Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:54

is it possible not to refresh the whole list after bidding an item

#42 Qilon

Qilon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:14

Most of my activities on the AH are gathering potions for hunting, now the process takes 3 times longer from the excessive navigation around the AH. please put in saved searches so we can preset our potions and put them where it is readily available.

still extra clicks for the most frequently pressed items "the categories" why hide them in a pull down menu.

filters r not the most frequently accessed comparing to the item categories!!!

#43 MightyBart

MightyBart

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:19

Hey people, when I now click an untagged item in my backpack it takes me to the AH but it doesn't display the item I clicked so I guess the "Clicking items in player profiles will now bring them up in the Auction House" is not wholly working yet.

For the rest, I need to get used to it I think, it doesn't look bad, just strange :)

#44 thering66

thering66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:58

sorry haven't skimmed through the thread but have anyone else suggested a guide quest that teaches auction House? like the one quest in the begging.

#45 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:00

First of all, I think everyone can agree that a great deal of work/coding went into this. It is also a given that some folk don't like change. But, having seen the number of corrections, (in a timely fashion too!) that have occurred, and apparently still need to happen, this may not have been the time for this update to globally happen. It would seem to me, after slogging though almost 40 pages of posts, that the staff in the hayloft, are very defensive of this change, and if there are complaints, they want concrete examples, not of why you don't like it, but of how they can fix it so you do like it. (I may have misinterpreted this, but that's how I'm reading it...) It also seems fair to say, that this update, when it works, is aimed at the folk using the AH heavily, not the dozen or so item a week crowd. It would be interesting to know which group is larger, both by individual numbers, and total number of items offered. For my two cents worth, I find the new AH much clumsier to use, I can't seem to keep any one section displayed when I'm buying. "Special" for example, seems to bounce all over the place, usually reverting to the general screen with 554 pages of stuff. The number of clicks to get anywhere has gone up, and after you've clicked, and then have to redo everything....well, it's not fun. I assume the game is supposed to be fun, nearly every guild tells us to have fun, but with a lot of needs (like potions, etc) revolving around the AH, I am NOT having fun. In short, like a bunch of the other posters have mentioned, lets have to old AH as an option. (At least for the short term) Then the bugs, and there are sure to be more, can get worked out in a more leisurely fashion, then having to have some poor Cow burning the midnight oil.

#46 ignotus

ignotus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:31

I think merging the min bid/current bid is a bit confusing as you can bid the min bid, but need to overbid the current bid.
I think making a separate column for min bid would be the good choice.

#47 BaiLong

BaiLong

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 14:40

Played around with the AH a little more, came across a couple minor issues:

1. After searching for an item and clicking on "other auctions" for any of the sellers listed, it brings up that persons auctions but only shows what you have just searched for. So I am thinking that when clicking "other auctions", it should auto-clear the filters so you see all of that persons auctions.

2. Also after entering a keyword search, I think it would be better if it defaulted to searching "All Auctions". As it is, if I check a players auctions and then use a keyword search it only searches their specific auctions instead of searching the whole auction house. Maybe that is the way it was intended to work, just throwing my 2 cents in 8)

#48 defabs

defabs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 15:29

if u bid on an item u dont see its bought u have ure gold or fsp still the same but after the refresh its taken of and u can see u bought the item

#49 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 October 2012 - 15:36

You might have to hit 'Ctrl +' to be able to read the text. https://sphotos-b.xx... ... 2705_n.jpg

When I click on the 'AH' link to see what other items sells for, it just takes me to the main auction page. Same thing happens when I click on the 'Sell' link.

Probably a FSHelper issue but it would be nice to have the option to search/sell items from my backpack again.

WarQueenSig1_zpsfe2b03d4.png

#50 deusdraco

deusdraco

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 15:44

I cant c any of the AH items that are up for display now. i play FS
game using my phone with opera mini. javascrip wont work on my
phone. is they any way to make a button to switch back to clasic
AH. like they did with the world page?

#51 Teuchter

Teuchter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 16:06

I still want to see min bid and buy now in AH , there are times when I do not want to be bidding on open ended auctions , also when placing numerous items up for auction we knew how many of that item we had and so could hold a few back for oneself , , now we have to go through our bp and count them before placing auctions, , , sorry still prefer the old system ,

#52 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 October 2012 - 16:25

Guild mates are postponing their hunts now because the AH isn't working properly.. -_-

#53 Scathian

Scathian

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 17:07

the mouse over for items in the "set Selling Options" stage of placing an auction is not working for me in chrome

#54 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2012 - 17:32

Guild mates are postponing their hunts now because the AH isn't working properly.. -_-

Which part isn't working correctly for them?

#55 BaiLong

BaiLong

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 18:03

Which part isn't working correctly for them?

If I were to hazard a guess, it's probably just because they had AH search templates set up before so they could easily buy their hunting pots. I use a good 20 pots for hunting myself, and searching for them is now a bit of a pain because I don't really remember all of the pot names.

A little more work at the moment, but a much slicker AH experience overall.

#56 Vulcan

Vulcan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2012 - 18:31

Mouse-over doesn't show on the Set Selling Options screen, be handy to check craft forge when setting prices?

Also any chance of a reset running time on your own auctions? Save having to wait for them to finish or cancel them and go through the time consuming task of re-listing them?

#57 fs_atheg

fs_atheg
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2012 - 18:35

good
uptade..
could
be
better
if
there
was
filter
in
auction
''min
forge''
and
dont
show
min
bid
if
no
one
has
made
any
bid..
now
thse
bids
makes
me
confused

#58 Vulcan

Vulcan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2012 - 18:38

good
uptade..
could
be
better
if
there
was
filter
in
auction
''min
forge''
and
dont
show
min
bid
if
no
one
has
made
any
bid..
now
thse
bids
makes
me
confused

I'm glad your not coding it :D

#59 fs_atheg

fs_atheg
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2012 - 18:41

good
uptade..
could
be
better
if
there
was
filter
in
auction
''min
forge''
and
dont
show
min
bid
if
no
one
has
made
any
bid..
now
thse
bids
makes
me
confused

I'm glad your not coding it :D

lol my laptop spacebar is dead:(

#60 subito

subito

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 October 2012 - 20:00

Very good update to search something in AH
Very Very VERY BAD for someone who want to sell 100 different potions or gear ...think to destroy everything from my BP and stop doing something in game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: