84 replies to this topic

#41 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 17:11

nice post skull..not smoking anything.. i just believe he actually works for hcs...always on their side of everything and all the rest of us players are the dumbo's,  and get our posts rippped to shreds by these hcs player/employees....the number is way to high...way way way too high..and i can not come up with a reason for this..except maybe they dont want us to reach ruby..

#42 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2016 - 17:21

Still too early to complain now. Better to just do your share and keep your eyes on the count- wait for day three or four. Personally, I highly doubt that we will make Ruby to be honest and there are a few good reasons why. This event is mainly about stimulating the game economy one last time before DXp, for most of us I think the global is just an after sight. Its kind of like the second Christmas of FS. Another being that the personal goal for this GE is way too low for the community goal of 75M- it could be atleast 15-20k. I only spent 5k stamina on the 2 kill GE creatures and got nearly 15k kills so this is more than reasonable. 

I think developers need to start reworking the way rewards are given out though. With how accessible and powerful theyve made composing it really needs to be the starting ground for the rewards. The chests from Bronze to Gold hardly even touch the levels you get from composing- 95% of us would end up trashing these if we won them. Its better they pick one chest that the majority of the community can find use in and increase the amount of those we get per tier- like how theyve done with the Darksun Stash II. Its just negative reinforcement when we get these shabby sub par chests, especially for those that invested a sizeable amount of their stamina towards it.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#43 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 17:55

@skull... I'll just leave it be. I think the level of kills needed for the top tier on community working together is fine. Perhaps the others need to be increased.

Beyond that, I've pmed yoda in game so as to not derail this post even more.

Thanks HCS for the event. 

FS, I hope you enjoy the event. I am. Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#44 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,826 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 October 2016 - 19:58

Actually, the total was NOT reduced last year. I see what it was in Admin. Now, please stop arguing and be civil.

#45 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 22:16

Having missed the last few of these I don't know how that figure will work for the global. My gut feeling is that it is too high.

Ordinarily with a x5 creature with this global I wouldn't say that. But uniquely with this global more people will concentrate at least a portion of their kills on the Halloween Revenant (x2 kill). Also this event is more associated with the Zombie Brew's instead of the global total. So the global goal itself takes a lower priority.

At this pace now we are on for just shy of the gold tier. But the rush to get kills to make the top #100 in the final moments may bring crystal. That is my hunch. :)

#46 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2016 - 22:26

I predict gold tier, 'possibly crystal'. (but I doubt it)

Ruby tier was unrealistic last year, population numbers certainly haven't risen since then, so it is now merely even further out of reach. Sad really. Oh well, I've done my bit...

Edited by Mister Doom, 29 October 2016 - 22:28.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#47 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:05

LAG Again

#48 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:12

Which shield looks more epic?

14744.gif or 5908.gif

#49 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:37

Which shield looks more epic?

14744.gif or 5908.gif

7748.gif This one does!

Though I get your point, nearly all of the newer epics look 'MEH' compared to the old ones.

You only need to look at the choker of time to see what I'm talking about...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#50 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:25

7748.gif This one does!

Though I get your point, nearly all of the newer epics look 'MEH' compared to the old ones.

Have to agree here - the new shield looks very dull and drab compared to earlier "epic" ones.

This new L2600  one looks like it was thrown together (graphically) in 5 mins :(

Edited by Pardoux, 30 October 2016 - 07:25.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#51 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:41

Have to agree here - the new shield looks very dull and drab compared to earlier "epic" ones.

This new L2600  one looks like it was thrown together (graphically) in 5 mins :(

I have very similar feelings regarding the new shield (I know it was prepared a good while before the event started so the lack of time for graphic work was not the cause).

If at least that purplish goo thing on it was pulsing or something. I am gratefull we got a new (titan) epic for that slot but it could have been more impresive in terms of design.

Edited by vlkfenrir, 30 October 2016 - 11:21.

#52 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:09

Was wondering if we might get a similar thing (or have it included) as the "Hide Fragment Stash Logs" in the preferences for the coffins? 

Thanks.

#53 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:11

Was wondering if we might get a similar thing (or have it included) as the "Hide Fragment Stash Logs" in the preferences for the coffins? 

Thanks.

That is a great suggestion.

"Hide Container Logs"

Works for me. :)

#54 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 13:19

7748.gif This one does!

This new L2600 one looks like it was thrown together (graphically) in 5 mins :(

I have very similar feelings regarding the new shield (I know it was prepared a good while before the event started so the lack of time for graphic work was not the cause).

If at least that purplish goo thing on it was pulsing or something. I am gratefull we got a new (titan) epic for that slot but it could have been more impresive in terms of design.

Yes maybe if the goo was swirling around or something. Left me feeling disappointed when I saw it.

Oh, and there is fierce Lag right now.

#55 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 14:50

Well it has got worse. Then...

Service Unavailable

Is that because I decided to Titan hunt? 😖

#56 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 20:36

Just noticed that Global Event Total got reduced to 50,000,000 rather than 75,000,000

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#57 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 21:18

Just noticed that Global Event Total got reduced to 50,000,000 rather than 75,000,000

Probably a good move. Makes it slightly more likely. The initial total was a little ambitious. :P

#58 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,826 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 October 2016 - 21:29

The initial total was the same as last year.

#59 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 21:43

The initial total was the same as last year.

And you seen we only reached silver last year I believe(40,000,000 kills)? 50,000,000 is a little more reasonable though, thanks.

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#60 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 23:02

Wow. Did they really. *Scratches head.* Wonder why they did that? Should have left it alone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: