#41 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 September 2012 - 14:15

What I dislike about random pvp is the fact you really don't get much of a chance to defend yourself. If you are pvp'ed and they lose maybe they should lose their tokens.

I thought the first bit I wrote was on topic.

Considering the title of the thread: "An idea to change the BB" no random pvp is not what this thread is about. I apologize if I'm being rude but I have seen to many threads devolve into PvP v. Leveling and am trying to avoid that here

Random pvp tends to be why they are on the BB and as you asked how they should be punished. I suggested if they hit someone and lose they will be punished by losing their tokens as well as gold and exp. Plus if that aint enough for you you could then place them on the BB.

I'm not here to argue I would just like THIS thread to stay on the particular topic I brought up. Support, questions (on topic), clarification and criticism are welcome. Wholly seperate ideas belong in their own thread please respect that

#42 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 September 2012 - 14:51

Your suggestion is to remove xp loss from the bounty board( replacing it with something else)

with that being said:

Would normal off the board pvp hits still entail xp loss? Or is the idea to remove xp loss entirely from pvp.( normal off the board pvp is most often the reason for bounties )

Players would not be able to be deleveled out of gear then, correct? They simply lose any boost to the normal pvp range they have attained? I don't see that as a deterrant.

Example: Someone pvp's alot, they now have a +/- 20 level pvp target range...

1:If bountied,how much of a pvp range would they lose, or better yet,what exactly would they stand to lose?( since they cannot lose normal xp)

2: What about 10 or 100 stam bounty hits , how would they work?

3: How would counter bounties work?

Imo, If players want more bite on the board ( even tho I feel it works perfectly fine as it is with the 5 levels per hit risk)

Remove the level loss limit. ( gonna get flamed or the evil eye for this) but yes, remove the 5 level loss limit.

#43 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 September 2012 - 15:05

Your suggestion is to remove xp loss from the bounty board( replacing it with something else)

with that being said:

Would normal off the board pvp hits still entail xp loss? Or is the idea to remove xp loss entirely from pvp.( normal off the board pvp is most often the reason for bounties )

Players would not be able to be deleveled out of gear then, correct? They simply lose any boost to the normal pvp range they have attained? I don't see that as a deterrant.

Example: Someone pvp's alot, they now have a +/- 20 level pvp target range...

1:If bountied,how much of a pvp range would they lose, or better yet,what exactly would they stand to lose?( since they cannot lose normal xp)

2: What about 10 or 100 stam bounty hits , how would they work?

3: How would counter bounties work?

Imo, If players want more bite on the board ( even tho I feel it works perfectly fine as it is with the 5 levels per hit risk)

Remove the level loss limit. ( gonna get flamed or the evil eye for this) but yes, remove the 5 level loss limit.

I freely admit when it comes to my idea there would still be a lot of work on details before implanting it if that were to come to pass.

As to a clarification question you had, yes all of the board hits would remain the same. The only change changes to off the board hits would be (1) some quantifiable PvP level earned (my thought was based of successful hits, that number is increased incrementally with greater stamina hits ). (2) during monthly special events temporary bonuses are given to those above certain pvp levels to reward them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: