• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#41 vetlet

vetlet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:45

You should hit them back. But it can't be a free shot, without being bountied, because this can be abused in PvP wars where only incoming hits can be bountied but not outgoing. But my advice to you, vetlet, is to hit back or bounty, but not both. A PvP'er won't bounty you for a returning slap, because that would go against their own principles.
;)

Useful to know: I wouldn't go with both as that is just cheeky. But see your point about PvP wars. Ah well.

(PS: please note a leveller NOT complaining about the change!)

#42 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:46

Do the PvP protection upgrades stack?

Yes. It always has as an FSP upgrade.

#43 vetlet

vetlet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:46

Suggestion regarding Auctions :

When an item sells for gold, the gold then goes into a Gold Mailbox, to be picked up upon log in.

Could that work for accumulated gold while offline as well? Even if not, that's a good idea.

#44 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:47

When an item sells for gold, the gold then goes into a Gold Mailbox, to be picked up upon log in.

I think that would work for our potion making buddies.
:wink:

#45 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:47

What I would really love, however, is to have an alternative to bountying an incomer. You get hit, you have either a choice of: 1) bounty OR 2) a free shot back at them which is not bountiable (is that even a word?). so if you muss your retal shot, you lose your ability to bounty that incoming, if that makes sense.

some sort of unbountyble (<--thats a word i guess O_o) revenge hit needs to put into play. i either should be able to get to swing back OR bounty whenever i want over the next 48 hours. not only will this get some 'Levelers' to PvP if they want to fight for themselves but this will squash the threat or possibility of Guild vs Player..

Possible Current Situation: Player A attacks Player B > Player B attacks back for HONOR!! > Player A bountys Player B and has Guild stomp Player B on the Bounty Board because of a grudge OR just for fun ;) > Player B thinks about doing the same but is in a 'Leveling' Guild and can't get the resources to take levels from Player A and Guild A's bounty stomping crew OR just doesn't want to risk a 'Guild War'(or GvP War if they are guildless) over a exchange of attacks that should of stayed between 2 people.

let us fight our own battles..why should i be able to get a bounty on my head for defending myself honorably?

#46 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:51

Thought we were talking about helping PvP with this update? ;)

I do not like this suggestion of a temporary bank. Gold can be stored off hand through the abuse of the AH(friends biding with your gold)..I can see this being used to hide gold easier which isn't good for the Thieving department of FS. To have some good active crime and a healthy Bounty Board, we need gold to stay in hands :twisted:

#47 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:52

+1

#48 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:53

I do not like this suggestion of a temporary bank. Gold can be stored off hand through the abuse of the AH(friends biding with your gold)..I can see this being used to hide gold easier which isn't good for the Thieving department of FS. To have some good active crime and a healthy Bounty Board, we need gold to stay in hands :twisted:

+1

#49 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:56

+1

There's plenty of gold to go round.
I'm just thinking of those potion makers who go offline for days after spending their weekend making potions for all of us. ;)

#50 Rushing82

Rushing82

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 17:04

This seems extremely reasonable, and much less likely to be abused. I think Gold gain should stay on hand as it was a choice to upgrade in the first place.

As a leveler and titan hunter, this update does little to benefit me. However, as an OLD member of this game (albiet with a 2 year "holiday") I think this fixes a system that is extremely important to the game. As those who remember have already said, XP protection was a perk added specifically for the whining levelers who chose not to PvP. The gold protection nerfed PvP in general as it lessened the targets, and thus a PvPer's ability to make a living, so to speak. This revitalizes an aspect of the game that has been around since the beginning.

All that to say, great update, especially if the gold mailbox is implemented.

#51 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 17:05

i like the idea of dumping the gold in the mailbox has been plenty of times pot makers fill the ah with pots for gold and then find they have sold all there stash only to find the same person buying em out has then robbed em blind basically getting the pots for nothing so the pot maker or scavenger is at a serious loss

#52 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 17:10

Could that work for accumulated gold while offline as well? Even if not, that's a good idea.

No, I feel this would be best for the Auction House only.

Here's hoping.

#53 vetlet

vetlet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 17:13

No, I feel this would be best for the Auction House only.

Here's hoping.

Was just a thought. I like this idea for the AH proceeds at least anyway.

#54 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 17:17

I think that's a bad idea, it's going to be highly abused. If you all really want to encourage pvp via gold hits I cant believe you would even consider this.

#55 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2012 - 17:25

To have some good active crime and a healthy Bounty Board, we need gold to stay in hands :twisted:

So we should simply allow the Potion makers to be run out of the game because they can't earn anything on the AH? Yeah, that sounds entirely fair and fun. I could totally see them hanging around! :wink:

i like the idea of dumping the gold in the mailbox has been plenty of times pot makers fill the ah with pots for gold and then find they have sold all there stash only to find the same person buying em out has then robbed em blind basically getting the pots for nothing so the pot maker or scavenger is at a serious loss

Sounds like fun..........

I think that's a bad idea, it's going to be highly abused. If you all really want to encourage pvp via gold hits I cant believe you would even consider this.

We're all for encouraging PvP. But I'm not for having potion makers get hammered into the ground. However, if it's terribly abuse-able, we could maybe consider a limit before it starts going into the players hands but again, I'd rather not see the potion maker (who provide potions for loads of differing players) be utterly destroyed by it.

Good of the game and all that.

#56 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 17:32

We're all for encouraging PvP. But I'm not for having potion makers get hammered into the ground. However, if it's terribly abuse-able, we could maybe consider a limit before it starts going into the players hands but again, I'd rather not see the potion maker (who provide potions for loads of differing players) be utterly destroyed by it.

let me ask you this: Why do the potion makers have to go offline with a lot of gold auctions open? they can be cancelled cant they? Why would they bother staying online hiding their golds as it comes in if they can go off a couple days and grab their loot risk free?

Edit> And what did they do before protection was around?

#57 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 17:35

Something to consider with this update are the new in coming players being pvped for gold again.

I always thought 1 of the big things behind protection was to retain new players and keep them from being robbed before they understood the game.

I am not that worried about protecting my gold, but would it not be smart to have the free protection you get when you start also protect gold so they are not pounded early on and quit to soon?

#58 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 17 December 2012 - 17:37

Shouldn't this potion maker protection AH thingy be moved to a different thread?

Besides, most of the people commenting are not potion makers.

As for the PvP update. I believe it is a nice compromise. I fall into the camp of not wanting to PvP, but I do accept that it is part of the game and I, to a certain extent, just need to learn how to deal with it.

#59 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 17:39

To have some good active crime and a healthy Bounty Board, we need gold to stay in hands :twisted:

So we should simply allow the Potion makers to be run out of the game because they can't earn anything on the AH? Yeah, that sounds entirely fair and fun. I could totally see them hanging around! :wink:

Sounds like fun..........

I wonder what potion makers did before they had gold protection.. Here is what I think will happen if you dont change anything. Some will quit potion making, others will continue, and new potion makers might enter the market. What would be neat tho, is being able to sell potions in bulks.. So instead of listing five DC potions at 40K gold each, you list 5 for 1 FSP total. this should help potion makers that have trouble staying online to keep an eye on their gold, no?

And best of all.. no gold is protected :)

#60 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 17:43

One other note. I think you should change the title of this upgrade now to XP protection instead of PVP protection as the title is now misleading. Since now you can still be PVPed for gold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: