Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:44

i think Prestige could with some changes.. what are your thoughts on making prestige gained every 24 hours only from players online within the last 24 hours?

this would promote daily PvP.. and only with those who are active

Would need to give it some thought, but we're not against tweaking it :)

#42 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:45

We won't be removing xp loss from normal PvP and the ladder will be completely replaced by the new tournaments. I don't think we'll be changing how Prestige works :)

Hang on a min, this is a COMPLETE u-turn from recent statements made by BG and yourself (through BG) that XP loss WAS going to be removed from PvP - something that the majority of players active on the forum were in favour of ?

How come the U-Turn ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#43 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:54

Hang on a min, this is a COMPLETE u-turn from recent statements made by BG and yourself (through BG) that XP loss WAS going to be removed from PvP - something that the majority of players active on the forum were in favour of ?

How come the U-Turn ?

It was something we considered, but I talked it over with Radneto and the rest of the team and xp loss is something that's been in the game since day 1 and it's not something we're planning to remove. It's likely we'll make some tweaks to how the loss is calculated (especially at lower levels).

#44 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 22:58

How come the U-Turn ?

Because it's the right thing to do?

PvP, and the XP loss that goes with it is an integral part of the game in my opinion. I followed the threads you refer to and in all honesty those that argued against were systematically silenced. A reason for the proposed removal of XP loss was given but ultimately it was flawed.

PvP needs rehashed not destroyed.

Any clues on how your PvP tournament is going to work Hoof? Would like a heads up so I can get all prepared like :D

Cheers.

wil72

#45 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 November 2014 - 23:01

I have no issue with this. It's quite similar to Clocks idea which, again, I liked. 

While I have no problem with players choosing not to PvP (that is one of the core issues with this situation.) I do believe that, with XP Loss gone, all players ought to have an amount of PvPXP as standard so that they can be PvPed and PvP in turn.

Question! Would it be easier to tie the starting amount of PvPXP to a players current XP total? Not sure one way or another.

Incorrect. I'm all for players having to partake in differing parts of the game to gain the rewards. Why I'm thinking of the change is because XP Loss is proving to be a huge negative effect on players. Their levels are worth something to them, and having them stripped from them by other players is damaging their game experience.

This simply does not work. Far too many people do not come forward about these issues. They just leave. That does not help the game grow.

It was something we considered, but I talked it over with Radneto and the rest of the team and xp loss is something that's been in the game since day 1 and it's not something we're planning to remove. It's likely we'll make some tweaks to how the loss is calculated (especially at lower levels).

I'm surprised and, I have to say, disappointed - esp. after BG's statement that a lot of players are being negatively affected by XP loss in the game - and, let's be honest, he should know, as he deals with the support tickets on that subject.

The 2nd part of his statement is even more disturbing ...

BUT, let's see what your update brings first - no point speculating too much about it yet.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#46 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 23:05

I have 1 question why is it people get nervous 7 spaces from Mayfair with a motel on it ? and they are nearly broke? When you understand this you will understand why real risk is essential to all great games.

#47 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 23:08

Here are some suggestions on how to improve pvp.

1) Deflect is still way over powered, even with anti deflect the rates at which a player gets deflected is way too often and frustrates players new to pvp when they get all buffed up and swing only to get deflected. My suggestion is on a deflected hit, the attacking player should only have to wait 1/2 the time before they can attack again. For example, a deflected hit on the ladder or direct pvp means the attacking player can attack again after 30 minutes instead of waiting the full hour. If a deflected hit occurs on the bounty board, the attacking player only has to wait 1 minute, instead of the full 2 minutes, to swing again.

2) Cloak needs to be revamped! Cloak should have never hidden a players actual stats, just what gear they are wearing to hide setups and arena setups. PvP success comes from making buff calculations based on a players stats, hiding those stats has been a huge detriment to pvp. Hide the gear, not the stats! Also, cloak should not be a buff that lasts for hours, instead the run time on cloak should be around 15 minutes only. This will also create another well needed gold sink especially if the cost of cloak potions increases a bit.

3) 1 bounty for 1 hit needs to be changed back to the original setup. This promotes activity and doesn't reward players for not logging in to post bounties. Bring back the art of hourlies!

4) I certainly agree that the pvp ladder needs to be changed, scraped, or replaced but there are several of us who have 'dominated' the ladders and completely removing our tokens seems a bit unfair. I have over 1400 tokens saved up, waiting for some new gear to invent that players will actually buy again. Some compensation should be given as its cost players, including myself, alot of time, experience,  and FSPs to earn tokens just to have them deleted. My original suggestion was to make pvp token gear crystalline so there would be a reason to collect more tokens and make more gear with them because the gear is getting used and broken. Probably too late for this idea now but I'm sure you see my point in rewarding players who have done well at the current ladder.

Also, I've been working towards being the first player to get my pvp dominance crystal medal and I'm currently 50% there. I'd hate to have that removed because of the enormous amount of time it has taken to earn this medal. This of course is from a selfish point of view.

5) A few buffs are way over powered in pvp. Deflect(see above), but dispel curse and high guard are as close as you can get to a "win" button in pvping or gvging within your level range. I suggest keeping the buffs but making reductions in the buff so you can still calculate the differences and compensate for them when creating your hitting setups. For example, dispel curse might cut the value of dark curse by 50% rather than negating it altogether. Or high guard transfers 1/2 your attack/damage to defense/armor rather than 100% of the stat.

Just a few suggestions, I have plenty more if you're interested. ;)

Edited by Spider0007, 19 November 2014 - 23:09.

#48 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 23:14

4) I certainly agree that the pvp ladder needs to be changed, scraped, or replaced but there are several of us who have 'dominated' the ladders and completely removing our tokens seems a bit unfair. I have over 1400 tokens saved up, waiting for some new gear to invent that players will actually buy again. Some compensation should be given as its cost players, including myself, alot of time, experience,  and FSPs to earn tokens just to have them deleted. My original suggestion was to make pvp token gear crystalline so there would be a reason to collect more tokens and make more gear with them because the gear is getting used and broken. Probably too late for this idea now but I'm sure you see my point in rewarding players who have done well at the current ladder.

+1

After that, I'm very pleased to see what I'm reading.  Will be looking forward to the update! Thank you Hoof!

Edited by Melons, 19 November 2014 - 23:23.

#49 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2014 - 23:27

When we phase out the ladder, we'll give a limited time afterwards to use your remaining PvP Tokens - you won't be able to use them to get the rewards from the new tournament system.

The new tournament system will have new tokens, rewards and medals :)

Great News!!!

#50 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 November 2014 - 23:33

I am looking forward to the update and yes I do remember the original way how pvp was done when I started years ago. I am looking forward to see what kind of update we get. Lots of talk back and forth on updates.  I hope the update will get bb back on its feet again sure missed the old days seeing pages of players to choose from. 

#51 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 November 2014 - 23:37

I started playing a new game yesterday, and I was very impressed with its tutorial.  It was very detailed and introduced game mechanics as well as social aspects of the game step by step.  I went through our tutorial recently and found it lacking.  If it's not too much trouble, do you think our tutorial could be improved to cover more details? If a dev would like to see the game in order to view their tutorial, you know where to find me, won't mention it publicly, of course.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#52 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 23:56

I`m glad to see some interest from Devs again>>>What I`m   seeing the most in this thread is the same ones foaming at the mouth about New improved PVP.  I see and believe this does need to be in the game but if you want more NEW players I feel the old way isnt gonna cut it now. In the US we have new words>>BULLIED, RACIST, ETC. and if you expect new players from here, Pvp just might have to be changed to get them to stay....This thing of ganging up on someone new, taking their gold and levels, and then blaming them for it is Bull and always has been.

Pvp is "player verses player" not player verses guild and if you want to get new players you need to give them half a chance I think....RED

#53 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 00:07

We've not decided what will happen with that yet :)

As you saw with the SE kill count, you can expect to have some passionate people who have dedicated many resources to obtaining Dominance medal achievements. For a while now there has been some gibberish about how the achievements were made trying to belittle the medals. Tread lightly Hoof when considering adjustments to how achievements are made because those changes are literally game changers.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#54 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2014 - 00:07

I`m glad to see some interest from Devs again>>>What I`m   seeing the most in this thread is the same ones foaming at the mouth about New improved PVP.  I see and believe this does need to be in the game but if you want more NEW players I feel the old way isnt gonna cut it now. In the US we have new words>>BULLIED, RACIST, ETC. and if you expect new players from here, Pvp just might have to be changed to get them to stay....This thing of ganging up on someone new, taking their gold and levels, and then blaming them for it is Bull and always has been.

Pvp is "player verses player" not player verses guild and if you want to get new players you need to give them half a chance I think....RED

The tournaments will be designed to be fair and fun - once you see how we're planning to add them I think you'll like it a lot :)

#55 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2014 - 00:09

As you saw with the SE kill count, you can expect to have some passionate people who have dedicated many resources to obtaining Dominance medal achievements. For a while now there has been some gibberish about how the achievements were made trying to belittle the medals. Tread lightly Hoof when considering adjustments to how achievements are made because those changes are literally game changers.

I'd think it would most likely be a new medal for the new tournaments and the Dominance one would remain a 'legacy' medal from the old system - downside of that is that no-one would then be able to get it or advance the 'old' medal. Something we'll need to think about for sure :)

#56 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 00:12

Considering there is another very successful game that started after this one that has a very active pvp component to it that gets 7 million individual players a month online I do not think that is quite true.

Edited by katatonic, 20 November 2014 - 00:13.

#57 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 00:16

The tournaments will be designed to be fair and fun - once you see how we're planning to add them I think you'll like it a lot :)

I was actually referring to getting new players to this game with my post..

#58 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 00:19

PvP can be a lot of fun, and many people have a negative impression of it.  I really hope this PvP update will slowly remove that barrier that exists between the two sides, and allow more to experience PvP as fun. 

#59 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 00:22

Considering there is another very successful game that started after this one that has a very active pvp component to it that gets 7 million individual players a month online I do not think that is quite true.

I dont know the game<<Do you have to Hunt, buy gear, level as you do in this game??

#60 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2014 - 00:23

Ah ok - in that regard I think we just need to introduce the PvP aspects of the game to new players better. Back in the day we actually had a quest where you required a certain PvP Rating (when it used to be a global rating) to advance in it. I'm not saying we add PvP related quests back in, but I'm thinking more along the lines of as we change the start of the game to introduce the different elements of it, PvP should be included in this so new players understand how it works :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: