#41 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2014 - 20:18

If there's a bounty up and not yet expired, anyone can clear it. It's what the bounty board is for. Yoda did nothing wrong imo. Especially no malicious or cheap intent. The target was maybe upset that he was close to getting his bounty expired?  :rolleyes:

Anyhow, the reactions on this OP are also uncalled for.

Yoda is a little green man who speaks with twisted grammar, and from time to time likes to take bounties.

May the force be with you.

#42 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 20:46

If there's a bounty up and not yet expired, anyone can clear it. It's what the bounty board is for. Yoda did nothing wrong imo. Especially no malicious or cheap intent. The target was maybe upset that he was close to getting his bounty expired?  :rolleyes:

Anyhow, the reactions on this OP are also uncalled for.

Yoda is a little green man who speaks with twisted grammar, and from time to time likes to take bounties.

May the force be with you.

Liked that because the bolded bit made me laugh. Cheers!

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#43 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 20:50

I'm learning so much... So I have another question... what is the negative to not allowing bounty hunters to be bountied? It almost seems as if the same argument can be made about the PVP ladder... People say pvp ladder hits should not be bountied because you know what your getting into... wouldn't the same be true for people who end up on the bounty board? Thanks in advanced for educating me.

5 lvl each bounty -> empty Bounty Board -> even more complaints from both sides

#44 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 20:57

5 lvl each bounty -> empty Bounty Board -> even more complaints from both sides

Sorry but your dealing with a noob here... so if someone clears a bounty with 100 stam x 10 = 5 levels?

with regard to empty bounty board, there is currently 1 so not sure that helps the argument although 1 > 0.

and to the final point, both sides will complain? Bounty hunter will complain because they can't be bountied? and the person that was bountied will complain that they were cleared? again... sorry.. please speak to me as a noob.

#45 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 21:05

I'm learning so much... So I have another question... what is the negative to not allowing bounty hunters to be bountied? It almost seems as if the same argument can be made about the PVP ladder... People say pvp ladder hits should not be bountied because you know what your getting into... wouldn't the same be true for people who end up on the bounty board? Thanks in advanced for educating me.

you'd have to limit the immunity of the bounty hunter to those who only use 10 stamina attacks.. or just the bounty hunter who cleared the bounty since giving immunity to 10 stamina attacks would just let guilds come at players with 9/10 deleveling parties who are immune to counter bountys.. 18% a level per person with only 90 stamina used could make it easy to drop levels.. 

so just letting the bounty hunter who cleared the bounty with 10 stamina attacks off the hook from a counter bounty is kinda like being rewarded for bringing back the bounty back alive, instead of dead ;)

i personally don't think the BB should be compared or associated with the PvP Ladder in any way..

#46 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 21:06

Sorry but your dealing with a noob here... so if someone clears a bounty with 100 stam x 10 = 5 levels?

with regard to empty bounty board, there is currently 1 so not sure that helps the argument although 1 > 0.

and to the final point, both sides will complain? Bounty hunter will complain because they can't be bountied? and the person that was bountied will complain that they were cleared? again... sorry.. please speak to me as a noob.

No consequences -> more bounty hunters -> 100 stam x all bounty hunters x 9-10 -> 5 lvls

Bounty hunters will complain about empty bounty board. Now, it's a mind game. Don't ruin it. 

Edited by avvakum, 12 February 2014 - 21:06.

#47 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 21:53

to ponder also, if you were to get your gold BH medal after such a change would you then feel it is a great as someone who earned it two years ago, although before the change to 5 level max drop one could also ponder, i thought on this and i would feel like i cheated death with NO chance of repercussion, i will probably go for silver this year and it would take something from my medal and in fairness there isnt many medals for engaging in ruff n tumble, it is a stem of pvp afterall.

#48 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 21:54

Y0DA, you didn't make anything against any 'PvP Rule' mambo jambo, you take a bounty, cleared with 10stam attacks. I know no one should expect a de-level party back for that, but on that case (trash talk and bounty about to expire) we tought you deserve it, so we did.

That's just ONE SIMPLE CASE on a very used system (BB), and usually things works just fine, I don't think we need more 'rules' on BB, the risk is part of the fun. Everytime you hit on a bounty you should be able to lose 5 lvls back (need something around 40x100stam for that), I'm not a expectional bounty hunter (25% towards silver yet), but I never got bountied back for a 10stam clear, as I said, that is just ONE CASE that happened.

My advice, if someone is threating you when you're doing 10stam hits, start to smash with 100stam, and save your rage to 100stam again when you find him on the board in the future. I have did this in the and works just fine.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 12 February 2014 - 21:54.

#49 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 February 2014 - 22:13

Well just who made the rule if a bounty is about to expire some one can't take the bounty???? I would say sad losers that think they run the game... Get real here you take 5 levels for that????? Sounds like a gang of street THUGS saying you can't come on our turf.... Load of Crap that HCS lets certain Players and Guilds get away with.. But then why should any one expect any thing less???? 

#50 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 23:08

Well just who made the rule if a bounty is about to expire some one can't take the bounty???? I would say sad losers that think they run the game... Get real here you take 5 levels for that????? Sounds like a gang of street THUGS saying you can't come on our turf.... Load of Crap that HCS lets certain Players and Guilds get away with.. But then why should any one expect any thing less???? 

This is hog wash -  yghorbb cleary stated that it was a combination of trash talk and a soon to expire bounty - please when complaining use all the facts.

If I personally choose to take a bounty that is my call - If I choose to use 10 or 100 stam this is my call - I support the right to counter bounty - I do not support the claim to take levels or counter bounty cause something has an experation date or is close to it.

I also agree with yghorbb said if someone doesn't appreciate being cleared with ten stam attacks my advise is use 100 - it's a pity I am restricted to only 100 as I've personally met people in game I would enjoy sharing 1000 stam or more per hit and would seriously increase my stam to do so more regularly.

This topic aside from the complaints and total de-railment of the OP was misused in my eyes. I feel the bounty board is fine - I would even go as far to say I support pvp ladder bounties - that's how much I enjoy my pvp - Dad once said it's for breakfeast and I believe him - if you haven't dropped a player 5 levels in one shot your missing out on some serious excitment lol

However jokes aside - Good and bad things happen in life as they do in game - I do not support trash talk - I do not support counter bounties for something silly like it was expiring - but this is my opinion. Not everyone shares the same thought or belief which is fine. I think what might be needed is a new thread - with positive ideas by an OP that wasn't butt hurt while on the bb. An in such a new thread explaining why they feel somethings wrong - along with positive ideas on a fix.

Being able to counter bounty is a vital aspect of the bb and shouldn't be removed. There should be no control on how much stam is allowed to clear no limit on how many can clear a single bounty and if such and such would like to counter - I support freedom of options.

If you or anyone felt as though someone or some people did you wrong I believe you have bounties you should post period.

#51 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 23:50

I think what might be needed is a new thread - with positive ideas by an OP that wasn't butt hurt while on the bb. An in such a new thread explaining why they feel somethings wrong - along with positive ideas on a fix.

it will only turn into bickering, back and forth 'lack of a budge' arguments and HCS not doing a thing.. then locked.. how it's been for years

a huge system tweak and more (actual) attention is needed for PvP to be popular and enjoyed by the masses in this game.. and ignore the 'hardcore' pvp community.. seriously no offense, but for this game to evolve and for PvP to actually be accepted and embraced by more who play, you have to over step those who wish for nothing to change because they can police and dominate with their numbers and alliances by using system how it works currently. ignore the demand for keeping things how it is because of risk and the old ways and etc.. 

PvP could be such a huge part of daily gaming for Fallen Sword if HCS took chances and reduced the penalty for actually attacking another player.. never understood why you could lose 5 levels because of one attack that took 1-10% XP and some gold.. how does that encourage the majority of players to attack one another? it doesn't.. it lets a small part of this community get thrills from such a flawed system

#52 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:44

Let's get this straight, you're not doing anyone a favor. You're not going out of your way to help someone with no benefit to yourself at all. So, now that the reality of it is in play, here's what i have to say : because you're getting something out of it, be it a medal, reward, just like hitting people, you're taking the chance of losing 5 levels. Plain and simple. No discussion here.

Just to go along with you : If anything, the people are flawed. The system is set in place correctly. You hit someone, for whatever reason, and you have the chance to get deleveled. If you do not agree to that, don't hit anyone.

#53 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:25

This is hog wash -  yghorbb cleary stated that it was a combination of trash talk and a soon to expire bounty - please when complaining use all the facts.

If I personally choose to take a bounty that is my call - If I choose to use 10 or 100 stam this is my call - I support the right to counter bounty - I do not support the claim to take levels or counter bounty cause something has an experation date or is close to it.

I also agree with yghorbb said if someone doesn't appreciate being cleared with ten stam attacks my advise is use 100 - it's a pity I am restricted to only 100 as I've personally met people in game I would enjoy sharing 1000 stam or more per hit and would seriously increase my stam to do so more regularly.

This topic aside from the complaints and total de-railment of the OP was misused in my eyes. I feel the bounty board is fine - I would even go as far to say I support pvp ladder bounties - that's how much I enjoy my pvp - Dad once said it's for breakfeast and I believe him - if you haven't dropped a player 5 levels in one shot your missing out on some serious excitment lol

However jokes aside - Good and bad things happen in life as they do in game - I do not support trash talk - I do not support counter bounties for something silly like it was expiring - but this is my opinion. Not everyone shares the same thought or belief which is fine. I think what might be needed is a new thread - with positive ideas by an OP that wasn't butt hurt while on the bb. An in such a new thread explaining why they feel somethings wrong - along with positive ideas on a fix.

Being able to counter bounty is a vital aspect of the bb and shouldn't be removed. There should be no control on how much stam is allowed to clear no limit on how many can clear a single bounty and if such and such would like to counter - I support freedom of options.

If you or anyone felt as though someone or some people did you wrong I believe you have bounties you should post period.

Not my fight but maybe a Clue as to what started the trash talk...  But I have been told to get off a bounty here before.... So I can say what my reaction was... And have seen a few since I started playing with it on their Bio's about if some one took a Bounty that the player wanted to expire what would happen... So really that is what I would call Harassment... Again it is what some Players and Guilds do and most time can get away with it... I am not really referring to this one time here I am speaking in General terms but this is a Good place to bring it up....

#54 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:58

So let's see, someone made up a rule that 10 stam clears are 'clean' and shouldn't be counter bountied, then got upset because oh my god! they got bountied! All the while knowing fully well that ANY hit on a bounty can be counter bountied!

Wow!! Stop everything at once! what injustice! an imaginary rule got broken! the game is falling apart! We need to immediately change things!

To repeat what some good folks have already said, nothing is broken, none of the reasons or back and forth matter, game allows bounty hunter to be counter bountied, you take a bounty at your own risk, that's what makes PVP fun! The risk, the fight! If you don't like losing XP, stay away from the board, don't go after the hunter medal without the mindset to PVP then complain about it because you wanted to get it without any risk whatsoever and it didn't work out.

You want to live by some honor code, good for you, people in the game are free to play as they choose, do not try to impose your honor code on others by legislating it via rules through loud complaints because people aren't following your self imposed honor code.

Next time you see those folks on the board hit back or let it go, don't try to ruin a well functioning aspect of the game because it doesn't fit your narrow vision of how it should be played.

#55 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:18

Last time I got dropped 5 on the board, I went and dropped each of the hitters 5 back and met some really fun and good people in the process!

Maybe I should've made up some imaginary rule that made me look like a victim and come out to the forum and cried about it but it wouldn't have been half as much fun and I'd have missed meeting some fun people that get and enjoy PVP.

Levels and XP come and go, with all these epic pots, double XP events and champ loopholes its never been easier, especially for EOCers like yourself. Lighten up, get into the PVP spirit, lose a few levels take a few levels and see this for what it is, a game.

#56 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:43

So let's see, someone made up a rule that 10 stam clears are 'clean' and shouldn't be counter bountied, then got upset because oh my god! they got bountied! All the while knowing fully well that ANY hit on a bounty can be counter bountied!

Wow!! Stop everything at once! what injustice! an imaginary rule got broken! the game is falling apart! We need to immediately change things!

To repeat what some good folks have already said, nothing is broken, none of the reasons or back and forth matter, game allows bounty hunter to be counter bountied, you take a bounty at your own risk, that's what makes PVP fun! The risk, the fight! If you don't like losing XP, stay away from the board, don't go after the hunter medal without the mindset to PVP then complain about it because you wanted to get it without any risk whatsoever and it didn't work out.

You want to live by some honor code, good for you, people in the game are free to play as they choose, do not try to impose your honor code on others by legislating it via rules through loud complaints because people aren't following your self imposed honor code.

Next time you see those folks on the board hit back or let it go, don't try to ruin a well functioning aspect of the game because it doesn't fit your narrow vision of how it should be played.

Would you clear a bounty if you lost 5 levels each time? If the "risk" is being bountied, thats fine as I did not complain when the first bounty was placed on me and was cleared honorably. My complaint came when the SECOND bounty was placed with a delevel party.  Being counter bountied is one thing, being victim of a delevel party for a clean clear is in a whole new league. 99% of the time, clean clearing a bounty would NOT result in a delevel party. If I'd have known that clearing his bounty would result in losing 5 levels, I obviously would not have taken it. But since there is "risk" of it happening, does that mean that we should avoid the BB all together? Reduce the participation rate even more?

The fact of the matter is, the BB is flawed, just look at the number of bounties....

I think most would agree that the bounty is NOT a "well functioning" aspect of the game...

Talk about complaining, what about a player that is on the bounty board already and gets his bounty clean cleared, yet gets mad about it and delevels the clearer? THAT is the childish act here.

#57 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:23

Would you clear a bounty if you lost 5 levels each time? If the "risk" is being bountied, thats fine as I did not complain when the first bounty was placed on me and was cleared honorably. My complaint came when the SECOND bounty was placed with a delevel party.  Being counter bountied is one thing, being victim of a delevel party for a clean clear is in a whole new league. 99% of the time, clean clearing a bounty would NOT result in a delevel party. If I'd have known that clearing his bounty would result in losing 5 levels, I obviously would not have taken it. But since there is "risk" of it happening, does that mean that we should avoid the BB all together? Reduce the participation rate even more?

The fact of the matter is, the BB is flawed, just look at the number of bounties....

I think most would agree that the bounty is NOT a "well functioning" aspect of the game...

Talk about complaining, what about a player that is on the bounty board already and gets his bounty clean cleared, yet gets mad about it and delevels the clearer? THAT is the childish act here.

We already have explained our reasons, did you agreed or not doesn't matter, you posted this thread wanting an answer and you have it, now let's stop this non-sense insults.

The BB is working the way it's planned to work, yes you can lose 5 each time you accept a bounty, yeah that's a risk we all assume when we start any bounty, that's the reason why everyone should be careful when accepting bounties.

If the bounties was not about to expire and if you did not trash talked we would not dropped you 5, how I've already said before, that's ONE SIMPLE CASE that happened, that doesn't happens all the time.

That's my last post on this thread, because we all have said everything we want to, if you think HCS needs to change the BB, create a new thread with a good proposal about it. No one will earn anything here.

#58 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:41

We already have explained our reasons, did you agreed or not doesn't matter, you posted this thread wanting an answer and you have it, now let's stop this non-sense insults.

The BB is working the way it's planned to work, yes you can lose 5 each time you accept a bounty, yeah that's a risk we all assume when we start any bounty, that's the reason why everyone should be careful when accepting bounties.

If the bounties was not about to expire and if you did not trash talked we would not dropped you 5, how I've already said before, that's ONE SIMPLE CASE that happened, that doesn't happens all the time.

That's my last post on this thread, because we all have said everything we want to, if you think HCS needs to change the BB, create a new thread with a good proposal about it. No one will earn anything here.

yghorbb - I agree it is time to put this one to bed.

I said earlier that we should avoid this degenerating into flames. I say that again.

I also reiterate that both sides have made their positions clear. There is inherent risk in taking any bounty, you may not get thanked for a 10 stam clear. You may get bountied and delevelled for that action. These things are permissible within the rules of the game.

My guildie has questioned this, as is his right. He has defended his position as he sees fit, which is what forums are for - so we can exchange views, even and especially those that are strongly opposed.

You and others have made your responses, as you have every right to. As you can see, I do not disagree with some of them. I have no intention here, or now, of carrying that debate forward, as I think it would be currently fruitless.

Big Grim noted the topic and asked for suggestions - some have been made.

I would like an HCS response, but we are not owed one, to be honest.

I respectfully ask everyone to cool their jets.

If we wish to return to the subject of creating a certain circumstance in which a BH can be free from  counter bounty, let it be discussed in a new thread.

I thank everyone for contributing their point of view to this thread.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#59 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:11

Being counter bountied is one thing, being victim of a delevel party for a clean clear is in a whole new league. 99% of the time, clean clearing a bounty would NOT result in a delevel party.

So looks like you're in the 1% there. You've been told why you were dropped and still you don't like the answer.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#60 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 14:23

So looks like you're in the 1% there. You've been told why you were dropped and still you don't like the answer.

Because it was bull.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: