Photo

Game Update 1.33 - Storming the Keep

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
137 replies to this topic

#41 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:22

They also need to keep a balance. This is exactly like EP to use the mail system.

balance is opinion.

one could arguably say the fact you can play the entire game for free is balance enough...and such. 

Not defending them,just doing some devils advocate :D

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#42 Anameisaname

Anameisaname

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:23

Yes, go to a tailor shop in main city, there's a reroll vendor for 250 ep. 

Edited by Anameisaname, 17 June 2015 - 14:24.

#43 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:24

balance is opinion.
one could arguably say the fact you can play the entire game for free is balance enough...and such. 
Not defending them,just doing some devils advocate :D

What you want to call it and what it is are 2 different things.

#44 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:24

It's a company....they want to make money >_>

true, totally agree guthix, i do think though they need to let up a little AND i personally think they need to be making supporter the main money maker, buff it like crazy and use that as their tool, most big buyers of EP will buy regardless unless an idiotic update or two annoy them, with a healthy sized player base the supporter sales would be nice then the extra from EP buyers would be the trick for a f2p imo ;)

#45 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:27

What you want to call it and what it is are 2 different things.

what anyone wants to call it and what it is are 2 different things.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#46 hidulphus

hidulphus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:28

anyone check how much dps u lost after 48?

#47 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:49

ask savanc, he had a thread somewhere or atleast answered a question about this before

I'm sure the experienced can help you with this.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#48 Anameisaname

Anameisaname

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 14:54

The game isn't free, it's just marketing manure, the minority who can have fun just playing a very restrictive game that hurts them everywhere for not paying are just that, a minority. Everyone else leaves or cashes out.

The reason why so many people disagree with me is because those that do agree have mostly left the game. What's left here is a minority who can put up with a lot or just doesn't mind bad service.

Edited by Anameisaname, 17 June 2015 - 14:54.

#49 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 15:28

The game isn't free, it's just marketing manure, the minority who can have fun just playing a very restrictive game that hurts them everywhere for not paying are just that, a minority. Everyone else leaves or cashes out.

The reason why so many people disagree with me is because those that do agree have mostly left the game. What's left here is a minority who can put up with a lot or just doesn't mind bad service.

:rolleyes: :huh: :rolleyes:

You need t review your definition of free - this game is totally free to play, paying will grant you advantage but you are in no way "punished".

I would also question what "bad service" I am receving - any time I have an issue that requires a support ticket it gets dealt withaccordingly, so that service is good. Other than that the team have been implementing numerous features over the past while, but just because it isn't instaneaus doesn't make it bad - they are a small team after all.

Back to the update - looking forward to grinding out my crafting skills over the next few days and checking out the new questlines :wub:

#50 Anameisaname

Anameisaname

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 15:55

You are punished because other people paying gives them an unfair advantage over you that you can't get otherwise. And by service i didn't mean support, stop playing with words, i meant quantity and quality of updates.

This game will just get worse, trust me. Well, better for enrzor.

#51 scorp

scorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 16:08

*removed*

Fire,i like fire.

#52 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 16:15

You are punished because other people paying gives them an unfair advantage over you that you can't get otherwise. And by service i didn't mean support, stop playing with words, i meant quantity and quality of updates.

This game will just get worse, trust me. Well, better for enrzor.

i think a question people more need to ask is whether they enjoy the game, if they do then simply play it well and compete or do better than EP buyers, if u want facts look at hidu, created his own team and worked his way up without spending $ and is rivalling even big EP buyers, easier to complain, i know that offensive true but honestly if u enjoy the game then the facility is there to suceed ;)

#53 luke94

luke94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 17:27

i lost bout 6 or so dps, going full points into sorc

June 2013 (beta) - July 2017

#54 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 17:39

Although you may have lost a few points in base DPS, the gear you will start seeing at level 49 should more than make up for it. If anyone has any questions about the update I'd be happy to answer them and we are aware a few issues we'll be planning to hot-fix tomorrow, like the duplicate Alchemy potions and the non-destroyable Crannoch Crest.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#55 hidulphus

hidulphus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 17:50

anyone figures how to farm or get remnant for lvl 48 armor? 

also what do you think about using core for ingredient for potion? isn't that too overkill?

#56 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 18:08

i lost bout 6 or so dps, going full points into sorc

Although you may have lost a few points in base DPS, the gear you will start seeing at level 49 should more than make up for it.

That's about right

Edited by KeS, 17 June 2015 - 18:15.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#57 RoboChris

RoboChris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 19:08

Where did the nodes in TA go for the new materials?..........  I am very sad right now.

You might as well jut remove all nodes from TA

#58 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 19:31

Where did the nodes in TA go for the new materials?..........  I am very sad right now.

You might as well jut remove all nodes from TA

The issue with potions will be fixed tomorrow, currently no resources @ level 48 can be gathered in TA, it's something we'll look at adding in the future.

Don't know why but that's what has been said...

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#59 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 June 2015 - 19:43

also what do you think about using core for ingredient for potion? isn't that too overkill?

I like it, It means people will still need to go back to Crannoch to get the cores even after completing their gear etc. This would keep the area alive which can't be a bad thing for the game.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#60 kidref

kidref

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 19:49

the time to get the core to the pots think like a overkill, 1 you need pots to grind it fast 2 a team to grind it faster and a ton of hp/stamina pot to farm it non stop (warsin+a class that heal)

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: