• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 PrinceKash

PrinceKash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 00:02

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the proposed levels for the new buffs...

+1

This is exactly correct... They are spaced out enough...

#42 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:39

If you want to nit pick at the level distributions it would make the most sense for the next spacing to be 400.

buffs went up from every 25, 50, 100, then 200.

So 2000,2400, and 2800 would be the logical progression if the pattern is followed.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the proposed levels for the new buffs...

The admins never said that the spacing of the spacing of the buffs would be uniform.

#43 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 14:21

According to Moj, 9 new buffs are being added to the game (1 of each type of tree at 3 of each of the levels mentioned). That's pretty hefty in my opinion. 

Moj didn't say that they are adding "1" skill at the said lvls to each tree. But if they do here's whats gonna happen:

After every 500 lvls(this gap will increase in the next new skills update after a long time) players would get 2500 skill points of which they would use only 450. As time passes and they level up, they'll be able to get each and every skill present in the game, which in itself shouldn't be allowed i think.Even if it is allowed , what to do with the supplementary points they would keep getting as they level??!!

#44 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2015 - 14:26

Make it 2000 for all i care individually, i'm just trying to look at the bigger picture... it's pretty much more cost effective to just buy your own buffs than buff yourself anyways. Your totally missing my point or choosing too miss it :huh: .

That is not a "Focus" of the game...That is merely a special event that is released when the cows see fit or debatebly the players. If the cows wanted to they could never release one again and other than making leveling easier it would not impact the game physically...Overall game morale? probably... Also yes i do believe the game is still alive because i'm still playing it i would not play a dead game. If theres still a shread of hope left for a game i wouldn't consider it "Dead". The idea of FS being "Dead" or "Alive" as it currently stands is merely a matter of opinon though. Why it's less popular now a days is debatable there is no one reason. Also too many games to manage is not an excuse. Finally back to my main point which has been severely picked apart, what we need to see consistancy and integrity otherwise all hope will be lost. Again i'd like to see lower standards with integrity than higher standards with absolutely no integrity at all and i know i'm not the only one... As it stands right now any expected release date i cannot take seriously and ultimately have nothing to look forward too. With nothing to look forward too my interest will eventually deteoriate until i simply do not login. I know i'm not the only one.

Regards,

EP

awesome post, despite my quoting half deconstructing its appearance/original flow *agrees with EP on both points*

#45 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2015 - 14:28

Moj didn't say that they are adding "1" skill at the said lvls to each tree. But if they do here's whats gonna happen:

After every 500 lvls(this gap will increase in the next new skills update after a long time) players would get 2500 skill points of which they would use only 450. As time passes and they level up, they'll be able to get each and every skill present in the game, which in itself shouldn't be allowed i think.Even if it is allowed , what to do with the supplementary points they would keep getting as they level??!!

i said this long ago, disaster waiting to happen and maybe why they are spacing them so far apart to cover this fact, maybe just not enough of the ideas thread of prob 1000 ideas to get enough good ones maybe :)

#46 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 15:27

That is not a "Focus" of the game...That is merely a special event that is released when the cows see fit or debatebly the players. If the cows wanted to they could never release one again and other than making leveling easier it would not impact the game physically..

awesome post, despite my quoting half deconstructing its appearance/original flow *agrees with EP on both points*

Tell me you would be able to do all those big hunts you boast(by "you" i don't mean you particularly) of without all those epic pots earned in these kind of events.

#47 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2015 - 15:46

Tell me you would be able to do all those big hunts you boast(by "you" i don't mean you particularly) of without all those epic pots earned in these kind of events.

serious? u underestimate how much some donate to the game, i was eoc before globals arrived AND i was even a late starter :)

edit: some of us even waste em on titan hunting and frag farming :)

Edited by Undjuvion, 03 April 2015 - 15:47.

#48 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 16:02

I couldn't imagine leveling without global potions anymore.. 3k+ stamina per level, pfft I'll stop leveling the very little that I do, not to mention other aspect of the game that I use those potions for..

#49 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2015 - 16:17

I couldn't imagine leveling without global potions anymore.. 3k+ stamina per level, pfft I'll stop leveling the very little that I do, not to mention other aspect of the game that I use those potions for..

yeah they are good, fun and give strength to many that could honestly use a boost, wasnt debating that part if i missed a line in what i quoted of EP, good stuff ;D

edit: i see it, think what EP was more getting at is that content = survival ;)

Edited by Undjuvion, 03 April 2015 - 16:19.

#50 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 April 2015 - 17:29

More content just means more gap between levels amongs players. Low players will start quitting because they can't reach EOC easier or without paying for those high epic pots. High players will start quitting because they have no content and nothing to do. Double edge sword?

More content just means more gap between levels amongs players. Low players will start quitting because they can't reach EOC easier or without paying for those high epic pots. High players will start quitting because they have no content and nothing to do. Double edge sword?

"The way I see it....well....it's all kind of blurry.."

In my view point, the EOC isn't so much a goal, as a horizon.  For myself, and a lot of others I know, we are not in the game for the trip to EOC.  It's like a cruise ship, you start and finish in the same port, but you don't necessarily look forward to getting back there.

There will ALWAYS be gaps between players  When I started out I think EOC was 1500 or so.  I don't think that actively discouraged me.

I think the need/use of Epic pots is a bit overstated too.  I have a backpack with a dozen or more epics in it.  The last time I used one was to level away from someone who was pvp'ing me.  I just don't see the need to use them.  To me they're a nice little insurance policy.  I do dust them from time to time...

I do agree with players facing EOC, at this point in their FS careers they're just marking time, waiting for the next update.  They've earned the right to those new buffs, The good part is that they've got plenty of points to put into them :D

Also, it will be interesting to see these new buffs in action, when they're cast on lower level players.(if they can be) I doubt it will make much of a game change, but it will still be interesting.

Edited by Tastria, 03 April 2015 - 17:31.

#51 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 April 2015 - 23:34

To begin with, I have a couple of questions. One, will the patch allow me to again move on the map on my phone, or do I need to continue the slow and painful process of moving around old school, which is like my dialup days, only tiny.

Two, will the new PvP ladder/tournaments be part of things. I've been waiting patiently for some time.

Also, I think the buff distribution makes sense. I do believe there should be a few more buffs, though.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#52 ClerBear

ClerBear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 00:40

I have some epic chests in my bp. I dust them off now and then, like another play does, but I don't use them all that often unless I have a real need.  They are my insurance, or exit stage left, if you wish.   I finally broke the level 600 barrier this week. lol  For the most part I buy my buffs from the market, and use regular potions and my own composed potion.

I am curious about the new buffs but then I'm curious about all the buff I don't have or have not used yet.  *shrugs*  I go through the ah looking at potions and though my buff tree looking at what's coming.

Spacing is not real relevant to me yet, maybe will never be relevant or important. I'll get there when I get there.

#53 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 April 2015 - 14:18

i said this long ago, disaster waiting to happen and maybe why they are spacing them so far apart to cover this fact, maybe just not enough of the ideas thread of prob 1000 ideas to get enough good ones maybe :)

I agree with Undjuvion that eventually EOC players are going to have nearly every useful buff maxed out and start to build large surpluses of unused skill points. Perhaps this is already happening ... depending on your play style. 

As for the update suggestion of 2000, 2500, and 3000. The game is currently already at the level 2000 milestone and will be at the 2500 milestone after the next content release. So the game as a whole will have access to 2 out of the 3 buff tiers right away upon release. 

I suspect the new tree release would / should be coordinated with the a large 50 or 100 level content release to celebrate such an occurrence in the game.

NOTE: If your going to have a ton of off topic posts, do it somewhere else guys. You are just making it harder on the cows to get the community census when you clutter it up. Let's keep it on topic and constructive .. aka why do you feel that the update was good or bad and your suggestions on improvmements, etc.

Edited by Windbattle, 04 April 2015 - 14:20.

#54 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 19:06

Aiming for some constructive feedback here. New skill trees are great. But (and it is a big butt) keep adding new content will drive new players away as somebody else mentioned. The gap won't be closed and only grow.

Seriously a decision has to be made and communicated with the community what to do with EOC.

As mentioned before in another thread I'd favor a construction where a player more or less starts over with benefits and acknowledgement of his achievement. This will have many benefits in the game as you will get experienced players in the lower levels again. That helps new players. Also PvP may become interesting again. But I do not want to go to far off topic.

As said new skill trees are great, but have a good discussion wether you want this game to keep expanding in levels, because that may eventually be the best route to keep this game interesting for ALL players.

Like I said, this post is meant to be constructive, and hope it will be interpreted that way.

#55 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 21:38

Aiming for some constructive feedback here. New skill trees are great. But (and it is a big butt) keep adding new content will drive new players away as somebody else mentioned. The gap won't be closed and only grow.

Seriously a decision has to be made and communicated with the community what to do with EOC.

As mentioned before in another thread I'd favor a construction where a player more or less starts over with benefits and acknowledgement of his achievement. This will have many benefits in the game as you will get experienced players in the lower levels again. That helps new players. Also PvP may become interesting again. But I do not want to go to far off topic.

As said new skill trees are great, but have a good discussion wether you want this game to keep expanding in levels, because that may eventually be the best route to keep this game interesting for ALL players.

Like I said, this post is meant to be constructive, and hope it will be interpreted that way.

ok one question what would players do with their stam gain gear hunting gear pvp gear that they have levelled to use in essence making eoc players do content over again would result in extreme price hikes on gear for new players.

#56 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 22:14

ok one question what would players do with their stam gain gear hunting gear pvp gear that they have levelled to use in essence making eoc players do content over again would result in extreme price hikes on gear for new players.

What they do with their gear? Just what they do now. As you level up most will also upgrade their stam gain gear, hunting and pvp gear. Sell it and buy new. Once hitting the "start over point", you could give players the option to start over or to wait. There may also be players who want to hang around at EOC for some time. 

Personally I do not see a problem there. Make it rewarding to start over, give it a medal. Should not be very hard to make it interesting.

As for the gear for new players, you could choose to do a few more LE events for the lower levels, but really you can easily level up towards level 50 without LE gear. I doubt that will be a problem. And the players that start over either race through those first levels again, or hang around to do some PvP.

But I bet a good portion would want to race through all the content again, to be the first one that can show they did it twice.

Personally I think this is a lot better than letting the gap grow.

#57 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 00:22

Are we destined to level into infinity? Is that the way the game should progress or is that the "easy" option? Players have made comment on how to address this continued levelling, in this thread, I think, and in others. Unfortunately their ideas seem to fall on deaf ears. Personally, I can't see how constant levelling and additional content to allow it is good for the game. There has to be a pinnacle, enlightenment, final goal.

The basic reason, as mentioned, why this constant progression in levels is bad is new player entering FS and seeing levels already gained. Who'd blame them for saying "Stuff without swearing"?

Cap what level you can achieve HCS, please. What level you decide to do so is up to you but just do it. You could have some fancy dan Epic quest arc for those that reach that level, one that gives super duper things but ultimately resets the character. HCS, just think about it, work out the pro and cons, look at ideas with regard to it that have already been provided by the community and embrace and develop it. If you do, for me anyway, I think it could really reinvigorate your game.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by BigGrim, 07 April 2015 - 09:55.
No swearing please.

#58 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:39

I think aspiration to higher levels is a good.

After all - there are so many things to do besides get to EOC. Why should anyone worry about EOC?

People can just play any game they like. 

EOC chasing is one choice among many.

That choice (of doing anything but chase EOC) exists now.

Any player can choose, right now, to ignore EOC and play their game. Many do.

Why take away chasing the max?

Make a quest to finish the game would be great  - I have promoted that idea elsewhere - shards of the Fallen Sword and all. (With credit to RJEM)

But a random cap and replay the game? 

I'd rather level into infinity.

Edited by Belaric, 05 April 2015 - 06:07.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#59 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:14

What they do with their gear? Just what they do now. As you level up most will also upgrade their stam gain gear, hunting and pvp gear. Sell it and buy new. Once hitting the "start over point", you could give players the option to start over or to wait. There may also be players who want to hang around at EOC for some time. 

Personally I do not see a problem there. Make it rewarding to start over, give it a medal. Should not be very hard to make it interesting.

As for the gear for new players, you could choose to do a few more LE events for the lower levels, but really you can easily level up towards level 50 without LE gear. I doubt that will be a problem. And the players that start over either race through those first levels again, or hang around to do some PvP.

But I bet a good portion would want to race through all the content again, to be the first one that can show they did it twice.

Personally I think this is a lot better than letting the gap grow.

There is one problem with that we have already done that and have the best available or close to it, your option for eoc to reset and restart the game from 0 would cost more than any medal in their current form will give. Added that now it is easier than ever to cover the first 100 levels would render that quite silly combined with high level composers and their pots.. there is no challenge at all.

#60 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 20:39

There is one problem with that we have already done that and have the best available or close to it, your option for eoc to reset and restart the game from 0 would cost more than any medal in their current form will give. Added that now it is easier than ever to cover the first 100 levels would render that quite silly combined with high level composers and their pots.. there is no challenge at all.

I do not see what the potential costs of replaying the game have to do with it. One will want to spent $$$ on it, others not. Not much different that any other aspect in this game.

Yes it is easier, and that may be an issue, but I am sure we can come up with something to keep it a challenge. But to be honest, is this game right now a real challenge if you are in a good guild with LE/FF gear, loads of powerefull buffs and empowered relics?

Perhaps it is an idea to restart with somesort of a penalty then if we want the challenge back. But if the challenge does come back, you will have players complain again that it is to difficult...

My point is, if we let the game levels continue to go up, you loose competitive players once they realize it will actually take them years to get there, if ever already. Keep in mind that competitive players are often the ones willing to pay for a game the most!

A restart of the game would keep everybody in the same ranges and in reach of eachother, and that will make it a far more interesting and active game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: