#41 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 March 2013 - 20:53

I don't think Guild Buffer is working yet. Just tried with lvl 175 buff on (43.75% chance to activate). Buffed 12 guildies, one at a time, with a single buff, and it didn't trigger once.

dakkon, thanks for confirming what I tested out (previous page)

Cows, this could you some attention. many people depend on buffers to hunt / play the game. if it isn't working, then I could see less people offering their services.

#42 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 20:55

shield wall = 34% increase to defense (if 4 sets equipped...which is uber easy)...with dispel curse and flinch don't you think this is a wee bit over powered?

same with armor boost.... 34% increase? really....nobody feels that adding 1/3 to armor/def is over powered?

We did suggest reducing it to 0.02% but the feedback was it was too low at that.

If you think it is OP, there are two choices I think:

1) Cap it to a limit of 2 sets - making it a 17% increase.

2) Reduce it to +0.025% (same % increase, but would require 4 sets).

Adding 35% to armor/defense with 1 buff is definitely overpowered. Of course, these will be popular buffs and make EOC players lots of purple dots selling them.
But then again, when you add "win button" buffs like dispel curse it does not surprise me that you are unsure about 35% being over powered. I was thinking your option 2 would work fine. It will still add a nice stat bonus.

#43 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2013 - 21:00

When will the rest of the buffs (the L1800's and, more importantly, the lower level ones) be decided on and thrown out for discussion ??

#44 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 March 2013 - 21:12

When will the rest of the buffs (the L1800's and, more importantly, the lower level ones) be decided on and thrown out for discussion ??

I would like to know that as well. But Guild buffer was level 600 tier though.

#45 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 March 2013 - 21:17

Adding 35% to armor/defense with 1 buff is definitely overpowered. Of course, these will be popular buffs and make EOC players lots of purple dots selling them.
But then again, when you add "win button" buffs like dispel curse it does not surprise me that you are unsure about 35% being over powered. I was thinking your option 2 would work fine. It will still add a nice stat bonus.

Another solution could be to make it PVE. Its going to take so many calculations to figure out if you have a good chance to win in pvp nowadays that its not going to be worth it.

Giving it a bit more thought, Smashing Hammers balanced out the Severe Condition + Ageless + Sanctuary + Terrorize combo. If you throw in more buffs that boost armor, that throws things off balance.

Similarly, Keen Edge balances out Constitution + Nightmare Visage + Flinch + Barricades. If you throw in more buffs that boost defense, that also throws things off balance.

#46 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2013 - 21:40

shield wall = 34% increase to defense (if 4 sets equipped...which is uber easy)...with dispel curse and flinch don't you think this is a wee bit over powered?

same with armor boost.... 34% increase? really....nobody feels that adding 1/3 to armor/def is over powered?

We did suggest reducing it to 0.02% but the feedback was it was too low at that.

If you think it is OP, there are two choices I think:

1) Cap it to a limit of 2 sets - making it a 17% increase.

2) Reduce it to +0.025% (same % increase, but would require 4 sets).

Currently they give a counter to Keen Edge and Smashing Hammer. If we reduce or cap the new skills, we should probably also apply the same to Keen Edge and Smashing Hammer. Therefore I think we should leave them as they are for now. We can always look at them again in the future.

#47 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2013 - 21:45

We've just fixed an issue with the Guild Buffer and Anchored skills not working correctly.

#48 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2013 - 21:47

What is the order of activation on Gold Foot / Light Foot?

Using a zombied loyalty Fleeting Potion, you are at 72% LF activation. Trying to decided if Gold Foot is worth buffing in that case.

It will only try and activate Gold Foot if Light Foot doesn't activate.

#49 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2013 - 21:49

Does Buff Master and Guild buffer stack when casting on guild mates?

If they both activate then yes, the stamina required will be halved twice :)

#50 Sakuliver

Sakuliver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 21:59

Why is the game always messed up in some way when new updates become active and why does this always happen just before I want to hunt :( :evil: :( :evil: !?

I'm getting the front page fine, looking forward to the update, but then after logging in the only graphics I get is the background picture and a huge black area below that. On top of that text fragments which partly seem to come from my bio, partly from the frontpage of the game, and partly describe the durability of my equiped items. This is really not motivating...please repair!

#51 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2013 - 22:05

Why is the game always messed up in some way when new updates become active and why does this always happen just before I want to hunt :( :evil: :( :evil: !?

I'm getting the front page fine, looking forward to the update, but then after logging in the only graphics I get is the background picture and a huge black area below that. On top of that text fragments which partly seem to come from my bio, partly from the frontpage of the game, and partly describe the durability of my equiped items. This is really not motivating...please repair!

Please try clearing your browser cache.

#52 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 22:05

NVM fixed again

#53 Sithstress

Sithstress

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 22:07

I tried this but still having issues Hoof

#54 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2013 - 22:09

I tried this but still having issues Hoof

Definitely fixed now, can you please try clearing your cache again?

#55 Sithstress

Sithstress

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 22:14

Thanks Hoof that got it :-)

#56 Sakuliver

Sakuliver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 22:18

it wasn't the cache, I cleared that before, but it does seem to work again. Thanks!

#57 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2013 - 23:19

Are there more buffs to come, either at L1800 or lower in the tree, or are all the other agreed on skills gonna be potion based ?

I don't wanna use my skill reset if there's gonna be more forthcoming :)

#58 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 23:34

Are there more buffs to come, either at L1800 or lower in the tree, or are all the other agreed on skills gonna be potion based ?

I don't wanna use my skill reset if there's gonna be more forthcoming :)

I also thought there would be a change in the trees as well, yet all I see are new buffs...

#59 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 23:42

Hoof ,Will shield wall be immune to the effect of dark curse ? as armor boost does not have any 100% of the time buff to reduce it.

#60 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 23:53

The buffs are not overpowered.

I tried the armor buff and came to:
Attack: 10615 (+4973) Defense: 71 (+65)
Armor: 12658 (+4802) Damage: 13979

Defense buff:
Attack: 22117 (+11872) Defense: 12238 (+5204)
Armor: 79 (+75) Damage: 7082 (+3682)

They are easily beatable.

When will we see the other buffs implemented? I WANTED TO BE TRENDY. :P

Exactly ! pvp not supposed to be 1 or 2 hitting
long combat more interesting

Yes new buffs will make armor setups a lot more fun to play with and will result in longer combats which will make more fun :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: