Guild Founder's Protest for a Rank Name

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Guild Founder's be able name their own rank? (228 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Guild Founder's be able name their own rank?

1. Voted Yes (193 votes [84.65%])

Percentage of vote: 84.65%

2. Voted No (35 votes [15.35%])

Percentage of vote: 15.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 fs_death36

fs_death36
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:49

i for one think its a amazing idea im always up for something new and this would be fun to see all the different names the founders can come up with lets have this done

#42 fs_chezo

fs_chezo
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:11

as always its a nice idea but its not a necessity. Frankly, I am my guild's founder. I -have- my personal ranking however because someone I can trust is willing to sit in the boring space and make the adjustments as necessary when something new is added to the game that the top founder has to assign to ranks. There are work arounds. Having it be a default would be awesome, but with so many other things of more importance in the game in terms of playability - I'd rather have the time put towards that, than towards something like this.

Fallensword is a constantly evolving game. :) Thanks for your input and yes it would be awesome in my eyes too :)

#43 aryann

aryann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:28

+1

#44 luke1976

luke1976

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:18

I have mixed feelings but overall I think it would improve the game for the Guild Founder to able to create his/her rank. So I hope HCS will consider it and see if it would be a beneficial change to implement

#45 Necra

Necra

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:19

i disagree. it is a grand gesture to share the top spot. makes your other leaders feel trust worthy and proud not only that is shows others in guild they and one day earn that ability given the opportunity. a single monarchy is not always a good thing ( some times yes ) . i would have agreed with you like a year ago. but, i have had some time to ponder and think about it and watch other guilds. " if its not broken, don't fix it!" there are allot of other fixes that need attention 1st

#46 fs_ladyeliza

fs_ladyeliza
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:20

Everyone in the game should be able to have a personal rank imo.

#47 fs_edog777

fs_edog777
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:02

Knowing what some of the current and past guild founders have put into the game on so many different levels, I think if they would prefer a specific rank they should definitely be able to have one. I also like Tangtop's idea about the separate text to still easily identify the officers in the guild. That seems ideal to me.

#48 cleardawn

cleardawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:32

We change foundership often..so i get a rank look in, but i don't think just being 'founder' is much fun, players should be able to amend the rank if they so wish. I'm sure it would be a simple enough adjustment to make to the game..options are always a good thing :)

#49 fs_ragingwave

fs_ragingwave
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 20:30

It's fine by me, but does noone else feel that other aspects, like the new map system promised ages ago, should get some priority? The Alpha test server is making no progress, since neither buffs nor potions are functional. I don't think that implementing something that already works in FS into a test server would be too much of a challenge, either. Not to mention the loads of other aspects in the game that need fixing. If it's not broken... don't fix it.

#50 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 21:00

If it's not broken... don't fix it.

#51 budro

budro

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 21:32

I think being able to have a unique rank would be a very positive thing and frankly long over due, I’ve seen people that change their rank name to fit a mood or just for a laugh. At the end of the day we know who the founder is so why is it so important that they are stuck with one permanent rank or name. Seems to me it’s time to let those who sit at the head of the table have a little fun in that regard.

#52 fs_dragon6722

fs_dragon6722
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:22

yes the guild founders should be able to get there own personal rank if they are like my guild founder they are what keeps the guild going most with there monitary support and and giudance to new players

#53 fs_void000

fs_void000
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:53

total agree. could always put "(Guild Founder)" next to the personalized rank name or something like that, just to avoid any possible confusion.

#54 ARMAGEDD

ARMAGEDD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:47

If your in the topspot of a guild then its plain to see by one and all who is founder..
having the ability to change founders rank name would in my mind be a good addition.
i'd dread to think what the highwaymen would come up with for my rank if i ran a comp hehe.
it would do no harm and give founders of fs the chance to be involved in the rank name changing to suit mood or just for a laugh.

#55 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 23:07

98-16 in favor of a custom guild founder rank...pretty overwhelming vote but where are the cows to comment

#56 fs_dsjupiter

fs_dsjupiter
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2011 - 23:11

98-16 in favor of a custom guild founder rank...pretty overwhelming vote but where are the cows to comment

Im sure this is the last thing they would care about right now honestly. Lots of other things need to be done in the game first. Which is why i voted no on it. Sure guild founders should have a custom rank (if able to identify them other than "oh hes at the top hes the guild founder") but in all honesty can we fix other issues with the game first?

#57 fs_ragingwave

fs_ragingwave
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:43

Im sure this is the last thing they would care about right now honestly. Lots of other things need to be done in the game first. Which is why i voted no on it. Sure guild founders should have a custom rank (if able to identify them other than "oh hes at the top hes the guild founder") but in all honesty can we fix other issues with the game first?

+1. I've returned to this topic multiple times, only to find that not a single supporter has addressed the priorities issue. I'd like to see one now, if my opinion is to be swayed at all..

#58 fs_dsjupiter

fs_dsjupiter
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:59

+1. I've returned to this topic multiple times, only to find that not a single supporter has addressed the priorities issue. I'd like to see one now, if my opinion is to be swayed at all..

Arena,
PvP ladder,
Servers,
New map system promised a while back,
The cows mentioned some new features that were supposed to be coming out within the news couple weeks after the next content update (which was this most recent one) so let the founders be founders and give the cows feedback as to what needs to be fixed in this game, not what we would like changed

#59 KingHomer

KingHomer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:40

Although not as important as some other issues in the game, this would be a nice option to have.

Could possibly do the same sort of thing as for the "Game Admin" icon and text (see picture)....but with Guild Founder instead.

Posted Image
^^^Just change that up a little^^^

Chezo
Big Cheez of Order of the Blue Rose
Guild Founder

Where "Big Cheez" is the rank and "Guild Founder" is the officer title.

Maybe this coding is not as hard as I thought, so I vote yes based on the above two ideas.

#60 fs_chezo

fs_chezo
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:10

Arena,
PvP ladder,
Servers,
New map system promised a while back,
The cows mentioned some new features that were supposed to be coming out within the news couple weeks after the next content update (which was this most recent one) so let the founders be founders and give the cows feedback as to what needs to be fixed in this game, not what we would like changed

If you have other issues in the game you would like to be talked about, perhaps you should consider making a thread, this one is clearly marked as having to do with Guild Founder's Rank names only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: