95 replies to this topic

#41 jsustin212

jsustin212

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:08

the basics behind this that everyone need to stop complaining about is yes the drop rates are low but youre the one spending your fsp on this at your own risk... dont gamble if youre not willing to lose!

jsus_zpsa8d5d247.png

#42 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:17

the basics behind this that everyone need to stop complaining about is yes the drop rates are low but youre the one spending your fsp on this at your own risk... dont gamble if youre not willing to lose!

you're correct, bub. risk vs. reward is completely disproportionate. those who get lucky and make a profit keep the influx of this gear down artificially. crapolla.
Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#43 jsustin212

jsustin212

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:20

you're correct, bub. risk vs. reward is completely disproportionate. those who get lucky and make a profit keep the influx of this gear down artificially. crapolla.

and yet you wouldnt complain if you were the lucky one

jsus_zpsa8d5d247.png

#44 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:22

and yet you wouldnt complain if you were the lucky one

...i'm sorry, did you read my wee mind? did i miss something or do you know something i don't? speculation is fun, like religion.

#45 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:31

15 million gold - and nada of the new set.

Ah well, easy come, easy go ... hopefully it may appear in the realms one day, or others get more luck so that the price comes down :)

#46 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:08

As long as the rates are kept constant (and lowish), it doesn't actually matter what the rates are. The prices will settle based on the rates. Sure, you'll have some people making tons of profit, but that won't be the average, and if they're smart, they won't bring down prices too much. So basically, the market will adjust itself to the high cost of acquisition, which seems to be necessary for what looks like a very OP set, though I'm not at 1600 so I'm not actually sure how OP it is (but 2700 damage a piece seems a bit excessive).

#47 Neomaxiums

Neomaxiums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:17

I think 2 or 3 LE's in the realms at the same time as a few in the caves would help sink a lot more gold you can get the gold out of peoples bank with the scavenging then set the realm LE's to give 0 gold and then any stam burned on those will not bring anymore gold into the game
A double gold sink :)

#48 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:51

How weak is the 1600 LE? I was able to 1 hit it 90% of the time with my offline setup and a few basic buffs. :s

#49 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:19

How weak is the 1600 LE? I was able to 1 hit it 90% of the time with my offline setup and a few basic buffs. :s

I think what it lacks in strength, it makes up for in tightness ;)

#50 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:22

I think what it lacks in strength, it makes up for in tightness ;)

That's what she said?

#51 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:43

As much as I appreciate the gold sink, and the new LE (luv it Bry, was fun doing a little research on the names as well :-* ) - I fail to see why the cows agreed to a amy/weapon set and then goes out n releases two lvl 1600 SE sets which both breaks with the LE set introduced.
It pretty much leaves the blood weaver set useless (due to the EW potion bonus) :roll:

Thnx for the effort my dear cows, but for the love of all things unholy, pls start planning more than half a step ahead ... this is just getting old!

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#52 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:02

As much as I appreciate the gold sink, and the new LE (luv it Bry, was fun doing a little research on the names as well :-* ) - I fail to see why the cows agreed to a amy/weapon set and then goes out n releases two lvl 1600 SE sets which both breaks with the LE set introduced.
It pretty much leaves the blood weaver set useless (due to the EW potion bonus) :roll:

Thnx for the effort my dear cows, but for the love of all things unholy, pls start planning more than half a step ahead ... this is just getting old!

Let's hope they make new 1600 skill to buff SE's sets...

even maybe make new afew recipes to revamp these lvl 1600 SE's sets... att,arm set recipes or att,def set recipe something like that would be cool...

#53 Booger

Booger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:43

I spent about 34 million gold, and got ZERO Balaur drops and ZERO Ira Heketoro drops with reckoning 230 and FI1150, and yet one of my guildmates did allright with FI800. I might have stopped earlier, but at 45k a go you don't realise just how quickly your hard earned currency is disappearing into thin air.

I'm probably going to restrict my scavenging to the times there AREN'T any legendaries in the caves, last week was only a small loss, even though the legendary drop rate was very low, but this time I am only going to get back 25% of what I put into the caves (from the potions). No point attempting it for profit unless you are spending mega amounts of gold so your luck balances out..

#54 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:53

I spent about 34 million gold, and got ZERO Balaur drops and ZERO Ira Heketoro drops with reckoning 230 and FI1150, and yet one of my guildmates did allright with FI800. I might have stopped earlier, but at 45k a go you don't realise just how quickly your hard earned currency is disappearing into thin air.

The horrible low droprate (according to the Wiki/Guide) is one of the reasons I never really bothered with cave events. I don't hope we get all of the legendarys now only in the caves as it would mean that legendary sets are for the 'supporting' players only.

Spotted some of the new L1600 gear on the AH, with prices at 100+FSP per item its way out of my reach (not that i need that gear anytime, but thats beside the point). I wonder how many L1600 are going to shell out 200+ fsp for a set that they might be using for about 100 levels or so.. The relative short life span of the sets is one of the reasons I am glad to be in a guild, as it would make levelling very expenisve otherwise.

Can we have next legendary event just in the area's?? I still got that Fallen Bear quest pending and I don't like having to spend my entire fsp stash just to get it finished and I think there are more players who are at this point.

#55 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 February 2013 - 13:21

even maybe make new afew recipes to revamp these lvl 1600 SE's sets... att,arm set recipes or att,def set recipe something like that would be cool...

couldnt agree more, a few well thought out sets added to the roster could make these 1600 SE's as desirable as carver and dreadlord ensuring their longevity for those who farm SE's for fun, gear for self and profit :)

edit :: ty Bry for the intricacy/concept and hcs for bringing it to fruition, love the graphic :)

#56 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 14:57

Egami,
I don't think you understand the posts on which you are commenting on. You seem to think players feel the drop rates justify the gold spent. If it takes 90,000,000 for no drop, that's 90,000,000/200,000 (at the extreme outside now) means 450 fsp spent on squat.

Well, first off, I believe the post I am commenting on is a gold sink. It is working quite effectively. In fact, the MP was cleared.

I'm not going to go into the philosophical issue of "justifies". I'll stick with "millions of gold down the tubes, yay!" lol

For YOUR capitalistic needs however, I'm going to skip subito's second summary of his experience and use the first one only because it coincides with the numbers you used. In that original post, he spent 90,000,000 (450 FSP in your calc) and got 5 item drops (plus potions). People have commented the items are going up for 100-200 FSP. Let's say 100 FSP to make it easy... 5 items, 100 FSP... lookie here... 500 FSP without counting the pots. Would 50 FSP profit "justify" it for you? ,oP

Legendary events belong in the realms.

I don't think you understand the thread you are commenting on. LOL!

Legendary events by definition only happen in the realms. That's my whole point... This is NOT a thread about LEs... a request for those, I'm sure would get widespread support in the appropriate thread. This thread is about the Scavenging Caves. Scavenging Caves are good, Scavenging Caves are nice.

Does anyone really want legendary creatures to no longer appear in the caves? I think not.... if they do, they should be institutionalized. There's a room free next to me *wink, wink*

Every time creatures appear in the Caves, the gold sink is amazing. The larger FS player population benefits, period.

I've spent millions of gold in a matter of minutes. There is no value per hour in that. I'd rather titan hunt for an hour for the same net value.

Why do you spend time doing things that have no value for you? Run along and Titan Hunt now... Maybe you'll be happier. At least then you could look at the bright side and concentrate on how nice it is to not have to pay so much gold for FSP.

After a Scavenging session, I feel violated and cheap

You lucky parrot you... you've practically convinced me to go spend a few million right now ,oP

#57 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2013 - 15:05

I can't read a wall of diatribe, however...

Gold is sunk, hoorah. However if the cost of gear goes up, there is a null net effect. Cost of buying goes up in Fsps but cost of fsps goes down. No change people. Just one minute of scavenging.

DP

#58 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 15:33

I'm convinced. I'm not scavenging. Was going to drop like 20+mil on this 1600 Legendary because there is NO WAY I'm paying current auction house prices. But it seems like it's not even fair as far as the drop rate goes and scavenging is a rich mans game now and I really can't afford to do that and come up with nothing. So thanks guys. lol

#59 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2013 - 16:09

I sunk 200fsp's worth of gold into the cave going after the new LE1600 set and got one drop using FI 1000 distilled with a zombie brew. I guess the only positive I can find is that I now have an abundance of EW1.5k and enchanted armor potions to waste...

... oh got some forest cave potions for comedy naked Elite killing as well

#60 defabs

defabs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 16:50

i agree on its horrible low dropping range. killed it with over 200 fsp in caves so just 2 drops even that im lucky i guess but still all **** im defenatly not going into the caves anymore i hope i can sell the items to brake evn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: