381 replies to this topic

#41 Neomaxiums

Neomaxiums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:59

I think this should be added as a new game feature NOT replace the current gvg with a 'fortress invasion' system. Don't get me wrong though I do think the current gvg system is flawed and needs some changing but not replaced by this

#42 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 15:59

Well if i read this right zorg says the conflicts would require 25+ players in a guild, while this somewhat prevents smaller guilds from starting it, it also incourages more multis to be made to participate in it if i am reading it right.

I shall wait for more explanation before commenting more but so far the basic idea is sound.

#43 apedde

apedde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:05

humm you will reshape the entire game? this change is very bold ... and I think that will change the whole structure and functioning of guilds in the game ..

#44 Trecar

Trecar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:09

For Sale:
At least 5 perfect FF sets of Emisarries, gazant, aughisky, plague, lusika, cockatrice, deep, darklore, shildorah, kala. Open to good offers.
Might as well get rid of all our new recruits,, let them fend for themselves, keep the number of guild members at 24, and watch the frackers splatter everyone in this new system, and just go levelling...
Does anyone who plans these things ever play the game? I cordially invite any member of HCS to join us and find out what it is really like in game......seriously, i mean it, come and join us, and give it a go.....

#45 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:11

This sounds FANTASTIC!

#46 Zukira

Zukira

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:14

I do hope you will be reimbursing guilds their conflict upgrades costs for the current system rather than rolling those points into the new one since some guilds may no longer be interested in, or only interested to a lesser degree in GvG after this change.

Frankly, the current system could be easily saved.

The biggest thing to fix the current one would be to take out damage to equipment for combatants unless they are on the bounty board. Then you take out the burden that is placed on low level players and smaller guilds.

zukira.gif

|| signature rotates, artists varied ||

Fan my art on Facebook  || Deviant Art || Chat on Irc

When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy.

- Cevantes

#47 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:17

The 25 player requirement for guilds is just a number we thought of for now, we don't want our realms to be filled up with very small guilds building fortresses. However, we will be reviewing the average guild sizes and adapting it before release.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#48 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:18

Actually, I would hope that the defending guild (of a relic) would have ot make a choice -- give up the relic or defend their structure. Otherwise, in a marketplace type economy of FS, too much power = monopoly; stifles the fun and stifles other upstarts.

Sure, you need to learn how to play the game, but the game will suffer if too few accumulate much of the power.

What is the point of having a few "Top" guilds as opposed to a more colorful spread of guilds -- more options for players to choose from.

#49 KingWeeman

KingWeeman

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Romania

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:20

The 25 player requirement for guilds is just a number we thought of for now, we don't want our realms to be filled up with very small guilds building fortresses. However, we will be reviewing the average guild sizes and adapting it before release.

since a guild gets 8 slots when founded, i say 10 would be a good number...

kyorakusig_zps8dff8436.jpg

#50 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:21

The concept is interesting, but what stops a guild from never repairing their fortress, structures, etc. meaning, would that be an opt out for the new GvG system?

Would a damaged structure impact other areas of the game? meaning, would a damaged Weaponsmith, for instance, not give the same amount of damage to each guild member?

I don't like the fact that you get to choose when your vulnerable or not. However, maybe i'm missing something.

#51 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:22

I've said this many times before, with regard to the various changes being talked about for the game over the last few months: I like the idea, but not at the expense of completely alerting a system that a lot of people do like. Instead of revamping and replacing GvG outright with this new system, I'd prefer the option of this being a new play option (maybe "Guild Fortress" for instance), along WITH the current GvG system. But that's me, and my personal preference is for a wide variety of gameplay options, as opposed to replacing one option with another.

I like this suggestion because more options = win

#52 Odinsson

Odinsson

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:23

most of the big guilds have higher lvl relics anyway now, with usually lots who arent old enough to help defend it so i guess a portal may not really be needed but would still be very nice.

#53 fs_liuskoj

fs_liuskoj
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:23

Sounds extremely cool, but how exactly would the combat system work? Same old 25 lvl range?

#54 iambrad

iambrad

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:24

It would be helpful if you made a video of how a new based gvg would look and operate.

#55 llona

llona

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:25

"you will be able to place 3 (amount upgradable) of your current guild structures in order to give them bonus effects along with some special conflict related structures, such as a treasure vault and defensive structures."

"you will also be able to pick some conflict related structures that will determine types of guards and what elite guards your fortress. Elites will range from a giant spider to a dragon, which can be as powerful as you wish but will require more upkeep to keep depending on their strength."

"Players will need to pay an amount of upkeep in gold from their bank per day in order to keep their fortress. This upkeep amount will be determined by the realm the fortress is built in, popularity and which internal structures you choose."

So to make things clear:

the richest guilds with higher level players and a huge guild bank, those who can afford the most expensive structures and most expensive elite guards, those who can afford the highest upkeep will have the leading edge on this new and improved GvG system?

So GvG isn't anymore about the right gear and the rights buffs, but about who has more gold and more high level players?

why don't you give them a "win" button and avoid all the trouble?

#56 fs_conscar

fs_conscar
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:26

no.

for some reason makes me think of gothador

#57 Ikkaru

Ikkaru

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:32

Whoa... Just Whoa.... I do not even kinda like this idea. I can not even force myself to even show interest in this.... You are killing my favorite part of the game, GvG. This is the most flawed system i have seen yet from you HCS.... I guess you are just trying to do everything you can to make everyone donate crap loads of money to power lvl to EOC.

The idea of not being able to GvG anymore makes me sick

#58 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:36

Its interesting idea IMO :) game need new aspect

#59 Trecar

Trecar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:37

Whoa... Just Whoa.... I do not even kinda like this idea. I can not even force myself to even show interest in this.... You are killing my favorite part of the game, GvG. This is the most flawed system i have seen yet from you HCS.... I guess you are just trying to do everything you can to make everyone donate crap loads of money to power lvl to EOC.

+1

#60 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2012 - 16:39

Just another nail in the coffin imo.

HCS asks for feedback... Theres plenty of threads with feedback and suggested tweaks for guild conflicts, from rp.. to new buff packs, to new inventable gear, to how RP is awarded.

Instead, we see an OLD idea with new complicated tweaks ( this was suggested a long time ago, like a few years or so)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: