183 replies to this topic

#41 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 19:57

the MS is not working at all. i used the alahzen blade PSI and nothing. i tested it earlier

#42 qes

qes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 February 2010 - 19:59

Note it is a 'Psi' weapon classification, not a weapon that does Psi damage. Can you check and confirm if there is still an issue?

Cheers,
hoof

I used Changizi Edge of Perception

#43 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 20:03

Just tested on the 200 elite, died a couple of times because the MS DIDN'T ACTIVATED. nice work guys ;)

#44 MamorukunBE

MamorukunBE

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 20:06

If you SPI players permit me to speak about something else than you *overpoweredcoughcough* MS, I'd like to point out the wonderful design Zaelin did for the quest at level 1! :D Too bad I clicked to fast on the "accept mission" button :/ If anyone has a screen shot...^^

#45 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 20:08

tested on the normal creature, guess what MS DIDN'T ACTIVATED :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

#46 ss_merfe

ss_merfe
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 20:11

:shock: What kind of update is this :?: :?: :!: :!: :shock: I hope that after such a changing they will let us reset for free our skill points :( otherwise it's impossible to keep playing :?

#47 ss_tscmage

ss_tscmage
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 20:13

Are we sure MS is even working at this point? I cast it on myself and it's not absorbing any hits anymore. I've tried it with a Psi weapon and a core weapon. I died both times.

I've made the Coders aware. They shall check it ASAP. You defo had a Psi Weapon, yes? Was it loaded? What did you attack?

I am using the Alahzen Staff of Vision, and yes it is loaded. I was attacking a Stalker Blade.

#48 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 20:18

:shock: What kind of update is this :?: :?: :!: :!: :shock: I hope that after such a changing they will let us reset for free our skill points :( otherwise it's impossible to keep playing :?

If you check your "Reset Skill Points / Class" you'll see a free reset

#49 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 20:24

If you check your "Reset Skill Points / Class" you'll see a free reset

This is true. However with the nerf of the MS I may consider changing to another class. If a 210 soldier can solo the 210 elite then perhaps that is what I will switch to. With that I would think that a evolve reset would be in order. I do hope that HCS gets the MS sorted out and the MS tweak will not be as much of a disadvantage as it now seems.

#50 ss_alphaveron

ss_alphaveron
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 20:36

BG and HCS. THIS SUCKS! BIGTIME! Till now, after u coming here BG, a lot of good changes were made, the game became much better for other classes and that was cool with me! And making the tutorial voluntary is a stroke of genius! That was smart work! But some stuff really sucks too!The price of each FC became thrice what it was earlier and i took that on the chin too, i never complained! I will stop playing this game if these new ridiculous changes are made...i mean... what the hell is this....some idiots/losers cry that purists are too powerful, so some dummies make the game unplayable for purists? this is not acceptable! Get me back my bloody MS as it was earlier with no additions, even remove all the ridiculous additions to other Purist skills that you added in this update, but that MS is the only defense i have while all the other classes have far better def/ arm! Come on BG, HCS, dont lose your eyesight bcoz some losers shout a lot! Go ahead and ban me from forums, from this game even, if thats ur choice; but that wont help this game, will probably only tear it down sooner, beauties! :)(

#51 ss_lyzander

ss_lyzander
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 20:46

two things:

1. Why did you bind MS to weapons and not sets? It is a defensive buff, so would not the armor be more sensible than the weapons? Also take maintaining burdensome crystals out of the equation...

2. Can we get an exchange shop to trade in all the useless psi sets for the soon to be overrun soldier class sets?

#52 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 February 2010 - 20:48

What this is forcing the Purist to do is to use squads to kill the elites and this has put the Purist at a disadvantage compared to the other classes.

You mean like many of the rest of us who aren't Purists have to do to kill the Elites of our current level? Watch the logs of level 190 HK kills and look at who is hunting Elites at EoC and you will see the majority are Purists. Why? Because you could solo them much easier than the rest of the classes.
So how is this now putting you at a disadvantage?

Exactly - more like it puts them on an equal playing field instead of at an ADVANTAGE :) - so, relative to their previous position, i guess they are disadvantaged LOL.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#53 boeffie

boeffie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 20:54

Hitting with Psi weapon Alahzen Staff right now , loaded, and MS is not activating , hitting TIU Supply Loader (171)

#54 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 21:02

Why did you bind MS to weapons and not sets? It is a defensive buff, so would not the armor be more sensible than the weapons? Also take maintaining burdensome crystals out of the equation...

On the Elite/HK it sort of makes sense from a rp perspective. The purist is obviously "in psychic" contact with the weapon so that is the piece it links to - why it takes damage instead of raising armor or something like that (which imo is much more playable) only a dev can answer.

MS is currently broken, but there was no answer as to whether the MS always require a Psi weapon or just for Elite and HK. If it's always, this is going to be a gigantic detriment to playing as a purist.

#55 ss_darkscream

ss_darkscream
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 21:05

What this is forcing the Purist to do is to use squads to kill the elites and this has put the Purist at a disadvantage compared to the other classes.

You mean like many of the rest of us who aren't Purists have to do to kill the Elites of our current level? Watch the logs of level 190 HK kills and look at who is hunting Elites at EoC and you will see the majority are Purists. Why? Because you could solo them much easier than the rest of the classes.
So how is this now putting you at a disadvantage?

Exactly - more like it puts them on an equal playing field instead of at an ADVANTAGE :) - so, relative to their previous position, i guess they are disadvantaged LOL.

Curious as to how you gather that purists go solo the 190 HK with MS before the update, since I myself am a purist and don't waste energy building up for MS before or during a HK hunt.

In fact, I myself have been using squads for hunting it and only tried to build a solo kit last night. however, I did it without even thinking of MS and using only Corrode & KR.

I don't speak for all purists however, so this is just one players POV, but wasting energy to get MS just to have it gone in one hit by HKs isn't worth the energy.

#56 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 21:13

Curious as to how you gather that purists can solo the 190 HK with MS before the update, since I myself am a purist and don't waste energy building up for MS before or during a HK hunt.

In fact, I myself have been using squads for hunting it and only tried to build a solo kit last night. however, I did it without even thinking of MS and using only Corrode & KR.

I don't speak for all purists however, so this is just one players POV, but wasting energy to get MS just to have it gone in one hit by HKs isn't worth the energy.

Before the update all you needed to do was get enough damage to two-hit, activate MS to absorb the damage taken and get the kill...very simple.

Using the energy to build up Psi was worth it to be able to get all 4 kills without having to wait for groups to fill up. Allowing you to hunt at any time of day without the need of faction mates online at the time.

#57 ss_darkscream

ss_darkscream
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 21:19

Curious as to how you gather that purists can solo the 190 HK with MS before the update, since I myself am a purist and don't waste energy building up for MS before or during a HK hunt.

Before the update all you needed to do was get enough damage to two-hit, activate MS to absorb the damage taken and get the kill...very simple.

Using the energy to build up Psi was worth it to be able to get all 4 kills without having to wait for groups to fill up. Allowing you to hunt at any time of day without the need of faction mates online at the time.

I can see that if you have the energy and the time to waste building up Psi energy normally (or even with Int 100 or 150) before the hunt, but there are those who like to conserve their energy so they can run through the maps and find the HKs first.

I have a max of 3k energy, but instead of spending energy killing random entities for Psi energy and then going for HK, I squad up, buff up and go.

also, it isn't impossible to kill if you only have 1 person on as long as you have the right kind of kit on (and I don't just mean the 190 HK sets)

#58 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 21:20

I can see that if you have the energy and the time to waste building up Psi energy normally (or even with Int 100 or 150) before the hunt, but there are those who like to conserve their energy so they can run through the maps and find the HKs first.

I have a max of 3k energy, but instead of spending energy killing random entities for Psi energy and then going for HK, I squad up, buff up and go.

also, it isn't impossible to kill if you only have 1 person on as long as you have the right kind of kit on (and I don't just mean the 190 HK sets)

There is plenty of time and energy to waste at EOC, as many players would agree :P

#59 ss_lyzander

ss_lyzander
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 21:23

will we be getting reserve energy for all the members who couldn't hunt today because MS has completely and totally failed to work at all rending the purist class 100% unusable.

#60 ss_darkscream

ss_darkscream
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 21:25

EoC or not, I like to save energy to buff people who ask for buffs, but this is just one purists POV on this.

I'm sure there are others who feel the same way and would rather give their factionmates buffs and sell buffs instead of wasting it building Psi energy just to solo HKs.

Again, this is just my POV

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: