and what about those that dont use level up points simple xploit there 2

#42 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 17:15

This is easy enough I think. We ought to be able to do this.

A possibility. We were also thinking that an easier option is to cap the amount of XP sub leveling players can gain to that of +5 levels of their actual level.

Possible, but again, we're thinking 5 levels max.

Any threats need to be reported as we will not tolerate that.

I want your guys honest answer on why you think this needs to be changed. I dont wanna hear blah blah blah whiners blah blah blah give them what they want. i want reasoning behind it. Heres my reasoning can you agree there are alot of eoc players? i can there are alot of them and with the current pace of content releases their stam goes unused which is very unfair. So they can keep enjoying the game and level etc they delevel and relevel by doing so they use stamina just like everyone else and gain equal amounts of exp as the next guy leveling from point a to point b. Also everyone has equal opportunity to delevel you really cant say otherwise....

#43 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2013 - 17:15

If a player is within 10 levels of the realm level, then it's ok to hunt in the realm.
If not, then that player gets teleported to Mountain Path.

That would not be needed as such, as they would only get the experience of a creature within 5 levels, regardless of how much higher the creature is.

#44 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 17:31

I say let's stay focused on the voted roadmap then add this suggestion to roadmap 2.0 list

In the big scheme of things, this seems like such a small thing that really doesn't hurt the game play aside from the GXP list but I'm the last person to understand why that stuff is so important. Perhaps as the comprise go, make another top 250 guild list?

#45 levy1977

levy1977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 December 2013 - 17:38

I think its funny that people are arguing over unimportant statistical values. Guild XP is not very important, what place your guild is, is also unimportant. 

What matters MOST, is players staying in this game, and getting new ones to join and stay. 

To do that, content needs to be released more frequently, which from what I can tell, is happening lately. 

Those that are deleveling and releveling are just hurting themselves if the end of content is pushed a few hundred levels further every few weeks. Besides, they are not leveling off normal stamina gain, which means they are spending real money on this game, which in turn, supports the rest of us and keeps the game live, so I don't care if they do it. I just care if we can solve the rather large exodus of players that keeps happening. I'd like to be able to help a new player and know there is a large chance they will be around in 2-3 years. Right now, its hard to see anyone sticking around, which for the most part, new players are not. 

Think about this people, you asked for Titan hunting to be more fair, so they added cooldown times, which means, those that have the stamina, sitting at EOC cannot burn their stamina on some titans because they are in cooldown. 

You asked for many things to change, and they changed it, each time blocking players from using their stamina in a fashion that keeps them coming back to play this game. If you continue to ask for things to be changed and it continues to block players from using their account, there wont be a game left to play, as everyone will have quit. 

#46 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 17:42

because the norm for EOC should be to delevel and relevel off one creature... that helps with the integrity of the game

#47 levy1977

levy1977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 17:44

because the norm for EOC should be to delevel and relevel off one creature... that helps with the integrity of the game

Get yourself to end of content and watch your stamina over flow.. 

I bet you change your opinion in how the game should be played. 

#48 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 17:48

i doubt my opinion of enjoyment will ever be to have my friends bounty me and offer free smash medal attacks so i can relevel from the same undead champion to gain more GXP or 'just' to be able to 'fully' use my global/epic potions..

but i guess that's just my thoughts.. 

i'm not a selfish player so my stamina won't over flow because

What matters MOST, is players staying in this game, and getting new ones to join and stay. 

;)

#49 levy1977

levy1977

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 17:50

:)

#50 aryann

aryann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 17:54

Im always deleveling dont think anyone in game has more guild xp then me at my lvl :) i just enjoy smashing hypocrites and those who need to b smashed

#51 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2013 - 17:57

A bunch of flaming posts and double posts have been removed.

Keep it civil.

#52 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 18:20

Why does this topic seem to come up right before xp events now? Though no event has been mentioned and it would be pretty sinister of the cows to skip an xp event this time :o

To comment on BigGrims's proposal of limiting to 5 levels that goes from 1 extreme of no limit to the other extreme of 1 maxed bounty....
I have lost 50 levels or more from guild wars so this would be just another deterrent to pvp in the game.

A compromise is possible at say 50-100 levels (100 would be preferable) as over that is probably abusing the system. But if your going to completely restrict another form of game play expect the online number to go down once again...

#53 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2013 - 18:23

I say boot people straight back to the mountain path if they lose too many levels.

If their VL and AL aren't within say 6 levels of the map they are sat in... Boom off back to the mountain path you go.

I specified 6 so people can't be de-mapped from a single bounty.

Adjusting the xp value still means that a player can get people to smash their bounty and then sit on one creature smashing away until they've regained their lost xp. Players should have to move around, change maps when they change level etc...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#54 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 18:32

The only problem that de-level+re-level causes is to Guild XP, so lets focus on real problem, guild XP. (Some can say Smasher Medal, but that is nothing)

Big guilds gets bigger, ok, I agree, so? What changes? The numbers on Top250 list?

We have bigger problems to solve, that de-level thing don't hurt anyone, let as it is now, lets focus con the new LEs for example, or something else.

But if you guys are going to prevent the de-level thing, just try to it without hurt the PvP system, the PvP on the game is dead enough.

#55 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 19:26

A bunch of flaming posts and double posts have been removed.

Keep it civil.

Waiting on a response still

#56 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2013 - 19:40

I will say this - I like the Bounty Board to be active, but not like this. This is an exploit, and one that has been allowed by HCS, but I don't see a difference between "allowing free 100 stams to lose levels" and "will trade wins for GVG". Granted the 2nd statement was for RP points for GVGs, but the first is for XP and gold from hunting in guilds (unless there is no tax). Are they close to the same thing, not necessarily, but they do the same harm to the game, but in different areas. The idea of giving the "Smasher" medal to people is no longer applicable because a lot of the players now up there have gotten them from hitting people who want to delevel. 

I would be okay with the proposed solution of if you're level is XX levels below monsters in a given region, you can't attack them. This would mean both players who have their points allocated and those who do not cannot use the exploit. This is just my 2 cents, but whatever the Cows decide to do is what they decide. We will all adjust and move on either way.

#57 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 05 December 2013 - 19:48

Do we want to stop people from spending a lot of dots on hunting? Cause this is quiete a huge amount of dots in potions and stamina we are talking about. If they want to spend their time and dots into deleveling and leveling up again to get more XP, then it is fine by me.

It is because they cannot earn more XP cause they reached max content unlike others who didn't reach the end of the world.

Edited by koenvdv, 05 December 2013 - 19:50.

#58 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 19:53

What about some sort of compromise where we limit the xp you can gain from a creature based on your AL?

So for example if you deleveled down to say level 900, but were hitting a level 1,050 Champion, the xp you would get would be the same as hitting a level 905 Champion. This way you would still be able to get extra xp for your guild, but you wouldn't be able to hit creatures way above your level to get masses of guild xp. Does that make sense?

Hoof, you should go into politics the way you like to compromise.

Attaching xp gain to your AL sounds appropriate, however, you would have to change the subleveling penalty and that is too extreme. How could a player stay in the higher 1050 realm, be 150 levels down and NOT get only 2 xp(the way it is now). It doesn't seem right. I could effectively sublevel just one or two levels below my VL and receive the higher xp. With all due respect players need to relevel properly if that's what they want. It's the added work that is being opposed with the uber global pots everything is one-hittable.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#59 Jose

Jose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 19:54

Keep in mind that is not about doing more restrictions, most of the players that get delevel is becost they want to keep playing and using the stamina. Thats why the most reasonable thing is that they just get TP to Krul Island and if they want to hunt and play they will need just to go to the current lvl map and keep playing. Thats it. Nothing more, nothing else. Dont add things about guild exp, or anything, its just to ensure someone dont sit and smash

#60 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 20:09

I bet you change your opinion in how the game should be played. 

I wish mine did - but given the content releases of late, I can't keep up with it, let alone overflow.

Were I to buy 1'000's of stamina on a regular basis, yes, but with my "mere" 125 stam / hr, I'm dropping off the pace.

Wish it DID overflow - other things I wanna do too, but staying close to EOC until the new year is my current in-game priority.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: