Photo

Two new HKs Sighted!

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#41 ss_auronxx

ss_auronxx
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2011 - 17:45

Ah. Frankly, at the end of the day, roaming HKs work. They will simply be less powerful .... If we are gonna try to get more low levels playing, something they can call out will help. We are thinking full game, not just EoC.

I agree with this.

However...a level 58 (evo10) has already killed the higher-level of the two new roaming HK's.

He found it at Amethyst Peak (Climb), which is the Level 58 area, so he probably just happened to stumble upon it -- and this also tells me that 58 is considered a "low level" that HCS is targeting for upward interaction. (The 2nd one of these HK kills that I've seen, by mariajoe, was also at Amethyst Peak (Climb).)

evo10 didn't do any calling out to the SS2 community...he made a group of higher level Faction-mates, and/or hired Mercs, and did it himself, in-house.

So, maybe these new roaming HKs need to be a little more powerful.

#42 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 June 2011 - 17:50

i wonder if we could get the HK log extended to the last 20 or 30 kills too, its always cluttered by mission HK's and you cant really see much of the action :o

#43 ss_auronxx

ss_auronxx
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2011 - 19:45

Two more kills of Sertina the Huntress (HK). Both of these located in Amethyst Peak (Climb). Seems to be the only loc. for this HK so far.

Also a couple of kills of Juggernaut X10 (HK), in Varion City (Uptown) and Netherdeep (Dead Cave). With drops:

Hard Wired Mangled Blade (level 280)
ATK = 425
DMG = 182

Psi Channeling Chainblade (level 280)
ATK = 182
DMG = 425

I'm sure you can guess what classes these are for.

#44 iut044

iut044

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 June 2011 - 19:56

biggrim is it correct that Psi Channeling Chainblade doesn't use ammo as all other Psi weapons do ?

#45 boeffie

boeffie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 20:15

I was wondering that, seeing how quite a few psi skills are linked to the use of ammo, as the special purist effect was supposed to come from the channeling of mindpower into the weapon via this ammo, I thought.

#46 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 June 2011 - 20:31

My bet is, that these were already created monsters, about to be released as SE's, and then quickly restamped as HK's to show that the player base IS, indeed, being listened to ..

Seems I was right, looking at the mouseovers of the items dropped ..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Both items have SUPER ELITE in their description, rather than HK.

This is becoming another of those discussions we had over in FS a year or so ago, where we fought (and lost) to have the elemental titans badged as something other than titans. These new monsters aren't HK's by the same rules we've had the 2 other HK's. Keep HK's as end of mission big bad monsters.

Keep these by all means, but call them something else. Yes, I know it's semantics - but it's consistency also.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#47 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 21:18

The other two SEs have been rebranded HKs.

It seems to me the majority of the community have said we want these branded as SE's as they are not HK's by our standards and they drop super elite weapons, so why are players comments being ignored again? :evil:

#48 Woopydoo

Woopydoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 22:29

At the end of the day you cant call Super Elite's HK's, they are totally different and it all sounds a bit rushed to appease people but its backfired again, The drops from the SE's are not even that good, im a psi and the psi ones dont use psi ammo, whats that all about =p ... I cant see them being money spinners for the lower levels as the weapons the higher level players have are better and go with there respective classes ... now if you had announced a couple of new SE's dropping new add on sets (individual pieces at a time =p) that would of been better i think, they are badly needed ... but calling SE's HK's and getting people excited because they thought there was proper HK sets coming out (last one level 190) is a shot in the foot for HCS, cant be many toes left there as it goes

#49 ss_auronxx

ss_auronxx
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2011 - 22:34

I would guess that HCS wants to call them HK's so that they can show up in the Hunter-Killer Kill Log.

But I agree with everyone else, that they should be called SE's...and that, then, a brand new Super Elite Kill Log should be made.

Doing so would solve another minor annoyance, which is that all the old-style HK kills are pushing the new-style HK kill logs out of the log a bit quickly.

-----

I don't know about psi's needing ammo...but a faction-mate suggested that perhaps these non-ammo weapons are useful in that they allow the Vibroblade buff to work on them.

I, for one, can tell you that I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the mutant ones. We never use ammo, anyway.

#50 Vorest

Vorest

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 00:04

Rename new HK's to SE's and create 3rd kill log for SE only(These Targon SE should go there too). We have HK and behe ones now.(also extend every kill log a bit, please)

Also add more of these SE in future, so EoC players can have way to burn energy, while non EoC players can kill them from time to time and possibly get loot to use/sell. Anyway, interaction between players will improve and we will be happy.

Keep HK's only as end bosses for long quest chains and give 6part sets only to them. Single class weapons and(hopefully) add-ons to SE monsters... That's all from me. ;)

#51 boeffie

boeffie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:59

Agreed to the above, the fact that HK sets are full is the one thing that makes them so timeconsuming to make, thus ensuring faction occupation for a long time.

I just hope they will listen and not continue in the announced way of having HK drops make little sets, would be a big downer for a lot of players, and no way do these new SE make up for that.

Another step down the ladder for me, with that :(

#52 ss_auronxx

ss_auronxx
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:10

I've been watching the log, and so far Sertina the Huntress (HK) has only appeared in one location (Amethyst Peak (Climb)), and Juggernaut X10 (HK) keeps appearing in the same two locatinos: Netherdeep (Dead Cave) and Varion City (Uptown).

New drop from the Juggernaut:

Titanium Toothed Ripsaw
(Battlesuit)
ATK=243
DMG=364
Type=Blade
Dmg Type=Solid
Ammo=n/a

#53 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 14:22

Stormer1 posted this in our Faction chat:

-----
evo10 says: attck =1276,armor =970,damage =1250,hp =2500.if am not mistaking...i dont really see its char..hehe.pretty scare me cz ths is my 1st battle against something tht huge.
-----

I believe the stat's were not copied but were evo10's recollection, so they might not be correct. Also, DEF wasn't mentioned.

Location was Amethyst Peak (Climb)

Posted Image

#54 ss_auronxx

ss_auronxx
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 15:37

My bet is, that these were already created monsters, about to be released as SE's, and then quickly restamped as HK's to show that the player base IS, indeed, being listened to ..

Seems I was right, looking at the mouseovers of the items dropped ..

Posted Image

Posted Image

These have been revised. The item mouseovers now say "HK" instead of "Super Elite"

#55 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 June 2011 - 15:44

biggrim is it correct that Psi Channeling Chainblade doesn't use ammo as all other Psi weapons do ?

If the Purist Weapon needs ammo, all the weapons should use ammo. Would players want this?

#56 Jett

Jett

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 16:11

Change the Sigma Box from a FC cost to credit cost and you have a credit sink ... YAY .... and maybe something that the lower level guys can afford to use, which will spark some more life into the sigma box rather seeing the message 'Use the button below to post your message here!' day in and day out.

This was suggested somewhere way back in another thread, if i remember correctly ... but i cant be bothered to look for it :lol:

#57 RD1542

RD1542

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 16:28

If the Purist Weapon needs ammo, all the weapons should use ammo. Would players want this?

perhaps not the mutant weapons, but ammo for sldiers/borgs/purists will be right in line with what they are used to.

#58 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 17:50

perhaps not the mutant weapons, but ammo for sldiers/borgs/purists will be right in line with what they are used to.

Sounds good, as that would let everyone use their class skills still.

#59 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 19:26

Hello forum and HCS!

Happy HK hunting!
:arrow:
Posted Image
:mrgreen:
Posted Image
;)

sincerely
majar

#60 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 June 2011 - 20:47

These have been revised. The item mouseovers now say "HK" instead of "Super Elite"

If that's the case, then what's the point of us making comments, saying we want HK's like we're used to in-game already, and then they just throw in SE's relabelled as HK's.

Foolishly, I was sort of optimistic about the game again when Hoof got involved, but it seems we're back to the old menage a trois .. namely.

1. We suggest we'd like to see "A"
2. The cows give us "Z"
3. We ask why do we bother ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: