Photo

MUGGER'S MEDAL POLL/PVP check Gold Stealing medal thread

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

Poll: Should there be Mugger's medal? (132 member(s) have cast votes)

Should there be Mugger's medal?

1. Voted Yes (89 votes [67.42%])

Percentage of vote: 67.42%

2. Voted No (43 votes [32.58%])

Percentage of vote: 32.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:36

Mummra: with ALL due respect, get over it (true response edited). You're nit-picking worse than a pair of grooming gorillas. This obsession with the criminal implications of the name of the medal verges on the bizarre.

I love this idea. The more medals to recognize all aspects of the game, the better.

Meh.

With all due respect, maybe you should actually read and comprehend what is being written. I am 100% in favor of medal like this being introduced.

HOWEVER, I feel that calling it a Mugger's Medal, even here in preliminary stages of a suggestion is irresponsible. There are far to many threads that have even a little to do with PvP, that devolve into an argument consisting of extremist views. There are many attempts to bring this game into the real world and call PvP a crime against it. This is NOT how I feel, but naming this medal after petty criminal activity is just shortsighted.

I'm astonished that this much is written over the nAme of this medal. You are being ignored by others posters for a very specific reason.

Any further posts proves our point. Hehe.
Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#42 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:39

Mummra: with ALL due respect, get over it (true response edited). You're nit-picking worse than a pair of grooming gorillas. This obsession with the criminal implications of the name of the medal verges on the bizarre.

I love this idea. The more medals to recognize all aspects of the game, the better.

Meh.

With all due respect, maybe you should actually read and comprehend what is being written. I am 100% in favor of medal like this being introduced.

HOWEVER, I feel that calling it a Mugger's Medal, even here in preliminary stages of a suggestion is irresponsible. There are far to many threads that have even a little to do with PvP, that devolve into an argument consisting of extremist views. There are many attempts to bring this game into the real world and call PvP a crime against it. This is NOT how I feel, but naming this medal after petty criminal activity is just shortsighted.

I'm astonished that this much is written over the nAme of this medal. You are being ignored by others posters for a very specific reason.

Any further posts proves our point. Hehe.

Game or not, if you want a medal that likens you to a petty criminal then that says plenty about your character.

#43 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:44

You see...point proven, hehe.

My last post. I have to get my beAuty sleep.

#44 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:45

mugging as a name may have a negative connotation toit, but this is just a game plenty of " illegal " things reward you. This doesn't affect your character :P can't wait for this medal as I am sure it will increase the funnest and largest gold sink in the game ;)
ezgif-com-gif-maker-20.png

#45 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:59

not to burst your bubble. (and again I would support a medal of this type) between your first thread and this one (6 pages) not a single comment from the Cows, I wouldn't count on this medal actually getting introduced

#46 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:11

not to burst your bubble. (and again I would support a medal of this type) between your first thread and this one (6 pages) not a single comment from the Cows, I wouldn't count on this medal actually getting introduced

A lack of Moo Support doesnt mean anything. they could be watching the thread develop, or ignoring it altogether, we wont know either way, unless they were to comment

#47 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:25

[

I don't see many other players complaining about the name of this suggested medal? It's a GAME, where gold hits are basically slapping someone for their shiny gold. Mugging medal sounds fine. Anyone who takes offense to that takes this game WAY too seriously. Oo

#48 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:26

A lack of Moo Support doesnt mean anything. they could be watching the thread develop, or ignoring it altogether, we wont know either way, unless they were to comment

Exactly, they like to sit back, read, see how things go, and step in ( sometimes) if they like something, or if people get all wacky and out of hand.

#49 mimdala

mimdala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:07

Fluffy Golden Rainbow Stealing(or Thieving) Medal. And the icon will be a carebear :twisted:

If this happened, I might seriously consider taking up pvp just for this LOL!

But Mugging medal does sound a bit harsh, maybe just Gold Thief medal?

mimdala_zps719aa5bc.png

#50 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:55

Here's a few possible names - Cutpurse, Robin Hood (steal from rich, etc), Robber Baron, Pickpocket.

Screenshot everything!

#51 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:19

Complainers are always going to complain because they believe they can play a game online with lots of other people, and be left alone to play their way and pick and chose which aspects of the game they want to participate in

If gold stealing is a valid part of Fallen Sword (which it always has been) it should not be overlooked by the medal system which acknowledges Levelling, Gold Hoarding, Questing, Titaning, Laddering, Bounty Hunting, Smashing, Arena'ing - just pretend it's a real word -, and Turning .. up (loyalty medals) ^_^

Thieving, Relic Capturing (and even defending) and GvG'ing are long overdue some shineys, for all those who care about such things :)

Don't forget medals for inventing and merchanting

Good call, some aspects of FS seem to have a medal for everything, so we need a medal for every aspect. At least for consistency

#52 Gunslinger

Gunslinger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Badge
  • Finland

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:35

I sent ticket to HCS about this poll, they thanked me for bringing this to their attention. So lets wait what happens.

#53 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:56

Don't forget medals for inventing and merchanting

Seriously? Your a broken record. :roll:

If there was a Medal for Inventing it would be gained in hours, just like the Smasher Medal, which was/is a bust of a medal. It would need to disregard potions to be somewhat worthy of being called a Medal.
And as for Merchanting, just explain how you could 'track' progress?

#54 GreatGazoo

GreatGazoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 14:48

yes please ... implement this ASAP!

#55 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2013 - 17:42

how about calling it the TICKLE AND TAKE medal :P now that dont sound so nasty

#56 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 17:48

how about calling it the TICKLE AND TAKE medal :P now that dont sound so nasty

all in favor?

AYE!!

#57 Removed22342

Removed22342

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 19:56

Even if people would try and set things up I'm for this since it would make gold move about.

#58 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 January 2013 - 20:30

Muggers medal is too harsh. I'm afraid it will remind of the time I was watching that old 80's flick Warriors... And in the opening scenes a gang mugs someone and it was scary... I digress...anyways, one summer....at band camp......

Meh.

#59 Gunslinger

Gunslinger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Badge
  • Finland

Posted 11 January 2013 - 21:35

We have master thief enhancement allready, why not call it MASTER THIEF Medal.

#60 fs_evilix

fs_evilix
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2013 - 22:12

Here's a few possible names - Cutpurse, Robin Hood (steal from rich, etc), Robber Baron, Pickpocket.

I have no problem with "Mugger" being use as the name.It's a *game* after all,but that Cutpurse sounds cool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: