#41 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2014 - 21:49

I'm on ladder for more than 5 months now, and I rememer an occasion were I was out triping with friends, when I get back the Ladder had 2 resets, and I received tokens for both, without even logging in on the game.

Just now the high lvl Ladder (2000 and 2100) it's only with my guildmates (The Evil Dead), it's against the rules? Of course not, they all want to play the Ladder, but if someone from another guild wants to join he will have 9 targets on his back. So, what can we do about it? Punish my guildmates from joining on the Ladder, what is not wrong? Punish player on those ranges for not joining the Ladder, even having 9 targets on his back? No one is wrong about this.

What the Ladders need is new items, so more people will want the Tokens = More people joining.

And I really the idea of 'no opt-in', everyone will be on ladder, wanting it or not.

Make the arena the same then, no limit on the number of guild members joining...

#42 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 June 2014 - 00:28

This post is about the 1000-1099 ladder.. The one lone cat doesn't seem to be having any trouble.. Instead of asking for a change, how about joining in the fun

I'm not asking for a specific change, just pointing out an issue.  Regardless of each ladder outcome RJ, all things being equal, such as buffing, online presence, frequency of hits, the lone wolf doesn't stand a chance.  Just so happens that eg isn't hitting like I know he can, neither is JD, and I know that dude can buff up huge.

....I will be joining...I'm a teacher, I have 2 things to do....teach and kick ass, and guess what's done in 7 days?

DP

Edited by DeadParrot, 22 June 2014 - 00:29.

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#43 valithor

valithor

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:49

I'm not asking for a specific change, just pointing out an issue.  Regardless of each ladder outcome RJ, all things being equal, such as buffing, online presence, frequency of hits, the lone wolf doesn't stand a chance.  Just so happens that eg isn't hitting like I know he can, neither is JD, and I know that dude can buff up huge.

....I will be joining...I'm a teacher, I have 2 things to do....teach and kick ass, and guess what's done in 7 days?

DP

Being the "lone wolf", I can add they were hitting well, and did a great job. JD backed out halfway through the last ladder, but other than that they were hitting and active. To say they aren't hitting like you know they can, or were not buffing up is not accurate. Those boys brought game, and had some great buffs. They are a great group of guys, and excellent at pvp. Proud to have met them.

Better rewards would make competition better of course. Bring on the potions :)

#44 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:57

Make the arena the same then, no limit on the number of guild members joining...

Arena refresh a lot quicker than Ladder, punishing players for joining the Ladder is the worst way to encourage it. What would the preference, for players who joined first? A cooldown so if you joined tthe last you can join the next? That don't work.

With more prizes we will have more people wanting them, simple.

#45 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:44

Arena refresh a lot quicker than Ladder, punishing players for joining the Ladder is the worst way to encourage it. What would the preference, for players who joined first? A cooldown so if you joined tthe last you can join the next? That don't work.

With more prizes we will have more people wanting them, simple.

Well the ladder certainly does not work in its current form in the sense that precisely zero hitting is going on in certain ladders and due to the monopoly held no one wants to join these ladders. The ladder, for EOC at least, currently serves zero purpose and will continue in this way until something fundamental is changed and before anyone suggests it, a massive hell no to the idea of being able to hit your own guildmates, this is a total flight of fantasy and would ruin further and remove any credibility pvp currently has, if any...

#46 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:59

I don't know, Dav, I might like to smack ClearDawn about a bit  :o

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#47 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 15:39

Dominance ticks don't occur on guild only ladders.. These tokens need to be fixed.. It messed up this isn't or wasn't a big issue for years now..

#48 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:56

I keep the idea of kick off the opt-in system, would be lot better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: