Photo

Composing - In Detail (Revision 1.1)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
401 replies to this topic

Poll: Composing Poll (395 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think revision 1.1 of Composing should be added to the game?

1. Yes (350 votes [88.61%])

Percentage of vote: 88.61%

2. No (45 votes [11.39%])

Percentage of vote: 11.39%

Do you think Distil should work with Composed potions?

1. Yes (324 votes [82.03%])

Percentage of vote: 82.03%

2. No (71 votes [17.97%])

Percentage of vote: 17.97%

Vote

#41 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:50

like this we have  farmers,merchants,inventors ...each one of us like a part of this game ,no one really do all the parts of this game... all new things in the game have to be for all kinds of players

#42 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:51

Something to keep in mind when looking at the list of buffs and the buff levels.

When releasing something like this, It is better to start off potentially underwhelming. I get that people would like a lot of high level buffs here and there. This can be added in the future, once the dust settles and the community gets a feel of what could be improved.

The same with the list of buffs. There are a lot which are missing. Once it is working well, more buffs and features can be added.

It's much better to adjust up, than it is to nerf. People get a lot angrier when things get nerfed.

#43 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:52

Those of us that discussed it thought that Distil shouldn't work for the following reasons.

1. The reason I listed above, about spell leech / spell breaker not working on it

2. The multitude of buffs (well, up to 5) that could be in any given potion

3. The maximum duration of them being up to 5 hrs.

I guess tho, if enough players are adamant about distil working, then Hoof will listen :)

Well i can understand not wanting to make these too overpowered, but to be honest distil level 50 isn't that big of a boost in most cases. But, to keep in conversation with your post.......

1. As i said in my post, there are a multitude of potions in-game already that are not able to be touched by SB or SL, yet they can be distilled. Unless these composed potions are going to be a "new" type of item altogether then i see no need to block the distilling of them.

2. There are already multiple buff containing potions in the game, and those too are allowed to be distilled. So, I'm not seeing the separation reasons needed to make these potions unable to be distilled still.

3. Ok, so duration of the potions really shouldn't have anything to do with distil in my opinion. If anything since they will have long duration possibly, then Brew Master should not work on them in that regard. 

But, like you said, if enough people are adamant about the distillation of these potions then perhaps Hoof will listen. HOOF! Distil level 50, Special section AH, sits idle and does not sink gold. Composing potions ONLY able to be distilled by those potions, people will bid on them once again, more gold sunk as a side effect. I honestly think that is the best route to take with this.

#44 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:59

Something to keep in mind when looking at the list of buffs and the buff levels.

When releasing something like this, It is better to start off potentially underwhelming. I get that people would like a lot of high level buffs here and there. This can be added in the future, once the dust settles and the community gets a feel of what could be improved.

The same with the list of buffs. There are a lot which are missing. Once it is working well, more buffs and features can be added.

It's much better to adjust up, than it is to nerf. People get a lot angrier when things get nerfed.

Ok. bry, where was this common sense your speaking during most of the last game additions and upgrades? you sure picked a great time to bring common sense into the game lol.

#45 steveanaya

steveanaya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:01

can we have the ability to start breaking down items already? getting antsy about this and would love to be able to do something with my stamina

#46 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:11

Ok. bry, where was this common sense your speaking during most of the last game additions and upgrades? you sure picked a great time to bring common sense into the game lol.

This is a bit off topic so I won't go into too much detail.

I can't speak directly for HCS, however a perception I have seen is:

When something new comes out, players envisage it to supersede an existing parameter in the game. Examples could be things like more stamina gain on new epics, Higher stats on gear or higher buff skills on potions.

This is a bit of a catch 22 and has in turn bitten the bovines in the rump more often than not lately.

As they try to feed the "more more more" expectation which the players now have, HCS have gotten to the point where in some cases they leave players disillusioned, and create rifts. Examples of this can be seen in things like the Inventing potions above level 500. Essentially we are now at a point where if it's not a win key, it's mediocre.

Composing will give HCS the opportunity to introduce something to the game, without being game breaking, and improve it as needed after people have had a reasonable time to experiment with it.

#47 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:49

One problem i see, well, it's not a real problem, is lot of players already have done a lot of quests, and will not be so easy to them to obtain Rare itens, i think that's can be good, maybe, because that makes things more 'fair' for the low lvl players which have a lot of quests to do yet.

But i think HCS don't need to uhrry so much on this, think the things better and release when it's ready, but i'll love if HCS can create ASAP the oportunity to break things already, even without the ability to create anything.

#48 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:51

One problem i see, well, it's not a real problem, is lot of players already have done a lot of quests, and will not be so easy to them to obtain Rare itens, i think that's can be good, maybe, because that makes things more 'fair' for the low lvl players which have a lot of quests to do yet.

But i think HCS don't need to uhrry so much on this, think the things better and release when it's ready, but i'll love if HCS can create ASAP the oportunity to break things already, even without the ability to create anything.

Not sure if you are aware, but Champs drop Rare items, i.e. http://guide.fallens...w&item_id=10439

#49 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:00

.. as are a lot of potions (doubt they'd be used for fragmentation tho) - and more than a few low level drops.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#50 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:03

Not sure if you are aware, but Champs drop Rare items, i.e. http://guide.fallens...w&item_id=10439

I know that, :)

Evilbry and Pardoux, you guys have any idea on when HCS will release that?

#51 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:25

The standard HCS reply would be "When it's ready", or my workmates reply would be "how long is a piece of string".

It's hard to say how soon it will be till it is released. There will be some art requirements before it can come into the game and that will depend on artists being able to fit time in for this.

My understanding (and this is by no means set in stone) is that the fragmentation portion will be available first, so people are able to break items down. Composing will likely follow very shortly after. Composing will require a lot more artist time.

Once there is a wide level of general agreement on the idea, Coders can then roll their sleeves up and start working on the back end (I'm sure there's a dirty joke in there somewhere).

One thing I am sure of though, is that HCS will give reasonable advance warning before this goes live.

#52 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:28

What Bry said :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#53 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:34

Hoof’s Ultimate Potion [120m]
Librarian 200
Adept Learner 200
Coordinated Attack 250
Animal Magnetism 250
Doubler 350

This potions would require:
10 + 10 + 13 + 13 + 18 = 64 * 4 (because of the duration) = 256 Common Fragments
8 + 8 + 10 + 10 + 15 = 51 * 4 = 204 Rare Fragments
4 + 4 + 7 + 7 + 12 = 34 * 4 =  136 Unique Fragments
1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 10 * 4 = 40 Legendary Fragments
0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 2 = 2 * 4 = 8 Super Elite Fragments
0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 = 1 * 4 = 4 Crystalline Fragments

Gold Cost = 1250 * 120 = 150,000 gold

if i read this right to have this combo pot last for the max 300 mins that would require *2.5 the amount of each fragments that a heck of alot of fragments this seems a good idea but to get the big pots at a decent length of time it seems its gonna cost a fortune in different items

#54 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:47

I do not like the fixed time. The time needed to create a potion should depend on potion and on your composing level.

#55 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:10

There will be some art requirements before it can come into the game and that will depend on artists being able to fit time in for this.

Wouldn't it be easier on the artists if they could just do 3 potion drawings? One for Offensive, Defensive, and Special like the buffing skill tree. They could even use the same colors so that people know what type of potion they're holding. I think someone even suggested allowing users to pick the color/potion image they wanted so they could make their own personal item for their preference.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#56 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:13

Are there really this many excess items in the game?

The OFSG indicates there are about 4500 deep helms in the game. This means that 110 players each trying to create one of something like Hoofs Ultimte potion would  use them all.  There are about 500 different legendary items; most are higher level than deep and so give more fragments, but most are not as cheap as a deep helm and so won't be wasted on a one-off potion. Even with just 1000 people (?) wanting to make one uber potion each week (?) will the item-economics really work out without needing to run lots of legendary/crystal events to replenish the supply of redundant LE items?

There is a choice to make about whether this becomes a cheap (i.e. generally affordable) craft that lots of people partake in, or an elite craft. To be the former, the use of LE items (and above) probably needs to set a higher value on the LE(and beyond) items.

(added as edit): perhaps HCS has already done the following calculations, but it would be a useful excercise if they haven't (and no one else has the data to do so). How many zombie brew potions (for example) are consumed each week? How many LE fragments would it take to sustain even 10% of that usage level, and how does that number compare with the number of redundant LE items available to active players? This would be an important check on whether composing will be accessible as a popular, or elite, or highly privileged activity

#57 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:14

Wouldn't it be easier on the artists if they could just do 3 potion drawings? One for Offensive, Defensive, and Special like the buffing skill tree. They could even use the same colors so that people know what type of potion they're holding. I think someone even suggested allowing users to pick the color/potion image they wanted so they could make their own personal item for their preference.

That's sort of what is on the cards if I understand correctly (mentioned in a post I made earlier in the thread).

There's a balance though given how many buffs will be available there needs to be a decent way to visually tell them apart. Up to HCS for this though.

#58 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:04

Good revision ,As soon as you make lots of Realm LE's events it would be great for game :) But please look at the skills you are picking !.. Shield Wall level 250 insane boost for defensive setups ... where is Armor booster to balance that?

#59 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:10

Don't know the right numbers to work on, but i'll post my idea:

60 Common Shards => 1 Rare Shard.
20 Rare Shards => 1 unique Shard.
15 Unique Shards => 1 Legendary Shard
10 Legendary => 1 Super Elite Shard
5 Super Elite Shards=> 1 Crystalline

I really believe that can be a good idea, in about 3 months all the worhtless LE and Cryst itens will desapear from FS, maybe that can be a way to make the things easier to keep the things going.
We need to remember than Commom, Unique, Rare and SE always spots, but Cryst and LE only spots on events, if HCS don't make an event on each month, all the composing idea will stop, the itens will be so rare to find that the 'offer and demand' thing will rule with high prices, making all the Composing idea die.

And a LOT of these itens are Guild Tagged, if the 'Guild Bound' doesn't work like a RP Pack (for all members on the guild), I can't see a reason for someone untag these itens for personal porpouses. The buffs need to be shared, even if it cost a lot more gold (but can't cost a lot more Shards even way).
Maybe create a code where only tagged itens can be broken to create 'Guild Bound', potions I don't know...

#60 Zennaro

Zennaro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:49

I think that not only should distil work on it I think that brewing master should work as well.

Virtually yours,

Zennaro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: