133 replies to this topic

#41 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:29

Hi Tyskersejt

OK, but last time I updated to FireFox8, it still would not work. that was a couple months ago.
I lost all my settings and I still had to rollback to firefox 3.6, & old versions of greasemonkey and fshelper. I THINK THAT HCS SHOULD MAKE QUICKKILL A FEATURE OF THEIR STANDARD INTERFACE.

Thnx

sincerely
majar

#42 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:30

Just curious, why did you guys rearrange the links on the left hand side of the screen? I don't see the point in that.

One of the biggest reasons I DO NOT use the new UI, is because of that. Functionality has been lost.

#43 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:30

weewee.. Let's face it, FS is a heavy enough game so it's normal it's slow on a cellphone.
It's designed for computers, not cellphones.
While it would be nice to have the game running smootly on the cellphone, they have some MUCH more important things to work on.

well...they DON'T have to do anything more...It works now!how could they not have time to Not do something they planned on doing...if they would leave thing how they are they wouldn't have to waste time to frce this new ui upon us...so in my opinion that argument is invalid
On the other hand, yes it will work slower on your phone...it won't work on mine.Right no, it shows up like on my desktop, i got opera mini so i can use any sites like i use them on my pc...for sme reasons the menus don't open...so my gaming experience would be reduced to...staring at the homepage for hours, or moving on to another game.I don't want that, i really love the way it is now.Players can chose wether they wnt the new ui or the old one.

Wee I was having the same problem on opera (iPhone?) try atomic web browser its (I have it mimicking firefox) and it has the fewest glitches of all the free browsers I have tried

#44 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:32

I THINK THAT HCS SHOULD MAKE QUICKKILL A FEATURE OF THEIR STANDARD INTERFACE.

It already is. Change combat kill speed to "instant" + plus use hotkeys 1,2,3,4. If you use new beta map, it should be even faster, since the combat log doesn't pop up at all.

In the old UI, you had to click on backspace or close out of the kill log, upon finishing a hotkey 1,2,3,4.

#45 tyskersejt

tyskersejt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:34

weewee.. Let's face it, FS is a heavy enough game so it's normal it's slow on a cellphone.
It's designed for computers, not cellphones.
While it would be nice to have the game running smootly on the cellphone, they have some MUCH more important things to work on.

well...they DON'T have to do anything more...It works now!how could they not have time to Not do something they planned on doing...if they would leave thing how they are they wouldn't have to waste time to frce this new ui upon us...so in my opinion that argument is invalid
On the other hand, yes it will work slower on your phone...it won't work on mine.Right no, it shows up like on my desktop, i got opera mini so i can use any sites like i use them on my pc...for sme reasons the menus don't open...so my gaming experience would be reduced to...staring at the homepage for hours, or moving on to another game.I don't want that, i really love the way it is now.Players can chose wether they wnt the new ui or the old one.

It has been said before that the new UI IS NECCESARY for the new things they are adding to the game. Things need updates sometimes. So they can't stay on the old UI forever. Due to players requests they have made several themes to the new UI where one of them is as close to the old UI as possible.

Have you never tried to plan on doing something soon but not being able to do it before later?

#46 tyskersejt

tyskersejt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:36

Hi Tyskersejt

OK, but last time I updated to FireFox8, it still would not work. that was a couple months ago.
I lost all my settings and I still had to rollback to firefox 3.6, & old versions of greasemonkey and fshelper. I THINK THAT HCS SHOULD MAKE QUICKKILL A FEATURE OF THEIR STANDARD INTERFACE.

Thnx

sincerely
majar

Hmm. HCS says they are trying to integrate as much of the FSH as possible. It will take a short time as they have a lot to do at the moment. The quick kill function works great for me. But you might need the newest Firefox version you can get. Currently version 10.0.0.1 I believe.

#47 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:37

well...they DON'T have to do anything more...It works now!how could they not have time to Not do something they planned on doing...

There must be a reason for them to take the old one away.
Deleting old UI might make the game faster, I don't know.
If it wouldn't change anything keeping the old one without updating it, I'm pretty sure they would be keeping it.

While I totally agree it need not be a priority I thought I'd jump on the mobile bandwagon when I saw it, I remember a while ago hoof did a general inquiry in a thread about interest in a mobile app I believe it was something most people had/still have on a wish list

It's also on my wish list for sure. But I wouldn't want it to use one of the current staff members' time.
A new employe could be cool if they have the money for it :D

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#48 KingWeeman

KingWeeman

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Romania

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:39

@MummRa:no, I'm not using an iphone...i got a samsung...opera mini seems to work on most of the phones with java and it's the best one i've tried(there was one called bolt too but when they got a few users they decided to make it cst money to use...that 1 had flash but wasn't really as functional as opera)...if anyone knows a browser compatible with this new ui i'm open(and greatful) for suggestions...

kyorakusig_zps8dff8436.jpg

#49 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:42

RECAP OF ISSUES:

1) New UI doesn't work so well for Mobile users

2) New UI's layout, under all the themes, rearranged the left side links from the old UI

3) Text in general looks bunched together and bad. New Font Style? or keep the same one from the old UI?

4) Integrating more useful features from FSH into New UI

#50 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:43

When is the new map becoming the "ONLY" map?

#51 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:43

HALO

PLS give me version numbers of all apps that will allow fshelper (bona fide) with firefox. ESPECIALLY QUICK KILL.

Firefox version:?
Greasemonkey:? (from firefox website)
fshelper:? (from the site i assume)

Thnx

sincerely
majar

#52 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:44

2) New UI's layout, under all the themes, rearranged the left side links from the old UI

3) Text in general looks bunched together and bad. New Font Style? or keep the same one from the old UI?

I don't have any problems with the left menu here.
And font can be changed to your liking with CSS no?

#53 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:54

I'd like to see all the bugs on the new UI sorted out before switching over. Enough parts of the game are broke, dont switch from a good working system to a buggy one.

#54 Pratish85

Pratish85

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:55

The color of the New UI is horrid in both new themes and the FS helper doesn't work as it should.

Why force us there when its still work in progress?

#55 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:57

LoL So how many people other than Tyskersejt has quick kill running on the new UI? :?:

:lol:

Also, Anyone with firefox 10 having problems with fshelper?

thnx

#56 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2012 - 16:00

I'd like to see all the bugs on the new map sorted out before switching over. Enough parts of the game are broke, dont switch from a good working system to a buggy one.

They are still keeping old maps Bleltch :)

#57 tyskersejt

tyskersejt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 16:08

I'd like to see all the bugs on the new map sorted out before switching over. Enough parts of the game are broke, dont switch from a good working system to a buggy one.

I've been hunting (and some serious farming also) with the new map for months now. I don't see any bugs. I know there are some for a few players using some specific browsers, OS systems, or for some unknown reason. That's why they still keep the old map. But the new map works great for most people I believe.

#58 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 February 2012 - 16:10

Same here tysker.. But I understand they want to make sure new maps are completely bug free before taking them away.

#59 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 16:14

I meant the new UI, :oops: though the new map does have issues that need sorted too. :P

#60 Buddha

Buddha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 16:15

This is great and I absolutely love everything about the new map and the new UI. However, can anybody else get FS Helper to work for them regarding combat simulation? That's the only reason I switch back and forth between UIs. It's just so much easier than crunching the numbers every time. If anyone has any solution, please let me know. Other than that, like I said, sometimes change is good, and this is a good time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: