Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 June 2014 - 19:02

My view of the Arena updates:

Glad the upper levels are finally able to get decent brawling in.

Glad the randomization has taken effect, or so I'm told.

Glad that the Novice arena didn't get touched, at least visably.

Having said what I'm glad about, I will now moan and groan.

Not at all comprehending why it's necessary to give out second and third prizes.  To me, if you lose, that's it.  Sorry but that's how it works.  This isn't kindergarten where everyone HAS to have a prize of some sort. It also makes the tokens, and the "stuff" you can buy with them that much less valuable.

Expressing disbelief that all the Main Arenas are now token wins only.  Forgetting for a moment the value of the prize, winning a specific item was part of the enjoyment of the arena.  Reducing all the prizes to tokens was not necessary, although the token idea would have been good as an inclusion.

Wondering why the gold amount to join the Main Arenas  is all  10,000 and over.  I think I'm middle class by game standards, with a bit in the bank.  However the prices now will keep me out.  In addition to this, it will also keep out lower level players to whom 10,000 gold is beyond reach with minimum stamina.

I see that Zorg has basically said that this is still a work in progress, and I've tried, from my point of view at least, to offer constructive criticism.  From a purely emotional viewpoint, I want the old arena back.

#42 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 19:05

Almost Makes me sick to think I have wasted 140 fsp ff gear yesterday for Arenas that seem to no longer exist,but it sure is good to see 30 low level arenas every 15 mins NOT.

#43 Gorrent

Gorrent

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 19:06

POINT NUMBER ONE :

takes forever to get loyalty token, but within 1hr you can get so much arena token.

Light Foot lvl 1200 cost 1200 loyalty token.. :P

Light Foot lvl 600 cost 40 arena token.. :D

Doubler lvl 1200 cost  150 loyalty token..

Doubler lvl 1000 cost 40 arena token..

POINT NUMBER TWO :

Max Equip level is just randomly key in numbers.

9,11,12,16,18,20..... :D why not just key in number from 1 to 2200? :P

Edited by Gorrent, 26 June 2014 - 19:13.

#44 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 19:11

suggestion for how to deal with store prices- this might work,  everytime someone buy a prize from the token store...price goes up for that prize (maybe even just 1 token at a time), everyday, repeat everyday that a prize does not get bought, price for that prize goes down (maybe again only 1 token at a time)..soon the price for prizes will work itself out..to show what should be higher and what should be lower..

Edited by yodamus, 26 June 2014 - 19:12.

#45 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 19:22

suggestion for how to deal with store prices- this might work,  everytime someone buy a prize from the token store...price goes up for that prize (maybe even just 1 token at a time), everyday, repeat everyday that a prize does not get bought, price for that prize goes down (maybe again only 1 token at a time)..soon the price for prizes will work itself out..to show what should be higher and what should be lower..

I mentioned something like this earlier.  But I totally agree.  The prices NEED to be dynamic, or the cows are writing themselves a huge maintenance headache.

#46 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 19:26

I don't mean to be negative, but.... now we get to sit around for hours waiting for an arena that is in our lvl range that we own gear?  What fun is that and who wants to have to buy all the sets that you would need to keep joining arena to have fun.

I was playing the arena the last few days, did not win one arena, but I had a lot of fun... heck we are right back to one heck of a slow arena game.

Edited by justinian9, 26 June 2014 - 19:27.

#47 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 19:29

I find it staggering that yesterday we pulled the plug on the arena shop because the prices were set ridiculously too low - and that they were going to be assessed and repriced accordingly.

What do we get ?

Every item is 20 tokens and every potion is 40 tokens.

That's NOT reassessing them - that's just "let's increase the prices and hope it fixes it"

Each ITEM / POTION should have been reassessed on it's own game value / use. Helmars is worth nothing when compared to Volkers, but they're both 20 tokens to purchase. FI1K is worthless when compared to LIB300 or BM300, but they're both 40 tokens.

Sorry, from my perspective, this update is still a fubar and the shop should still be closed whilst a REALISTIC and PROPER pricing structure is sorted out.

Sorry, I know I've repeated the point, but I think it needs repeating ...

Edited by Pardoux, 26 June 2014 - 19:30.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#48 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 19:35

Hmmm

1.Token prizes should be lower to reduce any market flow of items

2. Increase Token/gold rate 4k seems very low.. some players used to do arena for gold rewards i think 10k could be reasonable

3.Make it spawn like 10 tourneys every range of these levels 10-300 , 301-700 , 701-1200 , 1201-2000

4. Give us more combat sets Upgrade :P

Edited by shindrak, 26 June 2014 - 19:38.

#49 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 19:50

Why worry about this now?  Tokens prizes should not be lowered... the whole of FS should have the same opportunity to have thousands of tokens as the players that played the last day or so.   How many do you have from the last day or so?  Why shouldn't others have that same shot? Just my 2 cents.

3.Make it spawn like 10 tourneys every range of these levels 10-300 , 301-700 , 701-1200 , 1201-2000

I like this idea as it will allow us, normally, non-arena players some fun also.  And will give Shindrak (who whipped my tail in the arenas :-) ) a chance to whip me again!  LOL

Edited by justinian9, 26 June 2014 - 19:53.

#50 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 19:53

Why worry about this now?  Tokens prizes should not be lowered... the whole of FS should have the same opportunity to have thousands of tokens as the players that played the last day or so.   How many do you have from the last day or so?  Why shouldn't others have that same shot? Just my 2 cents.

Ok keep it as it lol you can't make profits soon when everything gets around 1fsp in AH

#51 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 19:58

Shindrak:  The time to worry about inflating the token market was yesterday when players begged the Cows to turn the arena off to keep this  from happening.  Now that some have thousands upon thousands of tokens is a day late and a dollar short.

#52 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 June 2014 - 20:05

Folks are pouncing on any arena above 500 instantly .. while the lower level ones sit ... please balance this

• j3k likes this

#53 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 20:09

Shindrak:  The time to worry about inflating the token market was yesterday when players begged the Cows to turn the arena off to keep this  from happening.  Now that some have thousands upon thousands of tokens is a day late and a dollar short.

I know it wasn't any player fault ... I asked to bring back old arena right when they did the change because i knew that will happen ...

My point what would the players with afew thousands token do when all items worth 1 fsp in AH?

Mistakes always happen So let's pass the past and work for better future :)

#54 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 20:13

• Runners up will now receive tokens. Second place will receive 50% and joint third place will receive 25% of the reward

3rd place doesn't seem to be paying out. Or do I have to go somewhere to collect my reward?

#55 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2014 - 20:15

Thanks to everyone who's given feedback on this so far. We'll most likely review the level ranges tomorrow as it does look to be spawning too many low level arenas at the moment (remember you can join these regardless of your AL or VL however - it just determines the max level of equipment that is taken into account.

Also I quite like the idea of the arena token prices being dynamic - we'll give that some thought :)

#56 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 20:22

Shindrak:  But what does that fix?  The only way to fix is to remove every ones tokens and start over.  Or issue a new token moving forward and devalue the ones earned to 1/60 the value of the new ones. Maybe even 1/100 judging by he amount some have accumulated

Edited by justinian9, 26 June 2014 - 20:26.

#57 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 20:23

Thanks to everyone who's given feedback on this so far. We'll most likely review the level ranges tomorrow as it does look to be spawning too many low level arenas at the moment (remember you can join these regardless of your AL or VL however - it just determines the max level of equipment that is taken into account.

Also I quite like the idea of the arena token prices being dynamic - we'll give that some thought :)

as i said before...prize gets bought, immediatly price goes up 1 token..prize does not get bought in 24 hours..price goes down 1 token..soon the arena community will sort the value of a prize out by themselves...no hard work coding for the cows..and this eventaually will stop the flooding of the market..even tho it may be too late since you left the store open yesterday for many hours, when it should have never been opened to start with....and already many pots have been bought...

#58 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 20:40

About dynamic item prices:

People who sit with thousands of arena tokens can easily manipulate the AH prices of valuable arena pots by buying said items in bulk (and in effect increasing their token price), then hoarding and vending them at very high prices in the AH.

I support the idea of devaluing the current tokens by introducing a new token that can be purchased with several old tokens (x100). This should be implemented without any announcement to prevent mass dumping of the old tokens on arena items prior to the update.

You guys better think this through.

Edited by Maj, 26 June 2014 - 20:41.

#59 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 26 June 2014 - 20:46

If you make it dynamic - please do so in a way where it's not going to matter what timezone you are in - there should be no reason why 3AM EST in the United States stuff is cheaper than 6PM EST in the United States - it should be set at a specific price for a given period of time - such as 24 hours, and then lowered/raised from there. Otherwise, a select few players, who time correctly (just like the marketplace) - can essentially capture the market with token wins. Sure, it might mess up the whole supply/demand principles in some ways, but if you're looking into a dynamic viewpoint, please consider this point.

#60 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 20:46

I support the idea of dynamic token prices of items :) seems good idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana