Photo

Development Update (6th May 2012)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
189 replies to this topic

#41 fs_grimwr

fs_grimwr
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 18:32

Require more than 1 participant by limiting the amount of attacks that can be done by a single attacker to 25. This restriction is not placed on defenders.

Gutted:(

Means smaller guilds have less opportunities. Harder to finish initiated GvG but so much easier to defend??? Why bother?
Come on surely we can do a little better than that.
Do we limit guilds by geographical location cos most of my guild members are on differing times to me. So should I plan 24hours in advance, inform members that I'm gonna go after a particular Guild. Wait for there agreement, do my GvG. Wait for either the guild to defend it and make it a draw at best. Or am I hoping my guild mate makes it on first?
It just seems an ass of away to go about things?

Please, please, please remove this rule.

Maybe give more reward to defending a GvG or something. Might increase the compations a little?

Yours in hope.

Grim; )

#42 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 06 May 2012 - 18:35

You can teach but do they listen? If someone doesn't care about their offline setup then what boot them from the guild because they want to have Stam gain gear on? Where do you draw the line for a non GvG/PvP guild?

If they dont listen? Yep, boot em. Or, don't complain when they are hit. One or the other. As for players who choose to sit in stam gear..yep its their right..they also make themselves easy targets for gvg. Don't blame the system when it's a players choice on what to wear. ;)

#43 fs_fate05

fs_fate05
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 18:44

If they dont listen? Yep, boot em. Or, don't complain when they are hit. One or the other. As for players who choose to sit in stam gear..yep its their right..they also make themselves easy targets for gvg. Don't blame the system when it's a players choice on what to wear.

You make it sound so simple! too bad that does not work!

GVGing is just a part of the game, players that want to lvl are going to wear epic and stam gain items. do you want us to tell them to slow down on the lvling and spend their precious FSP on buying a degense set for offline?
GVG conflicts should stay the same because the cows are asking for too much of us when they change it to 25 attacks per player

#44 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 06 May 2012 - 18:56

[*:yofxcrqo]If it is a draw: Defender gains 5 Guild RP
[*:yofxcrqo]If it is a draw: Defender gains 8 Guild RP
[*:yofxcrqo]If it is a draw: Defender gains 10 Guild RP

Best part of all of these changes, We defend all our GvG and this rewards those who actually care. I also love the change where 1 player cant do all the hitting, it is a guild effort after all.

Defender don't pay anything and they get all the extra RP on retaliation? Nope, doesn't sound like a good thing to me. Splitting RP, good. Give everything to the defensive side, bad.

The defender should get the RP for a draw. They did not ask to be hit. They were hit and now expend their time and stam to fight back in a fight they did not ask for. They draw it then they deserve it. Also splitting it would just open another door to under the table RP trading... "You get naked and I'll get my 50 then I'll get naked and you get your 50.
Sorry Deza.

Posted Image

#45 fs_fate05

fs_fate05
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 19:00

Also splitting it would just open another door to under the table RP trading... "You get naked and I'll get my 50 then I'll get naked and you get your 50.
Sorry Deza.

RP trading is a waste of stam! lol
why split 10 RP when you can get all of it! also trading RP would cost 1K stam which is a waste.

Who in there right mind would want to trade RP

#46 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 19:01

If they dont listen? Yep, boot em. Or, don't complain when they are hit. One or the other. As for players who choose to sit in stam gear..yep its their right..they also make themselves easy targets for gvg. Don't blame the system when it's a players choice on what to wear.

GVGing is just a part of the game, players that want to lvl are going to wear epic and stam gain items. do you want us to tell them to slow down on the lvling and spend their precious FSP on buying a degense set for offline?
GVG conflicts should stay the same because the cows are asking for too much of us when they change it to 25 attacks per player

It works perfectly well, My guild is a very large guild, mostly made up of levelers. However, we have a requirement about what offline gear can be worn and they must consist of sets. Those that choose not to wear the right gear to both defend against GvG as well as our relics get warned than booted. Period.

Additionally with the amount of very cheap gear in the AH as well as champion and elite sets that are farmable and cheap I doubt there is a level range you couldn't find a complete set for pennies. It does not have to Perfect and FF to do the trick of defending, that's where the guilds job as a whole comes in, buffing your players that are the targets.

Its about teamwork, especially considering it's a GUILD effort!

#47 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 19:01

Absolutely love this update!! Finally Guild vs. Guild instead of Player vs. Guild!! Only problem I see is this range issue:

[*:rnhnzicc]Change level range to the following:

[*:rnhnzicc]25 - 300 (+/- 25)
[*:rnhnzicc]301 - 700 (+/- 50)
[*:rnhnzicc]701+ (+/- 100)[/list]

How is it done at the edges of the level ranges (so around level 300 and level 700)?
Will level 300 players be able to attack level 275-325 players while level 301 players are allowed to attack level 251-351 players?
That way a level 301 can attack a level 262 player without having to worry about getting hit back by the same player. This can easily be exploited... :roll:
Or will there be some kind of cap around the edges of the ranges so that you can only hit players that can also hit you back? :D

Posted Image

#48 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 19:05

Also splitting it would just open another door to under the table RP trading... "You get naked and I'll get my 50 then I'll get naked and you get your 50.
Sorry Deza.

RP trading is a waste of stam! lol
why split 10 RP when you can get all of it! also trading RP would cost 1K stam which is a waste.

Who in there right mind would want to trade RP

If they can do it they will even if it makes no logical sense.

Posted Image

#49 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 06 May 2012 - 19:11

Before this update players could be targeted in *weak* sets , stam gear for example... after this update..its no different. Not sure what your point is?

How are the cows asking too much? It's ONE additional hitter.( for a 50 hit conflict, the most common)

#50 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 May 2012 - 19:12

I think one attacker should be allowed to do all hits no matter if they are attacker of defender

+1

It shouldn't be mandatory for a bunch of people to participate in a single GvG... there can be issues in RL that don't allow you to finish the conflict(s) you started. Limiting the amount of attacks a single person can do might lead to a guilds inability to finish the GvG for their guildmate.

#51 fs_fate05

fs_fate05
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 19:14

Scrogger I can finish a GVG conflict in like 10 minutes against your guild! with the 4 player idiotic idea the cows came up with, it would take me hours to finish the conflicts!

#52 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 19:15

Scrogger I can finish a GVG conflict in like 10 minutes against your guild! with the 4 player idiotic idea the cows came up with, it would take me hours to finish the conflicts!

Do it:) But be warned we always hit back;)

And it doesn't say 4 players, it says:

Require more than 1 participant by limiting the amount of attacks that can be done by a single attacker to 25. This restriction is not placed on defenders.

#53 fs_fate05

fs_fate05
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 19:19

haha I know that! but still I've done GVG conflicts against your guild in 10 minutes. (got a draw out of it)

If this update passes how many people here are going to GVG?!

Most of the players arguing for this GVG update don't GVG or plan on GVGing after this update. they just want to make GVGing hell!

#54 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 06 May 2012 - 19:20

10 minutes..nice.... that means 10 targets... soooo 10 kills every 2 minutes under the current system..With the limit in place you'd gain your 25 kills in roughly 6 minutes?

That leaves 23 hours 54 minutes for one of your other guild mates to gain 25 kills. I don't see the difficulty there. :)

#55 fs_fate05

fs_fate05
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 19:22

And it doesn't say 4 players, it says:

Well I'm planning on doing the 100 attack conflicts, if they change so it only takes one player to do the conflict.

#56 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 19:26

haha I know that! but still I've done GVG conflicts against your guild in 10 minutes. (got a draw out of it)

If this update passes how many people here are going to GVG?!

Most of the players arguing for this GVG update don't GVG or plan on GVGing after this update. they just want to make GVGing hell!

All of those posting here GvG, None of them want to make GvG hell. We simply want it to be a Guild effort and not a 1 man show. Look at it this way, some of the large leveling guilds could not be bothered to waste their precious stam on anything other than leveling. So they outsourced a "job" to low level players. Typically it has been 1, maybe 2 low level players (and imo prob a multi) who than swamp guilds that take in players of similar level. So the level 49 has 15 targets to hit, prob unbuffed etc. This "hitter" doing a job is the only possible target that can be hit back virtually guaranteeing a win as the "hitter" is in the best gear and fully buffed constantly. How is this GvG? This update should rectify that.

Well I'm planning on doing the 100 attack conflicts, if they change so it only takes one player to do the conflict.

That's a choice you can make. Extra RP should take extra work and planning.

#57 fs_fate05

fs_fate05
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 19:27

10 minutes..nice.... that means 10 targets... soooo 10 kills every 2 minutes under the current system..With the limit in place you'd gain your 25 kills in roughly 6 minutes?

That leaves 23 hours 54 minutes for one of your other guild mates to gain 25 kills. I don't see the difficulty there.

Lets say it takes me the 10 minutes to do the 25 attacks, then I have 23 hours and 54 minutes for one of my guild mates to get the other 25 kills! Since I'm in a big guild it would take the other guild about one hour to counter the 50 hit, by then I still have 23 hours to get someone else to hit and tie giving me nothing.
Great idea! too bad it does not work

#58 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 06 May 2012 - 19:31

Lets say it takes me the 10 minutes to do the 25 attacks, then I have 23 hours and 54 minutes for one of my guild mates to get the other 25 kills! Since I'm in a big guild it would take the other guild about one hour to counter the 50 hit, by then I still have 23 hours to get someone else to hit and tie giving me nothing.
Great idea! too bad it does not work

It wouldn't take the other guild long to counter you in a gvg NOW either. RE READ the original post. A Tie awards RP in this proposed system.

Again, you say it's a great idea but doesn't work, could you cite your sources? How do you know this? :)

#59 shdowdrgn

shdowdrgn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 19:37

Absolutely love this update!! Finally Guild vs. Guild instead of Player vs. Guild!! Only problem I see is this range issue:

how wasnt it guild VS guild before? honestly i am going to agree with the people saying this is not a good way to go.

it takes the whole guild to wear good offline gear, watch for hits, help build sets, buff offline players. 1 player hitting does not take this away. there whole guild in most cases participate in this way.

limiting how many hits they can do only means that many novice players will have a hard time getting the chance to try it out and have a go at it. i was in a guild before where i was the only one that wanted to try out GVG. everyone else was willing to do the other parts but they did not want to hit as it was not there way of playing and such. with this update i would not have been able to do a single GVG back then. for the people that want more than one person hitting fine rally your troops and hit them back with as many as you want, but imposing a limit on how many hits you can do fixes nothing with the game

#60 iambrad

iambrad

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 20:47

It looks like you have a choice then... Stay in your guild and not gvg or go to another guild that participates in gvg and has more than one player doing it. I already said it, "get a buddy to gvg with."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: