Photo

FSH key components

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

Poll: Fallen Sword Helper (208 member(s) have cast votes)

What features should take priority?

1. Footprints (68 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

2. Quick Kill / Drink / Drop / Send (127 votes [11.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.67%

3. Quick Buff (101 votes [9.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.28%

4. Bio feature to sell buffs (84 votes [7.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.72%

5. Do Not Kill list (59 votes [5.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.42%

6. Guild Inventory (81 votes [7.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.44%

7. Show Gold on Player (24 votes [2.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.21%

8. Combat Logs (38 votes [3.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.49%

9. Online Allies/Enemies (45 votes [4.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.14%

10. Highlight PvP / GvG Targets (44 votes [4.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.04%

11. Sortable Guild Advisor (49 votes [4.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.50%

12. "Last 7 Days" on the guild advisor (33 votes [3.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

13. Combat Evaluation (69 votes [6.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.34%

14. Recipe Manager (46 votes [4.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.23%

15. Quick Recall / Quick Wear (86 votes [7.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.90%

16. Backpack Manager AH links & "Check All" (67 votes [6.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.16%

17. Add ZERO features (4 votes [0.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.37%

18. Add ALL suggested features (28 votes [2.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.57%

19. Fetch Creature Stats (from UFSG) (35 votes [3.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.22%

What features should take priority? (Continued)

1. Search for Buffs (70 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Default Hunting Buffs (39 votes [18.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.57%

3. Quick Extract Components (60 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

4. Bulk Sell (16 votes [7.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.62%

5. Wanted / Active Bounties (7 votes [3.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

6. Finish off AH integration (8 votes [3.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.81%

7. Creature Logs (2 votes [0.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.95%

8. Personal Inventory Manager (8 votes [3.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 July 2013 - 23:33

I also use the Quick Recall to BP or GS/ Quick Wear functions in the Recall page. This wasn't in your list. 

It is now :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#42 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 July 2013 - 23:37

Auction House links in Manage Backpack.. select all of same type ability in Manage Backpack

Poll option added.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#43 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 23:38

As looooooonnnnnnngggggggg time non-user of FSH (as in NEVER!), where is my choice to select none of the above?

#44 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 July 2013 - 23:42

As looooooonnnnnnngggggggg time non-user of FSH (as in NEVER!), where is my choice to select none of the above?

You have that choice - just don't select anything ;)

Added that option tho, for the sake of completeness.

#45 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 23:44

The log message from Hoof was just to try and get some more players input to the thread. There's very few player votes so far - so it needs more attention before Hoof can pick which aspects to incorporate first :)

Coolio hes got that kind of interest in this post,,, Ripple also votes on the not listed "all of the above"

please add all of the above if you added none of the above

#46 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 23:48

can we have negative votes on features we would dislike being in the game and would like removed from the FSHelper?  :P

#47 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 July 2013 - 23:50

Coolio hes got that kind of interest in this post,,, Ripple also votes on the not listed "all of the above"

please add all of the above if you added none of the above

Of course he got interested in the post - he ASKED me to make in the first place ...

ALL OF THE SUGGESTED FEATURES is now a voting option too

#48 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 July 2013 - 23:50

can we have negative votes on features we would dislike being in the game and would like removed from the FSHelper?  :P

There's a couple I'd definately tick if that were the case .. but that feature isn't available LOL

#49 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 29 July 2013 - 00:08

The Fallensword overlay [peach background] needs to be changed to transparent as it's not compatible with customized themes and I'm not just saying that as a theme artist...it really has no place being there so please make it transparent

bug2_zps29f794f7.png

and I think this might be a bug

navbug_zps55b560b2.png

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#50 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 00:13

I don't use helper.  There!  I said it!  I wouldn't even know how to get it going, being of a technically deprived mentality.  BUT....there's all this other stuff that's been hanging fire for several years now:  how about finishing that before tearing off on a tangent to fix the helper.   It would seem to me that Hoof and the cows are trying to be all things to all players, and it just isn't working out.

#51 Matetuer

Matetuer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 00:14

From a coder/developer point of view, I would like to see the features which are more resource intensive (bandwidth and database for example) being rolled out first to improve game and player performance.

In some cases we can nail more than one bird with one update. For example:
At the moment, there's a feature where you can highlight and ask for buffs.
there's also a feature where you can search for buffs (by name) in bio's
The latter uses about 30MB of data each time you do a detailed search. What I would like to see is a function/feature where by you can choose an option to "sell buffs" and attach a price to them. They will be listed in your bio and people can select (tick boxes) the ones they want.
You can have an upgradable feature for buff packs
With that functionality there, you then can have a new page where you can search for buffers so you go to the page and can tick boxes to find people with the buffs you want (also listing their prices) with people only appear if they are online for ~15-30 mins for example.

There's a bunch of other changes like this and I think they would be better for improving the overall performance from a server and local point of view.

+1 for the buffers page

#52 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 July 2013 - 00:14

The Fallensword overlay [peach background] needs to be changed to transparent as it's not compatible with customized themes and I'm not just saying that as a theme artist...it really has no place being there so please make it transparent

and I think this might be a bug

Relevence to the FSH ? - I sit corrected, there is a connection :)

#53 Dradin

Dradin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 July 2013 - 00:16

I always like to see the Management Team looking at ways to improve the game.   I know that this might not be the right place,  but for the sake of being a new topic, it will get looked at more here.

As a founder I know that the game has lost tons of players over time, and that new players are even hard to find at times. When they join small guilds who are recruitng they often times quite the game as they are not getting the "guild activity or support".  Not saying it is a small guilds fault, just stating some reasons why they leave, as i chat with lots of players.

If there was a way were two guilds could merge together, with the founders still being in Founder positions.

But allow the 2nd founder of the guild merging into the larger or main guild  to retain ownership rights of that guilds gear. No one has to give up rights/ or ownership of gear they spent cash on. ( IE...  Guild Founder of Main Guild has rights to his guilds gear, and any future guild gear, Founder who merged his guild to the other guild has owner ship of his old guilds gear, but the whole guild can use any guild gear). I feel this would help the game in several ways.  

1. This would Foster more guilds to consider merger's.  The end result is there would be more guild activity.   Which leads to more players sticking to the game.

2. Better equiped guilds which will benefit the players more. 

3. No one has to give up rights/ or ownership of gear they spent cash on.

4. Would be less Guilds in the server to maintain stats for, thus streamlining the servers.

5. Less Guilds to select from when Joining for new players so they might be in a better environemnt when they do join a guild.

6. Stronger guilds equals more players in the game.

I am sure there are more benefits to this if allowed.

2nd topic is  Tied to your topic, speeding things up and helping the game move more stream lined.

Why can we not move dead guilds to a holding server?   If no active players then move then.  If one comes online move it back to active.    As well, Guilds that are Dead should be removed from the Rankings.

This could even be done with players who have went inactive.  It would give a more realistic view of were players/ and Guilds are ranked who are active.

Thanks  Dradin

#54 Celebregil

Celebregil

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 00:17

Ok, I'm going to take a stab in the dark here after a conversation I had last week with a developer where I work.  We have a product, and we have various scripts, executables, and tools to gather data and run an analysis on the data to determine what's good and what's bad.  It's something I see from many large companies.  The question that we pondered is why do we need these tools, the gathers and decoders, to determine how the system is doing?

The answer was that it was not written in the code to begin with, and the developers did not want to take the necessary time away from other projects to fix and/or implement the pieces.  And with time, other people wrote tools that would fill in those holes that developers did not want to deal with, and enhanced the product experience for other people in the long run.

After reading this thread, the FSH developers a few and far between.  Still a very helpful tool, but lacking any real updates because of other priorities, and that's ok.  They did this in their free time, we shouldn't expect support, but we should thank them for taking the time to address some shortcomings, and making the game more enjoyable.

My vote, fix the problems and fill the holes that other tools have been created to fill.  Unfortunately, I don't think that would be a popular vote, because it would affect the time needed to implemented new content and ideas into the game and draw more people to enjoy what we have enjoyed.  The same reason many of the companies I work with fall back on...alas.  But it is certainly something that could be worked on in concert with any new ideas that are spawned to enhance the game, and that is what I'd like to propose.  The niceties that the FSH tool has given us implemented into the game itself, or at least some notion that this is happening or going to happen. 

#55 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 00:28

I would start with FSH that dont work anymore, for example Footprints and Combat Log.

That said, i would like to see all FSH implemented, lets be honest, they are already part of the game for a large part of the community, making them available for everyone can only make the game better.

Also Quick Buff, Bio Enhanced text, Do not kill list, Guild Inventory, Guild Advisor features, Combat Evaluation,Quick Recall/Wear, Backpack Managere features, i cant even imagine the game without them.

A few things are missing from the vote options, i think they are important too:

- Fetch Creatures stats in UFSG (it make save a lot of time and page loading);

- Default hunting buffs in World page (a great way to double check what you are missing);

- Search buffs (it wasnt working last hunt, i spent 30 minutes to find a single buff, not a good way to spend time).

There is a thing that scares me though. The way all those features will be implemented. I hope they will be as similar as possible to the current features, implementing them in a different way im afraid would be a downgrade.

So my suggestion is to take feature as they are and implement them, with no changes (just to make an example, AH was working perfectly in FSH, when it was changed  many thing were an improvement and a good job, a few others were not so great, and honestly took me away from AH).

#56 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 July 2013 - 00:28

Would like to see the .[Quick Extract Components] would suck if I had to click all them resources 1 at a time.

#57 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 July 2013 - 00:38

A few things are missing from the vote options, i think they are important too:

- Fetch Creatures stats in UFSG (it make save a lot of time and page loading);

- Default hunting buffs in World page (a great way to double check what you are missing);

- Search buffs (it wasnt working last hunt, i spent 30 minutes to find a single buff, not a good way to spend time).

All good suggestions - can't believe I forgot them. All are now poll options

#58 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 00:43

I didn't take time to read through everyone's input; but if it has not been mentioned as absent by others as of yet, the ability to use hotkeys to change gear in accordance with gear presets is one of the best, and most important features of FSH imo.  Thank you

#59 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 00:44

... Continued ...
  1. Search for Buffs
  2. Default Hunting Buffs

This seems to be an either or choice  -- I'd like both please

#60 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 00:45

One thing that would be nice would be the ability to toggle which features we want and don't want. This way you cover the part of the community that doesn't want or like FSH, but still give everyone the option to custom choose what they do want. I personally didn't like the Footprints feature of FSH, but I know others who hunt SEs might.

A separate settings tab for "advanced" features like how FSH has it's own "FSH Settings" tab would be great.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: