• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 dannica2

dannica2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 16:36

Oh. Fixed the 375 set. Set bonus was in Att instead of Arm where it is supposed to be.

what?!?!?.. and I was extremely happy because its damage + armor (plenty to go along with it for offline purposes)..

we have lots of hunting gear for lvl 400 range.. there is no need for an attack + damage anymore.. ughh

#42 dannica2

dannica2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 16:37

That's I said it'd need an EPIC set bonus.

how about a full 9 pc SE set? .. basically useless if one is missing but epic when complete :D

#43 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 16:39

How about a full 9 pc SE set? .. Basically useless if one is missing but epic when complete.  :D

That is what I was talking about?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#44 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 16:40

what?!?!?.. and I was extremely happy because its damage + armor (plenty to go along with it for offline purposes)..

we have lots of hunting gear for lvl 400 range.. there is no need for an attack + damage anymore.. ughh

Grim got his wording muddled up there. He actually changed the erroneous Atk stat on the set bonus into the arm stat that it was intended to be.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#45 dannica2

dannica2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 16:55

Grim got his wording muddled up there. He actually changed the erroneous Atk stat on the set bonus into the arm stat that it was intended to be.

oh  i see.. phew.. good to know then

#46 dannica2

dannica2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 16:56

That is what I was talking about?

i thought you were referring to normal 9 pc sets (usually unique).. i dont think there is a legendary one either

#47 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2013 - 18:00

maybe add a container drop of random amount frags to the se i could see that working on a se event day but overflowing the game with them do you guys really want to see the prices drop that low?

#48 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 20:38

*sigh*

You realise your post is a giant contradiction, right?

You want SE gear to remain rare, yet you want the choice to keep all the drops you get?

Perhaps if you ask Hoof really, REALLY nicely he'll make it so everyone gets their drops auto fragmented, except you.

Would that work? :P

That would work great I dunno whats is contradictory to it,, I like them rare meaning I do not think it would be a good idea nor would I like to see a SE log full of drops. To us,, and Rippy feels just as strongly about this, SEs are special creatures you got to work extra hard for and have,, in most cases extra nice gear that you got to work for to get a set. 

Auto frag is a totally different story I would hate that! I think the idea of a SE event might be kind of fun but tried to show a example,, a poor one,,, of how it would cause problems. I used destroyer pot for a example and you missed the point because pots dont frag so how about I leveled to 400 before the event and during this event found a observer?? Can you guess how many and which words ill use when I find that a piece I needed and wanted was auto broke???

SE event,, ok idea  auto frag,, gods no!

Id rather see LEs stick with the events and SEs be the hunted like now tho

It's my intention to add more as time goes along. I will not be giving warning regarding them. LEs, sure. SEs, no.

Sweet!

#49 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 20:46

Well, if you tried hunting SE's on a day that you KNEW all the items were going to be auto-fragmented. Who's fault would it be, really. Seriously, you're looking for a problem that doesn't exist, unless you MAKE it exist.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#50 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 September 2013 - 21:03

how about I leveled to 400 before the event and during this event found a observer?? Can you guess how many and which words ill use when I find that a piece I needed and wanted was auto broke???

SE event,, ok idea  auto frag,, gods no!

If there was an SE event, then you'd not have to "FIND" a XIND OBSERVER - they'd be all over the place just like in an LE event or crystalline event.

Having an event where there may just be 1  SE on a map at any given time would be kind of pointless, don't you think ? LOL

So, yes, IF there was an SE event, to protect item prices and scarcity, it would have to be set to auto-fragment - or, remove the SE's who's drops still have value (like, for instance, the 2 new ones). And, remove items like Malphas Potion from the drop list etc etc etc

But, I really don't see an SE event of this type happening, so the point is probably moot.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#51 Neomaxiums

Neomaxiums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 September 2013 - 21:23

Since no one wanted to post em yet :P

0f9303d2-afbe-4fc5-a86c-87e7225aa2a2_zps

#52 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 21:37

Well, if you tried hunting SE's on a day that you KNEW all the items were going to be auto-fragmented. Who's fault would it be, really. Seriously, you're looking for a problem that doesn't exist, unless you MAKE it exist.

To me the problem is there,, dont make SEs into LEs they are 2 different types that work the way they are. I would HATE any thing that forced me to break anything.

Keep SEs to be hunted keep LEs for events. Dont get me wrong it sounds hella fun but without auto break it would totally flood things and with auto break you take the choice away,, what about people who do LE events to sell or feed their favorite composer?? What about people who wanted a set??

I think this is why deathspinner was left a SE,,it keeps a pretty good rarity for that type but allows us to get some without taking 10 years.

If there was an SE event, then you'd not have to "FIND" a XIND OBSERVER - they'd be all over the place just like in an LE event or crystalline event.

Having an event where there may just be 1  SE on a map at any given time would be kind of pointless, don't you think ? LOL

So, yes, IF there was an SE event, to protect item prices and scarcity, it would have to be set to auto-fragment - or, remove the SE's who's drops still have value (like, for instance, the 2 new ones). And, remove items like Malphas Potion from the drop list etc etc etc

But, I really don't see an SE event of this type happening, so the point is probably moot.

A event that turns SEs into LEs just doesnt seem to be a great idea, now we are adding ones that wont be included or change things like destroyer pot,,, and nobody has pointed it out so I will,, how many SEs dont drop gear but res and recipes?

As I said before could be hella fun but would mess a lot of stuff up so I agree with you its probably not gonna happen and moot. 

#53 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 21:44

Farming deathspinner goes against the spirit of the game. It's just another 'cheap' thing to do for players that only care about the bottom line, instead of the RPG of FS.

A SE EVENT, with the medals disabled and all gear auto fragmented would only last for as long as the event lasted. Players wanting a set, or wanting to trade items would still be able to do so, the very second the event ended. Once again, I think you're reasoning behind not wanting a SE event is flawed. You're looking at it from a very narrow angle. Searching for problems that aren't there.

Remember my first thought was that SE's needed their drop rates tweaked, but then you complained that your gear would lose value, so I mentioned a SE event, once again you found something to complain about, now you WANT the creatures to drop items, even though it contradicts your first objection.

All I'm looking for is a way to collect SE fragments without doing it the 'cheap' way. Could I go and farm the creeps and make deathspinner amulets? Of course I could, but it just feels VERY wrong to me.

As for not going to happen, Grim already commented about it, lets not write it off just yet. ;)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#54 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 21:52

you dont have to farm deathspinner to get SE items you can also pay 25k in the caves to get some to compose with

#55 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 22:00

Your complaint about deathspinner was almost word for word what I said about it and the reply was they know and are ok with it. To me that made sense because yea getting 1000 pieces would take years hunting a real SE.

I think im confusing you tho,, I am ok with a slight tweak to drop rates, I just dont want to see all the SE log having a drop any more than you hate to see a full log with no drop. A middle ground here would be just fine.

A SE event to me just seems like it would not work well, especially the things I mentioned like having to go through and turn of fdrops for destroyer pot but also make ways to do something or remove from the event the ones that are recipe and res only. 

But my biggest gripe is and has been forced frag, I hate being forced to do anything

Maybe something like this can work, I wont write it off totally but I think LEs were made to be the way they are and SEs the same it just confuses things to change one into the other like it would be confusing to release the scarab linen guy like a SE and have one appear somewhere in burning sands at a time. 

#56 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 22:06

You don't have to farm deathspinner to get SE items, you can also pay 25k in the caves to get some to compose with.

Scavenging caves. That's a swear word in my opinion!!!

Besides that's just the same as 'buying' frags. Something I'm also not overly fond of.

What exactly is wrong with an event were the SE's storm the realms. As long as there are no easy medals or flooded gear. Just fragments for composing... :S

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#57 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 00:40

Scavenging caves. That's a swear word in my opinion!!!

Besides that's just the same as 'buying' frags. Something I'm also not overly fond of.

What exactly is wrong with an event were the SE's storm the realms. As long as there are no easy medals or flooded gear. Just fragments for composing... :S

nothing I guess

as long as its with advance notice so nobody goes out to SE hunt and loses a drop

IF and this is it because its a big IF,,its just as easy to do as just release a LE event with LEs that work just like they were meant to do. If its harder or more work then no id rather see the time spent on adding the new SEs Grim mentioned was planned and LE events as well.

To me its the extra work just to make a SE instead of LE, as I mentioned many are res and recipe so they would not be included which isnt much work. Guys with alt drops like destroyer are few and between but got to be a pain to go code out that drop then code back in then hope theres no bugs from it. Then I dunno about coding but sounds like a bit of work to change a random spawner to a event spawner. 

otherwise I got no complaints to this idea

As far as the other options go I understand that its not what you think should be but everyone has one thing they dont really like but sometimes ,,, the good of the many outweigh the needs of the one. To quote Mr Spock.

To me they found a problem,,, to get enough SE frags with just regular SEs means only ruby hunters are gonna pass whatever level that type comes into play and so leaving one set of creatures in one area was a pretty good compromise,, and yes one I complained about before I was told they know and intend to keep that,, then I thought about it and yea a good fix and way to make it work.

Caves, yea I hate those too but yet another option and nobody is forced to hunt SE, compose or anything which is another reason I would not like forced frag for anything,, FS isnt about forcing anyone to do optional stuff.

So if you want to get your SE frags solely by hunting SE then more power to you :)

I have thought a bit about this since last post tho,,, how bad would it be,,, and hear me out. IF

They made a SE event, picked a few and spawned them maybe a bit less than LEs but say 1-3 for each of their realms with instant spawn?

Drops are left and option to frag or use or drop or sell is left alone.

And medals work

For only one day and with a more limited spawn amount it could be a lot of fun!!! A LOT of fun!!! and while it would drop prices a bit and maybe be seen as a "easy" medal it could be done in a way that the least desirable SEs were the released ones and only a couple each event which are also widely spaced out.

They could also change the res and recipe guys to drop some crap set thats still SE for that event :)

Some may say I contradict myself I think its because I am not rigid on either side here but would like to see it kept in the middle of both extremes :)

#58 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:03

Since no one wanted to post em yet :P

0f9303d2-afbe-4fc5-a86c-87e7225aa2a2_zps

I want those stats .... seems like u need to wither and 2 hit kill it with imp.

#59 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:40

It's not. My post says that I took the set bonus which was Att (in error) and put it on to Arm, which it is meant to be.

As for the rest, play nice!

#60 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:06

The way this thread is going, apparently a lot of you "lived" Mark Twain's tale, The Story of the Old Ram.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: