Photo

Level 1600+ skills

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#41 fs_gjimbo909

fs_gjimbo909
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2013 - 16:14

To be honest, they all suck.. could do without all of em.. just sayin!!

#42 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 March 2013 - 16:16

Is this it?

Not impressed, at all..

I saved up enough skill points for 5 new skills.. I see ZERO that I want or need.

Wow.

#43 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 17:19

what ever happened to the teleport buff that we was ment to get months ago ?

#44 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 17:24

should I add "years ago" !?

#45 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 17:34

should I add "years ago" !?

I stopped measuring time long ago in this game does you no good.

#46 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 22 March 2013 - 17:40

teleport buff, some kind of heatsink or creature density detection buff...

I suppose we can still dream :-)

#47 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 17:51

I dont see anyone my lvl carrying around 8 mil gold for the one skill,,I`m thinking there has got to be few more(right)>>>>most these i won`t be using,,,sorry if this is all them,RED

#48 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 17:53

Is this it?

Not impressed, at all..

I saved up enough skill points for 5 new skills.. I see ZERO that I want or need.

Wow.

have to agree here had 1k plus points spare and was looking forward to new buffs but none of theses jump out as must have

#49 Thiudimir

Thiudimir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 18:26

My comments/questions in the body of the OP:

Next week, we are planning to add the level 1600+ skills to the game.

We've made some tweaks to some of them since we last posted on the forum, so we would appreciate your feedback on them before they are added to the game.

Offense

Posted Image
Heavy Weight
Increases damage in combat by +0.025% per point providing you have at least 5,000 gold multiplied by your level in hand.

I doubt this will be used by the higher-level players (I'd need north of 6 million on hand to take advantage of this buff), but perhaps lower level players might? If this is to be a level 1600 buff, recalculating the amount of gold on hand might be necessary to encourage players to invest skill points in it. Works in PvP too, I assume?

Posted Image
Allied Frenzy
Increases the level range that Assist works by +1 level per point.

I don't use Assist, because I use my ally slots for a different purpose. And as others have said, why not just make Assist work better?

A suggestion: how about making this buff work on enemies instead of allies?

Posted Image
Armored Strike
+0.05% per point chance that your Armor stat is reduced to zero and your Damage is doubled. (PvE Only)

Great idea. I like Shield Strike, and I think this would be a worthwhile buff too.

Defense

Posted Image
Anchored
0.05% per point Damage is added to HP.

Seems like a similar buff to Severe Condition. Is there a danger of this buff stacking with others to become overpowering?

Posted Image
Hardened
0.05% per point chance to prevent your opponent activating Shatter Armor.

I like it. I suppose there might even be PvE applications too.

Posted Image
Armor Boost
+0.02% per point to your Armor for each complete set equipped.

The armor version of Smashing Hammer/Keen Edge? I assume this could stack with Coordinated Defense? Dangers of overpowering?

Special

Posted Image
Guild Buffer
+0.25% per point chance to reduce stamina cost of casting buffs on guild members by 50% (rounding up).

Love this idea. Encourages teamwork. Should be available to lower level members as well, IMO.

Posted Image
Epic Craft
+0.5% per point increase to crafted stat bonuses.

The craft version of Epic Forge. Seems like a good concept.

Posted Image
Gold Foot
0.05% per point chance to consume 5,000 gold from your hand instead of 1 stamina while moving.

Encourages gold in hand, which encourages gold hitting, which increases this buff's effectiveness in sinking gold. Makes sense. Will players invest skill points in it?

Please let us know your thoughts on the new skills :)

In general, I don't have strong negative or positive feelings towards these buffs. I think the major concern is whether players would want to invest skill points in them.

Regardless, I think some of these buffs might also make for good potions at some level (anywhere from lvl 50 to level 200) to help sink gold. Of course, I recognize that if these buffs are available at lvl 200, that might discourage skill point investment in them. So, there's a balance there for HCS to consider. Perhaps the least favorably received skills might be reconsidered as potential potions?

~ The Fallem Sword Team

#50 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2013 - 18:27

Is this it?

Not impressed, at all..

Wow.

have to agree here had 1k plus points spare and was looking forward to new buffs but none of theses jump out as must have

We'll also be adding 1,800+ skills and several potion only skills (which will be obtainable from other aspects of the game such as the PvP Arena and the upcoming Composing feature) after the 1,600+ skills are in the game.

#51 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2013 - 18:37

Heavy Weight
Increases damage in combat by +0.025% per point providing you have at least 5,000 gold multiplied by your level in hand.

i doubt if anyone above lvl 1000 will even think about using this...
especially with the absence of Gold protection.

Gold Foot
0.05% per point chance to consume 5,000 gold from your hand instead of 1 stamina while moving.

i think it needs tweeking, way less gold perhaps so it will be used.

What do you think would be better values for the gold?

#52 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 18:39

Posted Image
Allied Frenzy

Hooftest doesn't take ally requests, but cannot deny being made an enemy. How many would make that their first move?

#53 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 18:44

Is this it?

Not impressed, at all..

Wow.

We'll also be adding 1,800+ skills and several potion only skills (which will be obtainable from other aspects of the game such as the PvP Arena and the upcoming Composing feature) after the 1,600+ skills are in the game.

Are the 1800 buffs that important already? I think it is far more interesting to look at the buffs that would be placed lower in the tree... as was announced initially.
Plus I'd personally see new skills at each 100 levels, makes it far more motivating to level up towards the next 100 levels. At my level 100 levels actually takes some time...

#54 jr1093

jr1093

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 March 2013 - 18:45

Hooftest doesn't take ally requests, but cannot deny being made an enemy. How many would make that their first move?

he would still need to be within 200 levels for the buff to work

#55 Thiudimir

Thiudimir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 18:47

Posted Image
Allied Frenzy

Part of my logic to incentivize skill point investment. Tweak the activation rates so the buff isn't overpowered.

#56 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 19:13

I am just wondering why the the Armored Strike buff is PvE only. Can you explain?

#57 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 22 March 2013 - 19:20

I am just wondering why the the Armored Strike buff is PvE only. Can you explain?

It would essentially give defense sets a % chance to obtain double damage. Meaning they would become even stronger against armored set ups.

#58 hmfic

hmfic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 19:26

ok my thoughts....

"hardened"- you want to give an anti-shatter armor buff? the activation rate of shatter armor is what... 8.75% max? so whats the chances of this buff activating at the same time that shatter armor does or would?

"Armor boost"-not a bad idea....will be interesting to see how crazy the armor sets higher up get. (ive already seen 50k+ armor before sanct/entrench/etc)

the rest I have no use for...and probably wouldn't even waste my skill points,fsp,gold or time on.

the huge list of buffs/pots you had was very promising. especially if added thru out all the levels on the skill tree.

it would be nice to something enticing me to get to lvl 400+ as it is I can steal 20k gold and buy KE175...so thats not much motivation

#59 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 March 2013 - 19:57

Can ANYONE PLEASE tell me where I can find the complete list of buffs to be added and what they do? I know I saw one somewhere but I just can't recall exactly where it was... Would really appreciate it!!!

Now for my criticism on these ones:

Heavy Weight: I like the idea of this buff but going to ask for a lot of tweaking on this. I suggest maybe making the % per point higher (possibly 0.05%) OR make gold required times your level lower... like others have said, this buff would be much too risky for levelers because it would require them to hold large amounts of gold on hand during all times of their hunt. NOW being a PvPer and Gold Thief myself, I would absolutely LOVE this happening ( :twisted: )

Allied Frenzy: This is a great idea but I suggest that HCS simply fix the current Assist buff instead of requiring people to buy TWO buffs (considering its a "1600" buff it would probably cost 1 FSP as well). This is NOT a needed. If it IS going to be added please don't make it a 1600 buff as I would hate to have to spend 1 fsp every time I need to enhance my Assist buff :evil:

Armored Strike: Love it! Only question is why ONLY PvE? Why not PvP as well?

Anchored: I will probably never use this buff (considering that I don't often use armor setups) however it will be useful for other players so thumbs up from me.

Hardened: REALLY??? How many more "Anti" buffs are going to come up? BIG no from me. I don't see the point of this... Instead of putting this buff in the game I suggest making the Shatter Armor reduction from 75% to 50% which is more reasonable IMO.

Armor Boost: Kinky name for the buff but as others have stated, this one was expected.

Guild Buffer: Another kinky name for a buff but I love this one. Only thing I would ask different is that this one be put in a much lower level bracket. Small guilds with lower level players need some love too you know 8)

Epic Craft: AWESOME! Just a thought though, maybe .5% is a bit too overpowered :?:

Gold Foot: Not something I will likely ever use. Too much gold to consume over 1 stamina :P Lower it to 2000 or so ? Maybe this is a good idea then :?:

#60 silenced

silenced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 20:12

no offense... but I think this is a farce...

HSC said (or rather Hoofmaster), that there would be new low lvl buffs posted (as well as high lvl)...

this has not happened... and I think this is neglect of us lower lvl players...

What happened? did some members of a couple of high lvl player guilds threaten to quit if they didn't get their way again? (this threat has directly changed the game several times... and it sucks)

Just so that they could have only high lvl buffs so they could extort us lower lvls even more... yet again????

because it sure looks like it... it has been long known that the cows bow down whenever the top lvl player guilds command it... it is directly why so many lower lvl players quit!!

FS only favors the high lvl whinging guilds/players (yes, I can name several if needed... players too...)

Titan hunting was "Fixed" so the top lvl players could "win" over the lower lvl players (albeit through fixing)
GvG was "Fixed" so to ensure certain guilds stayed at the top
PvP was "Fixed" to benefit the high lvl players through buffs
Hunting was "Fixed" to make sure these same whimpering players got rich faster
AH was fixed, to ensure that all these top lvl players can totally manipulate the market

Back to this buff suggestion update:

What happened to posting about the lower lvl ones as was said?
What happened to posting about the potions as said?

no wonder there isn't a down vote on announcements... this update suggestion would be screwed >.<

HSC ~ please listen: these top lvl players are manipulating you for their own advantage... and they are the ones (as well as you for imposing their demands) directly responsible for destroying this game and stopping new players from staying...

I suggest: all these new high lvl buffs can ONLY be sold via a secure trade for a capped amount ~ this would prevent their selfish abuse of these new buffs!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: