#41 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2014 - 20:22

Before I go hunt these, are any of the over 1000 sets damage based, because I don't think any of the previous batch was?

Nope. Although I have a poll going in the hopes that the 1800 set can be switched around from a HP based set...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#42 thering66

thering66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 22:06

This was an interesting event with interesting and "different from the norm" sets. I like it. Thanks for the hardwork hcs!

#43 Ikkaru

Ikkaru

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 22:15

I must say that a defense hp set at 845 is pretty stupid. I don't want to be so brash but I am at a loss for words. Same items in attack armor is much smarter as defense is already easy up there. Attack armor could of made the other new 770 set useful. As it is now, both are pretty useless.

Edited by Ikkaru, 07 January 2014 - 22:16.

#44 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 22:24

I must say that a defense hp set at 845 is pretty stupid. I don't want to be so brash but I am at a loss for words. Same items in attack armor is much smarter as defense is already easy up there. Attack armor could of made the other new 770 set useful. As it is now, both are pretty useless.

The Von Drakke on 770 are very usefull for Arena.

#45 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 23:05

Von drakken/barbnisis/kifos/grotesque and guardian of meidos or jumbos armor kicks ass. I have seen it in use hunting very effectively. You could argue effectively that the level range already had effective hunting set ups... but Von drakken works very well in that situation.

Hmmm.... too many effectives.

Edited by Belaric, 07 January 2014 - 23:06.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#46 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 00:46

With new buffs in the works, with new potential directions the game might take, perhaps HP will finally take a more prominent role in the game.  Perhaps other aspects of the game, aside from leveling and PvP, are being explored.  It seems short-sighted (none of us with the long-term plan for FS in hand) to flame over sets from an LE event.

Relax.

DeadParrot

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#47 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:00

Using a possible 1800-2000 buff as an excuse to release that bath of HP sets is not an excuse.

Ok, so maybe we can have a version o NMV for HP to Damage, that will be good? yeah, but low lvls players will no be able to afford those buffs otherwise of buying/guilmates, so why so much low lvl sets with HP based?

#48 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:51

Using a possible 1800-2000 buff as an excuse to release that bath of HP sets is not an excuse.

Ok, so maybe we can have a version o NMV for HP to Damage, that will be good? 

Chi Strike - 0.1% per point of your Health total is added to your damage during combat.

#49 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:19

Chi Strike - 0.1% per point of your Health total is added to your damage during combat.

Nightmare Visage - 0,25% per point of your Attack will be transferred to your Defense.

0,25*175 = 43,75%
0,1*175 = 17,5%

That's a BIG diference.

#50 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:23

As I write this there have been 50 posts to this topic. Not a whole lot considering the total game population of FS.  Also, the number of negative comments has floored me.  I hope the forums are not turning into global chat.  I personally don't see the need to have new items to make the game easier, but that is apparently what a majority of said 50 are wanting.  I have to agree with Deadparrot, we don't need to flame.  (Leave that to the dragons.)

Edited by Tastria, 08 January 2014 - 02:24.

#51 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:47

i will say the bound potion "Lakota's golden egg" is the one saving grace for me...a golden shield 250 potion? why thank you for making for some interesting future gvg battles.

My question is are the other dragons laying eggs also?

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#52 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:35

i will say the bound potion "Lakota's golden egg" is the one saving grace for me...a golden shield 250 potion? why thank you for making for some interesting future gvg battles.

My question is are the other dragons laying eggs also?

They are not, no. I added the one to Lakota as it seemed in character, given his fluff and art.

Some flaming has been removed from the thread. If I find any more, warning will be handed out. Constructive criticism is welcome. Abuse is not.

#53 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:39

Awesome, thank you so much for making the 1800 set more useful.

I could kiss you Grim! A man kiss of course!

(Though maybe some other time when you're in a better mood)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#54 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:47

I don't want to put gas on the fire, but I'm just asking...

Anyone have any idea how to use the 845 set?
30% - Defense
70% - HP

I can't find any use for it, not even Arena.

And thanks for the stats change on Twins set, I'm too low to use it, but I know people will enjoy it.

#55 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:58

I don't want to put gas on the fire, but I'm just asking...

Anyone have any idea how to use the 845 set?
30% - Defense
70% - HP

I can't find any use for it, not even Arena.

And thanks for the stats change on Twins set, I'm too low to use it, but I know people will enjoy it.

All I can see is Relic defense maybe at best...

#56 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:00

I could kiss you Grim! A man kiss of course!

Where are the tickets for that event? :o

#57 beLIEve

beLIEve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:57

No he won't. Any abuse levelled at anyone will be dealt with.

Ah, that's interesting. Funny, I remember being bullied a while ago, and I sent a ticket to HCS because a pvp cliche ganged up on me and deleveled me quite a bit. Wanna know HCS's response? "It's part of the game. We can't do anything about that." End of story...so now you guys are doing something about it? I'm not starting an argument, I am just curious to see your answer. 

Running Manjaro Linux :)

Want to try a new FSH? Click here!

#58 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 13:01

Was 1800 the only set changed?

#59 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 13:06

"It's part of the game. We can't do anything about that."

PvP IS part of the game. Simple as that. They weren't abusing you. Abusing a player over feedback he's given is rather obviously abuse.

Was 1800 the only set changed?

Yes. It's the only one mentioned in the news post.

#60 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 13:20

Ah, that's interesting. Funny, I remember being bullied a while ago, and I sent a ticket to HCS because a pvp cliche ganged up on me and deleveled me quite a bit. Wanna know HCS's response? "It's part of the game. We can't do anything about that." End of story...so now you guys are doing something about it? I'm not starting an argument, I am just curious to see your answer. 

PvP is a HUGE part of the game.

PvP IS part of the game. Simple as that. They weren't abusing you. Abusing a player over feedback he's given is rather obviously abuse.

BeLIEve, they could attack you hourly for no reason or delevel you back to 1, and not get banned for harassment... If they started sending you abusive messages, that is a different story. I have firsthand experience :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: