#41 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:24

Yup exactly what i have been saying needs advanced planning, we need notice a week or two in advance :).

Nope. We generally give a day, two at most of notice if we decide to do so at all. That's not likely to change. And,  most of the time, the Community manages to gain Ruby.

Finally, with the intention to run more GEs with Frag Stash prizes, there really is zero need for any advance notice.

#42 Bobbage

Bobbage

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:13

Thanks for these events. We've grown accustomed to them and maybe even take them for granted? (I have) The reward chests are always useful especially if saved up and combined.

Just a bit of feedback/request; Could any new globals be made more varied in play than splatting millions of low level critters? The big rewards maybe could be higher for community challenges which aren't only about numbers killed. Perhaps, like many of the standard quests players could only kill mid or higher level global critters after certain amount of the low level bugs and mini-beasts. Then perhaps the Tiers could be linked with stages of quest rather than just multi-splats.

Or perhaps other aspects of some globals could be linked to the Tiers (e.g. inventing global potions or items)....just another half-baked idea.....

My favourite Global is probably Halloween. We can expect it each year and know we have to conserve stam and work out how to fit it all in.

I didn't put as much time or effort into this as previous globals.  I may have done for the Zogrom/Shroud one as it has the interesting inventing that goes around the splatting.

I do think the rewards for the Gargantuan Mozzy global are interesting though so I regret not prioritising effort into global. Lesson learned and apololgies!

Congrats to all the big splatters who got top100.

Edited by Bobbage, 19 February 2014 - 14:05.

#43 Pussletuse

Pussletuse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 February 2014 - 13:34

Well as they have more events the medals will get higher level.. I'm Happy I got 2 chests.. 

You missed my point. If I qualified for the medal, I also qualified to recieve a chest. I never recieved a chest. I should have recieved a Rusted Iron Box.

#44 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 February 2014 - 15:58

You missed my point. If I qualified for the medal, I also qualified to recieve a chest. I never recieved a chest. I should have recieved a Rusted Iron Box.

I'm pretty sure the wording during the Global Event makes it so that even though you don't reach the top tier the community does, you should still receive something for even 1,000 kills. Some players who are lower level may not have the time/stamina needed to get 4,000 or 5,000 kills in the time (granted I know 4 days is a lot), but even if they get 1,000 or 2,000 kills, they should receive the chests they have "qualified" for through hitting that tier personally. I don't see why you would punish those players who were unable to reach the "community" tier, but at least contributed with at least a thousand kills.

Posting from the GE post on homepage:

"Note that you get the reward for the tier that you have qualified for, for example if the community unlocks Gold, but you qualify for Silver, you will receive 1 x Rusted Iron Box. You don't receive the rewards from lower tiers, only the tier you have qualified for."

Edited by Kedyn, 19 February 2014 - 16:11.

#45 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 February 2014 - 16:10

On a whole other discussion, I tried posting this in the other Global Event thread, but hopefully Grim and Hoof can read it in here as well.

I love the idea of keeping Global Events "secretive". If people would log onto the forums more, Grim did give about a 3-4 day notice with a forum post where he mentioned a GE event was "coming soon". 

Honestly, I think the goal was achievable, even with new content coming out for higher levels. However, I don't think the incentive for the remaining player base (those who do just enough for ruby tier  to those who miss out on the top 100) is enough for the community to "band" together to achieve the goals that were set. While I'm not sure I'd like to really see the additional chests come into the game (as they are extremely powerful), I think giving the ability for players to reach +1 chest without staying in the top 100 would help the "community" reach the goals that Grim and HCS has set. I think setting this goal as a significant kill amount over the "qualifying" amount would definitely be needed (ie 15k, 17.5k or even 20k kills when qualifying for top chest is 5k kills). This would give some incentive to those players who want the extra chest, which could have easily pushed the community in this event to the ruby tier. Remember, when it comes to "community" for most players or people in general, it's more about "what have you done for me recently" than "what can I do for everyone", and this helps to meet the difference needed for the stam needed for top 100 (which was closer to 25-35k without the use of Cons600 or any major potion).

In the time period given for this latest event, even with say 110 stamina gain/hr, players would have only gained a total of 10,560 stamina, which means they would have had to have 15,000-25,000 stamina already saved up to just use, which is almost impossible for many players below I'd probably have to say 500ish - 700ish (I didn't want to overgeneralize with that estimate). While allowing another bonus chest outside of the top 100 would require some players to have stamina saved up as well, it might help gather a few of the players who stay at the 5k mark because they know they won't make the top 100. 

#46 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 17:05

Kudos BraveKath for a well-thought post that gets right to the point. I likie (and liked it, lol).

I think the player that disagreed with it simply confused the concept with the Challenge. One should remember that the prizes for getting in the top 100 has nothing to do with the Community's effort. Remember that they weren't always chest based.

Saying that, getting in the top 100 clearly benefits the Community no matter what level the Community ends up achieving.

People have different goals throughout FS and a GE will always be, and should not be, different.

The purpose of the higher level chests (or whatever the prize for getting in the top 100 is) is simply to give incentive to get into the top 100. Hands down that benefits the Community as a whole. Personally, if somebody wants to stop after putting 50k kills in because they "think" their top 100 spot is assured... I've got zero problems with that. I think they've done more than their part.

Regardless, the incentive still remains anyway because instead of just two, it "could" have been four.

Many thanks to all those who went the distance and made it into the top 100 at the end. To 101-200... better luck next time ,oP

#47 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2014 - 17:19

No confusion on my part whatsoever and i stick by my beliefs/statement. It became a personal goal to get to the top 100 to get 2 "ruby cut boxes" and a player in the top 100 would have gotten these regardless of which tier the community ended up in. I think some did not comprehend this point and it is the key factor here... ;)

#48 Feldshan

Feldshan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 18:00

My reason for not hitting over 5k. Simple With full stamina I made 3.7k kills the first day. Top 100 lowest numbers were already 5k. I have always been against contests to reward the top so many players as it takes away from a communtiy feeling and rewards only the top players yet again making it harder for those of us that don't make the top to feel the gap widen even farther.

I would have tried for higher numbers if there was a goal where if you got say 1k over the goal you would get an extra teir 1 chest if the community made it there, if you got 2k over the 5k goal you would get an extra tier 2 chest if the community made it past that. etc. So if you got 10k kills and the community made the 5k goal you would get an extra ruby chest. A lot more people would try for higher numbers if they felt that it was worth it.

Bottom line: I would never make the top 100 players so it is pointless to try to do anything past the top goal.

#49 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 18:52

No confusion on my part whatsoever and i stick by my beliefs/statement. It became a personal goal to get to the top 100 to get 2 "ruby cut boxes" and a player in the top 100 would have gotten these regardless of which tier the community ended up in. I think some did not comprehend this point and it is the key factor here... ;)

Ok, sorry. I'll correct that: You weren't confused about your beliefs/statement.

Beyond that, you could also be right that the cost for getting an extra two top pots wasn't enough to push those top players who had already secured two. They had, after all, already theoretically secured their place in the top 100 which has the medal value.

I simply disagree that prizes for the top 100 are "harmful". To each their own.

Again, thanks HCS for the GE, congrats to everyone for making Crystal and many thanks to all those who made it possible... whether top 100 or not.

Prosperous smacking! (o0

#50 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2014 - 19:16

Ok, sorry. I'll correct that: You weren't confused about your beliefs/statement.

Beyond that, you could also be right that the cost for getting an extra two top pots wasn't enough to push those top players who had already secured two. They had, after all, already theoretically secured their place in the top 100 which has the medal value.

I simply disagree that prizes for the top 100 are "harmful". To each their own.

Again, thanks HCS for the GE, congrats to everyone for making Crystal and many thanks to all those who made it possible... whether top 100 or not.

Prosperous smacking! (o0

Please re-read what i have written in my initial post and in my subsequent post. I am happy for people to get a reward for finishing in the top 100 contributors BUT that that reward should be two more chests of the same value as to which tier the community managed to achieve. So we managed to achieve the crystal tier on this event, so the top 100 contributors should have received two more crystal chests and not two of the ruby cut boxes... ;)

#51 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 19:34

Yeah, I disagree with you, but that's irrelevant. Prosperous smacking Davros.

#52 Rek

Rek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 20:13

The Ruby Tier wasn't completed it was only around 75% into it.

Note we're working on being able to run Global Events more frequently :)

Not sure if this is a good thing, or a bad thing honestly

It depends, will the chests be less than what they are now if we have more?

I would prefer to have only a few Global events and get some sweet epic chests.

Than have a bunch of Global Events, and only get a few chests that would be little to no help.

~~~~~~~

Also, I find it kind of sad that the FS Group as a whole couldn't come together better on this one.

Had there been more incentive there would have been a lot more players out there...

The last global event, we went how many MILLIONS Above our goal? Couldn't possibly be because of the incentive to reach top 100 was a tad bit more worth the extra stam could it?

No matter, it is a thing of the past now. 

Yes, I did see that 'new content' had been added very shortly previous the global event, and yes, some warning before sending out these big global events that would help players who do all aspects of the game.

That's just my input on this matter, take it how you will.

Big sexy Sig by the one, the only, the marvelous, Beanopoly

#53 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 February 2014 - 22:07

this is proof that we cant win all the time no big deal next time we will cant wait to see the frag stash thanks for the event

#54 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:08

I would have enjoyed it even more if I had gotten something other than just the Bronze Qualifying medal.

Pussletuse - you had to kill 5000 mosquitoes to qualify to receive ANYTHING.  

If the Community only kills enough Global Pest to get the lowest chest, then that's all you get, or if the Community kills enough for the Ruby, then you get that, but each of us has to kill the minimum, which for this event was 5000 kills.

If I understand your various posts, you didn't do that.  If I'm mistaken, I apologize.  If you still feel there's an error, then submit a ticket to HCS as that will be the most constructive way for you to figure out if you were accidentally skipped in the distribution or if you didn't qualify.

#55 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:13

I wanted to thank FS staff for having these events. I do not believe a notification is needed and support the comment earlier that those with less stamina have better chance to get in top 100 list if those with excessive stamina are not full.  I am not here to say lots of stamina is bad but it keeps the game interesting if the global events are random surprises in my opinion.  I think most of you know I play a lot in global events when I am on, and get a chance to. I do use my stamina to max best I can.  I do think that if you manage to get on the top 100 list I support a prize of some kind is always cool. I know for myself that I do not have the stamina to be number one but I can hang on.  I wanted to express that I really enjoy the global events and I hope more of fs community will join us to get the upper chests. I feel if we missed the upper chests,  than we try harder on the next event,  since there are more popping up as mentioned by BigGrim.   I am not here to single any player out and hope you do not take my opinion personal just how I feel and hope FS staff keeps up the good work.  Big hugs to all of the community and to FS staff with big kudos for doing the global events. ^_^ :wub:

#56 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:33

If the Community only kills enough Global Pest to get the lowest chest, then that's all you get, or if the Community kills enough for the Ruby, then you get that, but each of us has to kill the minimum, which for this event was 5000 kills.

If I understand your various posts, you didn't do that.  If I'm mistaken, I apologize.  If you still feel there's an error, then submit a ticket to HCS as that will be the most constructive way for you to figure out if you were accidentally skipped in the distribution or if you didn't qualify.

i am pretty sure you are mistaken..only 1000 kills to quailfy to get a chest of some kind...5000 kills to get ruby chest if the community got there..if he did the 2000+ kills he says he did...he should have received a chest..whatever chest they give for 2000 kills...i got a chest and i did 1150 kills..only a jigsaw chest..but i got something..someone correct me if i am wrong

#57 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:35

I think you're wrong there Kath :)

If a player kills 1000 of 'em but the community hits the maximum, then that player should still get the first reward (the jigsaw box) ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#58 Pussletuse

Pussletuse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:43

This is from the announcment from 14 Feb 2014:

"If you qualified, the reward(s) will be delivered to your mailbox shortly after the event ends. Note that you get the reward for the tier that you have qualified for, for example if the community unlocks Gold, but you qualify for Silver, you will receive 1 x Rusted Iron Box."

I qualified for the silver with over 2000 kills. The community unlocked crystal, I should still get the reward for silver according to what they say above.

Edited by Pussletuse, 20 February 2014 - 02:45.

#59 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:33

It depends, will the chests be less than what they are now if we have more?

We'll create a few new Global Events with Chests but we are also intending in running GEs where the prizes will be the upcoming Frag Stashes, starting with a moderate prize up to really full stashes. The targets for individuals and the Community will be lower for such events.

I qualified for the silver with over 2000 kills. The community unlocked crystal, I should still get the reward for silver according to what they say above.

This is correct.

#60 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:08

Odd :wacko:  I have received 1 x Rusted Iron Box in addition to 1 x Decorated Lock Box for qualifying Gold Tier… :o blink.png

ExtraGQ_Reward.jpg

Based on my understanding of Global Quest reward system, I should only received 1 x Decorated Lock Box. :unsure:

I really only want just 1 box due to my limited BP slots, dear HCS. Can you please take away the extra box :( ? Or else, I might going to wasted it Where is that -Twisted Evil- emotion icon in the old forum?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: