Photo

More Active PvP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you agree with this change? (226 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree with this change?

1. Voted Yes (137 votes [60.62%])

Percentage of vote: 60.62%

2. Voted No (89 votes [39.38%])

Percentage of vote: 39.38%

Vote

#41 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:29

I voted no for the simple reason droping the gold protection will just make the protection useless, the problem is the gold protection is to high for people that shouldn't be holding that much anyway, all gold protection should be dropped to around 250k for all levels, any low level player holding more then that deserves to loss it, but new players do need some protection so they can save for the gold upgrades. But nobody needs millions protected because then they can minipulate the market.

How does it make the protection useless? It still protects your XP.

#42 Proteaus

Proteaus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:42

PvP, isn't really PvP in this game. most PvP is hitting a person offline or in hunting gear with almost 0 chance of failure. The person iniating the attack almost always wins. Why? Buffs, the better PvP gear, able to look at a person and change gear,buffs, get that relic, while the other person has NO idea he/she/it? is about to get hit.

Same on the ladder, EVERYBODY has to sleep sometime and buffs fall making them easy targets.

Want better PvP? Once a week, have a person able to log in, put on his best PvP gear, get all the buffs he wants, hit an PvP ready button. And any person who tries to hit them in the next week has to hit through that WITHOUT being able to see what they have. If they fail to do so then let themselves be hit with what they got. Is this the best option? no. Best would be really hard to do in this game.

#43 Jose

Jose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:43

If you keep thinking in pvp protection this wont progress. If you want to do something that has some sence and works for the game, create new items, potions or something to invent with the pvp ladder tokens. Also if someone want to be out from pvp ladder he should buy pvp protection, if he doesnt he want to be a pvper and so anyone should be abble to atack him and recive pvp rating for ladder. But as i think, changing more things to the pvp protection put the pvp as it is now, DEAD.

#44 jer

jer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:46

We already have protection exp. in the fsp upgrades, the problem is to much gold protected, if they lower the gold protection and make it a daily gold upgrade they get a gold sink in the upgrade and then people can't hold so much gold and minipulate the market or hide gold for high level hunters. Then the gold that cant be hidden so easy may get a few PvPers going "maybe".
That is why I said 250k max protection, it only helps the low levels where they should have some protection till they get to know the game but does not let them hid large sums for other accounts.

#45 zeffina

zeffina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:49

I agree with YADOs thoughts and had the same thing happen to me loosing several levels after clearing a bounty (using 10 stam hits) i could see it if i had used 100 stam hits in my clear, but really? that was my last bounty clear :( if the bounty is cleared using 10 stam hits i think the clearer should be safe from being re-bountied, if you are clearing a persons bounty that you love to hit, and decide to use anything but 10 stam hits then its game on and let the pvping begin :D

#46 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:58

I agree with YADOs thoughts and had the same thing happen to me loosing several levels after clearing a bounty (using 10 stam hits) i could see it if i had used 100 stam hits in my clear, but really? that was my last bounty clear :( if the bounty is cleared using 10 stam hits i think the clearer should be safe from being re-bountied, if you are clearing a persons bounty that you love to hit, and decide to use anything but 10 stam hits then its game on and let the pvping begin :D

Thats part of the risk you take when you accept a bounty, got to live with it whether you use 100 stam or 10 stam you always run the risk of a bounty...

#47 Hidrato

Hidrato

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:04

I like the idea but i not sure it will do anything at all Hoof.

MOST of your PvP players have already jumped ship and are inactive now. I've also noticed with this game,, you are either a pvper or your a leveler. most players are not both.

My thought is to make it somewhat more interesting..

I'm not sure what is needed but this change will have little to no impact on your proposal.

Also, the ability to bounty someone 10x because they hit you 10x destroyed PvP as well.

Change it back to being able to only bounty 1x regardless of how many attacks. that might revive PvP again. You can maybe get someone to loss 1 level with 10 100 stams. but being able to bounty that player 10 times gives that player the ability to loss 50 levels.. not fair at all..

Can't agree more.

#48 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:05

Also there is a difference between the 2 xp protections...

One protects xp at a certain amount, so when you get attacked you can't go under that number.

The other protects xp for a time frame no matter the amount, Example- you can have 12 million xp activate the protection for 24 hours, hunt and end up with 16 million total xp. The new xp you have gained is protected for the rest of the duration, when the duration is over you can lose any amount of that xp with no bottom as it doesn't protect a said amount like the other one does.

#49 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:06

We already have protection exp. in the fsp upgrades, the problem is to much gold protected, if they lower the gold protection and make it a daily gold upgrade they get a gold sink in the upgrade and then people can't hold so much gold and minipulate the market or hide gold for high level hunters. Then the gold that cant be hidden so easy may get a few PvPers going "maybe".
That is why I said 250k max protection, it only helps the low levels where they should have some protection till they get to know the game but does not let them hid large sums for other accounts.

Protect XP (XP lock) upgrade will only protect the amount of XP you hold when buying the upgrade, not any of XP you might gain from that point on via XP gain, questing, hunting... In return it lasts forever and not for a set amount of time.
PvP protection would protect ALL your XP within the time of the upgrade. You can get hit, but the other player will only get a portion of your gold. He wont gain prestige, rating or smasher counts, and you can still bounty him and take 5.

I'm all for removing the PvP protection upgrade, and go back to having only the old XP lock. But its because its too powerful, and not useless.. This tweak will reduce its power some, which might help an important part of the game get back on its feet.

#50 moriah1

moriah1

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:23

Absolutely not.

That is a dumb decision, in my opinion.

*Admin Edit*

Please provide CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK. Not thinly veiled attacks against a portion of the game YOU dislike which many others love.

Cheers.

#51 lawyergod

lawyergod

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:28

While this change works for me, and how I play, I also see it as catering more to the dynamic of PvP-er vs. Leveler, and ignoring people who focus on other aspects of the game. For instance, while it's meaningless to me, the gold protection could easily be very important to merchants and inventors, who put hundreds of things in their AH on a regular basis. What I think might be a better idea then, while still keeping with the spirit of this proposal, would be to have two different options, (1) PvP XP Protection and (2) PvP Gold Protection, and make it so that you can only have one or the other active at a given time, but not both.

#52 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:31

I like the idea but i not sure it will do anything at all Hoof.

MOST of your PvP players have already jumped ship and are inactive now. I've also noticed with this game,, you are either a pvper or your a leveler. most players are not both.

All PvPers are levelers.. I dare say I think I've leveled way more than most non-pvpers around my level. PvPers must level to be able to play their game.

My thought is to make it somewhat more interesting..

I'm not sure what is needed but this change will have little to no impact on your proposal.

I assume you mean to say that removing gold protection wont have any effect on pvp activity or sinking gold? Even if you dont have a better suggestion, maybe tell us exactly what you think wont work and why, to back up your claim. :)

And I'll leave the bounty comments for a later thread, as it has nothing to do with the topic of this one.

#53 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:35

Hi all,

We've been taking a look at PvP and feel that it should be more active as it's an important part of the game. One of the main issues with PvP currently seems to be the PvP Protection Upgrade which discourages PvP due to the high amount of gold protection it offers.

In our opinion, the main purpose of PvP Protection is to prevent xp loss from PvP and the gold protection is an added bonus. PvP Protection reduces the purpose of the bank and also prevents gold being sunk via PvP.

Therefore, we feel it would make sense remove the gold protection from the upgrade, reduce the Fallen Sword Point cost of it and also add a new gold upgrade which will allow you to activate PvP Protection for 24 hours.

Thoughts?

It's a start. Are you planning to get rid of the bounty smasher medal so the casual pvper may be inclined take a poke at some golds? The smasher medal as it is deters pvp almost as much as pvp protection does.

#54 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:39

I voted no, and was already to get on here and be terribly sarcastic. But......there are an awful lot of good suggestions being voiced here. I hope the bulls in the back room take the time to note them and discuss them over a good bale of timothy. What does bother me is that while most of the posts here are sensible, it doesn't seem to work that way in the (un)real world. There are an awful lot of guilds out there that threaten deleveling parties is you attack one of their members. Yes, yes, I know, there are also guilds that plainly state if you pvp, you're on your own. This doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of pvp manipulators out there, subtle and otherwise. I guess what I'd like to see is the playing field leveled a bit. No hitting a "sleeping player". That is not player versus player, that's SWS (stabbed while sleeping). Not having been here in the good old days, I can't comment on them, but I'd much prefer not to see someone with two different levels, if you loose xp, it's lost. You can't use Sampsons Sword of Selective Slicing 'cause you dropped below level 300? That's the price you pay for pvp-ing. (And I KNOW that idea is not going to be real popular :mrgreen: ) Anyway, lets have more of those alternate suggestions for the cows.

#55 Warbringer

Warbringer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:58

One thing at a time.

Gold upgrade- OK

Cheaper FSP cost- OK

Making players participate in part of the game they have no interest in? Not so much.

I don't enjoy being mugged for gold I've hunted for. My gold is for my guild. We dump over 4 mil a day into upkeep on enhancements.

Let the people that want to put their gold at hazard do so by entering the ladder. It's bad enough we are made to pay 7 more FSPs just to be left alone while we hunt. Am I the only one who thinks that is NOT alright?

I keep hearing about how this is a PvP game. It may have started that way, but it seems to have evolved into a multifaceted game with many different types of challenges. Please let us pick what we want to do and stop trying to cram the PvP thing down our throats for the benefit of a few players.

If it was a PvP game I'd think you would have a lot more targets.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong. (but you know I'm not) :D

#56 robinbanks

robinbanks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:06

I like the ideas.. but until i see more details about the 1 day cost and
the amount of gold that it protects i must vote NO.. i would very
much like to see the amounts the cows are considering.
Once i see the amounts i may be inclined to change my vote.
As much as some hate pvp others love it. those that hate it .. tend
to hate it because they like to level. They are the ones that spend money on
the game.. buying fsp and getting a great pot to help them gain levels. the only benefit (tangible gain) gained by attacking
someone is stealing gold. Perhaps a change to pvp should include No XP Loss... only
gold.. then those that hate PVP have nobody to blame but themselves for getting
attacked.. hold to much gold.. be at risk of loosing it. bounty board would
continue to lose xp..

#57 Teuchter

Teuchter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:11

I am tired of these attempts to get non-Pvpers involved in that aspect of the game , , If I wanted to play PvP I would have done so a long time ago, besides who said it was a pVp game , there are lots of aspects in the game to enjoy, why must we PvP???? to suit some ones EGO??? I VOTED NO!!!!

#58 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:15

I like the ideas.. but until i see more details about the 1 day cost and
the amount of gold that it protects i must vote NO.. i would very
much like to see the amounts the cows are considering.
Once i see the amounts i may be inclined to change my vote.
As much as some hate pvp others love it. those that hate it .. tend
to hate it because they like to level. They are the ones that spend money on
the game.. buying fsp and getting a great pot to help them gain levels. the only benefit (tangible gain) gained by attacking
someone is stealing gold. Perhaps a change to pvp should include No XP Loss... only
gold.. then those that hate PVP have nobody to blame but themselves for getting
attacked.. hold to much gold.. be at risk of loosing it. bounty board would
continue to lose xp..

MANY players donate, not just those who purely level. ( pretty shocked at that comment)

( again this thread isn't about bounties or the bounty board, its about pvp protection)

#59 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:18

I am tired of these attempts to get non-Pvpers involved in that aspect of the game , , If I wanted to play PvP I would have done so a long time ago, besides who said it was a pVp game , there are lots of aspects in the game to enjoy, why must we PvP???? to suit some ones EGO??? I VOTED NO!!!!

Chill, friend. No one is asking you to PvP. I voted yes :)

#60 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:23

Thats part of the risk you take when you accept a bounty, got to live with it whether you use 100 stam or 10 stam you always run the risk of a bounty...

Then you are completely missing the point. It doesnt HAVE to be a risk that you take if the rules were changed. And for most people its not a risk worth taking, which is exactly why the bounty board has been removed from existance for many players.
Its quite simple really: If re-bounties were not possible, more people would participate in clearing them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: