cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 03 October 2014 - 19:08

Does anyone else notice that the only benefit here are for high level players?

Would you rather spend time killing a monster that gave you nothing in return? Answer would be no. Look at them, those low level legendaries are garbage. While you guys can kill the newer monsters that actually still have value that we low levels can't even touch.

At least you guys can use the gear. All we can do is sell ours or compose them.Even that isn't worth it cause everyone is going to have the same idea and next thing you know, prices fluctuate and no one wants to buy or sell anymore. At least give us a new creature for the lower levels. Especially in the 200-299 range cause anyone who's been there knows how terrible the hunting gear is.

First of all I try to promote support for lower level players. It's what gets this game going. And what do you guys do? Worrying about yourselves. The same way how HCS is more concerned about their high level players than lower level players. Might as well just tell all levels under 500 to go screw themselves.

~ Info from the Guide ~
Legendary creatures level 500 and below: 82
Legendary creatures level 501-1600: 56
Legendary creatures level 1601 and above: 6 (3 of these are Spine/Crystalline)

Content goes to level 2250 now. The last Legendary in the guide is level 2120.

There is an average of 16.4 Legendaries per 100 levels for levels below 500.
There is an average of 5.09 Legendaries per 100 levels for levels 501-1600.
There is an average of 0.92 Legendaries per 100 levels for levels above 1600.

The last 130 levels have no Legendaries within them at all (included in the 1600+ numbers).

There is a LOT of Legendary gear for players below level 500. All the creatures are re-released into the realms or caves at some time or another. Just because an individual thinks the gear is of no use to them, does not mean that someone else might not have a use for it. If you're tired of the gear that is available at your level, level up and you'll gain access to additional item sets.

----------

HCS, despite the fact that I don't have a personal need for any of the creatures released this weekend, thank you for giving us another event to enjoy! :)

#42 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 19:38

~ Info from the Guide ~
Legendary creatures level 500 and below: 82
Legendary creatures level 501-1600: 56
Legendary creatures level 1601 and above: 6 (3 of these are Spine/Crystalline)

Content goes to level 2250 now. The last Legendary in the guide is level 2120.

There is an average of 16.4 Legendaries per 100 levels for levels below 500.
There is an average of 5.09 Legendaries per 100 levels for levels 501-1600.
There is an average of 0.92 Legendaries per 100 levels for levels above 1600.

The last 130 levels have no Legendaries within them at all (included in the 1600+ numbers).

There is a LOT of Legendary gear for players below level 500. All the creatures are re-released into the realms or caves at some time or another. Just because an individual thinks the gear is of no use to them, does not mean that someone else might not have a use for it. If you're tired of the gear that is available at your level, level up and you'll gain access to additional item sets.

----------

HCS, despite the fact that I don't have a personal need for any of the creatures released this weekend, thank you for giving us another event to enjoy! :)

Exactly. HCS has not and does not ignore lower level players at all. 

And although I am like cyrus7 here, thank you HCS for this event! I am sure there are many players having loads of fun! 

#43 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 October 2014 - 20:47

The titan helm should have been a different item. A shield or something, because we already have a high level epic helm. 

#44 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 23:50

I would like to recommend  either a shield or boots. Also not to be picky, but can it get a  few  more enhancements

#45 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 October 2014 - 23:54

Yeah, should have been, imo, shield or boots.

And, if it had have been, there'd have been no need to further increment stats above the +5/+4 from "The Mask Of Terror" helm - a +4 shield or boots would have been just as well received, if not more so ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#46 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 23:59

Yeah, should have been, imo, shield or boots.

And, if it had have been, there'd have been no need to further increment stats above the +5/+4 from "The Mask Of Terror" helm - a +4 shield or boots would have been just as well received, if not more so ..

Not if it was +4 since it makes no sense to have a 1925 item have better gains than a 2200 item. +6 is par for the course since we have a precedent set already.

#47 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 October 2014 - 00:08

how about a part for a inventing item so players can customise it like the shield blanks

#48 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:48

Not if it was +4 since it makes no sense to have a 1925 item have better gains than a 2200 item. +6 is par for the course since we have a precedent set already.

I don't agree entirely - all the new item has to be is better than the lower level items in that slot, so a 2200 shield could be +4/+4 and still be awesome/desirable as it would be the best stam/XP gain titan dropped shield in the game. It would not have to be +6. But lets face it, we'd prefer +5/+5!! If every new titan drop at higher levels has to have the same or bigger bonuses than every other titan item that came before irrespective of its item slot we'd be at +15 in no time!! (Well,maybe not no time, but you know what I mean!)

Edited by Belaric, 04 October 2014 - 01:49.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#49 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:01

I think it would have - given that it would have been the best currently available - or are you suggesting that any new shields / rings should automatically jumped in at +6 ?

(I hadn't realised that the nutcracker was +4 so a new ring I'd have suggested at +5, not +4)

To me, it makes sense to "equalize" gains across the boards on epics rather than have one going higher and higher gains whilst leaving everything else in the dust behind it.

(as for precedent, I think the terror helm shouldn't have happened either, until others caught up in gains ... )

• Maj likes this

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#50 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:52

Went with a helm because there was a helm gap in the available sets in that area. Could have gone Gloves or Boots but Helms can look REALLY cool.

After checking out the latest images in the cachefly server, my heart sank after I found out that the new epic is another friggin' helm. I was expecting a 'REALLY cool' epic shield based on the titan's artwork.

As mentioned above, stam gain is the only stat that matters at the 500+ levels. These epics aren't used for hunting because there are other sets that work with set-related buffs and give better overall stats.

IMO there should be a more systematic approach in creating/designing new epics ('cool' factor is a nice touch, btw). I personally look at the highest stam gain on each particular slot that are the lowest among all slots (that'll be the +3 shield, boots, and armor). Another thing to consider is the rarity of the epic item in said slot. The +4 epic gloves is created using RP (costs 2 fangs, 2 tears, 2 skulls - who does GvG these days?) while the +4 epic ring comes from a seasonal titan.

You're not thinking like a player, Grim. The vast majority of epic use is for stam gain, so it doesn't matter what sets it complements.

When thinking of an item slot for a new high-level stam gain epic, I would suggest looking at the highest level stam gain item for each slot, and releasing a high-level item for the lowest of those numbers. Right now, the highest level stam gain epic for each slot is:

Gloves: Vine Tendril Gauntlets, lv 1200

Helm: Mask of Terror, lv 1600

Amulet: Choker of Time, lv 1925

Weapon: Krakaradon Tooth Harpoon, lv 1200

Armor: Dragon Draped Breastplate, lv 1101

Shield: Elemental Shields, lv 900

Ring: Nutcrackers Walnut Ring, lv 900

Boots: Dragon Draped Sabatons, lv 1101

Rune: Roach Rune of Epidemicus, lv  1200

Since the lowest number on that list is 900, the newest epics should take those slots. That would be either a shield or ring. Special mention to gloves because that's the only one of those that isn't a titan item. Aside: I would love to see high-level epics that aren't titan items, especially if they become the best available in their slot.

Amulet would have been the worst choice but helm was not far behind. Having the Mask of Terror be a helm was the worst slot to use for that one.

As for the artwork, it is a problem to illustrate a horrifying monster with a really wicked-looking ring or rune, I understand. Still, I don't believe it's a big enough issue to overcome everything else.

One fix would be to keep the current helm as is and introduce a recipe to transform it into a shield. The shield on that artwork looks pretty nice too. This would be similar to Dragonbane, where you put the item as an armor even though there was a glaring hole with boots (and we already had a +3 stam gain Ridged Legion Breastplate).

If you don't like the effect that has on the market, put a special flag on this new item that doesn't allow it to be saved with Inventor II, or instead of having a recipe for it, make a "swap shop" in the Cathedral of Ways where you can trade in one for the other.

IMO, the Nutcracker Ring's item level 900 is too low for a +4 stam gain epic. They should've given it a +3 stam gain at 900 OR set the item level to around 1200+ at +4 to keep it in line with other +4 stam gain epics in other slots. That would allow them to create a new +4 in the 1200's or a +3 in the 900's.

I'm sure no one would complain if the new epic were on the shield, boots or armor slots (I wouldn't mind either if it were gloves or ring, because epics in these slots are rare and expensive). So the introduction of another +6 stam gain epic helm when there are already +5, +4, +3, and a couple of +2's in the game wasn't very well thought out.

Making the new epic helm as a recipe ingredient is an opportunity to make use of those surplus Writhing Wards (for a new epic shield) and Gnarled Scarab Rings (for a new epic ring).

Edited by Maj, 06 October 2014 - 13:21.

#51 DemonGate

DemonGate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:31

As much as i appreciate the event, the drop rate is rediculously terrible!! what's the point of trying to scavenge gear if it costs way more than it is to buy it!

Edited by BigGrim, 06 October 2014 - 08:25.
Do not swear in the forums please.

#52 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 13:41

As much as i appreciate the event, the drop rate is rediculously terrible!! what's the point of trying to scavenge gear if it costs way more than it is to buy it!

totally agree..with the appearance rate in combo with the drop rate..scavenging is not a good idea anymore, i had to stop doing it...just buy off the ah..saves time and money..something needs to be done about appearance rate and drop rate..not much, but something..

#53 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 October 2014 - 13:45

Making the new epic helm as a recipe ingredient is an opportunity to make use of those surplus Writhing Wards (for a new epic shield) and Gnarled Scarab Rings (for a new epic ring).

that would be a nice touch and help sink a few of those, they have decayed terribly despite how great they still are if you are of that level range.

#54 jr1093

jr1093

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 October 2014 - 14:40

A new Titan stalks the Realms, bringing terror to all!

Kraganath the Destroyer (Titan)
3526d947f10d4a38e5cb40b23eacd7bb596c.jpg

i would have like to see them do something with the lefthand shield or righthand weapon  :P

#55 RobM

RobM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • South Africa

Posted 04 October 2014 - 15:09

Thanks cows for the events! Great fun!

JUST talking in terms of stamina gain from Epics, I don't see why Epics should only have such big +6 and +5 gains at higher levels only. If you think about it, having great stam gain on low and middle level epics too means more stamina which gets used for various aspects of the game, which has a knock on effect in terms of more players being able to access them, trade them and use them, in turn leading to more vigorous use of FSP's in the different game aspects, leading to more joy joy for players and perhaps more dot sales for the cows.

P.S. I think it was a mistake to increase the stam gain above 2 for any epics, and exacerbating it further by making the mid to higher level epics be the only ones you could get those gains from. All epics should be equal regarding stam gain, let it be fair for ALL levels in the game.

#56 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 15:31

Thanks cows for the events! Great fun!

JUST talking in terms of stamina gain from Epics, I don't see why Epics should only have such big +6 and +5 gains at higher levels only. If you think about it, having great stam gain on low and middle level epics too means more stamina which gets used for various aspects of the game, which has a knock on effect in terms of more players being able to access them, trade them and use them, in turn leading to more vigorous use of FSP's in the different game aspects, leading to more joy joy for players and perhaps more dot sales for the cows.

P.S. I think it was a mistake to increase the stam gain above 2 for any epics, and exacerbating it further by making the mid to higher level epics be the only ones you could get those gains from. All epics should be equal regarding stam gain, let it be fair for ALL levels in the game.

I can understand your point, but,  generally speaking, lower level players do not have the high max stamina of upper level players.  I don't care if lower level players have +8 stamina gain epics, it just seems more useful to those with higher max stamina.  And of course new titan is in 2200 level realm.  The only way to make stamina gain from epics available to all is to make epics free of levels where anyone can wear them. But know this... it would increase the cost of upper level epics and kill the older lower level epic's value.

Edited by justinian9, 04 October 2014 - 15:33.

#57 RobM

RobM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • South Africa

Posted 04 October 2014 - 17:26

I can understand your point, but,  generally speaking, lower level players do not have the high max stamina of upper level players.  I don't care if lower level players have +8 stamina gain epics, it just seems more useful to those with higher max stamina.  And of course new titan is in 2200 level realm.  The only way to make stamina gain from epics available to all is to make epics free of levels where anyone can wear them. But know this... it would increase the cost of upper level epics and kill the older lower level epic's value.

I agree they dont have that big max stam yet, but to me that is what would make epics' stam gain even more appealing because they would reach max stam faster and level or PVP for example, a lot more. and if they are playing a lot more then their progress is more, they are busier in the game and then more likely to use more dots (bought or traded) and increase the level of activity in the game, sort of like a domino effect.

I definitely don't agree on making epics free of levels, just keep them equally spread over the levels, BUT make the stam gain benefits from the level 2200 epic the same as from a level 50 or whatever epic. Then stam gain no longer becomes an issue, it becomes more about what those epics' stats can then be used for, be it PVP, levelling, Arena etc. In my opinion, what makes an epic EPIC should be the stats, NOT the stam gain!

#58 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 17:42

I agree they dont have that big max stam yet, but to me that is what would make epics' stam gain even more appealing because they would reach max stam faster and level or PVP for example, a lot more. and if they are playing a lot more then their progress is more, they are busier in the game and then more likely to use more dots (bought or traded) and increase the level of activity in the game, sort of like a domino effect.

I definitely don't agree on making epics free of levels, just keep them equally spread over the levels, BUT make the stam gain benefits from the level 2200 epic the same as from a level 50 or whatever epic. Then stam gain no longer becomes an issue, it becomes more about what those epics' stats can then be used for, be it PVP, levelling, Arena etc. In my opinion, what makes an epic EPIC should be the stats, NOT the stam gain!

I agree...stats should be more important to the game then they are, but the new buffs made epic use mute for all but a few levels. It's all about 2 piece sets

#59 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 19:58

The only reason I buy epics and keep upgrading is because of stam gain. That is what makes them epic IMO. If we make it the Same for all levels, it would not be worth the effort to kill the big titans (it takes a LOT of effort to kill the big titans. You need major 10+ fsp potions and lots of stam)

Perhaps another idea is to make stam gain fade the farther past the level of the epics item. Say you get krumpers. It gives you +4 at lvl 50-100, +3 100-150, +2 150-200, +1 200-eoc.

#60 pinkdude

pinkdude

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 20:08

Thanks for the event. The titan artwork looks AMAZING, by the way!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: