101 replies to this topic

#41 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:45

I suggest you give constructive feedback instead of simply being insulting, thank you. Bear in mind, this will be an ongoing update. If we get constructive feedback, giving us rough ideas of what players think the costs should be, we can take such under consideration. Your post however is not helpful or constructive in the slightest. I suggest you moderate your posting style.

sorry..bg..but after 2 years of waiting, i was certainly not expecting this, where it seems nobody knows the value of any arena prize...i have given many suggestions, 4 years of my time to your game..so i feel i should be able to vent when something is really wrong..yes..maybe i should have waited to see how this is going to turn out..but i love arena and want it to get back to where it was, or close to it... i am grateful for the update, and hope that you tweak it as much as needed to make arena great again- #1 make the matchups random- that will solve the cheating, #2 give the prizes value again...not sure how you can do this..but it has to happen for arena to be great again..lastly, do something (maybe the cooldown option, if win a prize, cant win that certain prize for a few days) to allow others to feel competitive and have a chance to win..arena has to make the newer players to arena feel welcome and have a chance to win..

#42 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:51

Randomizing participant matchups is much needed.. The entering lineup shouldn't determine who you fight against

#43 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 17:53

As I've suggested in an old arena-related thread, all combat moves should be available to players by default to increase arena participation of new players. Having them use tokens to buy those essential moves just slows them down because they face an uphill battle against established players with complete combat moves (especially the veteran arena players who'll join all the arena matches to harvest tokens). This would also pose as a problem if ever the popular cooldown option (which I also agree with) is implemented.

Edited by Maj, 25 June 2014 - 17:56.

#44 bleacher12

bleacher12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 18:07

Why are the tokens proportional to player level? shouldn't it be inverse since higher level players can join lower level arenas?

So now the rewards are being skewed in favor of EOCs.... great.

#45 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 18:24

Additionally, you need to restore the whole range of arena levels.  With only 6 different levels, that obsoletes 100s of once useful sets.

#46 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 18:25

so you think the idea of introducing cooldown is GOOD or BAD for the WHOLE COMMUNITY ?

IF bad then please give a decent REASON !

I don't know ,It sounds bad for active players and no need to put out the experienced players from arena because they are only reason makes new opponents get better at arena.

and btw how did you know if arena tokens won't work? The original idea itself rewarding the losers not the winners unless HC's didn't make it like that.

#47 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 18:30

Why are the tokens proportional to player level? shouldn't it be inverse since higher level players can join lower level arenas?

So now the rewards are being skewed in favor of EOCs.... great.

I wouldn't worry about that.  When winning 1 tournament, lets you buy 8 LF 600s or Brewmaster 300s; they will be near worthless in short order.

#48 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 18:45

What the hell is that? this is not what players asked for in forum! you ruined the Arena bring it back slow much better

Edited by shindrak, 25 June 2014 - 18:45.

#49 xitar

xitar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 18:55

need more granularity in the level ranges

tokens to level entered is whack (EoC get richer)

-solution have token amounts based on entry fee. the more you risk the more you gain. and have it at every level range.

#50 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 18:55

also, allowing more than 3 of each move, is kind of a problem...

#51 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 18:57

"I've also implemented a small change to the combat system which should mean that attacks that are part of the PVP Ladder will not be Bountyable anymore."

A small change? Seriously? You're going to give smasher points out with a practice that carries zero risk now? That "small change" has been discussed before, and to my knowledge shut down as absurd.The bounty board is already dead, creating less risk in pvp (and the ladder is a form of that, yes) is just going to make it worse! What possible reason could you have to do something like that? 

Edited by bunnybee, 25 June 2014 - 18:58.

#52 bilops

bilops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 18:59

this proves my point even more about the few players dominating the arena !!

for proof go to " View Completed Tournaments "

if there is no Cooldown then these few players will dominate the arena item prices !!

#53 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 19:00

"I've also implemented a small change to the combat system which should mean that attacks that are part of the PVP Ladder will not be Bountyable anymore."

A small change? Seriously? You're going to give smasher points out with a practice that carries zero risk now? That "small change" has been discussed before, and to my knowledge shut down as absurd.The bounty board is already dead, creating less risk in pvp (and the ladder is a form of that, yes) is just going to make it worse! What possible reason could you have to do something like that? 

X2 :(

Edited by Bleltch, 25 June 2014 - 19:00.

#54 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 19:37

If you're going to make the ladder even more it's own encapsulated side game, remove smasher credit. Give it it's own medal or something, for successful attacks. Put smasher credits where they have always belonged anyway- in open pvp. Then watch the bounty board come back, game excitement, and increased interest and activity across multiple fronts. My understanding is this was recently discussed anyway as an option, a return to "old style pvp." 

#55 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 19:59

Bahaha to funny Everyone wanted change in Arena it happens ... AND.... everyone thinks it is a Fail... Sorry HCS Seems you will never win!

#56 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 20:03

Bahaha to funny Everyone wanted change in Arena it happens ... AND.... everyone thinks it is a Fail... Sorry HCS Seems you will never win!

Speaking for everyone, lol, I have to say my expectation was arena as it was, plus consolation tokens for losing in finals or semi-finals.

Wholesale removal of existing prizes and existing level ranges, replaced with way undercosted prizes is not what people were expecting.

#57 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 20:04

sorry..but these are not the changes that anyone presented...read the thread about arena tokens and no where in that thread was there ever a mention of turning arena tokens into arena currency, and limiting levels of participation

#58 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 20:06

sorry..but these are not the changes that anyone presented...read the thread about arena tokens and no where in that thread was there ever a mention of turning arena tokens into arena currency, and limiting levels of participation

Didnt say anything in last post about the change being tokens.... Just said everyone wanted a change... * read the post *

#59 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 20:18

And your right Grimnok i shouldnt say Everyone :/ ... Cause not all are complaining ...

#60 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 June 2014 - 21:17

Kind of confused. I've seen people win both an 80 token and a 96 token tournament at the exact same time. 176 tokens? So they can easily buy 17 Brewing Master 300s on the spot?  Also all of the max levels are rounded to 100, 250, 1000, 1500 etc. way too wide???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: