#41 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 September 2011 - 23:45

mohawk got smacked down for making this suggestion LOL.

Kinda like rubbing salt in the wound don't you think ? - pull development of the game 2 weeks after asking for donations and then ask if we'd like an "ending" ... n once the idea gets overwhelming (well, overwhelming for SS2) support, disappearing, never to appear again. Not quite what I'd call the best customer service LOL.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#42 Eleonora2

Eleonora2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 19:02

Hi MoJawk how was your vaction? Hope you're fine and have a scrap of time to read this thread and make some reply :)

Personally i think one area wouldn't be enough to bring all storylines together but what do i know, still well over 100 levels from EoC :P

#43 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:01

what is the point of dragging it out? it will just make it more tedius, which may be good for forcing people to quit I guess. I mean lvl 500 buff is ok, but it will be tough enough to be in 10 lvls for each area no matter. and if you force the few remaining to spend hours hunting elite for few xp point, most will never bother.

for myself, I wants some form of decent ending. that is all. I will stay around to help those few left out after I am done for a while. I don't want the ending to be so painful that I don't even want to bother. One area, one mob for 60lvl will be almost that bad. I am trying to come up with best solution for least amount of resource required by the cows. I hope we get bit more than that, but I will be satisfied if we get what I propose.

I really wish we can have some user created content based on existing material. missions using existing areas. those could easily be used to created lot of content without needing any new art. oh well wishful thinking...

I could not agree with you more...lets get a good ending to the story, and make it with as little effort for the creators and for players as possible.
Just get us out of the misery and let us play the game to the end.

Please

#44 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 October 2011 - 21:58

what is the point of dragging it out? it will just make it more tedius, which may be good for forcing people to quit I guess. I mean lvl 500 buff is ok, but it will be tough enough to be in 10 lvls for each area no matter. and if you force the few remaining to spend hours hunting elite for few xp point, most will never bother.

for myself, I wants some form of decent ending. that is all. I will stay around to help those few left out after I am done for a while. I don't want the ending to be so painful that I don't even want to bother. One area, one mob for 60lvl will be almost that bad. I am trying to come up with best solution for least amount of resource required by the cows. I hope we get bit more than that, but I will be satisfied if we get what I propose.

I really wish we can have some user created content based on existing material. missions using existing areas. those could easily be used to created lot of content without needing any new art. oh well wishful thinking...

I could not agree with you more...lets get a good ending to the story, and make it with as little effort for the creators and for players as possible.
Just get us out of the misery and let us play the game to the end.

Please

It seems the offer was an empty one as there has been no cow response to it, despite most folk wanting "closure"....

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#45 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 00:53

You'll get nothing and like it.

#46 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:27

You'll get nothing and like it.

Will you settle for 50% correct ? ;)

#47 seasack

seasack

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 October 2011 - 18:23

the good news is that not giving a fuck about the game is en vogue right now :)

#48 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 15:53

well, some of us still give a damn about it..we care about the game, and would like to see it end nicely..at least the oncoming players at lower levels can see a point in trying to get to the end..why get to the end if there is no end...

#49 ss_mojawk

ss_mojawk
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2011 - 16:19

Thanks for the replies. I'm not on vacation, I'm just super busy with the projects we have going on atm. I'll speak to Hoof about this next week and get back to you guys.

#50 dragonpar

dragonpar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 18:45

Thanks for the replies. I'm not on vacation, I'm just super busy with the projects we have going on atm. I'll speak to Hoof about this next week and get back to you guys.

Perhaps doing what you implied in the start of this thread would be good,instead of beeing superbusy with the projects?
I think HCS have done way more harm to HCS by the way you abruptly ended SS2. I for one will never ever donate a single cent of real monies to nor will I play another game developed by your company.

What says the next project your company releases will not get the same treatment as this?

Saying you in several months being so very busy you have not had time to discuss your idea with your co-worker(s) sound,excuse me,like a very bad excuse.

I think most of the adult players that actually donated real monies feel the same.

DP

#51 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 November 2011 - 00:00

*twiddles thumbs waiting ... *

#52 ss_mojawk

ss_mojawk
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:12

I've discussed this with Hoofmaster and the team. We plan to give you an ending to the game with a story and some new content however there is no current time frame on this. (After Xmas at the earliest) I'm sorry if you are not happy with my responses.

#53 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 17:34

Hi mojawk, forum, and hcs!

Thnx mojawk for the Wonderful news and Glad to hear it! :-) :mrgreen:
That is a really nice x-mas present, and it gives ss2 something to look forward to! :mrgreen:

Happy Holidays, m8! :mrgreen: :oops: :roll: :oops: :geek:

sincerely :evil:
majar

#54 ss_auronxx

ss_auronxx
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2011 - 21:54

(After Xmas at the earliest)

Speaking of Xmas...any chance of re-releasing Xmas event stuff?

I am extremely glad to hear of the plans to come up with a suitable ending to SS2, and I understand that you would need to wait until after Xmas to devote the time needed for that...but would it be a lot of work prior to Xmas to just re-release what has already been created?

If I had to choose between getting the ending and getting the Xmas events, then of course I choose getting the ending...but since I don't think that throwing out the Xmas events would take much effort, I'd like to ask for both if possible. Pretty please.

I really want a plushie

#55 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 23:08

(After Xmas at the earliest)

Speaking of Xmas...any chance of re-releasing Xmas event stuff?

I am extremely glad to hear of the plans to come up with a suitable ending to SS2, and I understand that you would need to wait until after Xmas to devote the time needed for that...but would it be a lot of work prior to Xmas to just re-release what has already been created?

If I had to choose between getting the ending and getting the Xmas events, then of course I choose getting the ending...but since I don't think that throwing out the Xmas events would take much effort, I'd like to ask for both if possible. Pretty please.

I really want a plushie

+1 to this. I'd love to have the old Xmas content re-released.

#56 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,829 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:01

We'll definately be releasing the Christmas content. We'll continue to do that as long as people are playing the game.

#57 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 00:48

if you made it so that you do not lose so much xp as you lvl up on the last area, some people will at least continue to lvl up. at +7, I make less than 15xp/kill. was not so bad when I was making 70. at least trying to make to 450 is proving to be very painful, even with max xp gain.

#58 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:37

if you made it so that you do not lose so much xp as you lvl up on the last area, some people will at least continue to lvl up. at +7, I make less than 15xp/kill. was not so bad when I was making 70. at least trying to make to 450 is proving to be very painful, even with max xp gain.

I hear you there - same boat :)

#59 Runelon

Runelon

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 17:56

Thanx to Roach for having trolled thru these parts (game forum) and giving me the heads up that there's some akshual news in here, and news of a topic near and dear to our depraved lil hearts !
More thanx to MoJawk/aka John Stewart (programmer) for the last post before this one as well as this more recent news flash

and of course thanx to Big Grim for listening to our pleas for a reprise for the Xmas eventingz :ugeek:

at this point in time, I'd like to stress how important it is to us lifers here, that there be some late realm where we can gather to bash each other :lol: also someplace where we can get more than 15 XPs - 65 XPs per kill and reach some of that still ridiculously high level Slaughterfest prize gear (( Extra - Extra !! could we please haz the Blortak (pretty blue defensive helm lowered to level 450 PLEASE ?? that'd put it 10 levels closer to EOC, yet still give us something to reach for, before that next after Xmas sometime next year wrap up ))

and lastly but certainly knot leastly, thanx to all that keep shakin the bushes for errant cowz that's chewin theyz locoweed cuds and reminding them that tho we may be mostly forgotten here, we iz anything but dead, being too damned stubborn to roll over and expire. Haaa!

:mrgreen

#60 maniacego

maniacego

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 18:20

yes more lvls please. we will take any thing we can get. with a great ending would be great but who knows content until lvl 500. maybe it will revive the game who knows where it goes from here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: