Photo

Proposed Stims.

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#41 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2011 - 16:33

I would like to throw this out for you all to try on to see if it fits. Yep.....another Sailor what if game :)

WHAT IF. The new stims would enhance the skill level of the buffs that we have or purchase from others?

Lets say I have a L135 buff running, either I buff myself with it or I purchase it from another player. I get one of them new fangaled stims and slap it on.......Say it was a L100 stim, then I would get 50% added to the skill that I am already running. Yep, that's right! You only get 50% if you already have a buff running. You get 100% if you don't have the buff running.

So here it is. I have L135 DP running. I get the L100 DP stim and pop it. This gives me a 50% bonus. So I now have a L203 DP running. For those that can't find a DP buff to buy from someone they at least will be able to buff them self with a L100 DP.

The stim will buff at face value if used alone or will increase an existing buff by 50%.

This will keep the buffers happy and I think you will sell a boat load of the stims in TH that will help get rid of credits.

That is my what if game.

#42 ss_teekill

ss_teekill
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2011 - 16:35

How about we have 2 types:
+ DP 100 stim in TH for 2.5k cr (like MK2 intensifier stims). This is for casual players with not many cr who cannot find buffers.
+ DP 150 stim in TH for 250k cr (duration 60 minutes). This is for credit sink, and the stim level is only 10 levels above the highest buffable skill in game (not too overpowered), and costs you much more than stam/energy-cost of the buff.
Also something similar for RS as well.

Eh, maybe the 3rd type:
+ DP 200 stim in TH for 2.5m cr (duration 60 minutes) <--- credit black hole :D.

#43 Roondog

Roondog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2011 - 17:23

I really would like to see a higher level accelerator stim. It takes far too long to hunt and burn through my stamina. There is already a level 250, will 300 really make much of a difference? I think this stim should be level 500. I don't think it is a win button, I just don't have the time required to sit for 5 hours to hunt.

#44 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 March 2011 - 17:24

Btw, why not add some class shops in content wit some class versions? Maybe 2nd round?

I second this. I would love to be able to use Mental Strength as a Mutant

Of course I meant that classes could only use their own class stims....

It would be nice to sample some of the skills I am less confident in.....

#45 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 17:48

Hi forum:

Yeah!!! New Stims PLEASE. :!:

:arrow: Traverse. (Yes Please)(100+)
:arrow: Data Processor. (Yes Please)(150)
:arrow: Researcher. (Yes Please)(150)
:arrow: Mission Finder. (Yes Please)(100)
:arrow: Salvage. (Yes Please)(100-200)
:arrow: Kinetic Reserves. (Yes Please)(100-150)
:arrow: Defiance. (Yes Please)(100)
:arrow: Strike. (Yes Please)(50-150)
:roll: & an Accelerator 300.(no comment)

Thanks! And rub my rabbits foot! :ugeek:

Sincerely :evil:
majar :twisted:

#46 ss_ordermaker

ss_ordermaker
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2011 - 17:52

I wouldn't mind getting a Traverse stim at level 1250 in the loyalty section, same as in FS.
For the other stims, I do agree, they would need to be higher, or, if you plan to put them at level 100, add blueprints so that they would be upgradeable to level 200, by using the stim level 100 as an ingredient. That way you make the lower stim also interesting to obtain.
Otherwise, as proposed, the stims won't really have much use to the current higher level players.

#47 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 18:39

I wouldn't mind getting a Traverse stim at level 1250 in the loyalty section, same as in FS.
For the other stims, I do agree, they would need to be higher, or, if you plan to put them at level 100, add blueprints so that they would be upgradeable to level 200, by using the stim level 100 as an ingredient. That way you make the lower stim also interesting to obtain.
Otherwise, as proposed, the stims won't really have much use to the current higher level players.

Please not mega-stims.

I don't even want to see 200's through the game but 1250? Please don't entertain that. The uber-pots of FS (and the switch to PvP) have driven me from that game. Please don't do the same here.

As for who would be interested in these - this discussion is interesting. First, players said they couldn't find online buffers. Now, players say if they aren't as good as what players can give they won't be used. This isn't necessarily addressed at the quote above - but the same having it both ways is going on that went on with the ACC stim. Either there is a shortage of buffers and level 100-125 stims will help, or there is a scarcity of SKILL POINTS which makes it a game of choices. Skill point scarcity is interesting so don't replace skill points with stims PLEASE.

#48 Eleonora2

Eleonora2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 19:29

Oh loosen up people i hardly ever uses buffs other than my own :D Even DP and RES i mostly only buy if i see in my friends list that it's available :lol:

On the selling side i only get asked for Robot Hunter on occasion ;)

So if you just play to enjoy the game instead of rush to EoC up to my current level you don't NEED these. :P

Now what i would like is some buff or potion that makes behe's stay in the same place longer (more kills before jumping on average) :roll:

#49 ss_icytheicy

ss_icytheicy
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2011 - 19:30

If you read all the previous replies you'll notice the following:

1) We have 2 kinds of players: A: Normal Players. B: 'Higher lvl' Players.

2) To satisfy both we'll need 2 sets of stims:
A: Middle content (lvl 200-250) lvl 120-125 stims.
B: End of content (lvl 400-500) lvl 140-150 stims.

3) There is another way to divide players into groups:
A: Low max energy. B: High max energy.

The low max energy players (such as myself) should have stims available around 5-10k credits in TH and have the basic buffs covered.

The high max energy players (like Ed) should have stims available around 100k credits (As a minimum) and cover almost every core hunting buff.

A third Insanely expensive stim set for those who want to go above and beyond..say lvl 175 stims (Not lvl 200) 500,000 credits each ( They are OverPowering after all ).

4) The SF is not 'The' solution, but could be part of it.

#50 ss_joosy

ss_joosy
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2011 - 19:43

Maybe you should build in the buff-finder from the SS2-Helper instead, i have little problems with finding buffs (MF mostly).

I would not buy it, since i already have ALL usefull core-skills up to lvl 500 in the game myself (Atm i only buy Accel 250 from SF, Scavanger 200, and sometimes RobH or RadH 50.)

(I dont use FI for hunting elites, since i find waiting 10 minutes every time booooring)

And at lvl 150 they would probably so expensive, i wouldnt find it worth the money.

ps.. for the ones who dont want to find buffs on other players... 5000 creds for lvl 100 DP/RES would be a fine price i think

#51 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 March 2011 - 20:01

The other stims would be about Buff Level 100. This means that they are high enough to be useful but any Buff Sellers will not be put off.

The reason we requested stims is because buff sellers are difficult to find, If the stims are only level 100 and not what matches my current level then you haven't solved the problem and leaves me and many others still looking for non existent buffs, not being able to find buffs when needed is a game killer for those with limited time to play.

So you suggest that level 100 skills aren't good enough and that all the buff sellers should be put out of business?

Putting it at 100 allows them to stay in business while still offering you a chance at buffs you find useful when you can find buffers.

Leave them at Level 100 BG :) - as you say, making them as high as existing buff levels (or higher, via TH or other means) just nobbles the vendors. There is nothing stopping players learning these skills - too many players want their cake AND to eat it. Prioritise your learned skills and cope without the rest if necessary. Better still, be self-sufficient in buffs .... I am :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#52 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 March 2011 - 20:19

For my own selfish reasons i would want all at lvl 150, but in all honesty the only two i see needed at lvl 150(to always let players stay competitive in leveling) is DP and RES. The rest are fine at lvl 125(id buy TRAV, SALV, DEF and STR at this level) though MF would do ok at lvl 100(i have lvl 50 and it does fine, but due to higher ACC's in future lvl 100 MF would like i said do ok but lvl 125 better in the long run), 60 mins is fine for duration but id prefer 90 mins(so i could chill :D), i do wonder how any of the proposed fit with SF except for STR and DEF, and i wonder if id have trouble getting them besides returning to SF cos i wonder if people would sell them if they cant make much on them, at lvl 100 who's gonna sell their tokens for 25k(they wouldnt be worth more at that lvl 100), not me, so maybe make the SF stims lvl 150, OR i could let slip the dogs of war again :P , i wonder if ACC 300 is a big change, i sometimes use the 250 when im in a rush but for the max energy players will this really cater to their needs and provide a steady market for the farmers, i do wonder... but it is a step forward :)

#53 Whammies

Whammies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 21:09

Pricing , if you plan to use credits "what if" you based the credit price on the amount of stamina a person has and/or the lvl of the person. for example

a lvl 10 with 500 stamina pays 2k for the buff
a lvl 100 with 500 stamina pays 10k for the buff
a lvl 10 with 1000 stamina pays 4k for the buff
a lvl 100 with 1000 stamina pays 20k for the buff
a lvl 200 with 4000 stamina 100k for the buff

I understand my prices are alittle high for creature kill/credit gain
but i figure the wonderful forum users could hammer out a fair price :)

you have to be careful though. some of these players only want win keys. If you need a buff that bad then use your skill points for those buffs.
not having some of the basic buffs?
thats the choice you make when you allocate them. Its not hcs responsibility to make your hunts painless with every buff possible at any time of the day.if you need KR Searing edge and traverse, sorry your gonna have to go without on the dp and res.

#54 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 22:42

meh, i'm with RJEM on this, level 125's for the basic one's. I suppose I've been lucky but I've always found someone with the right buffs for a hunt. Only one person mind but I've never struggled for long. Cost say, 50k in the TH and 25 SF points.
Anything I can do to get higher level acc's just say the word. you could probably put out the lvl 300 for twice the prices of the lvl 250 and get away with it.

#55 Vorest

Vorest

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 23:18

Basic idea is good enough for me. Players who don't have certain buffs can buy them at level 100 if don't want to look for buffers. I don't have MF for example, so lvl 100 MF would be sweet. Sure lvl 150 would make missions easier... But I want to have damn challenge in missions! Higher level stims should be inventable, or buyable with SF tokens. No need to overpower stims guys... really.

#56 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:18

whats the chances of getting some overpowered intensifier stims? hunting on here is such a drag sometimes

#57 ss_pellam

ss_pellam
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:24

I don't really care about the other stims, but you need to provide a bigger accelerator than just 300.. I want a 1200. This game is taking way too much of my time. Let me burn through my energy more quickly and maybe I'll have time to play other parts of the game, or socialize a little. Make it a loyalty item. Stop wasting my time! Playing the purist is bad enough with the stupid ammo. Look I mostly like the game, onerous that it is, but every time I burn energy I wonder if this will be the last time. Oh well back to burning.. or not.

#58 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:51

whats the chances of getting some overpowered intensifier stims? hunting on here is such a drag sometimes

Zero, Accelerator stims were introduced to speed up the boring hunts but not increase credits

#59 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:14

this discussion is interesting. First, players said they couldn't find online buffers. Now, players say if they aren't as good as what players can give they won't be used.

Should be obvious not many of higher levels (or many new players) are not looking for skills from players below level 100 , If we were then this thread wouldn't exist :roll:

#60 seasack

seasack

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:58

the highest level players in my fraction dont buff me on purpose,to prepare me mentally for the tough road ahead.they also beat me and make me clean their toilets.and their socks,which i dont actually mind...i cannot explain that though....anyway , yeah...what Ed said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: