Photo

World 2?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Good idea? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Good idea?

1. Yeah! (5 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. No! (19 votes [76.00%])

Percentage of vote: 76.00%

3. Don't care either way! (1 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

Vote

#41 gothador_grandmaster

gothador_grandmaster
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:52

armybeans, on the same token, if you don't want to start a character in the new world, then don't start one, just stay here.

I like working with other people and the teamwork that comes with this game. The idea of working with and against other people to build the world from the ground up is really appealing to me. It sounds like a blast and something that would peak my interest in the game again and keep it peaked for a long time.

#42 Bluehaze43

Bluehaze43

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:56

armybeans, on the same token, if you don't want to start a character in the new world, then don't start one, just stay here.

I like working with other people and the teamwork that comes with this game. The idea of working with and against other people to build the world from the ground up is really appealing to me. It sounds like a blast and something that would peak my interest in the game again and keep it peaked for a long time.

I agree with you somewhat, but the thing here is there is going to be no thought what so ever needed to do anything in this new world. All of the quests are done, and mixing quantities, and forgings... do you follow me?

With nothing new to discover and learn, it is just one giant cash sink-hole IMHO.
Posted Image

"Well I talk loud, and carry a bigger stick! And I use it too!" - Yosemite Sam

#43 gothador_armybeans

gothador_armybeans
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:57

World 2 would be pointless. In 6 months people would be complaining top chars are now too high for them to reach and why can't we have world 3 where we can have a chance to compete.

#44 gothador_aishwaria

gothador_aishwaria
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 21:59

No thanks. I'd feel like I lost my investment in my characters- both time and money-wise.

I have a lil human alt I'm taking from the ground up without help from others or alts. It's a fun distraction and a major challenge to do on your own. I don't need another world for that. As for the noob acheivement factor, there are many in the top 100 who got there quickly because of determination and investment. Don't cheapen the accomplishment beause others aren't as clever.

#45 gothador_chunkymonke

gothador_chunkymonke
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 22:00

World 2 would be pointless. In 6 months people would be complaining top chars are now too high for them to reach and why can't we have world 3 where we can have a chance to compete.

ye hoof it would just give whingy people another excuse :wink:

stick with armybeans idea :D

#46 gothador_nyt

gothador_nyt
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 22:03

*strolls off to go start writing a series of quests....*

#47 Galavius

Galavius

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 22:04

So would this be Gothador's mirror universe, then? Maybe all the male elven characters could have goatees. :lol:

Posted Image

#48 gothador_gmbh

gothador_gmbh
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 22:04

I kinda think a World 2 would evolve into precisely the same thing here...people with $ will gain the top rankings and newer people will still have the same uphill battle they have now....it'll just be less pronounced in World 2 for awhile. Even now, a newer person can get into the top rankings with the time and effort...look at Ranger and Tress. Ranger came along relatively late in the game and now he's #2...Tress started completely over and she's up to 18k. It can be done if you want it bad enough.

I like the idea of segregating the top lists, or even better....do away with them. If you have a segregated list, people will be able to get their a lot easier and will feel a greater sense of accomplishment for a lot less effort. It's kinda win-win for everyone.

I think all in all, creating another world will only serve to diminish each of the worlds in different ways. You'll get fewer new people in this world, and you'll have fewer old people in the new one. Instead of strengthening the community, it would probably only cause a rift in it.

#49 gothador_masterb

gothador_masterb
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 22:08

Having been on here just a few months,i have worked hard on getting to where i am now,and have spent quite a chunk of money on here,on several different characters,and if this is being changed taking me back to square one again,then i and all my alts will not be here anymore,personally,i think that idea sucks,and am sure there are many others who spend a lot,and a lot of time here will feel the same way.
Sorry if that feels a bit strong there,but thats how i feel,and will react if this goes ahead.

#50 gothador_grandmaster

gothador_grandmaster
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 22:13

maybe, than again maybe not.

I would love to race against a thousand other people to kill a million rats because that's the only thing anyone can kill. and that would just be the beginning. then everyone would be after everything else too, mortis, fish, wind scavengers, etc. You go try and do any of that these days and it's free & clear because everyone has already done it.

I don't get it, it would ruin this world how? because everyone would go there instead? This thread is already full of people saying they wouldn;t want to play there, so I don't see that being a problem.

Think of all the players that have quit because this game has become so mundane that could be lured back at the chance to start it over like they all wanted to do.

simultaneous updates would be so far out reach for world 2 that it would only seem like world 1 got updates, but it wouldn't matter that much because everyone would have 200+ quests to do without the benefit of other people helping them out or an abundance of quest items for sale every where you look.

I don't think it would take 6 months for characters to get as far out of reach as they are here.

cash cow? maybe, in some regards. in other regards it would take a lot of damn time and teamwork. A lot of those would be protected by level restricted realms though.

I just don't see a reason why not, it's not like characters here would be deleted.

#51 Pidge

Pidge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

If noobs want to get to the top they can. It just takes determination and cash, and before anyone says anything about buying the position people are going to be spending a lot more in world 2 to get anywhere near what they could in this world.
The big point I can see is that the players in world 2 will have nobody to bulk buy speed off except HCS

#52 shannanan

shannanan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Having been on here just a few months,i have worked hard on getting to where i am now,and have spent quite a chunk of money on here,on several different characters,and if this is being changed taking me back to square one again,then i and all my alts will not be here anymore,personally,i think that idea sucks,and am sure there are many others who spend a lot,and a lot of time here will feel the same way.
Sorry if that feels a bit strong there,but thats how i feel,and will react if this goes ahead.

I've been here since the beginning, I don't spend anymore $ than what my several chars sub requires. If you can spend it, spend it. good for you.
I think the idea sucks. I have put alot of time and love into my chars. I think the effort you can put forth in a CLONE of gothador, just put into THIS GOTHADOR.

#53 gothador_chunkymonke

gothador_chunkymonke
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 22:14

I've been here since the beginning, I don't spend anymore $ than what my several chars sub requires. If you can spend it, spend it. good for you.
I think the idea sucks. I have put alot of time and love into my chars. I think the effort you can put forth in a CLONE of gothador, just put into THIS GOTHADOR.

that would infact bring in new characters old charcters perhaps and make alot of people happy and not as whingy :wink:

#54 gothador_grandmaster

gothador_grandmaster
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 22:18

I have put alot of time and love into my chars.

From the way it sounds, you would still have all those characters too.

I think the effort you can put forth in a CLONE of gothador, just put into THIS GOTHADOR.

It sounds like no more effort would be put into the second one besides a simple copy&paste of the code.

#55 gothador_chunkymonke

gothador_chunkymonke
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 22:21

I think the effort you can put forth in a CLONE of gothador, just put into THIS GOTHADOR.

It sounds like no more effort would be put into the second one besides a simple copy&paste of the code.

besides the point there is alot against this idea GMC

#56 gothador_grandmaster

gothador_grandmaster
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 22:25

yeah, I see people are against it, but I think everyone needs to stop chugging their haterade.

seems like everyone is saying that they don't like it because everyone would start playing there, but from the sound of it, I'd be the only one there. :P

Choice is a good thing though, right? Hell, start 10 new worlds all at the same time, This one would still rule them all because it has a 3 year jump on any others.

#57 gothador_dungler

gothador_dungler
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 22:27

They are two seperate worlds which would not interact with each other, and yes you would start from level 1 in the new world - but that is part of the fun - a chance to try from the beginning :)

The existing world would be the same (goth as you know it) and would get updated with identical updates to the new world - with the new slicker code :)

Sorry bloke but it sounds like you're giving up on gothador! In favour of gothador two... with gothador getting only the stuffs that are actually prepared for gothII

Why you seem to be so intent on destroying the very game that has brought you prominence, is somewhat mystifying from a player point of view... i can understand from a business point of view... as its all about cash.

Sure, bring out goth II ... good luck to you.

BUT PLEASE REFUND EVERY DAMN CENT I AND ALL THE PEEPS I'VE BROUGHT TO THIS GAME BACK. COZ WE'LL WANT NONE OF IT

*Shakes head in disbelief*

#58 gothador_chunkymonke

gothador_chunkymonke
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 22:27

yeah, I see people are against it, but I think everyone needs to stop chugging their haterade.

seems like everyone is saying that they don't like it because everyone would start playing there, but from the sound of it, I'd be the only one there. :P

Choice is a good thing though, right? Hell, start 10 new worlds all at the same time, This one would still rule them all because it has a 3 year jump on any others.

which is then just copied and pasted :wink:

think about it they would be teh evil :wink:

#59 gothador_grandmaster

gothador_grandmaster
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 22:32

you forgot to make sense. :P

#60 gothador_chunkymonke

gothador_chunkymonke
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 22:36

you forgot to make sense. :P

you said we had a 3 year head start if he just does a copie and paste then were back to square one hoof said he is going to copy absolutely everything therefore head start gone because more people who havent noticed this 3year game will notice the newly advertised new one and we just fade into the background :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: