Photo

WK and FKQ (3rd try...last 2 showed blank on my screen)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#41 StangValle

StangValle

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:20

Lets just have a dance party. It would be fun.

#42 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:27

looks like you enjoy this war :D

#43 fs_anaiis

fs_anaiis
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:30

looks like you enjoy this war :D

We're all enjoying it immensely :lol:

#44 fs_anaiis

fs_anaiis
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:34

like i told your member when he pmd me if thats what you want them be honest about it there si no need to make up a reason to fight if all you want is some action. which according to him there is plenty to be had. you want war just for the fun of it then say so but dont trump something up just for the sake of garnering support from your allies.

bottom line your member should have and could have took up the bounties on the 2 who took the bounty on him for that failed attempt which like i already said him losing the full 5 for that was silly to begin with. BUT you know what he didnt do it now your mad because he didnt and want all of FS to join in and avenge the folly of him not taking up a bounty he had 48 hours to do?

The member in question was spending time with his new baby daughter and didn't get back online in time. Real life and all that, you know? And support from allies? WK hasn't asked for nor needed support from allies.

#45 StangValle

StangValle

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:53

Lets all dance then. Dance to the music! Dance to the music!
Hmm. I see bouties that have been up for almost 48 hours. Get off that chair in the corner and dance FKQ!

#46 EJames2100

EJames2100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:30

Nowt to do with this but Jharryl, if you change the and into [img and [/img] then they will work ;)

An attack is an attack really, but I think 5 lvls for a failed attack is a little overboard, a bounty is acceptable and maybe a lvl or 2 taken is the limit ;)

#47 Ali

Ali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 18:18

For the same reason that a RL attempted murder has a less drastic punishment than a completed one. Or why any other attempted crime for that matter.

I, personally, feel (and felt at the time it was being discussed) that taking 5 levels for a failed attack was excessive. We would definitely do it for a successful one, and with no apologies. It's LEGAL, but is it RIGHT? I would say no; that it was a serious error in judgement. I also happen to know that several other members of my guild feel the same way (although clearly not all of them...) For my part, I would like to offer an apology to the Warrior Kings and to the player involved for this. It points to a need for us to clarify what our standards are for bounties, especially ones that involve deleveling.

Your point intregues me here, why are you of the opinion that a phaled attack warrants less of a punishment than a successful one? Why is it common perceptive that the outcome is much more important than the intent/motive behind the action?

I shall now go and look for a rock to hide under before someone tells me to crawl under one! :wink:

#48 spidey101

spidey101

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 20:08

I think this is funny. A failed attack should be bountied imo but no delevel party is needed. If the attack had lost the person exp or gold then sure throw your party.

#49 Jharryl2

Jharryl2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 21:44

Nowt to do with this but Jharryl, if you change the and into [img and [/img] then they will work ;)

An attack is an attack really, but I think 5 lvls for a failed attack is a little overboard, a bounty is acceptable and maybe a lvl or 2 taken is the limit ;)

rats...didn't fix them.

#50 fs_silknight

fs_silknight
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:25

tl;dr

got a summary?

#51 EJames2100

EJames2100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:43

The Image link is wrong, go to the URL's you have and click the image and then put that URL that's in the address bar into IMG tags ;)

#52 HazedOne

HazedOne

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:14

Lets all dance then. Dance to the music! Dance to the music!

we can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends dont dance
And if they dont dance
Well they're no friends of mine

... i have no opinion about any of this other than all the funnest bounties in FS are reserved for blah blah blah... :(

#53 fs_mags

fs_mags
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2009 - 01:40

now that horrible song is going to be in my mind! :D

... actually, make that both songs!

#54 fs_silknight

fs_silknight
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:31

The song will last until HCS makes a ring that the Golden Cockatrice drops.

You know, the one with stam and stam gain bonuses?

#55 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 18:35

The Worst Apology Ever! :lol:

#56 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 18:45

so, let me get this straight, you guys TALKED, not messaged, over skype just t clear the war? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

#57 fs_swords79

fs_swords79
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2009 - 19:23

so, let me get this straight, you guys TALKED, not messaged, over skype just t clear the war? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

the old fashioned way. personal face to face. :P

#58 jaikarthik

jaikarthik

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 19:35

i was ordered to give an apology.. so here it is because im just angry enough to do it the fury way..

Why i have to apologise for something i wasnt here 4 ill never know but here goes.. ( keep in mind i was pushed and like a wise woman rammed down my throat tonight.. push me ill push u back.. thanks for all the help aniias )

im sorry lowkuss is a pk'r im sorry he does things like log in hit someone then dont log in for over 2 days.. see cut and paste below or check his in game profile

lowkuss
Warlord of Warrior Kings
Last Activity: 2 days, 11 hours, 0 mins, 56 secs.

im sorry that his needeing to stay out of game due to family obligations ( totally understandable ) give people like stangvalle what he enjoys most in game.. see cut and paste below

im also sorry their leader makes one deal on the phone then changes it entirely in the matter of hours and then says he didnt say what he said..

im also sorry i didd that conference call with 5 of their people last night because of it i lost my place in school and will have to repeat the module if i can find a new sitter for my son.

=======================================
[1] StangValle says: fury, you are getting your fsp back, we would rather keep this going
[2] StangValle says: yes, did you get your fsp back?
[2] StangValle says: we dont give a flying larks a lordy about fsp. i just want to delevel people

===============================================

and most of all im sorry i logged in that night because otherwise i wouldnt have to get skype calls at 2 am from lovely people like the 2 i got one from tonight demanding i give them an apology for lowkuss getting de leveled ( see 1st paragraph i want even active in game at the time of the attack yet they needed an apology from me )

so there u are aniias and stang there is ur apology from ME.

sincerely,
Mo aka CallMeFury

shame u r not in my lvl range :( i would have accepted ur apology with hourly 100 stam hits.. why dont u get up on bb and let me thank u properly ??

#59 fs_bolverk93

fs_bolverk93
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2009 - 14:31

Now, this is starting to sound a lot like the last "war" I participated in - prostrations about "honour"..the "ethics" behind the attack...the complete and utter lack of a backbone by the opposing Guild, etc etc etc. I believe this sums it up nicely -

"
The coward believes he will live forever
If he holds back in the battle,
But in old age he shall have no peace
Though spears have spared his limbs "
Havamal, stanza 16

#60 fs_spartan007

fs_spartan007
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2009 - 14:19

For the same reason that a RL attempted murder has a less drastic punishment than a completed one. Or why any other attempted crime for that matter.

I, personally, feel (and felt at the time it was being discussed) that taking 5 levels for a failed attack was excessive. We would definitely do it for a successful one, and with no apologies. It's LEGAL, but is it RIGHT? I would say no; that it was a serious error in judgement. I also happen to know that several other members of my guild feel the same way (although clearly not all of them...) For my part, I would like to offer an apology to the Warrior Kings and to the player involved for this. It points to a need for us to clarify what our standards are for bounties, especially ones that involve deleveling.

Your point intregues me here, why are you of the opinion that a phaled attack warrants less of a punishment than a successful one? Why is it common perceptive that the outcome is much more important than the intent/motive behind the action?

I shall now go and look for a rock to hide under before someone tells me to crawl under one! :wink:

Well that is a good point, but in the end being right can only be based on how well one can argue for his/her point of view and gain support for that view, that's why being a good lawyer = lots of $$.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: