Photo

Changes to Favor F2P Players

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

Poll: More free Eldevin! (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Make Eldevin less P2W?

1. Yes (5 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. No (29 votes [82.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.86%

3. Maybe (1 votes [2.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

Vote

#41 Lagenia

Lagenia

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 15:19

The only thing a free to play player can not obtain, is the items in the loyalty section.

Everything else can be obtained by free to play players, they just need to work for their rewards!  :D

From my point of view this game is already fully free to play. All you pay real $ for really is convenience and shiny stuff that does not affect game play  :)

Not true, a f2p player can obtain everything from the Loyalty Section, as you get 5 points / day (10 if subscriber) ... so this game is the perfect Example if it comes to f2p concept. There is NOTHING in the shop that you can not obtain by playing the game yourself.

Ain't talking for myself here, I'm mostly fine atm. I did not deny that it wasn't possible, but its not fair situation, that is clear and it could be easily adjusted, so why not? What there is to be afraid of?

Sorry but to people like you i always say the same thing "Learn what f2p and p2w is, the real definition of the 2 terms"

F2P = A game that can be enjoyed, without paying for the game. F2P Concept contains microtransactions, that give you time or convenience Bonus ingame, but nothing, that cant be obtained over time.

P2W = A game where you can pay real money, for items / things / whatever - that cant be obtained otherwise and give you a huge bonus over people that doesnt spend money into the game. For example in Eldevin it would be ... a Bound Potion that gives +10% Melee/Sorc/Ranged/Vit/Energy Attributes for xx Min. Or Shop Gear, that is better than obtainable Gear ingame

Eldevin is really the GOD of how F2P Concepts where ment to be in the first place, nothing except time you can buy in the shop. There are people that are better geared / have the stronger character / have higher Craft or Gathering Skills that didnt pay a single $ for this game - and thats what makes a F2P Concept shine over other f2p(p2w) systems - like for example 4story ... where you can (have to) buy stuff from the shop to get the best Items ingame if you are not the most lucky bastard in the universe with a chance of 10 ^ -100 to obtain the best Item ingame without destroying it on the upgrade Process.

PS: STRUYK PLZ JUST GT::::: OUT OF THIS GAME _ JUST DELETE YOUR CHARACTERS _ WHY DO YOU EVEN BOTHER TO PLAY THIS GAME WITH HUNDREDS OF DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS _ WHEN YOU HATE THE GAME SO MUCH? ...

@Devs + Admins cmon it cant be that hard to find out that this guy is struyk with a new account - just ban people playing over proxy and only allow real ips

Edited by Lagenia, 06 February 2014 - 15:32.

5700658DHjpT.png

6 x Level 40, 8 to go

#42 Medi3vil

Medi3vil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Badge
  • Venezuela

Posted 06 February 2014 - 15:31

You miss your supporter buff though medi, lol.

ernzor!  :(  :unsure:  :(

#43 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 15:57

Not true, a f2p player can obtain everything from the Loyalty Section, as you get 5 points / day (10 if subscriber) ... so this game is the perfect Example if it comes to f2p concept. There is NOTHING in the shop that you can not obtain by playing the game yourself.

Oh yeah, nice. Also get loyalty for referring players  :D

Edited by Mongo, 06 February 2014 - 15:57.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#44 Samppa

Samppa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 15:59

Sorry but to people like you i always say the same thing "Learn what f2p and p2w is, the real definition of the 2 terms"

F2P = A game that can be enjoyed, without paying for the game. F2P Concept contains microtransactions, that give you time or convenience Bonus ingame, but nothing, that cant be obtained over time.

P2W = A game where you can pay real money, for items / things / whatever - that cant be obtained otherwise and give you a huge bonus over people that doesnt spend money into the game. For example in Eldevin it would be ... a Bound Potion that gives +10% Melee/Sorc/Ranged/Vit/Energy Attributes for xx Min. Or Shop Gear, that is better than obtainable Gear ingame

Eldevin is really the GOD of how F2P Concepts where ment to be in the first place, nothing except time you can buy in the shop. There are people that are better geared / have the stronger character / have higher Craft or Gathering Skills that didnt pay a single $ for this game - and thats what makes a F2P Concept shine over other f2p(p2w) systems - like for example 4story ... where you can (have to) buy stuff from the shop to get the best Items ingame if you are not the most lucky bastard in the universe with a chance of 10 ^ -100 to obtain the best Item ingame without destroying it on the upgrade Process.

PS: STRUYK PLZ JUST GT::::: OUT OF THIS GAME _ JUST DELETE YOUR CHARACTERS _ WHY DO YOU EVEN BOTHER TO PLAY THIS GAME WITH HUNDREDS OF DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS _ WHEN YOU HATE THE GAME SO MUCH? ...

@Devs + Admins cmon it cant be that hard to find out that this guy is struyk with a new account - just ban people playing over proxy and only allow real ips

Who is struyk? Was he smart enough to suggest something like this, but got driven away by this silly community?

So if person buys 20k EPs and exchanges 10k of that to gold and keeps 10k EP. He could very well use these currencies to buy himself loot(even bound loot from dungeons), gear, crafting materials or ANYTHING that exists in the Game, there is no limit to that. Of course, he would have to level normally, but that is easy / meaningless compared to losing meaning of content.

Supporter of more F2P Eldevin

* Make EP points bound!

* Improved Basket
* Removal of Gold Selling in Shop!

* More reasonable skill prices!

* Unembed Gems cost gold instead

Copy & Paste this to your signature if you agree with me. Topic: http://forums.hunted...646#entry846502

#45 Samppa

Samppa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 16:01

With loyalty you can get some shitty stuff, potion being the best of them. I'm aware of its existence...

* Make EP points bound!

* Improved Basket

Copy & Paste this to your signature if you agree with me. Topic: http://forums.hunted...646#entry846502

#46 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 16:03

With loyalty you can get some shitty stuff, potion being the best of them. I'm aware of its existence...

Shitty to you maybe, that does not mean it is shitty to everyone.

Just like your thread is shitty to me, but may not be shitty to everyone. :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#47 Samppa

Samppa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 16:22

Shitty to you maybe, that does not mean it is shitty to everyone.

Just like your thread is shitty to me, but may not be shitty to everyone. :)

Yeah, I care about stats and results. Economic, competition, fair play. I'm all numbers and hardly care for visual equipments and emotes, stuff like that.

* Make EP points bound!

* Improved Basket

#48 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 16:28

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking at some ways to make the game more accommodating to free players however as this is getting a little off-topic I'm going to close it. 

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: