49 replies to this topic

#41 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:39

Imo pegging the required kill totals to max stam or stam gain of each user would be better, or even current level, but then again that will never happen as HCS is unwilling to to stirr the pot that way.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#42 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,869 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 November 2014 - 13:37

Umm, don't you mean RAISED, big guy?  

Maybe you meant 'increase the individual targets'. By lowering them further, you encourage people to slack off and place the brunt of the load on others (especially those who were gunning for top 100 and didn't make it).

I missed the n't from should. 

#43 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:26

Hey there.

Sorry, but as several people in the thread have pointed out, the target was reachable. This year, some people either didn't put in the effort of the previous two years or waited a bit too long to join in, in hopes of reaching the Top 100.

Maybe I shouldn't have lowered the individual targets. I'll know better for next year.

~ Grim

I hate how you deflect scrutiny everytime someone posts something you don't approve, the facts are right there in front of you and the best you've got is "I'll work on it next year" we rightfully earned Ruby fair and square anyone saying otherwise don't know the facts, theres no reason global events should be based off high potions & high stamina, it should be based off the community as a whole not the high rollers who most likely don't need the reward , not everyone from last year is here so if you have a real rebuttal as to why you thought we only deserved the crystal reward by all means show us we only got as close as we did because people used points which again should not be considered when setting a target goal who the heck wants 4 chests when you can sell zombie brews and get a bunch of fsps something thats actually useful cus who needs high level potions when a majority of players have less then 5k stamina this event was rigged plain and simple feel free to lock this thread I've set my peace

Edited by xAnonemesisx, 06 November 2014 - 03:27.

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#44 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:45

I hate how you deflect scrutiny everytime someone posts something you don't approve, the facts are right there in front of you and the best you've got is "I'll work on it next year" we rightfully earned Ruby fair and square anyone saying otherwise don't know the facts,

How can you say we "rightfully earned Ruby, fair and square" ? - your statement makes NO SENSE whatsover as we were roughly 2.5 million kills short of attaining Ruby. You DO know that the tiers are awarded when COMPLETE, not when ENTERED, I assume ?

this event was rigged plain and simple feel free to lock this thread I've set my peace

Rigged ?? HAHAHA - how the heck can it have been rigged ? - did the cows have a script in place that said end the event JUST before the players hit the target ? Ridiculous, of course not.

The last few events we've only made Crystal but the cows gave out RUBY prizes - I don't recall seeing such nonsense spouted when WE (the players) benefitted...

(FYI, the phrase is SAID MY PIECE, not set my peace ;) )

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#45 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:58

I still think it would be in HCS best interest to list a calendar of upcoming events. At least 2 people in my guild hunted a day before the event.  I  put off hunting for 2 weeks so I would be at full stam for the halloween event ....however there have been events that I didnt see coming  ..hunted a day before a global and only did slightly more than the minimum ruby qualifier kills as I had no stam and  having zero chance at the top100.  I know a lot of folks like the springing of events on us .. But I dont. I know allies that just didnt feel like doing more than the minimum based on RL stuff .. But we simply didnt earn the RUBY and that did suck .. At least we have the upgraded DARKSUN to look forward too again hopefully that is.

#46 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:05

I still think it would be in HCS best interest to list a calendar of upcoming events. At least 2 people in my guild hunted a day before the event.  I  put off hunting for 2 weeks so I would be at full stam for the halloween event ....however there have been events that I didnt see coming  ..hunted a day before a global and only did slightly more than the minimum ruby qualifier kills as I had no stam and  having zero chance at the top100.  I know a lot of folks like the springing of events on us .. But I dont. I know allies that just didnt feel like doing more than the minimum based on RL stuff .. But we simply didnt earn the RUBY and that did suck .. At least we have the upgraded DARKSUN to look forward too again hopefully that is.

I don't think ANY events should be given a warning - they should just APPEAR - but the cows think different (mostly because, I suspect, of all the flak they'd get from players who'd just hunted and missed out on a 2xp event).

BUT, for Halloween, I think there's no case for a heads-up.

There has been the halloween global now for the last 3 years - so, even if you've joined in the last 12 months, you should have been told of the upcoming event by other players / guildmates.

The Halloween LE event has been run for several years too so, same argument

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#47 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:15

I don't think ANY events should be given a warning - they should just APPEAR - but the cows think different (mostly because, I suspect, of all the flak they'd get from players who'd just hunted and missed out on a 2xp event).

BUT, for Halloween, I think there's no case for a heads-up.

There has been the halloween global now for the last 3 years - so, even if you've joined in the last 12 months, you should have been told of the upcoming event by other players / guildmates.

The Halloween LE event has been run for several years too so, same argument

I disagree ... but thats what forums are for :) Somebody that is a relative noob to the game would have no idea HCS runs globals etc And well I am just not  smart enough to know what is going on half the time. 

#48 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:48

Wait, wait, wait.  I have the world's worst stam leak.  My friends told me to start saving stam on October 15th.  There were hints in the forum during the first days of October.   I'll tell you this though.  The event started a few days early for me, as well.  I never reached full stam, and I still reached over 18K kills.  I just used my 2K accumulated stam every day to hunt the beasties... AFTER I hunted my 1000 Spooks.  So I know it could have been done by everybody.  I'm sorry, as disappointing as it is, although WE earned Ruby, the entire community did not.  And I'm not talking about those that couldn't participate.   Real life always comes first.  But many came in, did a regular hunt or ladder hits or what have you and never hit a single beastie.  That's sad.  They missed out on a fun time.  And we all pay the price.  Not fair, but that's the way the cookie crumbles, folks. nada we can do, now is there?

Also.... Why do the cows have to announce anyway.  There have always been events for Halloween, the FS Birthday (usually 2X XP) Christmas, and Valentine's Day.  The Global Events are new to me, they began while I was gone, but they appear to occur 1-2 times a month.  The only thing wrong with this event was the individual minimum was set too low.  But he knows now.  It won't happen again.  Let's move on and kill these wonderful titans, hmm?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#49 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:41

I had many thoughts on this last event, and it will never come across the way I feel. I will try though. First just because I have more max stamina then allot of players, I am able to get into the top 100. So many players at WAL tried to get in and they were not able, yet they still managed 125k kills or so, that is fricken horrible they didnt get ruby chests.

Next some players say no warning should be given. I say that is to an extent a bit screwy. If FS as a whole ever wants to get ruby for the most part. WE rely on those with rather large stamina banks! The proof has already been given. Dont forget about those others players that came pretty close to getting into the top 100 that didnt get counted.

WANT to spice the global events up HCS?   NO STAMINA is used killing GLOBALS or walking around.   ALL other creatures are removed from FS. so no exploiting  could occur  THAT my would be a real  carpel tunnel inducing challenge.

#50 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:16

[snip]

WANT to spice the global events up HCS?   NO STAMINA is used killing GLOBALS or walking around.   ALL other creatures are removed from FS. so no exploiting  could occur  THAT my would be a real  carpel tunnel inducing challenge.

The other critters should stay. They are a distraction, but they can make it fun.  

As for stam, it's part of the game.  it should not be modified simply for a global event that is a regular ANNUAL thing.  Same goes for a warning.... You prepare.  If I had listened to my friends, I would have been prepared, but I did not.... That's on me, not HCS.

We have no problem meeting goal in a regular event.  Had the minimums been correct, we would have made this one, simply by the minimums.  The boss admitted cow math had failed him.  Let's move on... Santa is coming... With whispers of new titans and such  :) 

~My two Pennys

Edited by BadPenny, 08 November 2014 - 02:18.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: