• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 18:33

NP>>>not like i don`t have the stam i guess...thanks for the event.

#42 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 18:38

Shield Wall 500? Are you still drunk from xmas? Be honest. tongue.png

Would be my luck to have no space. Really irritating to miss out.

#43 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 19:04

Like Super pots, cranking up skill levels in Dragon eggs is easy and cheap development.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#44 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 January 2017 - 22:01

The new egg is extremely overpowered, and especially for defending on the ladder/bounty board and I will breakdown why. You have to factor in buffs like Dispel Curse in tandem with Flinch 460 and Fumble plus the staple defense boosting buffs. The level of Shield Wall on this potion takes certain defense setups to a defense value that cant be cracked if Dispel Curse activates (on the defender), and considering you can easily get a very good chance on that (57.6% chance) then the defender gets an automatic win over 50% of the time, good odds for doing absolutely nothing if you ask me... Even if they had 1 Armour and 1 Hp (which they wont because of the HUGE Fortitude Hp bonus they get) you cant beat them. So if Im on the ladder in a defense set I just need to keep this potion running and hit early on and I can guarantee a way to keep my rating secure without having to hit again till reset. Just to add insult to injury this potion has Shame on it aswell so the attacker already taking that 57.6% gamble theyll lose has even more to be hesitant about.

In the last couple of years Defense sets have been getting a huge edge via buffs, which is why I use them over Armour. But this Potion makes it a no contest, I dont see any reason why someone would use an Armour Set over a Defense set. And tbh I rarely see people in Armour sets anymore since its much easier to use a composing Entrench with a hunting set with a huge SH, than to get armour from a pure Armour set. So really this potion is the nail in the coffin for armour / pure armour sets. You cant just take an already powerful buff and nearly double it (294 to 575) and expect the small balance that was left in the game to remain, its game breaking! I full heartily believe that if the developers who decide the levels of these potions spent more time play testing their own game, and got into some heavy PvP then they would have a much better understanding of how buff levels can drastically change the game.. 

I can see that the logic they used here is to mirror the levels with the Armour to Defense potions in attempt to keep it balanced but the major difference is that Damage is alot easier to get traditionally than attack due to the need while hunting which is why Armour sets can still not get out of hand with huge buffs while Defense sets can. Hp can be taken down in multiple hits (plus Wither, Poison, Ignite, Bloodthirst can break it down efficiently) but Defense doesnt.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#45 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:39

Thought the same thing. But at this point that's just the direction the games taking. Whether it's good or bad doesn't matter apparently.

#46 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 19:17

Sweet Event Cows!! I bet after all these nice eggs everyone bpack/Auction slot/Ally bpack is full.

#47 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 January 2017 - 19:36

Sweet Event Cows!! I bet after all these nice eggs everyone bpack/Auction slot/Ally bpack is full.

That was a subtle hint for a flash BP sale ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#48 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2017 - 20:35

Uber pots to the rescue!!

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#49 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 22:54

That was a subtle hint for a flash BP sale ;)

Just wish they would take the limit off ...i could do with some space and they would def use up alot of fsp

#50 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 23:02

I liked hades' #49 post for a removal of the limit. Didn't think about it too much though (consequences on pack mules resurfacing, blah, blah). 

I simply liked it as a reminder to all those people anxious for bp spots that they can pay the regular price via upgrades (intentionally ignoring the fact that you have 5 gold upgrades for "cheaper"). 

See zero need for discount when demand is high. 

On the plus side, now peeps might have more incentive to think ahead and plan for the future when the flash sale comes up. ,oP

#51 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 23:15

I liked hades' #49 post for a removal of the limit. Didn't think about it too much though (consequences on pack mules resurfacing, blah, blah). 

I simply liked it as a reminder to all those people anxious for bp spots that they can pay the regular price via upgrades (intentionally ignoring the fact that you have 5 gold upgrades for "cheaper"). 

See zero need for discount when demand is high. 

On the plus side, now peeps might have more incentive to think ahead and plan for the future when the flash sale comes up. ,oP

I am thinking ahead that i need more room was maxed the day they upped it lol and still struggle i like using all my own gear for everything plus i started a new hobby having ever set in the game so i need the space

#52 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 15:20

I don't care what your BP is... your always at like 99% capacity lol.

#53 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 January 2017 - 16:00

Guys, can we stay on topic please. Dragons. Not backpacks.

~ Grim

#54 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 January 2017 - 18:04

Hi there everyone!

With the third and final wave of Legendary Dragons defeated, they have all gone dormant for another year. 

We hope everyone enjoyed the Flight of Dragons Event! :)

Additionally, remember that the Forest of Yule and all the Christmas Seasonal Titans shall disappear tomorrow, 6th of January at 16:00 hours.

~ Grim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: