excellent job! just what ive been waiting for :D

#42 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:20

I am using iphone5 and after logging in to mobile version it stated not currently available and switched me to normal version - to be honest I find using a web browser on my phone perfectly acceptable, but for hunting/moving its slow.

I can't find a way to switch back to mobile version now to test again, there are no links on the normal site.

#43 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 19 January 2013 - 17:13

Now I switched to the full website to collect items from my mailbox, but now, the login page is not the mobile version anymore and I cannot take it back to the mobile one.

i use Chrome on iOS6.0

#44 arichey22

arichey22

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 January 2013 - 17:41

Interesting. Couldn't get pass the first page but placed some info in safari in quotes and this site popped up. So now I will see where I can go from here. Didn't even give me the option of full website or beta version. Tooke straight to beta.

#45 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 17:46

I am using iphone5 and after logging in to mobile version it stated not currently available and switched me to normal version - to be honest I find using a web browser on my phone perfectly acceptable, but for hunting/moving its slow.

I can't find a way to switch back to mobile version now to test again, there are no links on the normal site.

OH GOD WHY. throw it out the window and get an android phone :P.

Also, I'm getting the same error as everyone else, about how I can't access certain pages on the mobile version. I have a GS3 running jellybean.

#46 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 18:02

When creating the buff side to this Hoof look at possibly allowing is to make 'packs' much like the FSHelper allows us to.
Being on a phone having to individually click each tick box, for some it could be all of them if someone is to hunt for example, and you need to click 'em slow to prevent the phone thinking your trying to zoom out. Which is very annoying.

Add the function then add upgrades for extra pack slots :twisted:

#47 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 21:53

When creating the buff side to this Hoof look at possibly allowing is to make 'packs' much like the FSHelper allows us to.
Being on a phone having to individually click each tick box, for some it could be all of them if someone is to hunt for example, and you need to click 'em slow to prevent the phone thinking your trying to zoom out. Which is very annoying.

Add the function then add upgrades for extra pack slots :twisted:

hopefully they add this function when introducing the new buffs..

i don't like using add-ons or scripts for my games anymore so the pain of each click is an everyday deal. i buff for free so whenever i log on i'm buffing someone...the log system is in desperate need of a overhaul as well. organization is key!

#48 wallywmbat

wallywmbat

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 15:36

i went and tried to load it on my mobile and it said not available... maybe its not compatible for an iPhone.... is this correct?

#49 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 16:32

i went and tried to load it on my mobile and it said not available... maybe its not compatible for an iPhone.... is this correct?

Did you click on the # and go to one of the able working pages on the Beta? It does automatically say its unavailable when going for full site to the Beta.

#50 wallywmbat

wallywmbat

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:32

Did you click on the # and go to one of the able working pages on the Beta? It does automatically say its unavailable when going for full site to the Beta.

I will try and see again, i can already go and get on through safari on iphone but was wanting to try the mobile version of it, is it the same?

#51 davidutz

davidutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge
  • Romania

Posted 22 January 2013 - 16:18

i can see a new mouse over view ?

#52 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 18:14

Can we get an Fallen Sword App?

#53 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 21:52

any behind the scenes progress on a mobile version?

#54 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 17:50

Ehh? ;) i can only game on xbox and iPod touch right now so this would allow me to enjoy the game. This beta has the barest bones

Edited by RebornJedi, 16 April 2014 - 17:52.

#55 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 April 2014 - 23:14

We have nothing on the table regarding an App for Sword at this point in time. Sorry.

#56 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:29

Not an app.. Just a simple simple mobile interface. I can't get apps on the xbox or on the touch (too old) but a simple interface would be perfect for faster page loads which makes for smooth and faster site navigation.

#57 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:26

Bumping because this is why i dont play anymore

#58 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 April 2014 - 00:34

Turning FS into a mobile friendly game would be a revenue boom. There's literally no real option for MMOs on mobile.... I'll flat out say what I've kept mostly to PMs, and alluded to ina  few threads.... FS could see itself surge in popularity and set a trend if HCS tried to make it work woth mobile devices, especially tablets as well as newer smartphones.

But as I've refrained saying for the most part. FS uses .php.... which is a hassle to code with, is ridged and not very flexible in what one can do with it..... I think there has been a unwillingness to address this and also to say why what seems to be a nobrainer to many isn't being done.

Making FS into a fully mobile capable MMO would mean to re-program most of the game in a different coding language... something I presume HCS doesn't feel is profitable nor feasible regardless of the long term gains.

I would however then, recommend that it instead consider doing so with other games of it's own that are browser based, such as sigmastorm, as less coding need be done to revamp them, likely using C# coding system or the like. Mind using a C# based coding system would take far less time each time content is added than the current .php system would, so maybe HCS might consider this? Mind if there was a subscriber fund with the specific purpose to have this coded for FS so that we could directly finance such a project I'm fully behind doing so. Anyhow.... I went on a bit much about a fringe topic.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#59 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 14:45

Even the forum could use a better mobile interface..

#60 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 13:44

Wonder what fallen sword looks like to new players who stumble upon this game on their phone (probably the main device most use)??

When i first log in it says the page is unavailable. Not a good start if new players see this. If the mobile interface is barely used and new players find the full version too much, why would they stick around. Interface and functionality are key for me when i judge new games i play.

I hope the cows upgrade it for more players to take part and have fun. The range of this game is too limited for the amount of features and years involved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: