OhNoes' Firefox (Fx) Extension for SigmaStorm2.

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#41 ss_aranka

ss_aranka
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2008 - 21:35

The pane is an element inserted before the element statusbar in the mozilla browser. I can make it hidden for pages without sigmastorm2 but that defeats the purpose of the energy clock. Thus the hide stats button. Also, just so you know, that overlay won't change the size of the windows.

And it is Fx, not FF, even says so on the Title of this thread. Also on the page where you can Download the extension. I was hoping to promote awareness towards proper recognition of Mozilla's abbreviations. But I guess that flew past you. :\

I noticed a similar oddity when I tried to open the map view so I'm assuming it's the same issue:
it opens a small window (smaller than the status bar) and I could not scroll because it thought the window was as big as the status bar
also, the status bar did not work in this new window so there is no reason for it to be on the map view anyways
if it is possible to only remove the status bar from the "map view" and "quick buff" type pop-ups, I think that would be worth doing

#42 ss_ohnoes

ss_ohnoes
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2008 - 21:39

The pane is an element inserted before the element statusbar in the mozilla browser. I can make it hidden for pages without sigmastorm2 but that defeats the purpose of the energy clock. Thus the hide stats button. Also, just so you know, that overlay won't change the size of the windows.

And it is Fx, not FF, even says so on the Title of this thread. Also on the page where you can Download the extension. I was hoping to promote awareness towards proper recognition of Mozilla's abbreviations. But I guess that flew past you. :\

I noticed a similar oddity when I tried to open the map view so I'm assuming it's the same issue:
it opens a small window (smaller than the status bar) and I could not scroll because it thought the window was as big as the status bar
also, the status bar did not work in this new window so there is no reason for it to be on the map view anyways
if it is possible to only remove the status bar from the "map view" and "quick buff" type pop-ups, I think that would be worth doing

Well I looked at it, all that happens is that the browser assumes the window size to be equivalant to the size of the s inner content, assuming the window size is already smaller then that.

As for the map, I have the m keybinding, which keeps the map in the same browser window that you are playing in, inside of a separate tab, which is already maximized. And if you press it again later on while playing, it will just refresh that tab. I find this way of viewing the map better. As I don't have to maximize it.

#43 ss_aranka

ss_aranka
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2008 - 21:55

As for the map, I have the m keybinding, which keeps the map in the same browser window that you are playing in, inside of a separate tab, which is already maximized. And if you press it again later on while playing, it will just refresh that tab. I find this way of viewing the map better. As I don't have to maximize it.

:shock: it didn't do this for me yesterday...I must try again today because that would be a vast improvement over the pop-up
(I'd try again right now but I have the plug-in disabled and I don't want to restart Fx)

#44 ss_myrth77

ss_myrth77
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2008 - 23:01

works nice

I noticed the same thing about FS buff window and other popups.

Could you have the status bar by default be hidden and you have to click the button to see it.
I think this would solve my only issue with it.

Otherwise great work and Thanks.

#45 ss_mowglik

ss_mowglik
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2008 - 23:39

sorry, don't read all posts, and just instal the plugin...
is it possible to come back in the world map, after hunt ?
without do that : *Binds the '0' and 'b' keys to go back to the world
at the end of each serial of hunt, we stay in the hunt page...

so, is the « R » usefull again in repair houses ?

so, thank you very much for the big job ! :)

#46 ss_aranka

ss_aranka
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2008 - 23:45

ooo is this possible?
I bet some people want to see the combat
but I am not one of those people and this solves my 1, 1 issue

#47 ss_ohnoes

ss_ohnoes
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2008 - 00:00

If you have HCS' key settings activated in your config area, then 0 will take you back to the map as default in the game. If not, then both 0 and b will take you back to the map.

r does as it was programmed to by HCS. I have not touched that key since version 0.1.337. If you have HCS' key settings enabled, then r will 'attempt to heal at a mechanic' otherwise, it will do nothing.

h will attempt to heal your character if you have a class and skill points in the class skill tree for healing. If you don't have points, but a class, you will just get sent to the cast page with an error saying you don't have points in the said skill. If you have no class, h will do nothing.

Glad you like it :D

#48 ss_mowglik

ss_mowglik
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:43

with that plugin install, when I'm playing in Fallen sword, the buff's screen & area screen is too small, I can't see all buf., I see only left-half...
when I desactivate your plugin, all is ok... :?
I should instal it to play SS2 & desinstal it to play to Fallen Sword...

since your plugin, in SS2 we can enlarge that little screen, but in Fallen Swoprd, we can't...

#49 ss_deceiver11

ss_deceiver11
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2008 - 17:42

u can just click hide SS2 stats and it should be fine. and thanks for the plug-in :mrgreen:

#50 ss_ninerian

ss_ninerian
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2008 - 00:27

Thanks OhNoes!!! Love the 'h' option...using it in combo w/the 'combat set' option to heal & change hunt gear w/in a few seconds, and can stay out twice as long :)

#51 ss_ohnoes

ss_ohnoes
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2008 - 19:29

Thanks ninerian and deceiver11 :D

And for those who just complain because of popup windows, I'll look at initially hiding the bar from a window, and showing it upon the loading of a ss2 page...

But I will do this in the next version, and I am currently deciding on what I want to add to this next version. I plan on having the next update ready this weekend :D

Cheers everyone ^_^

#52 MamorukunBE

MamorukunBE

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 22:50

No complain untill now. Wonderfull, just wonderfull! :P

#53 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 23:05

is it possible to add ammo status? that would be cool so you can reload when you are down to 1.

#54 ss_aranka

ss_aranka
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2008 - 23:10

is it possible to add ammo status? that would be cool so you can reload when you are down to 1.

seconded

(I stopped using ammo weaponry so I forgot about this, but it would have been very useful when I was using ammo weaponry)

#55 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 December 2008 - 07:28

Mine still says "You cannot move more than 1 square" and it's too wide for my monitor.... also, my scroll bars have disappeared

These are things I have noticed, if you have already addressed them, remember I am an old lady and tend to be forgetful :P

----------------
Now playing: U2 - Until the End of the World
via FoxyTunes

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#56 ss_jimmyjoe

ss_jimmyjoe
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2008 - 19:20

Love it... Good job :mrgreen:

#57 EliJohn

EliJohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 23:27

Is using this add-on the reason for people being banned?

#58 ss_ohnoes

ss_ohnoes
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2008 - 23:28

Is using this add-on the reason for people being banned?

Not at all, as stated in the first post, I cleared all the features with HCS via support ticket to make sure that wouldn't happen. I'd never program something against TOS that would result in people loosing their accounts.

#59 EliJohn

EliJohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 23:32

Just wanted to make sure. Must be using the other Firefox add-in I have seen. Thanks for the good work ohnoes!

#60 EliJohn

EliJohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 23:51

This is BY FAR the best addition to SS2 that exists. It is a fantastic piece of work ohnoes and I have recommended it to my entire faction with a link to this thread. I hope you continue development on it and it continues to grow in users! Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: