Photo

Suggestion: PvP Protection Change

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
582 replies to this topic

Poll: Which option do you prefer? (625 member(s) have cast votes)

Which option do you prefer?

1. Voted Remove the PvP Protection upgrade completely (except for 14 days protection for new players). (186 votes [29.76%])

Percentage of vote: 29.76%

2. Voted Keep PvP Protection, but lower the amount of gold it protects. (84 votes [13.44%])

Percentage of vote: 13.44%

3. Voted Leave the PvP Protection upgrade as it currently is. (355 votes [56.80%])

Percentage of vote: 56.80%

Vote

#41 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:21

I think you saw what happened last time with the smasher medal, The lower lvls were hitting everyone and everything that was in reach and hitting constantly. If you ever want a younger base group here and hopefully grow the game this cannot happen,,at my lvl i dont care as i hit everyone that hits me, bounty, who cares, i get the lvls back in few hours even if it`s a hundred,,thanks, red

#42 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:22

what about gvg? playing devils advocate a bit, : P. Why does everyone feel "WRONGED" if they get hit in pvp. hit back, bounty, or shut up. 3 good options in my honest opinion.

Why do PvPers feel WRONGED when they can't take a few months' worth of other player's XP and all of their gold in one hit? Go bother people who like losing all that instead, definitely a good option in my opinion. :roll: And why do some PvPers feel wronged when they get bountied? Don't want a bounty on ya? Then don't attack other players. Pretty simple.

Personally, I don't care so much about the gold. I just hate losing levels because a player I've never interacted with felt like he/she had to thump their tiny chest to prove how *1337* they are. Don't get me wrong, there are quite a few PvPers I get along with just fine in the game. Then again, there's a very active minority who use PvP as nothing but a way to annoy other players. I know I'm not overly impressed with a player's ability to spam their attack button, and I'm not about to fall down and worship at their feet either, much to the upset of those particular PvP-types.

There are some PvPers who act that way. But I see far more levelers who overreact on a 10 stamina prestige hit. that costs someone 5 levels on the BB.

#43 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:22

hoof as a cash donation player if it is remove i will in fact leave the game i am not one who likes the pvp part of the game and it should not be forced on me i am more then fine paying the fsp for the protection so its up to you if its removed u will in fact lose yet another major donation player from the game the game is dieing as it is with all this changes and the pvp area of the game is why people have left the game..

The game didn't have a PvP Protection upgrade for years (literally) - I'm actually wondering if having it detracts some of the fun from the game to be honest.

What are your thoughts on keeping it but just reducing the amount of gold it protects?

#44 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:23

what about gvg? playing devils advocate a bit, : P. Why does everyone feel "WRONGED" if they get hit in pvp. hit back, bounty, or shut up. 3 good options in my honest opinion.

Why do PvPers feel WRONGED when they can't take a few months' worth of other player's XP and all of their gold in one hit? Go bother people who like losing all that instead, definitely a good option in my opinion. :roll: And why do some PvPers feel wronged when they get bountied? Don't want a bounty on ya? Then don't attack other players. Pretty simple.

Personally, I don't care so much about the gold. I just hate losing levels because a player I've never interacted with felt like he/she had to thump their tiny chest to prove how *1337* they are. Don't get me wrong, there are quite a few PvPers I get along with just fine in the game. Then again, there's a very active minority who use PvP as nothing but a way to annoy other players. I know I'm not overly impressed with a player's ability to spam their attack button, and I'm not about to fall down and worship at their feet either, much to the upset of those particular PvP-types.

There are some PvPers who act that way. But I see far more levelers who overreact on a 10 stamina prestige hit. that costs someone 5 levels on the BB.

10 stam hit 5k stam to regain levels?lol

#45 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Why don't we get the option to opt out for free??? Oh yeah, 'cause so many people would opt out PvP really WOULD be dead. As it is it's 90% hitting people that don't want to be hit, and aren't likely to "enjoy" the process...

How about require pvping in order to level? force a merger, = ) HAHA

#46 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

If protection is to stay in some form, please reduce the gold protection dramatically or completely.

If it is removed cheapen xp lock to say 5 fsp or so, instead of the 25 now.

Personally, I voted option 1.

#47 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:24

How can some of you be against what this game started as? It was a pvp game to begin with, people complaining about what the game's foundation was built upon is non sense. I'm a leveler, and I dont like to lose xp, but i respect the fact that its a part of the game and can happen. This is a diverse game, that why there are so many side activities within it, pvp was one of the originals. If you dont like to get hit, get a good defensive setup to increase your chances not to get hit, have your friends or allies buff you while you are offline. Every setup can be overcome, but the harder you make it for them, the less likely it will be worth it for them.

#48 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Either 1 or 2 would be best for the game, because right now PvP is a limited aspect which usually isn't enjoyed without fights and controversies amongst players.

If 1 is implemented then PvP will become an aspect of the game which is less limited but with more fights and controversies among players... :roll:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#49 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

hoof as a cash donation player if it is remove i will in fact leave the game i am not one who likes the pvp part of the game and it should not be forced on me i am more then fine paying the fsp for the protection so its up to you if its removed u will in fact lose yet another major donation player from the game the game is dieing as it is with all this changes and the pvp area of the game is why people have left the game..

The game didn't have a PvP Protection upgrade for years (literally) - I'm actually wondering if having it detracts some of the fun from the game to be honest.

What are your thoughts on keeping it but just reducing the amount of gold it protects?

Hawk was blatantly trying to force your hand on that comment. like the counter point hoof. why did you make that change?

#50 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:25

Whatever happens i am gonna keep playing and paying i am not gonna be stingy like some people lol :P.i am not gonna give you ultimatums.

#51 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:25

I can't offer a vote without some specifics...

HOW MUCH are you thinking of reducing the gold protection?

Will PvP protection costs drop correspondingly?

Are PvP protections remaining for the durations? If not, what durations (if any)?

I'm sure I'll think of more. ;-)

#52 Sithstress

Sithstress

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:26

There is NO reason for PvP Protection to be in the game in the first place. It is a PvP game after all as said by BG but, then again, that was said back before snap decisions were made about changes that affect the whole game just because a few people were whining on the forums.

Remove it completely, the game was better without it.

#53 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:27

If protection is to stay in some form, please reduce the gold protection dramatically or completely.

very reasonable suggestion. you play the FS political game well maehdros. I don't think it goes far enough ... but no1 is going to get what they really want, haha.

#54 fs_sangdiablo

fs_sangdiablo
  • Guests

I'm not disagreeing on overreactions. Thing is, though, I haven't met anyone who 10 stams still in a VERY long time. I'm not so sure they even exist in the game anymore. Every PvPer seems to 'NEEEEEED' the Smasher medal.

#55 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Hawk was blatantly trying to force your hand on that comment. like the counter point hoof. why did you make that change?

It felt like the right thing to add at the time, but we don't always get it right :)

#56 mistzabuza

mistzabuza

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:28

remove it completely.............. but add just gold protection.....and make gvg better lootable something like new items or relics (just for gvg ) iff win in gvg u gain new skills/buffs/gains :) iff not give us some subclass example iff u are merchant u can have gold protection (iff u are a mentor u can cast buff for free or half cost on lower players and so on......

or add attacker must get hit first:) its pvp game not spk :twisted: (for noobs translate is Sleep Player Killers) :mrgreen: sp pVp

oh maybe u add buff gold protction ....so pvp wont affect your pockets

#57 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

He wont leave hes playing you hoof :P

#58 fs_sangdiablo

fs_sangdiablo
  • Guests

LOL, the edit on my first comment in this particular thread....

...or that.

Basically, it's the same thing.

#59 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:29

hoof the problem you have isnt about all the pvpers some play the game with good morals and are respectful but there has and always will be the odd few who are bullies within a game like they are in real life and hound someone constantly hr after hr is that what you had in mind when you thought of pvp? drop the gold after all its what the pvpers want isnt it? or are some willing to walk up and say nah i dont care of the gold i want to just take a persons xp they took weeks gaining in afew hits?

drop it to a max of 2 million held gold that should please most no cornering the mp then or have pvp protection protect xp like a constant xp lock and not gold like i said personally i dont care if they take the gold ..

#60 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:30

I'm not disagreeing on overreactions. Thing is, though, I haven't met anyone who 10 stams still in a VERY long time. I'm not so sure they even exist in the game anymore. Every PvPer seems to 'NEEEEEED' the Smasher medal.

You would be surprised on how many levlers with "I don't pvp - respect that" hit me on the BB for 100 stamina. something doesn't add up, :twisted:

Although, who wouldn't want to have a big shiny hammer medal? seriously its awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: