Photo

Upcoming additions.

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Doubler kills count to the Global Event total? (428 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Doubler kills count to the Global Event total?

1. Voted Yes! (280 votes [65.42%])

Percentage of vote: 65.42%

2. Voted No! (148 votes [34.58%])

Percentage of vote: 34.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 SkyWizard

SkyWizard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 17:10

1 kill = 1 creature.

Doubler "At skill level 50+, 2x Stamina usage in combat in return for 2x gold/xp...." and these global quests aren't for xp/gold gain.

Kill streak doesn't increase with doubler so why should count in the Global quest?

If the global quest creatures are in the range level of a player and (s)he wants to use doubler to level up, thats up to them.

With or without doubler, 1 creature, 1 kill

My vote is NO.

#42 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 17:11

Maybe there could be a specials global quest doubler -- gold sink, leveling the playing field and no one will get to profit off the back of a community event.

#43 Removed7845

Removed7845

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 17:13

Yes, it's a great idea because sometimes creatures spot too low :(
:) i can't wait to event, at least it starts before my vacations ends 8)

#44 chasblade

chasblade

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 17:15

The point has been mad that the only "gain" you get in using doubler stam wise is a few steps saved, and lightfoot is and always has been allowed in the global events. those with a low amount of stam can just log in and burn off stam multiple time during event. otherwise using doubler saves a load on the servers and peoples wrists.

#45 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 July 2012 - 17:16

1 kill = 1 creature.

Doubler "At skill level 50+, 2x Stamina usage in combat in return for 2x gold/xp...." and these global quests aren't for xp/gold gain.

Kill streak doesn't increase with doubler so why should count in the Global quest?

If the global quest creatures are in the range level of a player and (s)he wants to use doubler to level up, thats up to them.

With or without doubler, 1 creature, 1 kill

My vote is NO.

They are level 1 creatures (if memory serves) no one except a very small population will be killing these things for EX. Really I don't understand this. All allowing doubler would do is encourage players with large stamia to use it all. It won't change the amount of potential kills just make it go quicker. I have no problems with this at all.

#46 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 17:17

The point has been mad that the only "gain" you get in using doubler stam wise is a few steps saved, and lightfoot is and always has been allowed in the global events. those with a low amount of stam can just log in and burn off stam multiple time during event. otherwise using doubler saves a load on the servers and peoples wrists.

Great point about the servers being lighter since people can finish quicker

#47 subito

subito

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 July 2012 - 17:18

i`m agree with hades, lots of players like us have almost 100.000 stamina to spend , doubler will help everyone to get more potions from reward....i still have all potions from last rewards and I`ll be happy to help with more kills but lag will kill us and who know if we will join just to make minnimum kills for reward ....so I `ll vote yes for doubler

#48 Doginal

Doginal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 17:34

At first i thought doubler was a bad idea. But then after reading comments i changed my mind. I look at it like this.

Its a global event and as a community we want to do best possible. Yes the top 100 is a competition and doubler can make it slightly unfair for those who can afford the top doublers but I view the top 100 as encouragement to go above and beyond the minimum required. Lets enable those willing to go the extra mile (then do full marathon compared to the minimum) the ability to do that.

To me there is no real difference to using doubler than going to a tiny map and having an insane amount spawn on 1 spot except with doubler, you wont have to click as much and wait through the lag for FS to respond. I really dont know much about web design or how lag works but Doubler will reduce the number of clicks needed thus the number of hours spent playing and hopefully help with the lag issues that tend to arise during the events.

#49 TRBLmaker

TRBLmaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 17:39

Yes to doubler and No for changing tiers coz it will effect the lower players with small stamina bank who cant afford LP doubler1200.

x4gK4aR.png

#50 slingerett

slingerett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 17:41

I love the idea of doublers allowed. There are a lot of people at EOC willing to burn stam to help not only themselves but EVERYONE who qualifies get the rewards...no real downside here folks. And if you are worried for not being able to place in top 100..then get a doubler and save stam till it goes live....monday or tuesday is a good heads up guys so start saving stam. And thank you in advance for the extra help to those who will go for it hard if doublers are allowed.

#51 VEGNA

VEGNA

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 17:42

I think that adding doubler is really good, and my opinion is that it will not disbalance the total count for the event as it increase the stam usage to increase the kills, even more, it means also less stam usage for moving through the map. so at the end it is still the same globally, the people who have more max stam will make the most kills, like previous global events.
thumbs up for me.

#52 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 26 July 2012 - 17:54

I think that adding doubler is really good, and my opinion is that it will not disbalance the total count for the event as it increase the stam usage to increase the kills, even more, it means also less stam usage for moving through the map. so at the end it is still the same globally, the people who have more max stam will make the most kills, like previous global events.
thumbs up for me.

The good part about it is that low stamina players will be able to use their stamina more efficiently. Allowing them to still get the necessary kills. While otherwise it might be hard to get if they can only hunt one day.

#53 fs_pokemon449

fs_pokemon449
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 17:57

Kills made with a doubler will leave more creatures for others to kill -- +1 for doubler kills :)

this is what i think agreed i vote yes and i mena u dont have ot waste 5 hours at your comp fighting the creatures u can just like use dblr 150 and fight them for like 15 min and still get the rewards so i vote yes

#54 Plexus37

Plexus37

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 17:58

Keep everyone happy. Allow doublers to count in community total, but to satisfy those who are worried about missing out on a top100 spot due to this, then keep seperate 1 kill, 1 point score for leaderboard.
Totals wont match, but all can be happy.

Should Doubler kills count to the Global Event total? YES
Should Doubler kills count to the Global Event Medal? NO

#55 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2012 - 18:07

Voted yes, I know I for one would be more than willing to donate more stamina to the cause (should I be online when one happens) if it wasn't so mind-numbingly tedious to kill thousands upon thousand, one-at-a-time.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#56 fs_johe71

fs_johe71
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 18:20

. And if you are worried for not being able to place in top 100..then get a doubler and save stam till it goes live...

in the first event when the opponents spawned in every map you could get lots of kills really fast on a small map... the minimum to get in top 100 then was 22k
in the second event when you didn't have that advantage the minimum to get in top 100 was just short of 10k

if doubler is allowed this event will be more like the first event (ie you will get alot of kills in shorter time)... and the top 100 pretty much will come down to a list of the players that have
a) a huge amount of max stam
or
B) bought alot of current stam upgrades during the event

and sure, i don't have a problem with that if that's what the community wants :) (and i'm pretty sure the cows won't mind since people buying upgrades is $ for them)... personally i think i would do just what it takes to get the reward and then watch the minimum to get in the top 100 rise above a number i can't get to without using fsp (because right now spending $ isn't an option for me)... and be happy when i get the reward...

and if doubler is tried in this event, that does not mean that we can't have a future event where doubler doesn't count :) (and the top 100 will be a list of the people with more time to spend)

#57 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 18:24

1 kill = 1 point, its not about who has the highest doubler :roll:

It worked fine on the last 2 events, especially after you revised the milestones.

#58 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 18:34

1 kill = 1 point, its not about who has the highest doubler :roll:

It worked fine on the last 2 events, especially after you revised the milestones.

Having the highest doubler is irrelevant to how many kills one can amass. It will only effect how fast you get there. I can only speak for myself but I'd much rather finish using all of my Stamina quicker.

#59 fs_jabba

fs_jabba
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 18:45

if the kill only adds to the COMMUNITY total then i;m ok with it (as it would help ther server get the best rewards) but it should not count towards players individual total's either for top 10 or qualification medal (due to there less need to actually hunt the items unlike newer player who don;t have a guild and can;t afford even a cheap double on the AH)

Jabbathehutt

Ikoko Knights

#60 firewall31

firewall31

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 18:50

The point is more people might be willing to kill more if we could use doubler .and as far as not fair cause some people have more stamina then others .who cares? at the end of the event we all get the same reward..if someone kills 20k and somebody else kills 5k its still the same reward .who cares about the medal we cant use it .i would think those with not a bunch of stamina would like this idea .in the end it benefits everyone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: