. Slice your way through the many dungeons and group with your friends to defeat Legendary creatures.

Game Features:
  • Over a thousand levels worth of content, realms and creatures.
  • State of the art HTML5 canvas game play.
  • A vast array of skills and abilities for your character.
  • Thousands of items and quests to collect.
  • Free to play with no downloads.
  • Trading and auction systems.
  • Variety of exciting community events.
  • Regular updates and improvements.
  • An active and dynamic community of thousands of other players.

#56 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 17:16

What if you do all of this and still get PVP'd? and not just once. but repeatedly.

You have done one of those things, I guarantee it. I forgot one. You could have been hit for prestige as well.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#57 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 17:19

Can you show me where it says that? They need to highlight and bold it so it's easier to see since it's ALL about conflict:

Fallen Sword is a massively multiplayer role playing game set in the exciting and evolving world of Erildath. Players enter the world and explore, adventure across a vast number of realms with thousands of other players.

Fallen Sword is a great game to play on your own or with friends. It has an old school MUD (Multi-User Dungeon) feel to it, with a great combat system. Slice your way through the many dungeons and group with your friends to defeat Legendary creatures.

Game Features:
  • Over a thousand levels worth of content, realms and creatures.
  • State of the art HTML5 canvas game play.
  • A vast array of skills and abilities for your character.
  • Thousands of items and quests to collect.
  • Free to play with no downloads.
  • Trading and auction systems.
  • Variety of exciting community events.
  • Regular updates and improvements.
  • An active and dynamic community of thousands of other players.

Can you show me where they tell you to breathe? You need that too!

[Signature removed]

#58 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 17:19

You have done one of those things, I guarantee it. I forgot one. You could have been hit for prestige as well.

That would be valid... and that is my issue... sure gain prestige off weak players... shouldn't it be more prestigious to gain off of stronger players? 1 point if you kill me... 100 points for killing a bad-@$$ like you.

#59 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 17:20

Can you show me where they tell you to breathe? You need that too!

I never said it was about breathing... the other dude said it was about conflict... correction ALL about conflict.

#60 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 17:34

That would be valid... and that is my issue... sure gain prestige off weak players... shouldn't it be more prestigious to gain off of stronger players? 1 point if you kill me... 100 points for killing a bad-@$$ like you.

Aww, how sweet. Go try getting 10 prestige. Maybe if they made prestige 100% xp increase, right? That's what needs to be done though. The devs have always diluted PvP, always. Any 'fixes' they make only require more fixes. It's horrible! Talk about concessions... PvP smasher was diluted to only BB and Ladder, BB has been and will be dillutted even more, PvP protection added, and so many others it makes me sick.

[Signature removed]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: