#41 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2012 - 21:47

No mention of the Halloween realm here for the quests. Since it doesnt seem like you will be releasing Quango, Story Book or Halloween realms again could you please remove the unfinished quests from our quest books. Cant stand looking at unfinished quests that there is no chance on completing.

The Halloween realm will be returning, as will Quango and Storybook in due time.

#42 Odinsson

Odinsson

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 22:07

thanks BigG, cant wait!!!!

#43 Reddstarr

Reddstarr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 22:43

how long will the global event last?

#44 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 22:45

Please do not release the titan event until this is fixed, thanks
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107980

Looking foward to the Halloween event and the global quest btw :)

agreed. im not a big titan hunter, but i do enjoy titan hunting. but titan walk is still easily abused by the old maps? if the new titan is to be released, i agree that the titans should at least not be seen on the old map. if its really that hard to do, just remove the image. make it appear as a SE. still a titan but not visibel on the map.

and definetly keep zombie brew a luck grab. we have a lv 100 distil pot to make now. be happy about it lol

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#45 vikingv

vikingv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 23:58

Make sure you make it so you have to qualify first in the global event before you can hunt the new titan, or the titan hunters will just sit on their stamina and wait for everyone to run dry then go after the titan by themselves with max stamina. Or to be able to qualify to hunt the new titan you must first qualify in the global event. Anyone not qualifying should not be able to hunt the titan.

I concur

#46 Jashan

Jashan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 October 2012 - 00:30

No mention of the Halloween realm here for the quests. Since it doesnt seem like you will be releasing Quango, Story Book or Halloween realms again could you please remove the unfinished quests from our quest books. Cant stand looking at unfinished quests that there is no chance on completing.

The Halloween realm will be returning, as will Quango and Storybook in due time.

I am glad to hear this. Completing the quests is my favorite part of the game!

#47 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:20

I would like to bring to everyones (especially HCS's) attention that the hurricane storm that is going over the east coast of the U.S. is causing power shortages for the players from the east coast. Due to this, many players from the east coast will not be able to participate in the event. I believe the event should in some way be extended so that those players can also participate...

my two cents

#48 hell07

hell07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Turkey

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:40

I agree with wesley also dont let the new titan out before fixing the map also wonder we will got a two titan fawkes and another one ?

#49 subito

subito

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:06

I would like to bring to everyones (especially HCS's) attention that the hurricane storm that is going over the east coast of the U.S. is causing power shortages for the players from the east coast. Due to this, many players from the east coast will not be able to participate in the event. I believe the event should in some way be extended so that those players can also participate...

my two cents

Do you think that players have time for game ? U should just to pray for east coast ....

#50 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:58

my two cents

Do you think that players have time for game ? U should just to pray for east coast ....

extending wouldnt help the ppl the fact is for a while after the storm passes you think a game will be on the top of their lists .

#51 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:13

my two cents

I am sorry to say so, but as much as I wish the storm makes the least possible harm to the people living there, I dont think such action should be taken - were there something like that when there were floods or similar disasters in other countries?

And of course like several others have stated I dont believe the game would be the highest priority for those affected by the storm for quite a while....

#52 wallywmbat

wallywmbat

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:49

I agree you should have to qualify in the global event first to be allowed to hit the titan :)

#53 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:57

I agree with wesley also dont let the new titan out before fixing the map also wonder we will got a two titan fawkes and another one ?

i have to agree with this. i dont mess with titans at all as the playing field is far to unbalanced. however if this was fixed first i might actually give it a go.

the maps have been a problem for a while now, they need to get fixed once and for all regardless but with this new titan in sight i think the fix needs to happen first

I agree you should have to qualify in the global event first to be allowed to hit the titan :)

personally i dont see the point here but really it dont matter to me one way or the other. suppose it could make it a bit more interesting tho

#54 boeffie

boeffie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 13:24

personally i dont see the point here but really it dont matter to me one way or the other. suppose it could make it a bit more interesting tho

Point here is that they don't want some people to save all their stam to go hunt the titan that has got into the game through stam spent by others, who then have less left to hunt it themselves

#55 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 October 2012 - 14:18

For a large majority of the players there is little use of hunting a titan that only appears 2 weeks per year.
...if they are after the drop...

In the last 8 days 35 titans appeared; that's an average of 61.25 in 2 weeks. There are 13 possible titans (not counting Wickerman) so each titan appears around 4.7 times in two weeks time. The first time will probably be a force spawn so that makes 5.7 times in two weeks.

With many people hunting this new titan the kills (and thus TKP) will be divided among many guilds.
The level of the titan is important here, because a low level means more hunters while a high level means less hunters. Since it's part of a Global Event I'd guess that the level will be fairly low so most players can participate. That means a lot of hunters.

Other low level titans are the Kraken, Ogalith, Wickerman and Skaldir titans. They have around 3.5k, 4k, 4.2k and 5k Titan HP and their drops cost 6.75k, 8k, 8.75k and 9.25k TKP.
My best guess is that this seasonal titan will also have around 3.5k-4.5k THPs and that its drop costs around twice the creature's THP in TKP (so around 7k to 9k TKP).

With many hunters no single guild will be able to secure the drop through getting over 50% of the kills (except perhaps the biggest and most organised guilds).

Guilds that aren't among the top titan hunter guilds will only get a handful of kills each time the titan appears (probably 5 or 6 times in the two weeks). They might get 100, 150 or even 200 kills, but probably won't make it to the top 5 spots for bonus TKP. Even if they do manage to get kills each of the 5 or 6 times the titan appears; that's still only around 900 TKP in total.
It would take 8 to 10 years for most guilds to get the titan drop through TKP...

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#56 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 15:32

Just have more hunters. 100 kills x 10 hunters = 1,000 tkp + most likely placing in top 5

#57 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 October 2012 - 17:25

Just have more hunters. 100 kills x 10 hunters = 1,000 tkp + most likely placing in top 5

You seriously think that 10 players can get 25% of the kills on a new seasonal titan?? :shock:

Not many players can get 100 kills on a titan when several hundred other hunters are present. They're lucky if they manage to get even 20.
Most guilds will try to hunt it with several people (around 6 to 15 players). Only the biggest guilds while most players are online when the titan spawns have a decent chance to finish in the top 5 with more than a few hundred kills. :roll:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49

Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#58 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 17:27

You seriously think that 10 players can get 25% of the kills on a new seasonal titan?? :shock:

Not many players can get 100 kills on a titan when several hundred other hunters are present. They're lucky if they manage to get even 20.
Most guilds will try to hunt it with several people (around 6 to 15 players). Only the biggest guilds while most players are online when the titan spawns have a decent chance to finish in the top 5 with more than a few hundred kills. :roll:

I honestly think that the lag will be our worst enemy

#59 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 18:31

I was able to get 200 kills in an hour against the magic hunter and 15 regular hunters. I guess I thought 100 was possible. Will find out I guess.

#60 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 October 2012 - 19:05

I honestly think that the lag will be our worst enemy

Of course, but lag doesn't take away any THP. Other hunters do. 8)

I was able to get 200 kills in an hour against the magic hunter and 15 regular hunters. I guess I thought 100 was possible. Will find out I guess.

Yep, we will find out in a few days how many hunters will be there and how well people will do. :wink:

Prophet    
Warrior  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: