BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2012 - 14:48

odd you say that cause i am in a 8x8 and getting 2-5 kills per square

I know where you are. And it's a 10 by 10. It still counts the blocked rim.

what place do you have to be to get a chest?

Any Realm at level 25 + that's 10 by 10 or bigger.

#42 celendais

celendais

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 14:49

unless you mean treasure chests , which is not connected to global event and just happen randomly and seldomly : just kill mosquitos . buffs I would recommend : conserve, brewmaster and animal magnetism. Light foot if stam >2000ish. Use the global booster ( under loyalty potions) to get 4 kills per kill, just like the normal doubler.

#43 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 14:51

odd you say that cause i am in a 8x8 and getting 2-5 kills per square

I know where you are. And it's a 10 by 10. It still counts the blocked rim.

Any Realm at level 25 + that's 10 by 10 or bigger.

then cool cause only doing the 8x8 made it easy getting the kills

#44 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 14:56

I got a new sig from this event. Just have to share it :D

#45 Dijital

Dijital

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 15:02

What do you all think about the new potions?

Potions are not quite as epic as the previous event's, but I think better this way. I liked the way some of the more common hunting buffs were split out between two different potions, but I'd be interested in seeing the balance of choice once all done. Thinking the pots with AL will still get more love.

I will likely take one of each.. if the tier is unlocked of course. :)

#46 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2012 - 15:13

Woo! Think I'll stop now!

5th place. You guys'll have to come and catch up! :wink:

*Edit*

Hah! Now 7th.

#47 Lamium

Lamium

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 15:30

Here is a screenshot of BigGrim's kills at the time of his post:

Posted Image

And here is a screenshot of my kills now :mrgreen:

Posted Image

See Devs do play the game.

Also, Xakano just shouted across the office that she is 23rd :)

Come on guys hop to it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
~ Web Developer
Richard 'Lamium' Logan-Baker | Steam | Facebook

#48 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 15:32

make an one week announce before the event and you will see many players with lots of kills.

#49 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2012 - 15:36

make an one week announce before the event and you will see many players with lots of kills.

Give it a few hours and I'm sure there'll be a hell of a lot more kills.

#50 Doginal

Doginal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 15:41

nice potions but it makes the game be easy, my view!

I guess should have PvP event too, event bounty smasher, ladder smasher or smasher global, etc... with top 100 during event, that would be really cool :wink:,
have always same events "hunting event" can be boring in a few months!

Sorry but i think PvP events is a horrible idea. Force people to kill each other and destroy each other's xp. PvP is one of those things you either like it or you dont so trying to force people who don't like it to do it without any proper setups (to attack or defend) is to much.

However a different style event with instead of a lot of little monsters trying titan style monsters or a combination could be a lot of fun

#51 athdenald

athdenald

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 15:46

Maybe I'm just cynical but exactly how do you get 10,000 kills in 4 hours Lamium when you only have 790 max stamina? Also I notice your level doesn't match up with your max stam and playing time, are you blowing all your wages on the +25 stam upgrade every day :?:

Surely you wouldn't be trying to fool us lowly players would you? :?:

#52 fs_littledog9

fs_littledog9
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2012 - 15:51

I guess should have PvP event too, event bounty smasher, ladder smasher or smasher global, etc... with top 100 during event, that would be really cool :wink:,

Sorry but i think PvP events is a horrible idea. Force people to kill each other and destroy each other's xp. PvP is one of those things you either like it or you dont so trying to force people who don't like it to do it without any proper setups (to attack or defend) is to much.

However a different style event with instead of a lot of little monsters trying titan style monsters or a combination could be a lot of fun

just to play devil's advocate, it could be a fun crash course in pvp setups for players that to this point have only ever worn suicide setups. xp comes and goes, perhaps if there is too much of a fear from some players, the cows could enable a "opt out" just for the event. of course if you opt out, you get nothing XD

#53 Doginal

Doginal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 15:57

just to play devil's advocate, it could be a fun crash course in pvp setups for players that to this point have only ever worn suicide setups. xp comes and goes, perhaps if there is too much of a fear from some players, the cows could enable a "opt out" just for the event. of course if you opt out, you get nothing XD

If there is an opt out then i say go for it. But problem is you cant force a crash course because people would have to get gear for it. The moment they try to "force" (and i use that term very loosely) people to get gear other people will just sky rocket prices and everyone will complain about that. I really just dont see how PvP global events could work...not to mention the idea of the global event was to get everyone working together not against each other.

#54 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 04 September 2012 - 16:05

Off topic: Instead of 12.5 mil kills as per the norm for a global event, for a pvp event, have a # of xp sunk :P, example 125,000,000,000 xp sunk.(board, off the board, whatever lol ( ducks to avoid bein slapped by grim)

On topic: Good event, FREE pots, oh and *crosses fingers* for grim to make the next global critters drop some stuff/ invent, etc.

#55 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 04 September 2012 - 16:08

lol i havent even used up all my other chests yet... ill enjoy the sac 500 - my guild wont tho :P

can you fix ss2 for us again? caching failures

#56 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2012 - 16:19

can you fix ss2 for us again? caching failures

Sorting that now.

#57 fs_littledog9

fs_littledog9
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2012 - 16:20

If there is an opt out then i say go for it. But problem is you cant force a crash course because people would have to get gear for it. The moment they try to "force" (and i use that term very loosely) people to get gear other people will just sky rocket prices and everyone will complain about that. I really just dont see how PvP global events could work...not to mention the idea of the global event was to get everyone working together not against each other.

at least there would be some market in the AH.. last time i looked in there a tumbleweed hit me XD

and yeah, it doesn't fit the mold of a global event. call it a global bloodbath? doubt it'll ever happen, but pvp is one of the more fun aspects of the game. shame more players don't at least give it a shot.

#58 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 04 September 2012 - 16:31

Maybe we should keep the speculation about a global pvp event in this thread

#59 Vjnr

Vjnr

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • South Africa

Posted 04 September 2012 - 16:37

we can do it! - the Waterboy

Insert fancy FS sig box here when I can figure it out!

#60 Lamium

Lamium

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 16:38

Maybe I'm just cynical but exactly how do you get 10,000 kills in 4 hours Lamium when you only have 790 max stamina? Also I notice your level doesn't match up with your max stam and playing time, are you blowing all your wages on the +25 stam upgrade every day :?:

Surely you wouldn't be trying to fool us lowly players would you? :?:

Because I don't play the game much I have plenty of reserve stamina to use when it comes to event's like this.

This is the first global event I took part in because I wanted to show the players that the Dev's do hold an interest in playing the game and if I'm not mistaken, every other day there's a request for the dev's to play the game more.

As for the kills, I had loyalty tokens enough to buy a global doubler from the loyalty store which helped too.
~ Web Developer
Richard 'Lamium' Logan-Baker | Steam | Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: