105 replies to this topic

#41 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 17:44

Not likely. Essentially, every fight could be for gold. You just need to earn the tokens.

I just realized the other day why people have been asking for gold tournaments. Obviously everyone now you can trade the tokens for gold...but it does not go to you bank it goes to gold on hand.

So would it either be possible to have "gold" tournaments like before or have the gold bought from tokens go to your bank?

#42 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 18:12

I think having a mix of straight gold tournaments as well as token tournaments is a good idea! gotta give the +1 to brice and dulcharn and anyone else that may have asked that we get the gold tournies back!!! 

i also think some gold tourneys could be needed...some really cheap ones to help the newer players getting into arena...and some high gold ones for the higher level, high rollers that dont mind losing 100k in one arena tourney....and as leos mentioned..a big difference between gold going into bank and gold going into hand..all works for gold sinks..

#43 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 23:24

All tourneys can be gold reward... Why would we bring back gold reward tourneys ?

Currently you are on profit side whatever you win or get 2nd place and 3rd place very small loss of gold from entry fee

I think arena is paradise for all now ,Its good as it is... Just need new stuff to be added in arena shop either sets or special upgrades :)

#44 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:41

So would it either be possible to have "gold" tournaments like before or have the gold bought from tokens go to your bank?

Hi there.

Sorry, but this is completely unnecessary. If you have changed tokens to gold, transfer it to the bank ASAP. You do not need it going straight to the bank to save you a couple of seconds of vulnerability.

~ Grim

#45 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:03

Hi there.

Sorry, but this is completely unnecessary. If you have changed tokens to gold, transfer it to the bank ASAP. You do not need it going straight to the bank to save you a couple of seconds of vulnerability.

~ Grim

I would agree to you IF the available deposits weren't limited by Upgrades.

Edited by Lellarell, 22 July 2014 - 10:03.

#46 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 14:35

I would agree to you IF the available deposits weren't limited by Upgrades.

What makes you in rush to trade your tokens for gold ? :) Tokens will stay there safe and you can trade it for gold anytime you want when you have deposits available..

Edited by shindrak, 22 July 2014 - 14:35.

#47 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 15:36

All tourneys can be gold reward... Why would we bring back gold reward tourneys ?

Currently you are on profit side whatever you win or get 2nd place and 3rd place very small loss of gold from entry fee

I think arena is paradise for all now ,Its good as it is... Just need new stuff to be added in arena shop either sets or special upgrade

yes..they can all be gold rewards...but no big gold scoops...some players want to play for a little more than we currently have..and they could have some really cheap gold tourneys to help newer players get used to arena without costing them an arm and a leg..arena is already for the rich..something needs to happen to help the poor participate..and completly agree that new prizes or upgrades for prizes need to happen to keep the newly found interest in arena alive...it is already slowing back down..

#48 drakos333

drakos333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 16:02

its beyond slowing down.. i joined two 16 man tournaments and one 8 man tournament 12 hours ago and none of them have started yet!! and they are all higher lvl tournies too!!! 

#49 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 16:26

yes..they can all be gold rewards...but no big gold scoops...some players want to play for a little more than we currently have..and they could have some really cheap gold tourneys to help newer players get used to arena without costing them an arm and a leg..arena is already for the rich..something needs to happen to help the poor participate..and completly agree that new prizes or upgrades for prizes need to happen to keep the newly found interest in arena alive...it is already slowing back down.

Is it for rich?? really?? I can't get it dude... You barely lose any gold except if you lose first round in 8 mans tourneys...

I mentioned in previous post currently its profit for 2nd place and very small loss for 3rd how is it for rich players now?

No need to be Desperate for wins patience is good to reach the top

its beyond slowing down.. i joined two 16 man tournaments and one 8 man tournament 12 hours ago and none of them have started yet!! and they are all higher lvl tournies too!!! 

Much better and faster than before ;-) people started to think before joining at higher levels

You guys asked for more tourneys to spawn for more levels and now whats next ? I don't think HC's will end up just focusing on arena... Please be fair now its next update turn from road map ...Arena is fine now.

Edited by shindrak, 22 July 2014 - 16:30.

#50 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 20:13

Is it for rich?? really?? I can't get it dude... You barely lose any gold except if you lose first round in 8 mans tourneys...

I mentioned in previous post currently its profit for 2nd place and very small loss for 3rd how is it for rich players now?

No need to be Desperate for wins patience is good to reach the top

Much better and faster than before ;-) people started to think before joining at higher levels

You guys asked for more tourneys to spawn for more levels and now whats next ? I don't think HC's will end up just focusing on arena... Please be fair now its next update turn from road map ...Arena is fine now.

sorry , but i disagree..it is for the rich..for those lower level players and newer players to the game...it costs a lot to have an arena setup (gear is not cheap), more to have multiple setups.. and the costs for entering are expensive for some of us..guess you are out of touch with reality on that one, as rich players usually are..i understand that most gold comes back if you can win a round..but there are lots of players where winning 1 round is not easy....and yes..tourneys are going faster than before..but for how long..if nothing new gets added to store then it will slow back down to a crawl..as we all see it doing already...i am not asking for much more from hcs..just some really cheap tourneys to help newer arena players get hooked...and new prizes ( such as upgrades, which all players would want, and i think would keep arena moving at a good pace for a long time)..everything else is good to go for arena..

#51 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 21:53

sorry , but i disagree..it is for the rich..for those lower level players and newer players to the game...it costs a lot to have an arena setup (gear is not cheap), more to have multiple setups.. and the costs for entering are expensive for some of us..guess you are out of touch with reality on that one, as rich players usually are..i understand that most gold comes back if you can win a round..but there are lots of players where winning 1 round is not easy....and yes..tourneys are going faster than before..but for how long..if nothing new gets added to store then it will slow back down to a crawl..as we all see it doing already...i am not asking for much more from hcs..just some really cheap tourneys to help newer arena players get hooked...and new prizes ( such as upgrades, which all players would want, and i think would keep arena moving at a good pace for a long time)..everything else is good to go for arena..

They have to do some effort then just like the rich players did at the start... New players aren't supposed to play arena  and win right when they join the game... its bad excuse to use new players for every issue.. tourneys already cheap to join 10k gold expensive? there's novice system for moves to get new players some experience before starting in regular tourneys...

Ofcourse they should add new stuff to arena afew players suggested to add some upgrades to buy with tokens or maybe certain special buff gives 10% bonus x stats just like pvp prestige one  good way to encourage players and keep playing arena.

#52 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:44

Not likely. Essentially, every fight could be for gold. You just need to earn the tokens.

That's a Big Bummer... Yes I know you can trade tokens for gold, but that's not the point...it was nice for the gold to go directly to your bank rather than have it on hand,in which, it was great to let it sit there and accumulate. I myself would set a target amount, pull it all out at once and make a large deposit into my guild..quick and simple...now I get to enjoy tapping the 50 tokens for 200K button 100 times...that's awesome :D

Edited by Brice, 23 July 2014 - 04:36.

#53 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:50

What makes you in rush to trade your tokens for gold ? :) Tokens will stay there safe and you can trade it for gold anytime you want when you have deposits available..

I may need some Gold suddenly. Who can tell?

It's not unfair to ask for that, since the Gold Arena rewards went straight right to the bank.

:mellow:

Edited by Lellarell, 23 July 2014 - 04:51.

#54 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:59

I may need some Gold suddenly. Who can tell?

It's not unfair to ask for that, since the Gold Arena rewards went straight right to the bank.

:mellow:

It was like that because you won't need to win like 3m gold goes into hand when tourneys start while you are away...

that why it was going directly into the bank :)

Now you can trade token for gold if you need the gold suddenly too :P they wont expire or vanish lol

Edited by shindrak, 23 July 2014 - 04:59.

#55 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:19

also it is highly likely you will be online when you trade in your tokens for the gold and one hopes you will have planned sufficiently to have the requisite bank deposits for storing the gold you acquire or that you have something to spend the gold on. The tokens do not vanish and are totally secure so you can just keep hold of them until the need arises for some gold. I really do fail to see the issue here, people are making an issue where there is none...

#56 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 15:01

I just noticed the Dwarf Skin Fire Flail (300 Super Elite) can be bought with Arena tokens. Is this a mistake or have you always been able to win it in Arena?

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#57 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 15:23

I just noticed the Dwarf Skin Fire Flail (300 Super Elite) can be bought with Arena tokens. Is this a mistake or have you always been able to win it in Arena?

Its arena item from long time

#58 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 16:04

Its arena item from long time

Ok, my bad, I've just never noticed it i guess.

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#59 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 July 2014 - 18:44

Without quoting a whole bunch of folks, I'll just do my ramble.

Yes, everyone has to start sort of even in the beginning of their arena careers, but keep in mind that as of the past month or so the price for entering an arena has sky rocketed.  From less then 100 gold in some novice arenas to 500 for all novice scraps.  (Whether this is good or bad, I'm not judging,  it is, however a fact.)  Ditto for the regular arena.    I've stopped playing, too rich for my blood.

Yes, gear is expensive, and there is A LOT more of it floating around then there was previously.  I used to snag items off the guild store to try and pound on my fellow arena-ites with, but that doesn't quite cut it now.  Also, there is that pesky storage problem when you do get your own gear. 

The good thing is, there are adequate levels for everyone to tackle.

And yes, the arena has absorbed enough time.  Judging from the posts, no one is going to change anyone else's mind on the arena viewpoints.  So lets move on the next item on the roadmap.

#60 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 21:26

also it is highly likely you will be online when you trade in your tokens for the gold and one hopes you will have planned sufficiently to have the requisite bank deposits for storing the gold you acquire or that you have something to spend the gold on. The tokens do not vanish and are totally secure so you can just keep hold of them until the need arises for some gold. I really do fail to see the issue here, people are making an issue where there is none...

yeah, this is really kind of a moot point because for arena players the "bank" is tokens now.  No need to have multiple bank deposits to put loads of gold into your bank, just store it in the arena token bank and pull it out when you need it.  I do agree that there ought to be a way to trade in higher amounts of tokens at once for those who accumulate thousands of them, but other than that, I don't have any problem with there not being arenas for gold that goes directly into your bank.  I guess the only thing I might say about it is that there are very few arenas that pay out enough tokens to the winner even to get 200K, and back in the "good ol' days" there were arenas for gold with prizes of 1 mil, 1.2 mil, 1.5 mil gold, etc., which really felt like a "jackpot" win if you were able to win one.  Now it's just going to take grinding, grinding, grinding away to build up enough tokens to get the kind of gold prizes we used to have.  Of course, back then nothing was given to 2nd or 3rd place either, so that is good for people who can't ever seem to win (me!) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: