• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#41 milon9999

milon9999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:08

Ok, so titanstride/lightwalk will be removed, but it was never automation. It actually leveled the playing field for players who lived further from the servers. Anyone who understood it and used it will know this.

Everyone also had the chance to use it so it wasn't an unfair advantage.

Now we go back to the days of - he who lives closest to the server is the fastest by a long way.

The best way to level titans properly now titanstride/lightwalk has been banned is to remove the old map system entirely and force everyone to use the new map OR during the beta phase of the new map system ONLY make titans appear on the new map.

I agree . Even i'm from UK my PING is more than 100ms. So pathetic :( . so, How HCS will fix the distance problem ? They are removing the script for security policy . So, i think they need to focus on the distance problem too.

dbzteengohansig_by_zzkurozz-d69715k.png

#42 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:08

I even had a friend make a video of a titan hunt, where he (while at the loo) managed to secure a titan with no hassle whatsoever.
The script basically did all that was needed

I would be very interested to see how titanstride does that as the version lawdog got approved by HCS requires a manual process to move and kill.

Who was the friend?

#43 LScorpion

LScorpion

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Trinidad and Tobago

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:10

It wasn't? Either you're not aware of how titan hunting is supposed to be, or you denying fault here. As said elsewhere, I have both first n second hand seen/used lightwalk myself - and that, is very much so automation/cheating.
I even had a friend make a video of a titan hunt, where he (while at the loo) managed to secure a titan with no hassle whatsoever.

Seeing as HCS has implemented lightwalk into FS themselves I think you just called them cheaters. :/ Everyone can move more than one step now so everyone has the ability to move distances across the map in one refresh but the only thing stopping them is internet connection or wrong input of movements.

#44 grante28

grante28

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:12

Well looks like hunting one titan is going to go back to a 2 day episode. I really hope everyone buys there epics soon because you will really start to see the price of them rise to probably around 1K for a pair of oggy gloves!

#45 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:12

It wasn't? Either you're not aware of how titan hunting is supposed to be, or you denying fault here. As said elsewhere, I have both first n second hand seen/used lightwalk myself - and that, is very much so automation/cheating.

Seeing as HCS has implemented lightwalk into FS themselves I think you just called them cheaters. :/ Everyone can move more than one step now so everyone has the ability to move distances across the map in one refresh but the only thing stopping them is internet connection or wrong input of movements.

Yup - fixed my post .. my fault for writing stuff on the forum, while talking the phone at the same time >.<

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#46 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:14

Well looks like hunting one titan is going to go back to a 2 day episode. I really hope everyone buys there epics soon because you will really start to see the price of them rise to probably around 1K for a pair of oggy gloves!

Or you might start seeing ppl taking interest in hunting titans again, now they don't have to fight with monopolizing script users.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#47 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

I fail to see why all of you are complaining at hcs removing these unauthorized scripts.

The first versions may have been authorized, but they are continually updated and the updated versions dont get authorized do they?

Besides that if you switched to the new ui and the new map system it would not matter because you wouldnt need them anymore.

#48 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

I fail to see why all of you are complaining at hcs removing these unauthorized scripts.

The first versions may have been authorized, but they are continually updated and the updated versions dont get authorized do they?

Besides that if you switched to the new ui and the new map system it would not matter because you wouldnt need them anymore.

+1

#49 LScorpion

LScorpion

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Trinidad and Tobago

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:15

I still don't understand how you think titanstride is automation. All it does is refresh the map and scout tower and had it's own version of lightwalk. The map refresh was easier on the eyes that was about it. At least in the version I am using. Please elaborate on how it was automated as we still have to move to the location and hit the kill button ourselves.

#50 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:16

Fix titans so they can be seen AND killed on the new map( apparently its bugged now), then ONLY release them on the new map ;)

#51 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:17

I still don't understand how you think titanstride is automation. All it does is refresh the map and scout tower and had it's own version of lightwalk. The map refresh was easier on the eyes that was about it. At least in the version I am using. Please elaborate on how it was automated as we still have to move to the location and hit the kill button ourselves.

We did not call titanstride an automation, it is a script for the game, and one we shall no longer allow.

#52 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:17

Fix titans so they can be seen AND killed on the new map( apparently its bugged now), then ONLY release them on the new map ;)

+11111111111111111111111111111

Cant kill my lvl 700 quest titan until its fixed since I refuse to use the old map anymore

#53 LScorpion

LScorpion

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Trinidad and Tobago

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:19

Understood but it will not change much until the full release of the new map. Unless this new security update means we can no longer auto-refresh pages? That is the only feature outside of FS that will affect how I titan hunt now. The removal of titanstride isn't going to change much.

#54 fs_karlososos

fs_karlososos
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:21

WOW THIS IS GREAT!!! IM SO HAPPY!! THERE WILL BE NO MORE CHEATING!! IM GONNA START HUNTING TITANS AGAIN!!!! YIPPPEEEEEE!!!

#55 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:22

Understood but it will not change much until the full release of the new map. Unless this new security update means we can no longer auto-refresh pages? That is the only feature outside of FS that will affect how I titan hunt now. The removal of titanstride isn't going to change much.

Auto Refresh, at least in firefox, is available as an add-on, not a script, which to my understanding they are not banning add-ons only scripts with the exception of fs helper.

Maybe they should clarify this so everyone understands clearly what is and what is not allowed.

#56 LScorpion

LScorpion

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Trinidad and Tobago

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:24

If add-ons are still allowed then my titan hunting is not affected by this. I have come to understand that there were some people with edited scripts that were supposedly faster. I guess they're screwed. lol

#57 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:27

I chuckle at the 2 "best" Titan hunting guilds crying while the rest of are happy, Irony :lol:

#58 LScorpion

LScorpion

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Trinidad and Tobago

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:28

I chuckle at the 2 "best" Titan hunting guilds crying while the rest of are happy, Irony :lol:

lol we will see in a week I guess. :mrgreen:

#59 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:31

They can be the best titan hunters for all that I care, at least now it will require team work and some effort again - not just one or two script abusers.

Now.. if only there was a way to make them old titans interesting to the public again, we'd see how good they really are :wink:

#60 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 13:32

We are also banning the use of the previously authorized script Titan Stride and FS. LightWalk, effective immediately. As we feel it gives an unfair advantage to players using it.

Finally :) Be nice if we can get back to the days where effort and strategy played a part in titan hunting; it has become boring with so few people hunting them these days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: