• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#41 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 19:43

Add/put a time limit on each tournament.  Encourage early sign ups for each tournament.

Each tournament would have a time limit to join.  Once the clock winds down, the tournament is closed to any additional players. 

This is how it could work...

4-man tournament.  First one in gets a bye if only 3 players have signed up by the time the entry time has expired.

8-man tournament.  If less than 8 sign up, the last few to join are dropped until the number is 4.  those that are dropped, are given refunds of their fees just as losing bidders receive their gold back in the AH.

12-man tournament.  If less than 12 sign up, the last to join are dropped and receive refunds of their tournament fees. If less than 8 join, the odd men out are dropped as (above).  Otherwise, in a twelve-man tournament, the first 4 to sign up get a 1st round bye.

16-man tournament.  Follow as described above -- if less than 16 sign up, drop the last to join, and the tournament becomes a 12-man tournament, etc.

Done.

That's my suggestion.

Oh yeah, add more and new items, too!

Edited by morderme, 13 April 2014 - 19:49.

#42 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 21:09

Add/put a time limit on each tournament.  Encourage early sign ups for each tournament.

Each tournament would have a time limit to join.  Once the clock winds down, the tournament is closed to any additional players. 

4-man tournament.  First one in gets a bye if only 3 players have signed up by the time the entry time has expired.
8-man tournament.  If less than 8 sign up, the last few to join are dropped until the number is 4.  those that are dropped, are given refunds of their fees just as losing bidders receive their gold back in the AH.
12-man tournament.  If less than 12 sign up, the last to join are dropped and receive refunds of their tournament fees. If less than 8 join, the odd men out are dropped as (above).  Otherwise, in a twelve-man tournament, the first 4 to sign up get a 1st round bye.
16-man tournament.  Follow as described above -- if less than 16 sign up, drop the last to join, and the tournament becomes a 12-man tournament, etc.

Done.

That's my suggestion.

Hmmm...that is one heck of an idea!!! I like it :D would like to hear more responses to this

#43 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 21:42

Done.

That's my suggestion.

+1, this also was a thread a long time ago..and as usual all the arena masters blasted the guy for it...it is a great idea..arena is taking way to long to get an arena tourney going...some gold tourneys are now taking 2 weeks to start...put a timer on all of them, those tourneys with starting entry fees that are much much higher than the value of the prize need to be adjusted...encourage faster sign ups..cows please reply to these ideas...arena needs help right away...the super long wait time to get arena tourneys started is DISCOURAGING players for trying arena and chasing others that use to play a lot away...get arena back up to speed...timer is awesome idea..

#44 roby33321

roby33321

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 21:53

I like the idea of arena revival

#45 j3k

j3k

Posted 13 April 2014 - 22:50

Idea/Suggestion they should add tag team w/guildies 

Grand prize  5M goes into guild bank

Max players 20

Ex

I and one of my best guild mate could join together and go against other guilds for the gold    

• j3k likes this

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#46 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 22:59

Max players 20

Ex
I and one of my best guild mate could join together and go against other guilds for the gold

Ha!!!! Another interesting idea to look into!!!! Could work if structured correctly ....great suggestion j3K :D

#47 j3k

j3k

Posted 13 April 2014 - 23:23

Max players 20

Ex

Ha!!!! Another interesting idea to look into!!!! Could work if structured correctly ....great suggestion j3K :D

though for a cooldown should also be  added 

So if    a guild wins   3 times in a row  a  12 hour cooldown should be added so   other guilds   have a chance  or something like that 

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#48 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 00:28

though for a cooldown should also be added
So if a guild wins 3 times in a row a 12 hour cooldown should be added so other guilds have a chance or something like that

The more I think about this the more I like it....
1. 2 players have to be in the same guild
2. Gold Arenas get directly deposited into guild bank...NICE!!
3. Token Arenas to be used for guild upgrades(maybe)
4. Cool down cycle(maybe)
What other type of Arenas could be in this???
Ok...so need input on how this type of Arena could be structured for a tag team smack down!!!
More suggestions needed on this...positive or negative need to hear both sides

Edited by Brice, 14 April 2014 - 00:39.

#49 feralnoob

feralnoob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 00:42

The more I think about this the more I like it....
1. 2 players have to be in the same guild
2. Gold Arenas get directly deposited into guild bank...NICE!!
3. Token Arenas to be used for guild upgrades(maybe)
4. Cool down cycle(maybe)
What other type of Arenas could be in this???
Ok...so need input on how this type of Arena could be structured for a tag team smack down!!!
More suggestions needed on this...positive or negative need to hear both sides

Who is going to pay entry fee to join as some guilds wont like to waste their guild gold. Have to have something like a guild arena bank or something

#50 j3k

j3k

Posted 14 April 2014 - 00:52

Who is going to pay entry fee to join as some guilds wont like to waste their guild gold. Have to have something like a guild arena bank or something

the guild gold wont be used to pay

BUT 

for paying it should be split   for the two players so if   2 people in the same guild want to go up against another guild and it cost 100k to get in both should pay 50k each

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

#51 y0da

y0da

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:21

I understand why you would think that more moves would be better but trust me, the arena is already complicated enough as it is haha. More moves added wouldn't help make it any easier for newer players to try it out. 

There used to be a guide by Trackxyj (2nd in Arena wins, was first for a VERY long time) but for some reason when the cows started the new forum, his thread got lost in the process. I learned a lot from it even as a somewhat intermediate player. If I ever find the link to the google docs page, I'll be sure to post it in my bio. 

I actually feel that the opposite would be true volcom. By adding more arena moves it would make for a larger arrangement of combinations being used (assuming of coarse that the new moves were actually useful, unlike the poison and fire....). A larger arrangement of moves would mean that your moves can work specifically with a certain gear type rather than having a combat move set that can generically be used for several different gear sets. This would, in a sense, make it more likely for a novice to win an arena due to the increased variance of moves and gear customization, adding another level to the arena.

Nobody can blame "Epics" and "paying players" for arena wins, since the majority of epics are worse than the normal gear, and since legendary and crystalline items are at an all time low cost.. New moves could change the arena dynamics dramatically, unless of coarse you want to "dummy it down" by somehow making a player win by the roll of the dice. I feel that the customization of combat moves is what makes the arena stand apart from other "luck" based games... A good analogy would be slots vs. poker, whereas slots is 100% luck and poker is a combination of luck AND skill. This diversity is what keeps many of us interested in playing the arena and if it was any less diverse, I would not be playing the arena at all.

Currently, if you are using an attack/armor gear set then you are hoping your opponent is using a defensive gear set and you are also "hoping" that your opponent is not using an armor/damage set....etc.etc.etc.

What we need is a diversification of the combat moves so that it isn't so cut and dry, thereby reducing that "hope" (which is really just luck) of not being matched up with a certain player in a certain arena, and having it be more about having a good combination of combat moves, using moves that will enhance your specific gear type.

In reality, anybody could win any arena with a little luck (I've seen it happen when low level players enter an arena a couple hundred levels higher, and still win based on the above mentioned "hope"), or the classic deflect move that always seems to activate at just the right time, except when I am using it :).

I hope this makes sense.

#52 feralnoob

feralnoob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:25

Also another idea for guild arenas is level to join the players are only to use 2 setup to add up to level arena entered like a level 200 arena ,a level 20 and level 180 set up ,a lvl 100 and 100 set up ,101 and 99 set up to be used to enter a level 200 arena. 

Also another idea for guild arenas is level to join the players are only to use 2 setup to add up to level arena entered like a level 200 arena ,a level 20 and level 180 set up ,a lvl 100 and 100 set up ,101 and 99 set up to be used to enter a level 200 arena. 

#53 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:27

I actually feel that the opposite would be true volcom. By adding more arena moves it would make for a larger arrangement of combinations being used (assuming of coarse that the new moves were actually useful, unlike the poison and fire....). A larger arrangement of moves would mean that your moves can work specifically with a certain gear type rather than having a combat move set that can generically be used for several different gear sets. This would, in a sense, make it more likely for a novice to win an arena due to the increased variance of moves and gear customization, adding another level to the arena.

Nobody can blame "Epics" and "paying players" for arena wins, since the majority of epics are worse than the normal gear, and since legendary and crystalline items are at an all time low cost.. New moves could change the arena dynamics dramatically, unless of coarse you want to "dummy it down" by somehow making a player win by the roll of the dice. I feel that the customization of combat moves is what makes the arena stand apart from other "luck" based games... A good analogy would be slots vs. poker, whereas slots is 100% luck and poker is a combination of luck AND skill. This diversity is what keeps many of us interested in playing the arena and if it was any less diverse, I would not be playing the arena at all.

Currently, if you are using an attack/armor gear set then you are hoping your opponent is using a defensive gear set and you are also "hoping" that your opponent is not using an armor/damage set....etc.etc.etc.

What we need is a diversification of the combat moves so that it isn't so cut and dry, thereby reducing that "hope" (which is really just luck) of not being matched up with a certain player in a certain arena, and having it be more about having a good combination of combat moves, using moves that will enhance your specific gear type.

In reality, anybody could win any arena with a little luck (I've seen it happen when low level players enter an arena a couple hundred levels higher, and still win based on the above mentioned "hope"), or the classic deflect move that always seems to activate at just the right time, except when I am using it :).

I hope this makes sense.

+1 totally agree with you..more moves..more strategy..

#54 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:27

Lots of great ideas and I defer to those that play arena regularly, with one exception - 

Strongly object to having guild gold used for arena.   Please find another way to do that.  Thanks

Some Wacky Ideas Most Likely, but these popped into my head:

* Would not seem too difficult to have a pool fee, thus multiple players could pay into the pool to play as a team, and the 1st member of the team would have the right to approve/reject players.  Prizes would have to be either gold or tokens or whatever deemed appropriate and to all those on the team.

* It would shake things up if a team could be made of people from different guilds and so no one group could dominate, perhaps there could be a cool down much like titan hunting.  But just for the team, so say a team is 2 players, they can pair up with 2 other players and thus form a new team and each team has a 24-48 hr cool-down.  

The aspect I like of pairing people across guilds is that anything that sparks teamwork, more communication, and competition tends to translate to game activity and satisfaction.

Sorry, probably too funky and far fetched ideas, but it popped into my head and spewed it out.

Good thread though and hope things evolve into something really workable that is picked up by HCS.

Edited by BraveKath, 14 April 2014 - 01:51.

#55 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:41

Great post BraveKath...not wacky at all :D

#56 j3k

j3k

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:24

side idea for my    guild tag team 

when they join an arena both of players stats could combine    

idk just an idea i thought of 

*edit*

so what im thinking if you join a level 200 arena with team mate you share 55% stats  combine so if one has low defense but the other has high defense  they other could carry you

BUT if you join a high level arena ex 1100  you only get 10% share stats so if you both have low defense hope that the both combine makes defense average 

just an insane idea i came up with

Edited by j3k, 14 April 2014 - 03:37.

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

#57 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:39

side idea for my    guild tag team 

when they join an arena both of players stats could combine    

idk just an idea i thought of

Yes it would have to be like that just as a guild attack group would be, in which, that's what Feralnoobs comment was insinuating, but he took it a step further in restricting this by using the example...if a group Arena was a lvl. 200 Arena each player would have to wear sets that would equal lvl 200... Like each player could wear a lvl 100 set to equal 200(I know this is crazy but interesting) or 1 player wears a lvl 50 the other a lvl 150... Get it...lol
  • j3k likes this

#58 j3k

j3k

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:40

* Would not seem too difficult to have a pool fee, thus multiple players could pay into the pool to play as a team, and the 1st member of the team would have the right to approve/reject players.  Prizes would have to be either gold or tokens or whatever deemed appropriate and to all those on the team.

the reject and approve players why not just send both of your best players into the tag team with best arena gear  

also pool fees imo should only be there fee {10-25k?} if you're on a winning streak of 3 maybe

Edited by j3k, 14 April 2014 - 03:41.

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

#59 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:17

Well BRICE, i for one love your ideas.  it was terrible for me to get my 100 wins..and i stopped.  I have bunch of arena "tokens" but what you suggested about upgrades to my character was a brilliant idea!  would motivate me to go back and play...im sure!  Thank you for putting alot of thought into this and for everyone else's input!

This is the main reason why I have started this Forum here...To bring back old Arena Players and bring New Players in! This is the kind of response that keeps me motivated to continue my quest in improving one of the greatest, most challenging , and important parts of this game (that's from my perspective)

#60 j3k

j3k

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:19

my last post for today

and a another idea for my suggestion 

GOLD

for normal arena instead tag team imo i think the highest gold should be 1-1.5M    

For Tag-team

highest should be   5M    which goes into guild bank  

but if hcs accepts this idea they should host a 24-72 hour event as brice said     

for the grand prize of 10M    but with   50 players   instead of just 18 

and that's my 2 cents for the day 

Edited by j3k, 14 April 2014 - 04:20.

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: