RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 08 February 2009 - 20:33

your entitled to your opinion and at this stage we'll just have to agree to disagree until the cows give an update on their stance on this and its eventual introduction to the game

#42 ss_squoof

ss_squoof
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 20:34

We have covered how the skill would:

Cons:

Make it harder for lower levels to do the quests because of upper levels farming

Making it harder for the lower levels to levels to because of upper levels dropping down and PvPing.

making it harder to level because of overpopulation in a single map

If the last map is PvP, get the top players (People at the end of content) crystal medals quicker because of over population in a single map.

Have a longer wait time for players for more maps to come out if they do not go HK or elite hunting.

Flood the market with all the sets, and parts (turning the hunting of HK-elite not really worth it) because of the players who want to farm.

Upsetting the top players (the people who donate more than the people who are not in the top 250 players) because of the over population of end of content or new content maps.

Pros:

use energy quicker.

A credit sink (only for those who do not donate to the game, look at FS and all the sinks there, still over 100k).

Bring back some players till they leave again because of the cons.

please add more. I am willing to learn. If I think of any more Cons I will post them too.

#43 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 08 February 2009 - 20:43

We have covered how the skill would:

Cons:

Make it harder for lower levels to do the quests because of upper levels farming

Making it harder for the lower levels to levels to because of upper levels dropping down and PvPing.

making it harder to level because of overpopulation in a single map

If the last map is PvP, get the top players (People at the end of content) crystal medals quicker because of over population in a single map.

Have a longer wait time for players for more maps to come out if they do not go HK or elite hunting.

Flood the market with all the sets, and parts (turning the hunting of HK-elite not really worth it) because of the players who want to farm.

Upsetting the top players (the people who donate more than the people who are not in the top 250 players) because of the over population of end of content or new content maps.

Pros:

use energy quicker.

A credit sink (only for those who do not donate to the game, look at FS and all the sinks there, still over 100k).

please add more. I am willing to learn. If I think of any more Cons I will post them too.

con 2 isnt applicable cause if people drop down then it would have to be a group of people as their is the limit on the level of the player you can attack

con 3 is only applicable IF people catch up to the end of content

con 5 is irelevant because the cows are releasing content as quick as they can on an almost 10 day basis so they will still have to wait 10 days from the time the last content was released

intensifier speeds up how fast you soend not haw fast you receive energy so people would still have to work to get to the end content even if theyhad intensifier
alot of your cons are just the same point reiterated over and over.

also i dont understand why it would only be a credit sink for those who do not donate to the guild, this is confusing

#44 ss_squoof

ss_squoof
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 21:01

Guild?

all right, so 10 days to get a map out. I would get a few thousand energy and max out my energy gain per hour if the skill came out. I would not be the only one to do this. We the people that do this would make it to the end of content in a day, and the people that would make it to the end of content any way because they were close to end of content, if it is not a PvP, I/we have to wait the 10 days just building my/our energy back, fine. Or if the level under or 2 levels under end of content is PvP, I still can attack them because of the level difference. Having 10 days to do this, I will get my bronze, silver, gold,crystal medal, I know it is not a con to get the medal but it is a lame way to get it (my opinion). Or I can go farm the HK-Elite with a bunch of other people waiting around for 10 days. Flooding the market. Since i am donating to the game to get max energy and gain per hour I will have FC's. I would still sell the FC's to the market keeping the price of FC's up so I could have credits to make the sets and buy the skill. Having 10 days to do this and pay day is every friday for me....

#45 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 21:13

it would take me the same amount of days to get to the end content if i used intensifier or not. that does affect my energy gain.

why would quests be harder for lower level players? if you are talking about elite quests, they spawn every 10 minutes. its called patience. those are really easy quests. plus the more players farming quest gear/resources, the more of it will be available in the trade hub so you would be able to finish quests quicker.

about players having to wait longer for content....no one forced them to level up to end content fast or made you wait. everyone basically knows how often content comes out. i think its at a very decent pace. there are other things to do in the game. if you have nothing to do but wait upgrade your max stam and wait. go do something else in real life ;P

more people to PvP the better *thumbs up* you can only do it in certain places and i wish it was more active. its quite dead when leveling thru levels.

here are some Pros:

quicker leveling session for mindless killing of enemies. if you are doing a quest you might not use intensifier because of resource collecting but you could just use find item and be able to level and get a quest done.

less use of the keyboard and mouse. easier on the hands. carpal tunnel is BRUTAL. the worst thing to injure, i think, is the hands. ive dealt with busted hands because of carpal tunnel with playing FS. FSHelper/SS2Helper make it possible for me to play these games and not tear up my hands. regular intensifier in this game would be wonderful thing for these types of players

convenience for casual players. some players dont want to be on their computer for 30-60+ minutes leveling a character. this keeps those players in the game longer. this is a new game that is growing. its good to keep around who you can. building a good strong community helps with growth. more players playing=more potential donated $$$

if you have more characters going thru the end content or you have more traffic per level, it would be good to have intensifier because players would need less monsters per leveling session. it would help spread out the monster count per players. HCS wouldnt have to tweak the monster spawn if the traffic picks up.

something GREAT to spend your credits on=credit sink

these are PERFECT pros. the cons of adding this are really weak compared to what it would help for game in general.

#46 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 21:45

I'm done. There is 1 person in the game that sees a lot of negatives to intensifier stims. He makes up reasons it doesn't work (like a high level player "dropping down to PvP in a lower level realm" - Have you PLAYED this game?). The rest of the players pretty much want it.

I don't need to convince the last man on the sinking life raft to get off any longer....

#47 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 08 February 2009 - 21:48

have to agree with ecolitan...

you're just making the same points over and over squoof, and most of em just dont make sense

#48 ss_squoof

ss_squoof
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 22:04

it would take me the same amount of days to get to the end content if i used intensifier or not. that does affect my energy gain.

Fine, but I would change, along with other people. We would get more max energy and energy per hour too! With those two thingsa and the skill we would level faster.

why would quests be harder for lower level players? if you are talking about elite quests, they spawn every 10 minutes. its called patience

Sure, and FC's because of the farmers buying locations. It would be more luck that patience.

about players having to wait longer for content....no one forced them to level up to end content fast or made you wait

everyone basically knows how often content comes out.

Right, but lots of people always want to be the best! No one asked you to get more energy than you can use in a day, but you still did it anyway, and that is fine!

more people to PvP the better *thumbs up* you can only do it in certain places and i wish it was more active

what do you do after the medal? get the next one? eventually the crystal is going to come, and guess what. PvP will be dead for you again. Over population will kill PvP.

if you have more characters going thru the end content or you have more traffic per level, it would be good to have intensifier because players would need less monsters per leveling session. it would help spread out the monster count per players. HCS wouldnt have to tweak the monster spawn if the traffic picks up.

Only pro listed that I found to agree with.

something GREAT to spend your credits on=credit sink

It is not a sink when you can buy FC's with real money. you may not but I can. If I can others can too.

convenience for casual players

The death of the game right there, HCS should not give everything to a player, some work should be needed. As soon as x2 comes in, someone is going to say, I have 5k or 10k energy, I can't use all my energy with only a x2 skill. I need a x3, x4, x5, x10 skill. I can't be on the computer for 30 min. mindlessly killing. give me, give me, give me!!!!!!

#49 ss_squoof

ss_squoof
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 22:09

If I am the only one, why are they not in the game?

#50 ss_squoof

ss_squoof
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 22:32

The best part of all this is, the next time someone asks for the skill, we can just point them to this topic!

#51 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 22:37

because HCS hasnt done it yet ;P

LOL...your arguments get worse and worse.

casual gamers arent the death of this game. thats a lil over the top, you would have to admit.

PvP isnt dead after you get the crystal. they could always add more medals, platinum or other made up names. pvp is always pvp without a medal. i will still do it for fun even if i had all of the medals. if you arent that person, then you get to move on to another part of the game. plus more players is better for PvP. MORE activity :)

elites are soooo easy to kill in this game. you dont need a group and there are multiple ones that spawn EVERY 10 mins. easy. if it gets harder to find them, good. its not impossible and never will be.

it will still be a credit sink even if players can buy FCs :roll: if players sell thir FCs they bought with $$$, they get credits and then they pay credits for an intensifier stim. thus sinking credits into the game. it doesnt matter where the credits came from. just as long as they are spent INTO the game.

plus the majority does not pay to play. i upgraded my energy with the credits i got from leveling. i play for free and will continue to. if im complaining about burning energy and im basically at the bottom of the chain. think about those players who upgraded max stam/stam gain. those who support this game with their time, energy and money. this game has to evolve with the players if HCS wants this community to continue to grow and be active.

so you didnt agree with players having carpal tunnel/bad hands and intensifier being good for the players health?

also Squoof...you are basically saying we should wait till level 200 for intensifier. so this game should go thru 130 more levels, probably well over half a year of work for HCS, without intensifier??? this is what you are basically arguing for. or it should come into the game waay later. and this game will not grow as much without intense early in the game. SS2 will lose more players then gain with having intense out of the game until level 200. ill bet handful of new players drop the game early because of slow leveling or constant repair. intensifier would kill 2 birds with one stone :)))

#52 ss_taliesin

ss_taliesin
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 23:17

Can't help but agree with the common views, that this game will diminish very quickly if HCS doesn't take a much more active role in what the players request. A game isn't any use without its players, and unless HCS does something soon they'll start losing more players because they simply don't have the time required to use all their energy without an intensifier.

I know a large number of players who have already quit because they just don't have time to play. This would change if HCS introduced Intensifiers.

A level 50 Intensifier Stim is all that's needed, that alone would halve the time required to hunt.

#53 ss_squoof

ss_squoof
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 23:22

I am not asking to wait till 200, I am asking to wait till there is room for it. We already have so many players at he top. That number should show that the game does not need the skill.

casual gamers , I don't think it is not over the top. They will kill the game if HCS babies them.

PvP is still always going to be there, I know, but if I am level 70 and you are 69 can i still attack you in a PvP map? Or if you were level 70 and I was level 68, could you still attack me? So if waiting around for the new map because you are a top player, level 70, could you drop down to a PvP map (If map level 69 is PvP) and attack players trying to level? I know in FS it is 5 levels. Is it the same in this game (I do not know for sure). With 102 players at the top spot now, could they drop down and attack leveling players. Or can you only attack the same level you are in PvP? I have never looked because I thought it the same as FS.

I know elites are easy to kill, I have done all the HK and Elite quests. I tried to buy the scanner elite, and proto because of farmers then. But I got lucky and found the proto but had to buy the scanner for 10FC's, I spent 3 days looking for it.

The sink is what ever, If I ever need credits I can sell FC's. Easy to get a lot of credits for anything I will ever need to get.

The health of players is not up to me or the game, As someone already said, no one forced anyone to do what they have done. So to stop and take a break is not up to HCS, it is up to the player.

The skill is not going to make more maps, it is going to get people to the end quicker causing a 10 day void for them. that is what I am saying. The players in the void are going to occupy thier time doing something making it harder for other players with leveling, money, FC's, hunting, and what ever else we would do.

I understand that it will not help you level any faster, but it would me by a lot. And If I go at the pace I am going right now I will be the 236th player sitting at the end of the content in two or three days (more time for HCS to make more maps). If the skill were put in place today, I would be there today at the end. Then I would fill in the time doing somthing else in the game. It may or may not affect you playing your game if you are lower level than I am.

Have patience for the maps to get the skill. The bigger the SS2 world is, that is going to bring on the skill, not abunch of us asking for it.

#54 ss_myway

ss_myway
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2009 - 00:04

Thank you for your self vindication there Squoof -- your recent statements seem much more well said -- maybe it was just a lack of clarity earlier -- now, than earlier.

This is definitely true that HCS should not baby the lower-levels... and/or those who do not 'pay-to-play' -- personally, in my guild in FS -- I punt out of the guild anyone who asks for Doubler that does not have at least 1,000 stamina -- since, I feel that it's just outright laziness to not be able to punch the 1-8 keys and blow out stamina that way in just running around and killing stuff. (Yes, slightly off topic).

As for PvP in this game -- it's three levels -- your point is still taken, though.

However, one point with which I must contend.. no matter WHAT stamina BURNING skills are put out there... stamina GAIN doesn't change.. therefore the introduction of things that cause STAMINA BURN are not going to impact the speed at which folks arrive to the end of the content.. except maybe by about 45 minutes.

#55 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 00:36

with SS2 add on, I can go through 1500 stam in about 40-45 min. if you have 80/hour, that will be 1920 energy and that will take you a full hour probably. it is fast enough without the stim. with needed component in various quest, doubler will make it actually harder to get the needed component. with all the sublevelling, I just don't see it happening for more levels.

#56 ss_taliesin

ss_taliesin
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2009 - 00:58

It's not that fast hunting for everyone though, keep in mind some have slower connections than others. And getting a needed component while hunting? Well you could always look for the component without Intensifier (not doubler) activated.

#57 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:30

the thing is this. intensifier (I still have my christmas present) will increase speed of levelling. if it is available via TH, ones that will buy it are ones that don't need it. because high levellers can afford to push the price up. so, it really won't benefit those who can use it, unless it is available to everyone at a fixed price. all it will do, is speed up the levelling, and more complaint about sub levelling. we won't have intensifier for a while yet. :) as I've said, SS2 add on with quick kill does work well. I'd recommend it for those with slower connection.

#58 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:58

can you post a link... cant seem to find the add on and would like to try it to see if it helps...

#59 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:42

if you are at the top content then you have no reason to buy the intensifier. unless you are subleveling which you arent going to be doing everyday, atleast the majority. i have faith that the price of the intense stim wont be that expensive at first. with the time spread out throughout the day and just based on the current online players count, you should be able to find one cheap, depending on how much the min credit is and how many they let out at a time. 1000 credits would be a good starting number. players are leveling twice-thrice a day, some once, and some a couple days between.

not everyone can use the addons. some have really slow internet onnections. these are good reasons to bring in an intense stim. im not asking HCS to cater the casual gamers, but thats just a group of players that would play the game. this is a new game and you NEED to attract new players to it and try to keep them playing.

it wont push up leveling to an extent that you guys are blowing it up to be. we are talking about minutes-hours of a difference. just the amount of time it takes you to burn your energy. give the amount of energy you will save on walking around for killing monsters and repairing so you will get a little bit more for your energy. unless you are donating, you arent powerleveling(buying current energy and leveling) so you ARENT going to fly thru to the end content. once again the majority. please understand this lol

ill bet the majority of players at the top content, who donate, and hardcore players want to use intensifier when they level. ill bet new players, casual players, those with hand injuries, and poor players with weak equipment who have to repair and walk around alot wont/cant/dislike playing because of the amount of key strokes/mouse clicking it takes to burn some energy 1-3 times a day. ill bet there have been players that stopped playing the game due to the slow leveling. it would bring for a more enjoyable experience...dont you think? playability is a great trait for the game. if something could benefit basically the majority of the community dont you think it would be a good thing to do? would you not use it? would you not love it? lol

leveling is basically the main thing in this game. killing monsters is the main action with playing this game. not the most fun thing to do either. i personally like quests and other activities like inventing, pvp, and farming resources. i just find leveling to be mindless killing which you are doing more of to gain your levels. i wear the same gear for 10 levels. kill monsters. do quests. when im done with my energy i wait 10-15 hours to do it all over again. rinse repeat

lets break down the act of leveling as it stands now. to gain a level from level 50 to 51 i need roughly 75,000 experience. i get about a lil over 100 exp per kill. thats lets say 700 kills to gain a level. thats 700 clicks on a monster to kill it. a click/key to get back to world map. plus lets say if you go down 100 stat points you wont one hit kill, so thats 7 walks back to the mechanic. alot of moving around, back and forth, clicky clicks.....fun?...tedious. we are talking about a x2 intensifier at least. thats just cutting the leveling in half. why couldnt we have this now? i doubt it will make the world crumble ;P

i personally dont think they should go higher then x2. i can wait for buffs for higher levels.

#60 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:07

I can guarantee you that lot more will be at lvl 75 if intensifier is available now. it is competitive nature of the top players, especially when they can afford it, and give them an edge to get to next top for elite hunting. and cry of sublevelling will be even bigger when that happens. I made to lvl 70 already without intensifier. I am ranked about 110. I am going to use my present when new content comes out so I can make to lvl75 as quick as possible. (may be the 2nd day of material, depends upon how much sublevelling I do)

would you buy it, if it cost 10k credit? most high levels have money to burn while lower level will have hard time coming up with 10k. unless they sell lot of them, price will be high. (or it will not be a good credit sink) also, if it is too cheap, no one would get the skill. (thus they will keep the items in limited quantity to keep the price up, if it is avaiable earlier than lvl 200) My guess is that we won't see it until there is almost no sublevellers. in FS, only few of each potion is available an hour, and it has much higher number of players. so, if 100 stim is available per day, how many would go outside top 500? almost none unless they are rich.

SS2 plugin is only for firefox users.

http://code.google.c...lenswordhelper/

click on the bottom that say sigmastorm helper. you need greased monkey. even with slower connection. this helps in clearing the stack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: