153 replies to this topic

#41 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 16:53

i wish i could get my holiday donation now so i can put it too max stam so i dont overflow before the xp event. :(

It should start on 27th through to the 29th. I'd personaly rather hunter after Christmas than before AND also add stamina to my character from the donation :/

#42 NOOSE

NOOSE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2012 - 16:58

Hoof, Grim, Any word on increasing the limit on max stam gold upgrades?

#43 Jonathan69

Jonathan69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 17:37

ok , love the xp event . only thing is last year at this time we had a triple xp event . on pvp things keep changing & will cos no one will be fully happy with it . we all love the game cos we still play & will adapt to the changes , that being said you guys rock keep up the great work .

#44 donalde

donalde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Finland

Posted 14 December 2012 - 17:41

They have to constantly repair gear, sell gold while they level, thus forcing MP to spike up.

Having been doing a hell of a lot of leveling of late, I can tell you right now that I repair constantly and deposit my gold into my bank. It's what the bank is there for. Additionally, your uncalled for name calling has been removed.

Sorry for name calling, I was quite annoyed.

But to get to real issue: When I hunt my 33k stam, I get well over 14M gold. When I hunt, using hidded coffer will tell PvP'rs I have lot of gold in hand. I can buy more gold deposits, I then can deposit every time I reach ... lets say every time I reach 4M, so I can deposit 10 x 1M, which leaves me over 4M in hand. That is guaranteed to attract PvP'r (especially they can easily scan targets). So I need to sell my gold as soon as possible, so around 250k. After few hunts, MP has risen to 300k, and I have to pull my gold 300k at time from bank and sell it for fsp, as no potions can't be bought with gold, everything is sold in fsp.

So, MP will spike very soon, everything is sold in fsp. Is that what is wanted? Oh, and every time some player has even slight amount of gold in hand, he gets mauled by PvP'rs, who always have edge as they can choose time, gear and buffs.

I find this upcoming upgrade really bad, and since less than 300 players voted in less in 24h (not everyone in my guild didn't even had chance to vote), it doesn't really tell what FSH community wants.

#45 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2012 - 17:46

I find this upcoming upgrade really bad, and since less than 300 players voted in less in 24h (not everyone in my guild didn't even had chance to vote), it doesn't really tell what FSH community wants.

It's one of those topics that would never have got a definitive answer I think, hence we made the decision that we felt was best for the game as a whole.

#46 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2012 - 17:49

All I can say is, people thought MP inflation was bad enough already. You watch that thing sky-rocket now that the big earners will have to outbid each other to sell their gold quickly now. :(

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#47 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 17:49

One side effect of this is that it will make it very hard - probably impossible - to keep my guild financially viable. Could you (HCS) please give urgent thought to an alternative way to get money to guilds? Is there any reason why the guild (maximum) tax rate needs to be capped at 25%?

#48 donalde

donalde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Finland

Posted 14 December 2012 - 17:50

It's one of those topics that would never have got a definitive answer I think, hence we made the decision that we felt was best for the game as a whole.

Ok, I get your point why you locked poll. But if you see unwanted effects of that PvP change, do we have any chance to get gold + xp protection back? I am afraid when gold price in MP hits 300k and potions are only available in fsp that low level players start to quit as they get mauled in PvP before they even collect enough gold for trade it to single fsp.

#49 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2012 - 17:51

One side effect of this is that it will make it very hard - probably impossible - to keep my guild financially viable. Could you (HCS) please give urgent thought to an alternative way to get money to guilds? Is there any reason why the guild (maximum) tax rate needs to be capped at 25%?

We're going to make it possible to increase the amount of gold deposits you can make per day with a new Gold Upgrade tonight :)

#50 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 17:53

Donate gold via deposits.

#51 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 17:55

But to get to real issue: That is guaranteed to attract PvP'r (especially they can easily scan targets). So I need to sell my gold as soon as possible, so around 250k. After few hunts, MP has risen to 300k, and I have to pull my gold 300k at time from bank and sell it for fsp, as no potions can't be bought with gold, everything is sold in fsp.

No idea, wth are you talking about? Many players capture the relics at the end of their hunts, holding millions on their hands, that's how, I, for example, find the targets. lol

#52 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 17:56

All I can say is, people thought MP inflation was bad enough already. You watch that thing sky-rocket now that the big earners will have to outbid each other to sell their gold quickly now. :(

Have to agree. There is also the possibility that the MP will stagnate. Now people will only want the gold if they have something to do with it immediately.

I hope I'm wrong - and I hope HCS's experiment works well - but I'm not holding my breath

#53 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 17:59

We'll wait and see how accessible gold depos become after tonights upgrades. Without a lot of them, you still get left with excess gold to deal with.

Still, my question remains: is there a reason why the max guild tax rate shouldn't be increased?

#54 Doginal

Doginal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 18:05

Have you been tweaking with the repair/durability setting? I just did a hunt and lost about 5% using UB200. I was thinking this was off but was wondering if it was HORRIBLE luck until i notice the bar at the top no longer shows percentage of crystalline items so clearly something was being changed.

#55 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 18:12

We'll wait and see how accessible gold depos become after tonights upgrades. Without a lot of them, you still get left with excess gold to deal with.

Still, my question remains: is there a reason why the max guild tax rate shouldn't be increased?

I have had 4 deposit for well over a year now, and haven't seen reason to purchase more as it deposit with these four just over 70% of what I started with- If there are at least 3 purchasable tonight cheaper than 50fsp each, then there shouldn't be any quarrels. At all!

#56 alexlouis

alexlouis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 18:14

Sac 500 as a free early Xmas present = problem solved :wink:

#57 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 18:32

Hoof any chance we could get a new Super Elite this Christmas please :wink:

#58 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 18:55

I cant see any reason why not? We dont even have it maxed, but sure, I'll support that.

I've managed with 4 deposits since I started this guild two years ago, and 2 deposits before that. I've never had any issues getting rid of the rest gold in the MP, in the AH or sending it off to online guildies so they can deposit too :)
Edit: Well, ok.. a very few times, but thats when you buff and gear up until your gold is gone. ;)

I think you will be ok.

#59 purebreed

purebreed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 19:18

Can we please please please get an idea of the start and finish time of the double exp event. Im sure im not the only one that is busy and/or travelling over the Christmas period. I would love to try and plan my time so I can still join in.

#60 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2012 - 19:20

I've just been wondering, the change to the pvp protection upgrade is meant to be for the good of the game, hoof hasn't really explained why except to mention making bank depo's more relevant and is ferociously locking all threads with a cut n paste statement. My question is, is the aim of the change to encourage more to pvp or simply to improve the situation for the minority of pvp gamers who enjoy gold thievery? If it is the former then I'm a little confused as to how you hope to achieve anything except annoying the masses to appease the minorities. It has been said countless times by countless people over the years, if you really want to make pvp popular you have to remove its biggest problem, xp loss, it serves little purpose except to those who get the 'rush' from doing damage.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: