70 replies to this topic

#41 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 21:19

Not necesserily the case but its understandable why you think that. These overpowered pots that keep on being churned out have watered it down quite a bit. 

It is mostly luck lol... Can run the worst welfare set imaginable with a few luck buffs on and theres a high chance one or a few will activate and let me win...Also PS enhancement is total BS...Activates so many times per combat and reduces armor by 50%!

Edited by EpicPiety, 04 September 2015 - 21:25.

#42 DARKELITE1

DARKELITE1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 21:26

It is mostly luck lol...

Well I disagree but you're entitled to your opinion :)

Edited by DARKELITE1, 04 September 2015 - 21:31.

#43 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 September 2015 - 00:13

Regarding the content, whilst I'm grateful for it, I'm pretty underwhelmed by it too...

- 25 New Creatures.                         Check, seen and killed.
- 2 New 'Champion' Creatures.         Personally, I saw neither of 'em ...

- 1 New 'Elite' Creature.                    Yup, that was there

- 1 New 'Common' Item.                   Dunno what dropped it, if it was actually turned on, but I saw no drops
- 2 New 'Rare' Items.                                                               .... // ....
- 2 New 'Unique' Items.                                                            .... // ....
- 2 New Item Sets.                                                                   .... // ....

Getting ZERO drops, could, of course just be bad luck - let's hope it was that, rather than the drops not actually being turned on ...

Ho hum, lets hope the missing quests from the 100 levels and the next content is a lil more "exciting" ?

Addendum - Just been informed via in-game PM that one of the champions is on the 2206 map. No idea about drops tho - and the person that informed me about it didn't see the 2nd champion.

Addendum 2 - Now been informed that the champion on Level 2206 map was killed for 3 levels worth of XP and not a single drop.

(looks like another batch of content where drops weren't switched on to me ??)

Edited by Pardoux, 06 September 2015 - 20:54.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#44 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:13

The fact that you can obtain potions by allowing a guild hopper to come to your guild and compose potions needs to stop! I suggest that before a player can guild tag composed potions, they must first have their bronze guild loyalty medal. If not, then open up all composed potions to be unbounded!

Sorry for staying off topic, but some people bring up this thought quite a lot.

When composing first came out, some players asked explicitly whether HCS had any objections to the idea of travelling composers---because they wanted to know whether it was worth investing in levelling their composing quickly. HCS considered it and said it was fine. (You will find this in one of the main composing threads just after composing started, though I don't have the link to hand.)

Given this official approval, I think it would be completely unreasonable to withdraw this permission now. It is a legal part of the game and should remain so.

(And I say this as someone who is not a travelling composer, and who has never been in a guild that employed one)

#45 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:13

Definitely the durations are out of balance here:

1 PvP Season Reset = X12 Epic Multi Buff Chests (144 Hours-16.5 days with BM 345, for 14 days of playing)

- Stamina cost < 60k

1 PvP Ladder Reset = Random Single Buffs (60-80 Minutes- 165 Minutes with BM 345 for 5 Tokens- 2+ days of playing)

- Stamina cost > 2k

I would naturally imagine that the durations of these potions should be 2 days (1 ladder reset) seeing as how they cost 2-3 FIRST place finishes to get (something only 8 people at a time can do about once a week) since Season rewards were long enough to last 16+ days, which is longer than the Seasons lasted.

If you wish to see more participation you need to increase the amount of player that receive rewards, no one is going to play the ladder based on what it costs them when you dont reward them.

I mentioned why in this post already, so I wont bother again:

https://forums.hunte...e-9#entry947338

Edited by Blue Tail, 05 September 2015 - 12:15.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#46 drewdawn

drewdawn

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:14

why dont you guy make relams for pvp make them really hunt other players like lvlers do mods that make it fair

#47 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2015 - 13:14

why dont you guy make relams for pvp make them really hunt other players like lvlers do mods that make it fair

they tried this in,sigmastorm...take a spin thru that game once and you'll see a dead game,very very few play it....why? because it wasnt user friendly or pvp friendly...it just doesnt work....

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#48 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 September 2015 - 13:14

I don't know what the coding would entail for such a project, but I like it!  First PvP suggestion that actually interests me! (Probably tells something unflattering about my personality, but no matter :P )  I would take it a step further, and suggest that this new realm could give "unique" (the terms been used to distraction) drops that could ONLY be used in it.

Maybe this idea can't fly, but it does suggest some other interesting possibilities.

Dom's comment came just as I was posting this, Never played Sigma, so I can't be really objective, but I still like the concept.

Edited by Tastria, 05 September 2015 - 13:17.

#49 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 13:30

You might believe some of us are playing for "profit" but that couldn't be further from the truth! What profit will I attain? I can't take anything away from the game. What am I going to use FSP for at this stage, leveling to EOC? I want to play a game that has some challenge and requires some skill! Isn't that what you are after? Please allow players to earn some "profit" so that they will WANT to participate. Why don't you put a POLL in-game and ask the whole community if Ladder items should be discriminated against compared to other aspects of the game previously mentioned. It's what Hoof has been doing to great success imo!!! Do you think keeping good rewards unbound will corrupt the game?

PS And global reward pots couldn't be easier to get - 4-5k stam without wearing gear! They are WAY over powered! They have brought great imbalance to the game. I know you have been toning them down recently but the damage caused by the earlier global pot rewards will be irreparable for a long time. The constant trend of bigger skill level needs to slow down considerably. Can't you think of some new skills?

I for once agree. I would like to see the game become more of a challenge, especially for those higher levels. I feel so bad seeing new play join, only to leave before they start. Some who stay past level 3, may stay to about level 13. If they're persuaded to stay, they may last till level 40. If you can convince the ones to do the EP Quest to get the extra stam. They may last to about level 100. Those that are in a guild and interact may last till over level 300. Then, that's it. Anybody around level 40 who stay are just in it for PvP or GvG. I remember the cap when it was under 400 and thought 'oh my, I will never make it. I even took two years off from playing. Not because I wanted to, but RL happens. I would like to see the players at EOC play more of a game, instead of power leveling. Then asking for more. I very much want to see more New Players.
Add something for them

#50 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 13:43

Regarding the content, whilst I'm grateful for it, I'm pretty underwhelmed by it too...

Ho hum, lets hope the missing quests from the 100 levels and the next content is a lil more "exciting" ?

This content has only 2 new relics, and one quest, for 25 new leves. Hmm...
I hope when I get there. If I get there. That I'm not bored too.
HCS I still think you're Awesome

#51 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 September 2015 - 14:33

they tried this in,sigmastorm...take a spin thru that game once and you'll see a dead game,very very few play it....why? because it wasnt user friendly or pvp friendly...it just doesnt work....

This excuse gets trotted out all the time - real, on the same map, PvP killed SigmaStorm ... I call BS.

That "MAY" be one of the reasons, but there were plenty of others too...

Mostly, lack of cow time spent on it (because it didn't take off as well as they hoped), poor interface, BUT, it had a much better, richer story line and choice of character to play so was more in-depth ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#52 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 14:47

O/T on sigma. 

People often say Sigma died because of its PvP, and it has become gospel in certain quarters.

The PvP system played a part, I'm sure, but I'm not sure it was the whole reason the game died at all.

Because for me, the game became a massive drag because of the ENDLESS INVENTING MISSIONS. Which you HAD to do to get skill points to advance your character. For me it was the never-ending grind of long and involved inventing missions, with the occasional really evil one that needed items from 20 levels earlier that sucked the life out of the game for me. With the much more limited stam gain available, spending all your stam (energy) on inventing missions got really old. If the missions were not all get blueprint, make X go to Y use blueprint, get another blueprint etc. etc. I'd have kept going longer.

The variety in enemy stats and difficulty in killing elites and even some regular mobs solo etc. was great. The need to change gear and vary your approach on may levels was like early FS too, and was cool. Though again, a guild gear sort by level function would have made that a lot easier! The storyline was intriguing, the classes seemed to work, but I was clone all the way!

Lack of PvP did not end my involvement in the game, monotonous "obligatory if you want any skill points" inventing quests ended my involvement in that game.

Just an alternative to the usual narrative that it was the PvP system that ended Sigma. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who tired of the mission grind. 

LOL - Snap Pardoux!

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#53 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:21

- 1 New 'Common' Item.                   Dunno what dropped it, if it was actually turned on, but I saw no drops
- 2 New 'Rare' Items.                                                               .... // ....
- 2 New 'Unique' Items.                                                            .... // ....
- 2 New Item Sets.                                                                   .... // ....

Getting ZERO drops, could, of course just be bad luck - let's hope it was that, rather than the drops not actually being turned on ...

If this is the actually the state of the new content, it's disturbing to say the least. Also, the cookie cutter content has been an issue for a very long time!!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#54 tlthomasjr

tlthomasjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:34

It's not "indignation" it's based off of feedback which seemed quite popular. You want stuff for profit, get the less powerful stuff but for personal use, get the better stuff. Global events have bound items too don't forget.

I agree, I am a pvp/gvg player myself, so have the same reasons to want to sell the items/potions for a profit, but if the better potions/items are bound, then the only way for non pvp players to get them is to participate themselves.

As most pvp players know, we never enjoyed it ourselves until we had a reason to get our hands dirty and try it. 

I am quite happy to see most of the changes, and all of the effort to make this game fun again, and to save the dying pvp aspect in the process. 

Hopefully these changes, and rewards will soon trickle down to, and save gvg as well.

Thank you for all of the recent effort! 

#55 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:14

If this is the actually the state of the new content, it's disturbing to say the least. Also, the cookie cutter content has been an issue for a very long time!!

Not disturbing, and perfectly explicable.

Hunting with high level AM means you don't have to explore far to complete a level, and I often find that I don't find the champs unless I am prepared to waste quite a lot of stamina searching for them (given that they aren't in the OFSG yet, so you have to hunt for them). So not finding 2/2 champs in a 25-level hunt is unsurprising, and doesn't mean they aren't there.

And if you don't find the champs, then you don't find the rare items, unique items, or sets, because they will be dropped by the champs.

So that only leaves the common items, which will be dropped in just one level, and that level is often near the start of the 25, so if Pardoux had levelled past EOC prior to this release (as more than 100 people had), then his hunt would probably have skipped the realm with the common items.

As for cookie content: there was a lot of forum activity some time back saying the EOC community would far prefer HCS to reuse/refine old material and release frequently than make it all original and release infrequently. So cookie content is really HCS being responsive and giving the community what it asked for. (And I note that both BG and Hoof have just said they are intending to make more regular content releases from now on, so lets be propsective rather than retrospective, and avoid the discussion of "frequent"? releases over the past 7 months.)

#56 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:37

Not disturbing, and perfectly explicable.

Hunting with high level AM means you don't have to explore far to complete a level, and I often find that I don't find the champs unless I am prepared to waste quite a lot of stamina searching for them (given that they aren't in the OFSG yet, so you have to hunt for them). So not finding 2/2 champs in a 25-level hunt is unsurprising, and doesn't mean they aren't there.

And if you don't find the champs, then you don't find the rare items, unique items, or sets, because they will be dropped by the champs.

So that only leaves the common items, which will be dropped in just one level, and that level is often near the start of the 25, so if Pardoux had levelled past EOC prior to this release (as more than 100 people had), then his hunt would probably have skipped the realm with the common items.

I walked thru the first 7 levels (NOT using teleport) and didn't see them on the way thru (that doesn't mean they weren't there of course)

On the remaining 18 levels, I wandered around quite a bit looking for them (albeit didn't cover every square) and didn't find them.

I just find it odd that in an 18 level hunt I found neither of the champs, despite looking (not thoroughly, mind) and got zip drops (I would have thought the elite may have dropped something, but again, I didn't kill it many times to be definitive about it not dropping anything).

Regarding content, I think the gist of posts in the past was to reuse maps and creatures, albeit scaled up - but that doesn't mean content has to be "the same". Quests, of late, are either ..

1. Kill X of Y, proceed

or

2. Get quest at A, go to B, return to A

VERY boring ... how about something new there - ideally some major new quest arc or, at least, something different to 1 or 2.

Do I sound disillusioned at the moment ? - Hmm, perhaps that's because I am.

Do I "LIKE" being disillusioned ? - NO - I've stuck with this game for over 7 years now and would like to stick with it for many more, but it's become very "rinse and repeat" now - and no longer the challenge it once was due to ...

1) boring, too easy content
2) over-powered gear
3) over-powered buffs

4) and, flip-flop decisions from the cows regarding updates are, to say the least, disheartening ..

Edited by Pardoux, 06 September 2015 - 09:14.

#57 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:10

The ladder is a seperate part of this game (opt in/out), so WHY are the potions not being bound as they are for everything else????

As for the Traveling composer question. All these composers EARNED that level and whether they go to a guild and make a few here and there to offset the cost should be up to them. I see nothing here of "questionable" earned tokens for riding a ladder for years and getting them for nothing. In short, you guys with tokens don`t have to go to a guild to sell those pots you can buy, you just auction them off....Fairness, I think not...... 

#58 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:31

This is what is wrong with PVP in this game. Cow has finally gotten something going here and now you guys want the "WORLD", It starts getting into every aspect of this game. I see 50 people on these ladders and that is about average, i see about as much activity as there was before and yet you want even more rewards. This is laughable. Now for these 50 to PROFIT from this from the whole community is even more laughable.

#59 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:50

There is no incentive to do a thing on the ladders until it is close to resets. Give more tokens for staying on top and take some of the places away(Top 3 get tokens) If you stay no 1 for 5 hours, give a token(example)

#60 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:15

Thanks for the content......sorry bout the off topic but it did crop up here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: