Photo

Deflect on the ladder

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Should deflect work on the ladder? (102 member(s) have cast votes)

Should deflect work on the ladder?

1. Voted NO (41 votes [40.20%])

Percentage of vote: 40.20%

2. Voted YES (55 votes [53.92%])

Percentage of vote: 53.92%

3. Voted I don't know (6 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 ripplelady

ripplelady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 19:48

I didnt post to anyone specific but if the boot fits buy the pair, im SO tired of people who arent even playing the ladder comming up with new and stupid ways to ruin it for everyone else!
The arguements against deflect will end up being the same arguements for last ditch, force shield or any other buff someone uses to defend themself when offline from one of these real pvpers :lol:

"maybe some people wanna play the ladder, but the stupid deflect clause has them not wanting to waste their time." (doesn't deflect makes them give up on bountys, GvGs, and robbing people too!)
And why is it always the people seem to be obsessed with making changes to or seperating those players from the rest of the game with extra and silly rules?

A"lso, I believe the ladder shouldn't be based on your ability to have luck buff deflect activate."
(so it should be based on who's on more??? Because taking out the chance of a missed attack means the winner will be the guy who got the free and in no way prevented attack every hour.)

"It should be based on your ability to defend offline attacks or so"
(getting all the buffs you can is part of this including a buff to make them miss :P )

" I mean, if you can't defend yourself offline without deflect, don't opt in. "
(if you cant wait a hour to attack your opponent dont opt in,,if one attack ((in your mind)) means the difference between winning and losing dont opt in,, if you cant handle something as small as 1 missed attack dont opt in,,if one little buff is the excuses for your failure dont opt in

And Windbattle,,,, hes right +1000

#42 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:38

I didnt post to anyone specific but if the boot fits buy the pair, im SO tired of people who arent even playing the ladder comming up with new and stupid ways to ruin it for everyone else!
The arguements against deflect will end up being the same arguements for last ditch, force shield or any other buff someone uses to defend themself when offline from one of these real pvpers :lol:

"maybe some people wanna play the ladder, but the stupid deflect clause has them not wanting to waste their time." (doesn't deflect makes them give up on bountys, GvGs, and robbing people too!)
And why is it always the people seem to be obsessed with making changes to or seperating those players from the rest of the game with extra and silly rules?

A"lso, I believe the ladder shouldn't be based on your ability to have luck buff deflect activate."
(so it should be based on who's on more??? Because taking out the chance of a missed attack means the winner will be the guy who got the free and in no way prevented attack every hour.)

"It should be based on your ability to defend offline attacks or so"
(getting all the buffs you can is part of this including a buff to make them miss :P )

" I mean, if you can't defend yourself offline without deflect, don't opt in. "
(if you cant wait a hour to attack your opponent dont opt in,,if one attack ((in your mind)) means the difference between winning and losing dont opt in,, if you cant handle something as small as 1 missed attack dont opt in,,if one little buff is the excuses for your failure dont opt in

And Windbattle,,,, hes right +1000

Your argument is invalid, lol.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#43 Denyza

Denyza

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Indonesia

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:36

Yet again, I argued a "real" PvP-er and expected to win...
I only have myself to blame...
*walks away sadly

LastSignature_zps9cb1e771.jpg

#44 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:43

Yet again, I argued a "real" PvP-er and expected to win...
I only have myself to blame...
*walks away sadly

Priceless.

#45 Coatzin

Coatzin

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 16:01

We can look at making it not work on the PvP Ladder, what about Guild Conflicts as well?

Don't remove it please, or at least put an in-game poll before doing this sort of change. Maybe a good compromise would be to lower it to 0.2% chance per point to activate.

#46 ripplelady

ripplelady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 18:16

No in game poll needed,,,,

NO 49% [ 33 ]
YES 43% [ 29 ]
I don't know 7% [ 5 ]
Total votes : 67

This has already failed

#47 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 16 April 2012 - 18:48

This has already failed

That's for hoof to decide :)

#48 fs_baracuda23

fs_baracuda23
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 19:30

NO 49% [ 33 ]
YES 43% [ 29 ]
I don't know 7% [ 5 ]

This has already failed

Actually,if we remember how the last in game poll went i wouldnt say that yet :(

And on the topic,i am a ladder player,and no deflect should not be removed. Dont like it,get
antideflect or sb 250. Ladders are always won by those who are on more. If your on twenty hours and your competition is only on ten, youve got a dang good chance of winning. Add in no deflect and itll be a complete disaster. This change would drive people to leave the ladder not the opposite,since those who do depend on deflect at least partially (and that is at least 80% of ladder players probably) will leave en masse. And to those who say it wastes time, are you kidding? This is how i do it:log in every hour,do a couple hits in 5 minutes. If i get deflected, oh well,try again later. Leave for an hour,come back,repeat. Just because you get deflected doesnt mean you have to stay on for the entire hour. And if you actually want to win, you need to hit every hour anyway,so whats the big deal? I would more say remove it from the BB than the ladder. :?

#49 ripplelady

ripplelady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 19:39

NO 49% [ 33 ]
YES 43% [ 29 ]
I don't know 7% [ 5 ]

This has already failed

Actually,if we remember how the last in game poll went i wouldnt say that yet :(

And on the topic,i am a ladder player,and no deflect should not be removed. Dont like it,get
antideflect or sb 250. Ladders are always won by those who are on more. If your on twenty hours and your competition is only on ten, youve got a dang good chance of winning. Add in no deflect and itll be a complete disaster. This change would drive people to leave the ladder not the opposite,since those who do depend on deflect at least partially (and that is at least 80% of ladder players probably) will leave en masse. And to those who say it wastes time, are you kidding? This is how i do it:log in every hour,do a couple hits in 5 minutes. If i get deflected, oh well,try again later. Leave for an hour,come back,repeat. Just because you get deflected doesnt mean you have to stay on for the entire hour. And if you actually want to win, you need to hit every hour anyway,so whats the big deal? I would more say remove it from the BB than the ladder. :?

Hes right

And yes we should let Hoof decide! Hoof is this split poll enough to let this idea die or can we get a game poll too? If you plan to take deflect out then do it for everything and not just ladder but I doubt that will get votes either. Whatever you do please dont put this in game then change it due to massive complaints.

#50 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 April 2012 - 23:19

Hoof, where are you at on this issue? D:

#51 Matetuer

Matetuer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 14:53

Bump

#52 sandra1988

sandra1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 16:50

Can't see why removing deflect removes the "luck" factor on the ladder. So we should remove dispel curse and GS as well, since i personally see them as luck buffs.

Just for example the OP's ladder was previously won with a single swing. So in reality deflect isn't a issue with most ladders as nobody is hitting in the first place. The real issue with the ladders is, people are opting in and winning tokens without hitting a single target.

#53 Dillan2332

Dillan2332

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 17:16

Maybe add an extra xp/gold lose if u use deflect :)

#54 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:27

Deflect is fun, isn't it? //end sarcasm.

10:25 04/Oct/2012
[ Ignore ] Your attack on xxx was deflected. [ Reply | Trade | ST | Buff ]
10:25 04/Oct/2012

#55 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:04

Just like sandra said if you want to remove deflect from ladder remove all buffs require luck.. like GS,HG,SAV,SS and dispel curse...

or another fair solution only make deflect available if defender went offline for more than 1 hour.. this wont let farmers farm their opponents in ladder offline without challenge

#56 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 October 2012 - 17:24

Deflect can go, imo. I prefer to defend myself and have the chance to win a battle than to get that pointless message in my log saying "you deflected the attack" or "your attack was deflected". If you get farmed on the ladder, then farm them back what they took from you. If you opt in, you hit and you get hit.
Deal with farmers the way they deal with you.

;)

#57 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 October 2012 - 17:29

Just like sandra said if you want to remove deflect from ladder remove all buffs require luck.. like GS,HG,SAV,SS and dispel curse...

or another fair solution only make deflect available if defender went offline for more than 1 hour.. this wont let farmers farm their opponents in ladder offline without challenge

I agree.
I think the ladder would be a better place without the lucky buffs. You can be buffed to the neck and have uber buffs running and still lose to someone in stam gear.
(I was the one in stam gear, btw.. lol)

:)

#58 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:21

10:20 05/Oct/2012

#59 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:17

10:20 05/Oct/2012

Buff work right .. whats wrong? you just ask for changing something has been there since game started

Just looking forward to change new things before old things

#60 fs_littledog9

fs_littledog9
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2012 - 18:29

of course deflect should work on the ladder. like to play it on occasion, and you already have to log in often enough as is... there should be a limited amount of offline protection for players that like to, you know, sleep and work and have lives outside of the internet. and deflect serves that purpose well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: